help!! smtp protocol error occurred

exchange 2000 srv/windows 2k srv
smtp protocol error occurred when trying to send mails.
receives fine.

0
Roc14791 (5)

Still waiting for some relavent information so we can
help you solve your problem.

I had that problem, I telneted into the servers that the error occurred and
found I was on a blacklist. Had to sumit to an open relay test, and bam, no
more problems.
0
Matt1817 (383)

please help!!! Unable to delete emails
NAVCE deleted the edb.log file from my \exchsrvr directory. We were able to do a hard restore to get it back up but we have several emails in users inboxes that cannot be opened. When you double-click the email you get a 'can't open this item' error. It appears something did not synch properly during the restore but my email is now up and running. I personally have a couple dozen emails in my inbox from 9am - 2pm yesterday that I cannot open and get that message. How can I permanently delete those emails??? Getting them back would be nice but I don't want to ri...

Macro to help update data from protected files
I need help in creating a macro. I have a master file X1 and it connects to 55 other files all password protected. When i open the Master file , it asks the protected fiel to be open to update the data, otherwise it gives error. Can someone help me create a macro which will update the data witout opening the protected fiels one by one. Thanks I don't think you'll find a macro that can do this. But what you could do is create a new workbook that opens each of those 55 other files (supplying the password) and then opens your real workbook. hamad.fatima@gmail.com wrote: > > I ...

What does this error message mean?
Hello, I gave my old computer to some novice friends, with Outlook Express on it. When trying to send/receive from Outlook Express I get the following dialog: WNetGetUser Returned and Outlook Express can't connect to the ISP. However, by using the Internet icon first and being already connected, Outlook Express sends and receives messages OK. I have checked the account settings I entered but I'm stuck as to why Outlook Express can't actually connect to the ISP itself. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Ex...

Help #30
Hi, I have a row of data that I need to find a minimum value and a maximum value. That's done. Now, I have to delete both the minimum and maximum values from the row. Can you tell me how to easily do this? I have a larg :confused: e worksheet with many rows, so Edit+Find really won't help. -- only1joal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ only1joal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24589 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=381823 Assume data is in Sheet1, in row1 down ...

Adding SMTP addresses to multiple users
Is there a way to add a new smtp address to a group of existing users (2000+) in an Exchange Organization / Active Directory Domain? Thanks. Why not create a Recipient Policy? Alternatively, check out admodify.net. http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "bj" <bj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE17E582-AA51-4FE1-859E-89CD6668770C@microsoft.com... > Is there a...

No Disk in Drive Error
I am using Money 2000, v.8, with Windows XP. For no reason when I try to access the program there is an MSMONEY.EXE message asking to insert a disk in drive D. By clicking the retry or continue button you can get into the program, but keep getting the message when switching from one function to another. I tried to reinstall, but when I insert the disk it just carries me into the program. Any help would be appreciated. Dick Bell You could try copying the CD to your Hard Disk. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh...

error msg to run inbox repair tool
Pointing to ext of .pst file and there are no .pst files in the system. Pointers seem to be off, error is giving me the path is not correct, do I reload Outlook? I cannot determine where the system is looking for the files, nor can I find where I modify the search path. I am currently running Outlook Express w/no problem. Problem seemed to have come up when downloading upgrades. My current ISP says it is Microsoft problem, any suggestions? ...

Error Message #21
Moneyplus 2007 Windows XP IE 7 This is the error message I get when I open money. "Money has detected that you did not close the file 'MSMONEY' before exiting." "Money now needs to verify the information in the file." It then asks me if I want to do this now, I click yes. The next message shows "The email address or password is incorrect please try again." This is a windows live ID that works on MSN. It seems my file is locked. I tried opening on a different computer, the same messages. I tried my back-up files, the same messages. I used the file Dec...

Help with Exchange 5.5 Queue problem
Okay, first off, I inherited this Exchange server. It has been over 5 years since I last touched one of these. Client noticed that no e-mails were being sent out. I checked the IMC queues and they were packed full of email going to .tw, .fr, .de, etc. Disconnected the ethernet cable from the back of the box. Ran the much needed virus check and got rid of 225 Netsky and Beagle viruses. Reran a few times just to be on the safe side - server is clean (latest norton updates). And made sure that relaying was also turned off - just for fun. Cleaned out the queues (deleted the contents of the ...

Publisher and PDF help...
I am trying to find a solution to my delima. I have publisher on one computer and adobe acrobat on another. Is there a Publisher viewer or some work around that anybody knows of. Thanks in advance... While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Neal <Neal@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I am trying to find a solution to my delima. I have publisher on one > computer and adobe acrobat on another. Is there a Publisher viewer or > some work around that anybody knows of. Options: a) Output a PostScript file from Publisher and di...

mfc error
Microsoft is reporting an mfc error and I want to know how to delete the problem ...

Error message #54
I cannot delete anything from Outlook at all. When I try to delete I get "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." Try this link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272227 Your pst may be damaged or too large. Mor Microsoft Messaging support 3+ years, frontline TSA1 "JGH" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11a5601c3f575$4bc75800$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I cannot delete anything from Outlook at all. When I try > to delete I get "The messaging interfac...

error #16
Everytime I click on outlook 2003 to start the program I get this message and when I click yes, then it works fine. "Some Functionalbility of outlook connector has been disabled choosing yes will automaticly enable this functionalbility. It is just annoying. thanks gino which connector are you using? -- <stingraymmcm7@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1135709208.782972.146940@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Everytime I click on outlook 2003 to start the program I get this > message and when I click yes, then it works fine. > > "Some Functionalbility of out...

Service Scheduling
We have recently installed CRM in our organisation and I am slowly going through customising each each section to suit our business. I have an issue with Service Activity, whereby when you go in and click schedule it goes through and allows you to select your resource/site details, and then when you click find resource it cannot run scheduling engine. Same issue occurs if you go in and try and create a task/appointment. It appears to be something with Exchange and CRM. However email tracking works and the exchange email router works fine. Just wondering if any body else has experieced this i...

How to export tasks ? pls help
Hi, How do i export and import tasks using MS outlook? I did export of my mailbox and when i import it the task does not come? Are tasks included when you run Import/Export Wizard using MS Outlook? thanks In news:B09D3EAF-C4C7-4D45-BAC5-D1DC39DE4794@microsoft.com, Jack Dorson <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > How do i export and import tasks using MS outlook? > > I did export of my mailbox and when i import it the task does not > come? > > Are tasks included when you run Import/Export Wizard using MS Outlook? > > thanks Hi - this ...

I Keep getting error message
Hello, When using Outlook 2002 I get a box popping up on my screen every few minutes saying: "Unable to update public free/busy data. Operation failed" I recently set up a second data file and successfully created a rule to divert emails from a domain name I have to that data file and loaded a bunch of appointments into the calendar of that data file. Is this popup to do with that? Also, I think this may only happen when my Dialup internet connection is connected Thanks See my reply to your earlier post. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address...

formula help #14
I have a plethora of spreadsheets that I would like to alter by adding specific text to all cells immediately to the right of a cell with specific text. Example: For all cells that read University of Maine I would like to add a cell to its right that has the text "Black Bears Main Gym". How do I get excel to do this for me without me going through, finding all desired cells and adding the new info myself? Please help ASAP. Much appreciated! Edit/Replace HTH, Greg "CJer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:199d201c41cd1$9cf91a50$...

Outlook 2K3, 1 SMTP acct, 1 Exchange Acct
So, I would like to configure outlook on my home pc to check my personal SMTP account as well as my work Exchange account. I can set them up in tandum fine but they all get dumped to the same inbox, and what's worse it it's not leaving my work emails on the exhange server as I would like. I could setup a filter based on To: to put emails into different folders but that doesn't really work across the board (BCC:, etc.). I would have thought the default behavior would be to have two Inbox folders under the different "Mailbox" expandable navigation menus in Outlook and p...

Need Help Converting over to Outlook From Express
OK, I have been using OE for about 2-3 years now for my Email and Newsgroup reader. This past Christmas, I got a Pocket PC that came with Outlook 2002. I plan to use t to be able to keep track of my appointments and such but I would also like to use it as my new email reader. I also would like to use it for newsgroups, if that's possible. Is there a way that I can transfer all my settings, emails and newsgroup information over to Outlook or am I forced to just start from scratch? Thanks JTMcD OL has no Newsreader capability. In OL News is accessed via the OE newsreader as it is from...

Please help #13
Hi, I have a talbe including two or more same name, I want to make it from: tom 10 Mike 10 tom 20 jerry 30 to: tom 30 Mike 10 jerry 30 Please help, Thank you! Sub TidyData() Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long Dim j As Long Dim iRow Dim sFormula As String iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row j = 0 For i = 1 To iLastRow On Error Resume Next iRow = Application.Match(Cells(i, "A").Value, Columns(3), 0) If IsError(iRow) Then j = j + 1 Cells(j, "C").Value = Cells(i, "A").Value ...

SMTP recieve connector on Edge server
Hello all Testing out Exchange 2007. I have the hub and Edge server on two seperate machines. I have configured a recieve connecotor on the Edge server, so the Edge server can accept emails from the hub, i also have the default send connector that was created whith the edge subscription service. From the Edge server if i telnet to for example a yahoo.com mail server i can send mail just fine. If i send an email using OWA the emails get queued up on the hub server in the edgesync queu. If i telnet from the hub server to the edge server and try and send an email i get "failed ...

help with formula and lists
Hello first of I will explain what i need. i work for a printing company and we need something that will calculate direct costs and overheads i have created a workbook that contains the following: sheet1 contains a list of 26 stocked papers, cost per/000 and cost per sheet. sheet 2 contains labour costs for: binding, laminating, and printing. for each their is cost per hour, surplus materials, and cost per unit. Also for each of the processes their are 2-3 variations. for example for laminating it can be: gloss, matt or un-laminated. Each costing a different amount. Now this is where I...

Need Help for Desirability Calculator (moving squares with numbers around)
Hi, I'm new to this forum and don't know much about excel. I want to make desirability calculator wich is related to a game. In the game ther are structures and each structure has a desirability affect on it environment. When a few structures are placed next to each other it' too tedious work to calculate their total affect. I hope the attachment will be clear enough to show what I want to do. There are around 30 structures but as an example I have shown th desirability affect of two of them; an oracle and a garden. When yo open the file you will see these two structures and thei...

HTML TEMPLATES
I really need some help - I know how to create an HTML template to use with outlook - but I don't to use it all the time, only when sending out emails, is there a way to select to use the html template when i want to send certain emails? I can't find this info anywhere. Of course, Outlook Exp makes this really easy, you just select a template from a drop down list when creating a new message - surely there's some way to do the same thing in outlook?? "Tal" <goer2u4@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:44c6625c@news.comindico.com.au... >I really need some ...

Script help...
Hi, I need to run a script that will show me all of the forwarding addresses I have setup in my environment. For example, the script would say something like, for all users in the domain that have forwarding setup, output that list to a text file. Traditionally I use dsquery and dsget which works well but neither tools seems to support the field that is used for forwarding (on Exchange General tab, Delivery Options, Forward To)... Is there anyway for me to get a list like that? Thanks, Dan Here's a script. http://www.exchangepedia.com/blog/2005/10/list-users-with-email-forwarde...