Help! Exchange 5.5 logon failure

Hi all,

We recently upgraded our NT domain to Windows Server 2003
Active Directory (Native Mode).
While in the process of upgrading our Exchange 5.5 / SP4 server
(running on NT4/SP6) to Exchange Server 2003 (Enterprise Edition,
running on Windows Server 2003), we noticed that our users
can no longer logon to the server using either:
- Outlook Web Access
- Microsoft Outlook clients (XP or 2003)
Please note that if we supply the credentials of the Exchange 5.5 Service
account during authentication (on the pop-up dialog box), the logon
process succeeds!
In addition, POP3/SMTP clients (e.g. Outlook Express) still
work fine.

We're stuck on this for over a week.
Can somebody help?
Thanks in advance!

Manos

0
zaffodb (9)

View pointer in static function Help!!!
Help please , i need to implement a static function in CView derived class that must return to CDoc derived class the active view pointer...how can i do? i tried something similar CSdicap10View* CSdicap10View::GetView() { CSdicap10View* pView = GetActiveView(); return pView; } it return error GetActiveView undeclared identifier or also CSdicap10View* CSdicap10View::GetView() { return this; } but it return static member functions don't have this pointer and also CSdicap10View* CSdicap10View::GetView() { CFrameWnd * pFrame = (CFrameWnd *)(AfxGetApp()->m_pMa...

Exchange Developer Edition
I have a copy of Exchange 2000 Sever Developer Edition that was part of Office XP Developer. Is this a full blown version ? We have tried to Install it. Actually the installation is not the problem, can not keep it running. MTA Stacks fail to run. Other services also fail to run. Clogging up the Application Log of the Event Viewer with all kinds of errors, etc... TIA, SD ...

Help! How I can create...
I need to create a toolbar (if it is) such as the workspace window in VC++ with a CTreeCtrl within... How I can proceed? Thank you! On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:03:19 +0100, Gaetano Sferra <rebusmail@iol.it> wrote: > I need to create a toolbar (if it is) such as the workspace window in > VC++ > with a CTreeCtrl within... > How I can proceed? > > Thank you! > > Hi, Check out www.codeproject.com It has all the answers and more. Paul. > Check out www.codeproject.com It has all the answers and more. Hi Paul, please be more specific... I've already se...

Help
I have a calender item that I deleted. Now whenever I open Outlook (I have Office 2003), I get a reminder that the item is past due. When I click "dismiss" I get a message: "Cannot turn off Reminder. You may be reminded again. Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid". How can I get rid of this, so I don't get reminded every time I start Outlook? Thanks for any help. Tom_0127 <tom_0127_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have a calender item that I deleted. Now whenever I open Outlook > (I have Office 2003), I get...

USB2 2.5 external backup
After very useful help from this group earlier, I am now deciding which external drive to buy. I am converting to USB 2.0 but on seeing a number of sales sites often 2.5 drive is shown as laptop and 3.5 as desktop. As I have very little backup 40 GB would give me ample space. I have a desktop unit but would prefer a 2.5 would this be compatible with desktop setup. Regards Roger ========================================= ============================== Roger wrote: > After very useful help from this group earlier, I am now deciding which > external drive to buy. I a...

Outlook 2000 client locks up when logging into an Exchange 2000 server
An outlook 2000 client locks up when trying to logon to an Exchange 2000 server.Apparently the user was using outlook when the server was rebooted. Once the Exchange server came back up, the outlook client would hang upon trying to connect to the exchange server. Is there a file which resides on the client with cached information about the clients exchange account? If so where is it located? Typically Outlook would usually just timeout, will Outlook start if using safe mode, can you open another user Outlook profile on this computer or open this problematic profile on another computer. ...

Programaticly / Automaticly save email attchments in exchange
I am looking for a soultion on how to automaticly save (detach) email attachments sent to a specific email address(mail box). The action would talke place on the exchange server when the mail arrives and would be put into a specific directory Can this be done with a script? Can this be done with VBA? If so, may I have a code sample. I apreacete you help. Regards, Peter ...

Message: Money Not properly installed, recs not working, help!
Just got this message yesterday when I opened MOney 2004 STandard version (never happened before) "money is not properly installed. plese set up again" I uninstalled and reinstalled money but still getting same error messages I tried the options of opening a existing Money file, will not open my existing data file I tried create a new file but it give me error message that it can't save I tried repairing "my money" file but ti will not let me repair, it gave me this message about possibly being a read only file it will not let me restore any back up file Help! I...

amortization Please help :(
I need to produce a loan amortization with the ability to input actual historic payments made or missed (need to add a late fee to missed or late payments) and I also need to vary the interest rate part way through the schedule. I have searched office templates and the only thing that comes close is a template which allows for extra payments (but they have to be same amount and date each month). I am a bit hopeless on the old excel as I have no idea what formulas I would need to even produce such a template. PLEASE HELP!! Can somebody direct me to a site that may offer free software...

I Want to help reduce SPAM!!!
I have a big problem with spam as I get email from what appears to be Microsoft or Microsoft Product suppliers. The email seemed legitimate. At the bottom of the email was an unsubscribe link which I chose to do and now I am receiving that very same email only it looks like I sent it to my self. Is there any way that I can help in stopping this sort of thing from happening? Is there any recourse? In my email address just take out the z's and you will have the right email address. Did you have an antivirus program installed, running, and up-to-date when you clicked the link? If no...

Exchange 2000 outlook 2000 folder permissions (Urgent)
We have just noticed that one of our directors calendars can be seen by all staff. We set permissions at the calendar level in outlook for people to be reviewers. We granted full mailbox access via exchange 2000 only to his secretary. Which permission on the mailbox might cause this to happen we need to turn it off immediately so that only his secretary can see the mailbox calendar -- Kath "We set permissions at the calendar level in outlook for people to be reviewers." This means they can review the calendar content. There was a bug allowing people to even see private c...

help 09-20-07
I want to design a cascasding combo box. ive tried to design before, but met much difficulty. The design would allow one to choice a main category-->than a sub category--- > than an Abbreviation---> than a material matching that abbreviation. i have already made five different queries (materials based on the four main categories) and another with the materials linked to the abbreviation. from previous post, i am aware of needed to make more than one combo box. however, somehow all my queries are not linking to a final choice. any help is appreciated thanks la -- Message pos...

Need help
My company ask me to look for a freelance person who can translate CAD Files to VISIO file...please respond Go to controldrawings.com. I will try to assit you. "Jayne_from_Santa_Monica" wrote: > My company ask me to look for a freelance person who can translate CAD > Files to VISIO file...please respond > > ...

Help authoring tool
Hi I know it is a bit ‘off topic’ but I couldn't find a board where it would be ‘on topic’ so here I am: Can anyone recommend a help authoring tool? We currently write in C++ using visual studio 2003 and MFC. This is for commercial use so cost is not so much a concern as ease of use and functionality. Thanks in Advance Peter Chapman Hi Peter, A help authoring tool. If by this, you mean a piece of software that will trundle through your source code and produce a help file at the end of the process? Well we use Autoduck. But there are others, I believe Doxygen is another very ...

Print Question Newbie Please help
I am creating a spreadsheet that I need to print on 11x17 paper. My printer does not support 11x17 but I can send it to someone that does. How can I format my spreadsheet to use 11x17 so I can see all the cells etc. My guess is I need to install a print driver that supports 11x17 am I on the right track? If so can anyone suggest what I can use? Thanks Tom -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 0 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails...

Backing up Exchange 2003
Hi all, I am backing up an Exchange 2003 server on Windows 2003. I am trying t backup up the system state should I do this through my Veritas 9. software or should I do it through the NT backup with Windows 2003. My problem with the Veritas software is that it wants to use Volum Shadow Copy which I want to switch off. Any advise would be greatly appreciate - fe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com...

Pivot Table Query #5
Hello I use Pivot Tables a lot in my stats and although I can normally work with them quite well, theres a reoccuring issue that I can't seem to resolve. I have one particular workbook that has lots of different worksheets and one at the end, with a variety of pivot tables on it. At the end of each month, I update the data on the worksheets, then on each pivot table, I use the wizard option to attempt to go back and re-select the relevant updated data. Sometimes this is successful, but on other (random) occasions, it won't let me and gives me the message 'A PivotTable...

Conditional Formating Help
I would love your help with a conditional formatting goal. I would like to color a cell if it is part of a formula in another cell. Below is an example: A B C 1 12 13 =B1/A1 I then want A1 and B1 colored blue 2 12 13 =B1 I then want A1 and B1 colored blue 3 ...

Help!!!
Hi all, I want to put zeros before a number (000009999) but when I click ente the zeros disappears. I changed the format to text then align right i is ok. But it is not a number yet. Cause of this I can't use thi method. Is there anyone who can tell me how I can solve this problem. Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi use the custom format 000000000 >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >I want to put zeros before a number (000009999) but when I click enter >the zeros disappears. I changed the format to text then align right it >...

help with formula #24
$40.50 when S is $795.00 I need help figuring this formula out where am I going wrong? I keep getting the wrong figures. This is the formula: =IF(S118<=25, 0.0525*s118) + IF(AND(s118 >25, S118<=1000), 1.3125 + 0.0275*(S118 -25)) + IF(S118>1000, 28.125 + 0.015*(S118-1000)) Up to $25 will be charged 5.25% , 5.25% of the initial $25.00 ($1.31), plus 2.75% of the remaining closing value balance for $25.01 up to $1000, over $1000.01 5.25% of the initial $25.00 ($1.31), plus 2.75% of the initial $25.00 - $1,000.00 ($26.81), plus 1.50% of the remaining closing value balance (...

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar) Processor: Power PC Hi, I have tried 3 times (unsuccessfully) to load a new copy of MS Office 2008 for MAC - Product ID 92715-501-8109773-12081 onto my daughter's MAC OS 10 It has removed the previous version of Office, I had all other applications shut down (including Messenger) jsut in case - and loaded well all the way through to the next to last step - when it went to check for Auto Updates - it cam back to mactopia website and stopped!! IS there a way to load in a custom manner that coudl 'bypass' that step - or do I need...

Monitoring and Status-Notifications SMTP error. Exchange 2000
Hi, I've configured in Exchange 2000 - SP3: Monitoring and Status - Notifications. I'm using an internal and external SMTP address to send the notifications to. The notifications send to the internal address are working but the notifications send to the external address never arrive. I see this message in the wbemess.log : (Mon May 17 15:30:21 2004) : Consumer provider SMTPEventConsumer does not support IWbemUnboundObjectSink: error code 80004002 (Mon May 17 15:30:41 2004) : Unloading event consumer sink SMTPEventConsumer.ExchangeConsumerSERVER_GEEmail-{4FDAA8F7-8AD1-48A...

Is there a way in Exchange 2000 to export a list of all the mailboxes over a certain size?
Is there a way in Exchange 2000 to export a list of all the mailboxes over a certain size? At the moment I am just going in Exchange System Manager and then trawling through all the storage groups to check the numbers. It is kind of laborious to check the size of mailboxes and the number of messages one at a time, so was wondering if there is a way to do this automatically within Exchange, or do I need to use third party tools? Thanks, QH This is possible if you have Crystal. There is a 3rd party, will have a poke around now Yes it is possible to get a list of mailboxes over a certain s...

help with page breaks
I have adapted a spreadsheet and I want to `freeze` the top 5 rows with the heading on it, when I do this it actually freezes the top 20 rows, and I notice there is a black line to the right of this (at the 20 row mark) as if it is maybe a page break or something similar has previousy been put in.. Anyhow how do I delete all page breaks and/or freeze panes so I can insert the one I want. thanks Its ok now got it sorted. "S" <virgin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:he_dk.66042$7v1.9152@newsfe30.ams2... >I have adapted a spreadsheet and I want to `freeze` ...

Query Help. 11-30-09
--SQL 2005. I need to return CompanyName only once and all the FullName associates with it. Below is the Business rule. Thank you so much in advance. IF OBJECT_ID('Tempdb.dbo.#Test', 'u') IS NOT NULL DROP TABLE #Test GO CREATE TABLE #Test ( CompId INT NULL, CompanyName VARCHAR(30) NULL, FullName VARCHAR(30) NULL ) GO INSERT INTO #Test VALUES(10, 'Sears', 'John Smith') INSERT INTO #Test VALUES(10, 'Sears', 'Lisa Smith') INSERT INTO #Test VALUES(11, 'Target', 'Peter Smith'...