Help! Unable to mount public folder store event 9519

Hi,

I am getting the following error when tring to mount the public folder store.

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeIS
Event Category:	General
Event ID:	9519
Date:		11/01/2006
Time:		00:10:26
User:		N/A
Computer:	SERVER
Error 0x8004010f starting database "First Storage
Group\f7967383-856a-4b7f-9023-37c269a0e908" on the Microsoft Exchange
Information Store.
Look up of DB Info failed.

I have tried numerous ms kb articles to no avail.

I did find this on a news group :-
Steps:
1) In ADSI edit go to: Configuration Container -> Configuration -> Services
->
Microsoft Exchange -> Org name -> Administrative Groups ->
                                  First Administrative Group -> Servers ->
Server
name -> Information Store -> First Storage Group
2) On the right pane, go to the properties of the "public folder store".
3) Select the property to view: "msExchOwningPFTree"
4) If the value is not set, then we need to set a new value.
5) In ADSI edit go to: Configuration Container -> Configuration -> Services
->
Microsoft Exchange -> Org name -> Administrative Groups ->
                                  First Administrative Group -> Folder
Hierarchies
6) On the right pane, go to the properties of "public folders" and select a
property to view as: Distinguished Name.
7) Copy this value and paste it as the value for "msExchOwningPFTree" in
step-(3)
and click set value.
----------------------------
But when I try to look at the property of the "public folders" in "Folder
Hierarchies" I get this error "the specified directory service attribute or
value does not exist"

The server is running SBS 2000 - Windows SP4 - Exchange SP3

Many Thanks in advance

0
Julian325 (40)

My Exchange 5.5 is relaying encapsulated messages HELP!
My Exchange 5.5 server appears to be relaying encapsulated messages. On the "routing" tab of the IMC, I have it set to "re-route SMTP mail..." but on the "routing restrictions" button I have every single item UNCHECKED. Also, I have rebooted the server. I heard that you have to disable encapsulated relaying via the registry, but I can't seem to find the article on Microsoft's site. Can anyone help?? Uncehck re-route SMTP mail. If you have POP or IMAP users who need an SMTP IMC to relay mail, for their use install an IMC on a separate Exchagne 5.5 s...

Adding multiple products to a contact: Challenge/HELP!!!
Here is a challenge: We sell products ( traing courses) where we have to be able to link a contact to a product. thanks to Andrew on the message "Mapping between standard and custom entity" we were able to do that using the ideas he posted. as well as his blog. (http://andrewn23.blogspot.com/) What we now run into is that we can have multiple courses on a single quote/order and want to associate the contact/stuent easily with the products. when one wants to for instance merge accounts there is the possibility for selecting multiples by usng the control key and then clicking ...

Public Folder Calendar Appointment Updates
We use MS-Exchange with Outlook in our organization. We have set up a group calendar using public folders in Exchange to track group appointments. We enter appointments into this group folder and then invite the applicable people to the appointment. When we update or delete an appointment, the public folder keeps the old appointment in the calendar. This makes it difficult to determine which appointments are correct. Does anybody know how to get the public folder to automatically accept the changes and only show the most up to date information? Thanks, ...

Need help with a function
Hi I'm sorry but I'm not too much familiar with Excel. I have some listing in column A For example in A1 I have: D:\blabla\folder1\file1.xxx in A2 I have: D:\blabla\folder2\file2.xxx in A3 I have: D:\blabla\folder3\file3.xxx I want the word between the 2nd and 3rd '\' to be in color red. So in A1 folder1 should be in red, in A2 folder2 in red etc I could do it manually but there are like 3000 lines. It would take forever. Is this simple to achieve with a script/macro/? ? I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance. Christophe Presumably you want to pick that value o...

Open File Dialog Help
I am trying to set the m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir to "My Music" on an open file dialog, but can't seem to get it to work right. I would like it to default to the c:\documents and settings\user\My Documents\My Music, regardless of the machine the application is running on. The project is being built using Visual C++ 6.0 Professional, on a Windows 2K machine, but may be running in any Windows environment. Thanks, SHGetSpecialFolderPath(CSIDL_PERSONAL) gets you to My Documents ...

Unable to see Path / In Folder in Explorer?
Windows XP Home, service pack 3. Classic folders view. When I open Windows Explorer I am unable to see the Path / In Folder detail. I can see Name, Size, Type, Date Modified, and when I right click I'm presented with a popup list of additional details I might want to see, but no Path / In Folder option. What am I missing here? Have I accidentally disabled some setting? By the way, Search works OK- I see the results with the In Folder (Path) detail, so why not in Explorer? Thanks! RW wrote: > Windows XP Home, service pack 3. Classic folders view. > &g...

Multiple email accounts and inbox folders
I have 3 email accounts set up - one hotmail and two non-web-based accounts. The incoming hotmail messages automatically go into the hotmail inbox; however all email from the other email accounts winds up together in the "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]" inbox. Is there a way that email received via these other ISP's can be directed to separate folders I specifically set up for them? Thanks in advance. Rick Johnston You have to use a rule to separate out POP accounts. Go with some like "when mail arrives through specified account, move to specified folder". You...

Public folders, Do not have the right
Hi All, We have a bunch of public folders on an E2k3. Some Users get a do not have rights message in Outlook if they try to open a message in an public folder. The interesting thing is, that they can acces some messages within the same folder. And the user sitting next to the first can open other messages and some not. Looks like the permissions of the public folder are not propageted correctly to all of the messages within the folder. Tried to reaply the permissions, but this doesn´t help. Any suggestions? ...

VBA Help #6
I know this is simple so I apologize for posting it. I'm looking for the VBA code to take a sheet and sort the rows (below row 2) by a certain column, descending. After sorting, I want Excel to provide shading in alternating rows. For example: Row 2 - no shading Row 3 - Shading Row 4 - no shading Row 5 - shading. Thanks in advance for the help. On Jan 25, 10:47=A0am, SHalper <scott.m.hal...@gmail.com> wrote: > I know this is simple so I apologize for posting it. =A0I'm looking for > the VBA code to take a sheet and sort the rows (below row 2) by a > certain column,...

Unable to to choose update stocks on line
I just upgraded from Money 2003 to Money 2004. When I go to update my stock portfolio all I cab choose is Ipdate quotes manually. What happened and how can I restore it? In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote: >I just upgraded from Money 2003 to Money 2004. When I go >to update my stock portfolio all I cab choose is Ipdate >quotes manually. What happened and how can I restore it? In any case, these are worth doing: In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles. Then in Money do File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepa...

Please help with contacts and address book
I am using Outlook 2000 and have two sets of folders: 1. Outlook Today - [Mailbox - My Name] 2. Personal Folders The first folder is my link to Exchange Server. When I click on New Mail Message and click on Address Book, the list of addresses I see is from Contacts located under Personal Folders. I have two questions: 1. How do I get the Address Book to list my Outlook Today (Exchange Server) contacts? 2. How do I back up or synchronize my Outlook Today contacts so both contact lists (Outlook Today and Personal Folders) are the same? Thanks, Peter ...

Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified f
HELP HELP SOS my outlook suddenly says ( Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. You do not have permission to log on.) when i hit outlook today. I restored my machine and nothing happen. im runnning an XP with Outlook 2002 and the machine is on a server ...

Rules / Macro? Help
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C478A8.C4D615E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello. This is what I would like to do. If the subject line of the e-mail I = just received reads " Cat " then I would like Outlook to automatically = send/forward the " Cat Template ". If the subject line of the e-mail I = just received reads " Dog " then I would like Outlook to automatically = send/foard the " Cat Template ". I've looked into trying to ...

Sintax Help!
I would like to print a sheet and a graph from a macro. I would like to call both by the Number and not the Name of each. In other words if the sheet was named Chart10 (BoxTops)I need to be able to call the sheet by "Chart10" not "boxtops". This way if the name changes the macro will still work. Somthing like... Sub test() ' ' test Macro ' Macro recorded 5/23/2005 by ' 'Print Chart Sheets("chart12").Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True End Sub But my macro errors out on the first line. How to you c...

Calculated Columns Help
FIND/SEARCH functions both return #DEFAULT! if string is not found. If it is not found, I'd like to display a different value (one of the other columns). All my attempts to check if the calculated column = "#DEFAULT!" fail. It is as if it is not really a string. How can I test for #DEFAULT! value? ...

Net Folders #10
I want to be able to share Calendars and Contacts List amongst about 10 Outlook Express users on the same network. Net Folders seems to be the answer to my prayers but:- a. Where do I download it from? b. Will it work with users on XP? The server is running 2000. Many thanks, Ed ...

Recipient Policy help #3
I updated our recipient policy to add a new SMTP domain to everyone's mailbox, it all looked great until I noticed it added the domain to our contacts in the reciepient OU too. Now these external contacts include another smtp address with our domain name. How can I get rid of these? Use admodify to bulk remove them. http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 James Chong Gonzo wrote: > I updated our recipient policy to add a new SMTP domain to everyone's > mailbox, it all looked great until I noticed it added the domain t...

can someone help with this error?
Error: "The form required to view this message can not be displayed. Contact your administrator" One of my users gets this error when trying to open an email that originated from a yahoo web based email account. In her outlook inbox the email contains an attatchment to each forwarded message. It is when clicking to open the forwarded message that the error occurs. Note that this same email opens fine on other computers using the same version of Outlook. The 'original' message is several 'forwarded' messages deep and contains pictures. When I look at it my title bar ...

Pivot Table Help #2
- Automaticly Refreshing Pivot Table Data I have a made a macro called "depsub" that gathers sales data from each one of our sales departments, compiles it onto one page, sorts it and SUBTOTALs the data by employee and department. I also have a PivotTable that needs to use this same data. PivotTables can not be generated from subtotaled data. So I have to nest a macro within my "depsub" macro that generates a PivotTable prior to the data being subtotaled. Problem is every time I try to do this the macro errors out and stops when I try to creat the pivot table. Here i...

How do you find windows shared folders?
I am writing a piece of software to back up a shared folder on one computer to another computer. I need a list of the shared folders available on the network I am connected to by ethernet. The computers are both windows machines... One is a Windows 98 computer and the other (the one that is doing the query) is windows XP. I am writing in VB6 and Visual C++ (I do OCXs in C++) I am comfortable writing socket level code to broadcast a discovery packet if that is necessary, and parse the response results, but if there is already an API for this then of course that would be better. Thanks. B...

search public folders
We have exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 and 2007. Our public folders have over 1000 documents, public contacts, etc/ Is there a way - builtin or 3rd party - to do a search so all materials - documents, contacts, etc - that match will show up? The current serach in Outlook doesnt seem to work with public folders. thanks, Raul Rego Do you mean searching across multiple public folders in one search? That's not supported by the store provider for public folders. To search like that Outlook must create a temporary search folder. PST files and Exchange mailboxes support search folder...

Help: Unread message indicator lost in ShortCut (Outlook 2000)
This used to work fine. The number of unread messages used to show up by the name of the folder in the shortcut bar; e.g., Inbox (3). For some reason it all disappeared. The folder list still shows the numbers in parentheses beside the name, but the shortcut bar doesn't. Even I delete the one in the shortcut and copy (re-copy) the folder over it won't work. I'm using XP Pro (upgraded from Home) and Outlook 2000. Help is appreciated. T. J. Fan ...

Event ID 5896 after upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0
As the subject, I upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0, and now everytime a mail passes through I get the following error in the Application Event: Source: CrmExchangeQueueServ Event ID: 5896 Description: An HTTP Status of '404 - Not Found' occurred while attempting to deliver a message. Please check the URL in the registry. Message subject: 'subject of mail' URL: 'http://servername/MSCRMServices/CrmEmail.srf' Checked the location above, and sure enough - there is no CrmEmail.srf file, so it throws a 404 error.. great, only - why is this file missing?!! I presume it didn&#...

Help with Live SkyDrive
Sorry if this is't the apropiate group, but I haven't found a propoer group for my cuestion .... Anyone can help me ? I send a link to the album but I mark It's not required under the Windows login ID to view the album. If the person you send the link visit the page with Internet Explorer goes correctly, but if you use another browser asks for the Windows ID. Thanks !! If the recipient of the invite is not using IE, iirc, you will have to set the folder permission to 'Everyone or place it in the Public folder(which is preset to Everyone) -- ...winston ms-...

"unread mail" folder
I recently lost the folder called "unread mail". This folder was always in the "favorite folder" pane in the upper left corner. I tried dragging "unread mail", from "Search Folders", but it does not collect my unread mail in one folder. I have many personal folders with corresponding rules to deposit new mail in the folder I have designated. But, now I have to go from each highlighted folder to read all of my new mail. How do I restore the "unread mail" folder. The "unread mail" from "Search Folders" does not collect ...