I have a domain cotoso.com installed and configured as AD for 3 companies
interlinked together. and  + a total of 3 DC in 3 different sites that are
connected by VPN. i have exchange installed in each site connected on the
same domain contoso.Local(+ E-mail -->contoso.com) +   hosting their own
companie domain name such as x.com or y.co or z.com for each company.
I have a routing link configured + 3 administrative groups in exchange
system manger for each company.
one DC in one site that also has exchange 2000 installed on it has to be
changed because of poor performance. now i'm planning to change the server
with a new one.
that's where i need help?
i'm going to install another dc in the same site and configured the same
existing applications, migrate the data over. but for exchange part uhm???
when installing exchange it will ask me if this is an existing exchange
installation ?? yes
P.s: in dns manager i have my default contoso.local zone + 1 for my
contoso.com and one for my z.com domain for mail puposes.
(also 3 ou exist in ad for each site.)

 when installing the exchange part i would like to know thus it installed
automatically in my administrative groups for my site ?? or
if not do i have to move it my administrative group manually??
and then do a mailbox move to transfert over to the new server??
does the new exchange server replicates with the old server automatically??
so when i move mailboxes 5 at the time are they going to recieve mail too??
there is a nat directed for smtp service "z.com "is configured to go to the
old one.
for contoso.com domain it is probably coming through the parent default
exchange domain server in a different site. so for that it will be
replicated. i think???
Please help!!
0
James6891 (359)

Setup will ask you which administrative group you want to place the server
in, if you have more than one.

Mailboxes are moved using Active Directory Users and Computers.  Once the
new server is up, select the users you want to move, Right-click, choose
Exchange tasks, and then move the mailboxes.  During the move, mailboxes
will not receive mail, but any incoming messages will be queued until the
move is completed.

Servers do not replicate.  The best process I can suggest to follow here is
the Move Server method.  It will help you move all resources to the new
server before decommissioning the old one.
http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/faq_db.asp?status=questions&faqID=1001&faqname=Exchange%202000&sectionID=1024&sectionName=Exchange%202000%20Move%20Server%20Method

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"james" <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a domain cotoso.com installed and configured as AD for 3 companies
> interlinked together. and  + a total of 3 DC in 3 different sites that are
> connected by VPN. i have exchange installed in each site connected on the
> same domain contoso.Local(+ E-mail -->contoso.com) +   hosting their own
> companie domain name such as x.com or y.co or z.com for each company.
> I have a routing link configured + 3 administrative groups in exchange
> system manger for each company.
> one DC in one site that also has exchange 2000 installed on it has to be
> changed because of poor performance. now i'm planning to change the server
> with a new one.
> that's where i need help?
> i'm going to install another dc in the same site and configured the same
> existing applications, migrate the data over. but for exchange part uhm???
> when installing exchange it will ask me if this is an existing exchange
> installation ?? yes
> P.s: in dns manager i have my default contoso.local zone + 1 for my
> contoso.com and one for my z.com domain for mail puposes.
> (also 3 ou exist in ad for each site.)
>
> when installing the exchange part i would like to know thus it installed
> automatically in my administrative groups for my site ?? or
> if not do i have to move it my administrative group manually??
> and then do a mailbox move to transfert over to the new server??
> does the new exchange server replicates with the old server
> automatically??
> so when i move mailboxes 5 at the time are they going to recieve mail
> too??
> there is a nat directed for smtp service "z.com "is configured to go to
> the
> old one.
> for contoso.com domain it is probably coming through the parent default
> exchange domain server in a different site. so for that it will be
> replicated. i think???
> Please help!!

0
Ben

Crash on 'Send"

Exchange update problem

pop3 #3
My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so i cant receive or send e-mail!!! HELP!! How do i fix this problem? I've tried calling Dell and Microsoft and have waited hours on the phone and have not gotten any assistance! Who is your ISP/mail host? Seems like you might want to contact them for support. I presume you can get to the Internet just fine.... rose wrote: > My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new > Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so > i ca...

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Help with income/expenses

help with simple maths in excel

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

Addressing within Exchange 2003

M2006 installation
I don't have an internet connection and I can't get past the Passport sign-in screen upon installation. Is there a way to install without an internet connection? Thank you. -- Mark M This install is from a CD? Somewhere on that screen or the previous one, in small type, is a cancel/skip/no I really don't want to use a Passport choice. I'd be more precise, but I can't test here. "Mark M" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DBDC16A-8EA8-473D-AC7F-E16B9DCE75D6@microsoft.com... > I don't have an internet connection and I can...

Need help with Auto Filter

Exchange clusters
Hello Everyone, I am running two exchange2k3 server clusters on win2k3 servers. I am going to install service pack 2 for exchange2k3. Which cluster do I install it on first? The active cluster or the passive cluster? Thank you, Most appreciative, Do you mean you're running one cluster with two nodes? If you were to install on the active node, Exchange will shut down and the passive node will become the active node. So, it's clear that you should install first on the passive node, fail over, then install on the passive node (which was formerly the active node). -- Ed Crow...

Can anyone help ?

Help with a simple database
I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office. The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately. For example: GC Group 4/24/03 7831.1 $1,000.00 Alpha 1/20/03 7003.1 $2,000.00 Chandler 5/6/03 7050.1 $345.50 Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish is, suppose I added Tomsen 4/20/03 7873.1 $200.00 to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even worksheet, if possible) tit...

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

Looking for help on timing within a function
At the facility I work, our associates use a very basic access database to sign out individual work orders on an interval of around every 12 minutes. They have asked if it would be possible to put a timer on the front page of the database to show how long they have been working on the current work order, updating each time they sing out another order. I am not very adept at access nor is the rest of our management staff. Is it possible to add this function, so they can better keep time of their work being done? Use the Form Timer event. Here is an example of how it can be done. In this ex...