Help Needed With Exchange 2000 to 2003 SBS

Hi,
I am currently running SBS 2000 with Exchange Server 2000. I need to blow
the server away completely and clean install with SBS 2003.  My only worry
is how to get the old 2000 Exchange data into the new 2003 Exchange without
having to go round manually creating PST files on each user's Outlook.

I have dismounted the Store and backed up the EDB and STM files to a
separate machine as well as all the log files in the MDBDATA folder.

Can I then just import these files into Exchange 2003??

Any help gratefully accepted.

Apologies if I am in the wrong group.

Siv

0
dotnet1 (2)

You should post this question to the SBS Newsgroup as there are enough
differences between SBS and Exchange to be important. My only advice would
be to do an upgrade if it is possible at all. It will be a whole lot simpler
than what you are proposing.

Nue
"Siv" <dotnet@removeme.sivill.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am currently running SBS 2000 with Exchange Server 2000. I need to blow
> the server away completely and clean install with SBS 2003.  My only worry
> is how to get the old 2000 Exchange data into the new 2003 Exchange
> without having to go round manually creating PST files on each user's
> Outlook.
>
> I have dismounted the Store and backed up the EDB and STM files to a
> separate machine as well as all the log files in the MDBDATA folder.
>
> Can I then just import these files into Exchange 2003??
>
> Any help gratefully accepted.
>
> Apologies if I am in the wrong group.
>
> Siv

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/13/2006 9:30:26 PM
Nuevo,
Thanks for the advice, I have no option unfortunately, the old SBS 2000 has
developed some nasty traits that I don't want picking up by upgrading to
2003 SBS.

Thanks anyway, I'll repost in the SBS area.

Siv
"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
> You should post this question to the SBS Newsgroup as there are enough
> differences between SBS and Exchange to be important. My only advice would
> be to do an upgrade if it is possible at all. It will be a whole lot
> simpler than what you are proposing.
>
> Nue
> "Siv" <dotnet@removeme.sivill.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I am currently running SBS 2000 with Exchange Server 2000. I need to blow
>> the server away completely and clean install with SBS 2003.  My only
>> worry is how to get the old 2000 Exchange data into the new 2003 Exchange
>> without having to go round manually creating PST files on each user's
>> Outlook.
>>
>> I have dismounted the Store and backed up the EDB and STM files to a
>> separate machine as well as all the log files in the MDBDATA folder.
>>
>> Can I then just import these files into Exchange 2003??
>>
>> Any help gratefully accepted.
>>
>> Apologies if I am in the wrong group.
>>
>> Siv

0