Help! One 9175 event per minute on exchang2003 server

Hi there,

Exchange2003sp1 FE + BE servers both running on w2k3 servers.  BE server 
also act as DC.

I just realised that since this sunday found that a lot of event 9175 in 
applicatin log, all of them are the same as follows:
source: MSExchangeSA
Category: MAPI Session
Type: Error
EventID: 9175
User: N/A
Computer: EXCHANGE
Description: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: 
The attempt to log on to the MS Exchange Server computer has failed.  The 
MAPI provider failed.  MS Exchange Information Store ID No: 
8004011d-0512-00000000

In between those tons of 9175 events, there are a few single entry of event 
id 8197 as follows:
source: MSExchangeFBPublish
Category: General
Type: Error
EventID: 8197
User: N/A
Computer: EXCHANGE
Description: Error initializing session for virtual machine EXCHANGE. The 
error number is 0x8004011d. Make sure MS Exchange Store is running.

The 9175 event is logged almost 1 entry per minute.  I'm pretty sure that 
information store, system attendant, mta stacks are all running on both FE & 
BE servers, as all users can send/receive emails without problem.

Just wondering what's the cause of those 9175 event & how to fix it?
Million thanks! 


0
zacfang (36)
12/21/2004 10:26:31 AM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

2 Replies
279 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 29

Hi,

Are you BE servers in a cluster?  Also, is the BE server that is a DC also a 
GC?
-- 
Scott Schnoll
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights. Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for 
newsgroup
purposes only.


"Zac" <zacfang@hotmail.com> wrote in message 
news:uR9vOe05EHA.2788@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hi there,
>
> Exchange2003sp1 FE + BE servers both running on w2k3 servers.  BE server 
> also act as DC.
>
> I just realised that since this sunday found that a lot of event 9175 in 
> applicatin log, all of them are the same as follows:
> source: MSExchangeSA
> Category: MAPI Session
> Type: Error
> EventID: 9175
> User: N/A
> Computer: EXCHANGE
> Description: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: 
> The attempt to log on to the MS Exchange Server computer has failed.  The 
> MAPI provider failed.  MS Exchange Information Store ID No: 
> 8004011d-0512-00000000
>
> In between those tons of 9175 events, there are a few single entry of 
> event id 8197 as follows:
> source: MSExchangeFBPublish
> Category: General
> Type: Error
> EventID: 8197
> User: N/A
> Computer: EXCHANGE
> Description: Error initializing session for virtual machine EXCHANGE. The 
> error number is 0x8004011d. Make sure MS Exchange Store is running.
>
> The 9175 event is logged almost 1 entry per minute.  I'm pretty sure that 
> information store, system attendant, mta stacks are all running on both FE 
> & BE servers, as all users can send/receive emails without problem.
>
> Just wondering what's the cause of those 9175 event & how to fix it?
> Million thanks!
> 


0
scschnol (128)
12/21/2004 4:58:28 PM
Hi Scott,

Both FE & BE servers are not in clusters.
BE server is a DC also a GC.

Should you need more info, I'm available to further discuss.
Thanks in advance for your help!

"Scott Schnoll [MSFT]" <scschnol@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:O7ohJ535EHA.4004@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> Are you BE servers in a cluster?  Also, is the BE server that is a DC also 
> a GC?
> -- 
> Scott Schnoll
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights. Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for 
> newsgroup
> purposes only.
>
>
> "Zac" <zacfang@hotmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:uR9vOe05EHA.2788@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Exchange2003sp1 FE + BE servers both running on w2k3 servers.  BE server 
>> also act as DC.
>>
>> I just realised that since this sunday found that a lot of event 9175 in 
>> applicatin log, all of them are the same as follows:
>> source: MSExchangeSA
>> Category: MAPI Session
>> Type: Error
>> EventID: 9175
>> User: N/A
>> Computer: EXCHANGE
>> Description: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following 
>> error: The attempt to log on to the MS Exchange Server computer has 
>> failed.  The MAPI provider failed.  MS Exchange Information Store ID No: 
>> 8004011d-0512-00000000
>>
>> In between those tons of 9175 events, there are a few single entry of 
>> event id 8197 as follows:
>> source: MSExchangeFBPublish
>> Category: General
>> Type: Error
>> EventID: 8197
>> User: N/A
>> Computer: EXCHANGE
>> Description: Error initializing session for virtual machine EXCHANGE. The 
>> error number is 0x8004011d. Make sure MS Exchange Store is running.
>>
>> The 9175 event is logged almost 1 entry per minute.  I'm pretty sure that 
>> information store, system attendant, mta stacks are all running on both 
>> FE & BE servers, as all users can send/receive emails without problem.
>>
>> Just wondering what's the cause of those 9175 event & how to fix it?
>> Million thanks!
>>
>
> 


0
zacfang (36)
12/22/2004 12:55:38 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

help
I sent an email by mistake - is there a way to get it back via outlook's webmail client no, not really. Recall is pretty much useless, even if your version of OWA were to support it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exch...

Help with averaging
Hello, I need help with figuring out how to get a formula to average a column of numbers excluding blanks and 0's and in the same formula also having it only calculate/average data that has a certain team name in the row. This is the current formula I'm using but, the average is not close to being accurate. I'm thinking it's either calculating some blanks or 0's or it's calculating data in G5:G505 that belongs to other teams besides the "Executive Team" =AVERAGEA(IF(B5:B505="Executive Team",G5:G505)) Let me know if there's another way of doing...

Need help Rules
Hi, Need help on how to filter when a email address with 2 different names come in? For example: ABC (xxx@abc.com) XYZ (xxx@abc.com) As both users uses the same email address, how can i filter to folders? Regards. You can try checking for text in the header (that text being the name) and sort on that. "Gary Ng" <gary.ng@netplus-asia.com> wrote in message news:%23RXyQqzvFHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Need help on how to filter when a email address with 2 different names > come > in? > > For example: > > ABC (xxx@abc.com) > XY...

import from one deploment to another
Hi all, We have 2 different crm 3.0 deployments. I want to import 25000 incidents from one deployment to another one. Both deployments use the same incident forms and both have the same customer accounts created. Is there an easy way to to this. Thanks. You have comingled data there which would not fit the redeployment wizard. My hunch is to export the data to Excel files merge the files together and then do some processing on duplicate records and fields. Once you have that down, import the data back into CRM. Or import the combined data into another SQL database and use TSQL command...

MBS great plains trial version HELP
I want to learn this product and i found the site:- https://microsoft.order-4.com/Q4FinancialHealth/addrform.asp?skipto=4 I want to get a copy but its only shipping to the U.S as the address is only US. Can people from other country get it. I wan it to come to Australia.. Any ideas Patrick You need to contact a partner. I don't know where you are but you can start with eOne Solutions (www.eonesolutions.com.au). -- Charles Allen, MVP "Patrick.O.Ige" wrote: > I want to learn this product and i found the site:- > https://microsoft.order-4.com/Q4FinancialHealth/addrfor...

install ssis on windows server 2003
Hi there, I can't install SSIS service on my windows 2003 server. SSIS service won't show up in the SQL Server Configuration Manager's services list after i perform a full install from SQL Server 2005 SE installation CD on my server. During this install I've selected a choice for 'Integration Services'. I have Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2, standard x64 Edition SP2 installed on the server. I am able to run .dtsx package on the server from BIDS, but I can't run the same script from commandline using dtexec, because there is no SSIS service running. I get...

SQL Server 2008 and CRM 4.0
Quick question, Is CRM4.0 supported using SQL 2008 as the backend database? If not is there any plans to do so? Ignore this, I just found the new Implementation Guide which includes SQL Server 2008 support details. "Andy" wrote: > Quick question, > > Is CRM4.0 supported using SQL 2008 as the backend database? If not is there > any plans to do so? ...

table based i one field splitted in 2 fields
Hi everyone, I have a txt file with product EAN and label quantity to print. 3564700010822 2 3564700010983 5 3564700422687 10 I have a form to print label quantity. What i pretend is "convert" the table in a 2 fields table or query like: ProductCode |Quantity 3564700010822|2 3564700010983|5 3564700422687|10 Any help is apreciated. -- Thanks, Sorry if my english isn''t correct, but I''m from Potugal ;) Emanuel Violante Galeano On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 07:27:01 -0700, Emanuel Violante <EmanuelViolante@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Mails are send out after restart the server
Hello everyone, I have installed Exchange 2003 Enterprise, in the exisiting Exchange 2000 Ent. Organization. All went smoothly and I was able to move my mail box to new server, and I was able to log in. For test I send one message to internal user and did not received. So I rebooted the server and message went to that mail box. I tried again to send he message internal and then external. Again few hours I call both user (internal and externa) and did not received the mail. I restarted again the server and they receive. However I can receive emails from outside world and also fro...

Need some help on OTL XP
Hello, i just moved to OTL 2002 from OTL 2000 (because i can minimize o2002 to systray). well, o2002 has some annoing function i would like to disable, but i do not know how :( here they are : 1. navigation bar. how to remove it ? 2. the lines between folder items and letter preview pane - from, subject ect. and in o2002 is information line ("you replaid to thies message..", "this message has been replied..", etc). how to remove this info line and how to stop o2002 doing auto removing extra lines breaks ("extra lines breaks in this message were removed. to restore, c...

Converting doc & docx files to RTF. One file grew very big
I had to edit several Word files and then convert them to PDF for posting on a web site. The original Word files ranged in size from 100 - 500 kb. The new PDFs didn't match the original files' sizes but they were also in that range. Then I was told to make RTF format of each file. Now they range in size from 1 - 3 MB. OK fine, I know files are bigger when converted to RTF. Except one of the files, the one that was 500 KB in Word .doc format, is now 15 MB. Way too big to post on the site or email to my colleagues. Why would this file grow 30x in size when converted from d...

Events template
Hi After experimenting with Access for a few weeks, etc I am now using the Events template to create a database of events... but things are not working as I expected. Here is what I have done so far: I added fields to the Events Table (in Supporting Objects) - things like "Date of Event" "Catering Option" and a few others - text boxes/ check boxes. I used the Event Details form (in Events) to add the events we currently have booked. This filled in the Events Table - but not the Events List (in Events) which I assumed was fed from the table. I then adde...

Pivot Table Layout Help
I have a Pivot Table that has two row fields listed in the layout. So when you run or finish the Pivot Table it displays the row field horizontally across the spreadsheet. I want to take them and displa them vertically down the left side and can't remember how this is done You can't just hoover over the field and drag it over there because i then just moves the first field over to the left. I know this can b done because I have performed this a long time ago and forgot how. Please help... :eek -- mardma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mardman&#...

Help: Why cannot start money 2004 small business?
Hi, does anyone know following problem: When I start money 2004 small business, during the proess of creating a new money file, there is a problem occurs: Microsoft Money has encounted a problem and needs to close. When I choose to see detailed data, it says: Error signature: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mnyob99.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 000dc6fd I have tried reintalling the software many times, the same result I got everytime. Could anyone can help? Many Thanks! Huang He ...

pop3 server
When i open outlook 2000 i get a setup wizard and it asks for a pop3 server and an outgoing stmp server. i don't know what those are. These details are supplied by yr ISP They are required if you have an ISP email account, as opposed to a web mail account David "newell" <newellbaxter@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:060901c35e4f$1c50f1c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When i open outlook 2000 i get a setup wizard and it asks > for a pop3 server and an outgoing stmp server. i don't > know what those are. ...

Error Msg: "Server Error in /Reports Application"
New install of CRM 3.0 on 2003 Server. SQL 2005 also on same box. browsing to "http://localhost/reports" shows error message noted in subject line. Title box is "Parser Error" and the content says 'Could not load type MicrosoftReportingServices.UI.GlobalApp' I tried logging in as local admin and domain admin - same error. Using Sql Server Management Studio - logging into "Database Engine" is OK, but receive following error when logging into "Report Services": "Unable to connect to remote server (System)" "No connection could b...

help with SQL Join
I need to use the Vendor Transaction Table to identify which vendors have NOT been used in 2008 or 2009. This table has one row for every transaction. I know how to get the vendors that were active during 2008 or 2009: SELECT DISTINCT vendor FROM Vendor_Transaction_Table WHERE year in ( 2008, 2009) Is there a way to join the table to itself and identify which vendors have not had a transaction in 2008 or 2009? Or is there a better approach than a joining it to itself ? Dig Dig wrote: > I need to use the Vendor Transaction Table to identify which vendors > have NOT bee...

How do i add many emails to a distribution list at one time?
Hi - I would like to be able to do this: 1. Copy all of the emails in an emal cc or bcc list. 2. Create a new distribution list 3. Copy all of the email into the distribution list in one step. how the heck do i do that? some of the emails are not folks i would have in my contacts... Thanks See http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/create/dl.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

REPOST PLEASE HELP! Problems with images in email signatures
Our marketing dept. has requested that all employees use a html signature file that contains the company logo with a link to the website. However, lots of users are reporting that the image link shows up broken every once in a while and upon inspection I have noticed that outlook is changing the image link by adding outbind://35/ to the src attribute. The image link is an absolute URL that references a public web server so accessibility shouldn't be a problem. Anyone know a solution to this problem? Thanks Jason ...

Error on CRM, SQL Server, SQL Reporting Services configuration doc
The file: "Additional Setup Tasks When Microsoft SQL Reporting Services Is Installed on a Separate Server from Microsoft CRM 3.0 or Microsoft SQL Server" contains an error that may result in confusion. On page 2-3, Configuration 2 (Figure 3) shows CRM and Reporting Services on a single server and SQL on a different server. Configuration 3 (Figure 4) shows Reporting Services on one server and CRM installed with SQL on the other server. On Page 4, the Configuration descriptions shown in the summary table are reversed. That is, Configuration 2 shows Server 1 with Reporting Ser...

New Exchange Server with User Accounts in Child Domain
Origianlly I had an NT4 domain with Exchange 5.5. In the past few months we have created a new 2003 domain and created new accounts for our users there. These domain accounts were given permissions to the old Exchange mailboxes. The New domain has a root domain with two child domains. I have installed Exchange 2003 in the root domain. I used ADC to create a connection between the two domain servers. I can see all of the accounts using the 2003 snap-in. But, I cannot move a mailbox from the old Exchange server to the user in the child domain. The option is not displayed in the Exchange ...

Excel formula help needed!
Hello everyone, I would like to create a formula that would calculate a different levy charge dependent on the amount. The example is below and any help would be really appreciated. In circumstances where amounts owed do not exceed £100 or $100 12.5% charge will apply, 4% on the next £400 or $400, 2.5% on the next £1500 or $1500, 1% on the next £8000 or $8000 and 0.25% on any additional sum. In short different %'s will apply at different levels depending on monies mowed. I'm sure that there will be use of If/And but I'm not sure on the st...

Event Error 929
Hi all and thanks in advance for any help. I recently installed Exchange 2003. It seems she is running well except for the MS Exchange Routing Error 929 showing up in the event logs every hour. This was a fresh install on a new box, no other Exchange servers in the organization. Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks, Heather Heather, We need more information to help. Please copy out the entire event and post to the group. -- David Aschmann MCSE: Messaging, Security+ ---------------------------------------------- "Heather" <hhighsmith@desktopadv.nospam.com> wr...

Error bars, curve/line of best fit, axis help
I need help with putting the following into my chart: 1. Error bars (I have data) 2. Curve/line of best fit (one of each) 3. Making it so the axis only shows a certain amount of tick marks* * This is what I mean: My x-axis has the following data marks: 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, and I want it to just be 1, 2, 3 without altering the position of the plots on the graph. Thanks -- You're the best First and foremost, make sure you have constructed an XY chart, not a line chart. Error bars: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ErrorBars.html Trendlines: http://peltiertech.com/Word...

can excel check one column against another
Hi. I have a spreadsheet with columns such as A, B, C, D, filled with numbers. Each row across such as row 1, then row 2, then row 3, etc of numbers is totaled in column E. Countless rows, each of which is totaled per row and then ends with a grand total at bottom of column E. Next comes columns F, G, H, also filled with numbers (but different numbers), which is totaled per row in Column I. At the bottom of Column I is a grand total. Even though arrived at using different sets of numbers, -both grand totals - in columns E and I must match. Sometimes they don't match. Ouch. So here is m...