Help with email "Error" Requesting Data from Exchange Server

Please see attached notes...

>> Tom wrote:
>>> I migrated Exchange Server 2000 to Exchange Server 2003.  Everything
>>> went smooth.  However, there is a problem with the sending email
>>> with Outlook (Users are using Outlook 2002) to multiple
>>> individuals, email always fails to multiple individuals .  It works
>>> great when you need to send an email to a single person.   However
>>> when you send an email to multiple users, a error message always
>>> comes up "Requesting Data From Exchange Server.." this is in the
>>> top blue line portion of the error message.  The main portion
>>> starts out as "Outlook is retrieving data from Microsoft Exchange
>>> Server (Then gives our old server name)".  How come it is looking
>>> for data on our old server?
>>>
>>> Can anyone help me figure out this problem.  This is for internal
>>> email, not sending email over the internet.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>> How did you do your exchange migration - did you move mailboxes, and
>> then leave the old server up and running while clients connected the
>> first time? Did you migrate everything?
>> If you recreate a mail profile, does it resolve this?
>>

> I used the migration tool, I did not physically move mailboxes.  Old
> Server is shut down.   What do you mean recreate a mail profile?  I
> have also created a couple of new profiles on the new server and
> still get this message.

Sounds like not everything got migrated, then. I'd post in
m.p.exchange.admin for more help as this isn't an Outlook issue.

> Tom

0
Tom7430 (437)

Did you leave the old server on long enough for Outlook to get redirected?
Did you follow this tech doc?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307917

"Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please see attached notes...

>>> How did you do your exchange migration - did you move mailboxes, and
>>> then leave the old server up and running while clients connected the
>>> first time? Did you migrate everything?
>>> If you recreate a mail profile, does it resolve this?
>>>

>> I used the migration tool, I did not physically move mailboxes.  Old
>> Server is shut down.   What do you mean recreate a mail profile?  I
>> have also created a couple of new profiles on the new server and
>> still get this message.
>
> Sounds like not everything got migrated, then. I'd post in
> m.p.exchange.admin for more help as this isn't an Outlook issue.
>

>> Tom

0
candeev (105)

Error number: 0x800ccc0e
Why am I getting this right after installing Outlook 2000? It was a gift. I have had no success trying to get info from the knowledge base. Nothing has changed except installing Office 2000. I configured everything just as I had previous. Going back to Outlook Express I get the same error. What is going on? Same story here. And I would love to just be able to go back to OE at this point. Darla >-----Original Message----- >Why am I getting this right after installing Outlook 2000? >It was a gift. I have had no success trying to get info >from the knowledge base. Nothing ...

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

error on upgrade: ID 4386

error 0x800cc0f

DNS Error on Exchange

Recording Macro Error Message
While recording the macro, I access the cell I need the formula in and write the formula. After writing the formula and hitting ENTER, I receive a microsoft GUI with "Unable To Record", and ackknowledge the GUI by hitting OK. The forluma is written to the cell - all even has the desired result/calculation. When I access the code, the navigation within the worksheet is listed in the code, but the furmula is not listed. I tried exiting the file and trying a second time, yet the same results. How do I "reset" the macro recorder to again begin to record all as...

Error After Customizing 'Accounts' Form
Hello. Earlier today, I created an onSave event along with some other customizations for a tab in the 'Accounts' form. After becoming comfortable with my changes, I published the form and tested with a small Account that we do not access much. One of my fields was planned to be read-only, but I had it writable for a test. When I typed a value into the field and saved, I received an error and I can no longer open the specific account. I found the problem with the custom field and fixed it. However, I am still unable to open that one account. Here is the error I received: ...

Installation Error Message
I am attemting to install CRM4 or W2003 server running SQL 2008. I get the following message: Setup requires SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 Hotfix for role creation on SQL Reporting Service SP2 Workgroup edition at the specified Reporting Services Report Server http://XXXXX/reportserver. It is asking for SQL2005 hotfix yet I am running SQl2008. Any suggestions? ...

Send/Recieve error #3
I had few viruses in my computer that I cleaned up. Ever since, I face send/recieve error in my pop3 email account. I think I deleted a driver or somthing. Any idea? ...

How do I add error bars unique to each data point?
I have a data series that I want to add error bars to, however I would like to have unique error bar values for each individual point? Is this possible? Thank you.. Glenn Hi, On the error bar tab of the format dialog for a data series are 2 ref edit boxes that will allow you to select a range of cells containing a unique value for each point. Cheers Andy Glenn wrote: > I have a data series that I want to add error bars to, however I would like > to have unique error bar values for each individual point? Is this possible? > Thank you.. > Glenn -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP ...

Auto Update error message (constant)
I have Money 2006 Deluxe and have encountered two problems: 1. For more than a week a red <!> icon appears at the upper right of the screen where updates are posted, and clicking on it indicated that, under the MSN Money Synchronization section, "your last call encountered an error" and that "updates are temporarily unavailable." Does this hinder any Money functions? How can it be corrected? I visited MSN Money's web site and didn't see any wrong settings. 2. When I first downloaded this new version of Money, a window popped up at sign-up offering the f...

After installing multiple updates, error code 0xC80001F
I have been installing multiple updates (due to computer restore). During this last set of updates, I noticed that there were a few that said they weren't installed (failed) successfully. I went back to the installed updates info, but there were no items that showed "failed". When I tried to go back to the Windows Update Home page, I received this error code [Error number: 0xC80001FE]. I do not have a 3rd party anti-virus or firewall active right now. I have done nothing following the installation of updates. -- Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing tha...

error message when sending a group e-mail
In recent days when I try to send a group message with Outlook, I get the following error message: "An internet support function returned an error." The message doesn't send! I am able to send the group message with Outlook Express. Version: Outlook 2003(11.8018.8028) SP2 In news:4778B424-D496-4D37-BDB2-A38EAD08F99F@microsoft.com, gblu <gblu@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > In recent days when I try to send a group message with Outlook, I get > the following error message: "An internet support function returned > an error." The message doesn...

Error Message -Outlook 200
When I start Outlook 2000 I get the following error message: Error Unknown - Program will close now. I recently corrected a DLL error that was showing up. Any fixes you can suggest. Thanks! ...

Data entry errors exist in batch #2
We have just started running GP 10.0 and I had to redo the security for one of our employees. I think I am missing one permission for her but don't know where to find it. I have it setup so that she can enter payables and print checks. She can enter the payables fine but when she posts the batch we get the following error: "Data entry errors exist in batch. Use the batch recovery window to process the batch." I have reviewed her batch and there are no errors. Once it is recovered I can go in as my user and post the batch just fine with no errors even though no changes ha...

The message interface has returned an unknown error. If
I get this as an error message. The message interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart outlook. Any ideas? See my reply to your earlier post. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:09d601c3bb79$ad35b180$a001280a@phx.gbl, Catfish wrote: > I get this as an error message. > > The message interface has returned an unknown error. If > the problem persists, restart outlook. > > Any ideas? ...

complete list of error message for exchange?
Dear all, Can anyone tell me where to download a complete list of error message for exhcnage? thanks sam There really is no one definitive place to do this, we have some articles such as the ones below that list error codes 266361 Exstensible Storage Engine 98 Error Codes 0 to -1048 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266361 266367 Exstensible Storage Engine 98 Error Codes -1051 to -999999 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266367 You can also use Error.exe to translate errors. Go to a command prompt and change to your Exchsrvr\bin folder If you are getting say a -1018 error, type error -...

combo box look up text box error
I used this code =DSum("Amount", "[July 09 - On Billings and Adjustments Data Query]", " [Customer No#] = " & cboCustomerNumber & " AND Format([Posting Date Period], ""yyyymm"") = '" & Format(cboPostingDate, "yyyymm") & "'") to put the values in my text box but i'm just getting #error in the text box i have Customer Number box pulling the Customer number from the customer listing table, and the rest coming from the July 09 - On Billings an...

DPM Error on end-user recovery permissions
Hello. I currently have a server with DPM 2010 RC, version 3.0.7558.0 running and every 12 hours I'm getting the following error: Failed to update permissions used for end-user recovery on <servername>. Permissions update failed for the following reason: (ID 3123) Unable to update shares or share permissions. (ID 3050) I've seen that turning off end-user recovery will clear this warning, however, I've been told that I need to keep it on. Can someone point me in the right direction to see why this is happening? Event viewer's DPM alerts has the follo...

Error CRM3.0 desktop client for MS Office Outlook .
I have installed CRM desktop client for outlook. Occure connect error http://www.nalbi.net/img/err1.jpg http://www.nalbi.net/img/err2.jpg why ? I think you are facing what many people have found to be a problem with the standard install. I have resolved this by the following. The problem doesn't lie with Outlook or CRM components, the piece at fault is IE. IE assumes that any address with a "." in it for example crm.mydomain.com is non intranet. With this assumption it doesn't matter if the site is within your trusted sites and/or if you have the setting in IE to ...