Help ... Event ID: 2061

Hi all:

I have been getting the following error on the controlling node of the
Exchange server 2003 SP1:

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeDSAccess
Event Category:	LDAP
Event ID:	2061
Date:		10/15/2004
Time:		9:09:48 AM
User:		N/A
Computer:	EXCHANGE
Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=5800). An LDAP search call failed - Server=DC1
Error code=8004090a. Base DN=<GUID=9004C957-AEF4-4E64-BF0A-33939CCA020D>,
Filter=(objectclass=*), Scope=0.

I looked up this information and found that it could be one of two things
with that error code: They say that if the DS is looking to a domain
controller in a child domain, that DC returns a referral, and DSAccess
doesn't accept referrals"

Well, that's not the case.

The other explanation: As per Q329166, this issue occurs because the
Directory Services tab in Exchange System Manager lists only the domain
controller and the configuration domain controllers that are in the site
where you are currently located. Domain controllers and configuration
domain controllers that are in other sites are not included in the search
filter

What does that mean??  It's been occuring once every six minutes or so.
Help please ...

> Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=5800). An LDAP search call failed -
> Server=DC1 Error code=8004090a. Base
> DN=<GUID=9004C957-AEF4-4E64-BF0A-33939CCA020D>,
> Filter=(objectclass=*), Scope=0.
>
> I looked up this information and found that it could be one of two
> things with that error code: They say that if the DS is looking to
> a domain controller in a child domain, that DC returns a referral,
> and DSAccess doesn't accept referrals"
>
> Well, that's not the case.
>
> The other explanation: As per Q329166, this issue occurs because
> the Directory Services tab in Exchange System Manager lists only
> the domain controller and the configuration domain controllers
> that are in the site where you are currently located. Domain
> controllers and configuration domain controllers that are in other
> sites are not included in the search filter
>
> What does that mean??  It's been occuring once every six minutes
> or so.  Help please ...

Does no one have any ideas about this issue?  I'd appreciate any help
you can give me.

Regards,

FW
0
ifconfig (5)
10/16/2004 11:12:45 PM
Have you checked eventid?
http://www.eventid.net

They list 3 KB articles, one mentioning mobile users; perhaps one of these
will help:
Q309175    Q329166 Q313956

"F. Woodbridge" <ifconfig@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> [...]

0
candee (5)
10/18/2004 1:30:34 PM
"Candee" <candee@nospam.com> wrote in

> Have you checked eventid?
> http://www.eventid.net
>
> They list 3 KB articles, one mentioning mobile users; perhaps one of
> these will help:
> Q309175    Q329166 Q313956

Yup; in fact, that's what I'm quoting in my original post.

Cheers,

FW
Have you considered applying SP2?

"Fred Woodbridge" <fwoodbridge@adm.idaho.gov> wrote in message
> "Candee" <candee@nospam.com> wrote in
>
>> Have you checked eventid?
>> http://www.eventid.net
>>
>> They list 3 KB articles, one mentioning mobile users; perhaps one of
>> these will help:
>> Q309175    Q329166 Q313956
>
> Yup; in fact, that's what I'm quoting in my original post.
>
> Cheers,
>
> FW

0
candeev (105)
10/18/2004 8:21:25 PM
"Candee" <candeev@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in

> Have you considered applying SP2?

SP2??

--
Frederic Woodbridge
0

> "Candee" <candeev@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in
>
>> Have you considered applying SP2?
>>

> SP2??
>

> --
> Frederic Woodbridge

0
candeev (105)
10/19/2004 1:28:40 PM
Check out this one:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;250570

"F. Woodbridge" <ifconfig@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> "Candee" <candeev@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in
>
>> Have you considered applying SP2?
>>

> SP2??
>

> --
> Frederic Woodbridge

0
candeev (105)
10/19/2004 1:31:56 PM
Apparently, no information on this event exists. Amazing... :-)

Help with Security database
I have a client who has an Access 2000 database that they have lost the security database for. They have now updated to SQL Server but they need to open up this database. Is there any way possible to do this? Bill There are some crackers who claim to be able to open secure databases. Try googling on "MS-Access password" -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "news.microsoft.com" <billgower@charter.net> wrote in message news:uaBqVyWmHHA.4240@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a client who has an...

Ex Admin, try open PF, get ID no: c1010aae
Hi, I have a problem with some Public Folders. When i try opening some of them i get the error: The object can not be found in the directory. This may be becuse replication have not completed. ID no: c1010aae. Dont find much in knowledge base.. It is: w2ksp4, ex55sp4 Anyone recognise this? Thanx, Ola Have some information that may be related. -------------- Do you get the error message when you use the Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator program to get public folder properties? If so you may also get event 2037 Cause: The file version for the proxy address generator does not...

Please Help!
Is there a template for creating magazines? Roia <Roia@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Is there a template for creating magazines? Nope. You'll have to design your own. Or hire someone to design one for you. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Where could I go to look for designs (i.e. if I wanted to look up front cover page designs for a magazine look?) "Ed Bennett" wrote: > Roia <Roia@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > > Is there a template for creating magazines? > > N...

Application Log Report Id: 96a6ab4b-710d-11df-a896-0023aee6baaf
Getting this in my Application error log. Haven't found anything at microsoft.com which discusses the problem. Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 6/5/2010 8:48:23 PM Event ID: 1000 Task Category: (100) Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: hurst Description: Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc69e Faulting module name: mshtml.dll, version: 8.0.7600.16535, time stamp: 0x4b83889f Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x001bc615 Faul...

Help Reqd
Hey Friends I wish to create a form on which i wish to place 2 banners and some other controls. I am planning to use CFormView but how can I place Internet Explorer View window on the form and control it's page I know of CHtmlView.Is this the only alternative and i fear if i can place 2 Views and some controls on a form view. Plz help http://msdn.microsoft.com/isapi/gomscom.asp?TARGET=/msj/0100/c/c0100.aspx Has sample and explanation for how to make a control version of the CHTMLView that can use as a control in a dialog box. "vikrant" <vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com> wro...

Totally confused now Help please
I have been having problems with Outlook 2003 not saving passwords so I created 3 different profiles each with one e mail account in each. Tim 1 = Personal Tim 2 = Business Tim 3 = webmaster I set my archive to autoarchive after a set period of time and everything seems to work fine however I now have about 10 personal folders and archive folders in outlook folder. I want to be able to backup each account using the outlook backup tool and save all folders to my external HD, but I am losing the plot a bit. Can anyone explain (in simple terms please) how I can acheive this. Please just ...

Help converting a 10 digit number 2223334444 to 222-333-4444
In MS Excel (2007) I have a very long column with 10 digit numbers that need to be changed to a telephone number with dashes. Can anyone help? Use a custom number format of 000-000-0000 -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "hmsteiner" <hmsteiner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9B365F3-896D-41C8-8C2C-105C856174F0@microsoft.com... > In MS Excel (2007) I have a very long column with 10 digit numbers that > need > to be changed to a telephone number with dashes. Can anyone help? "hmsteiner" wrote: Subject: Help converting a...

Help with Delivery/Resolution problem
I will make my problem description brief for the moment as I am currently troubleshooting the issue. I have Two Exchange Servers: Adams, and Troosevelt My accounts on Troosevelt have a recipient policy that includes the following @domain: @test.company.com I have a third party hosting company that actually manages the mx records and aliases for test.company.com When anyone on troosevelt sends an email to anyone@test.company.com the following results happen: If an account resides on troosevelt, the email seems to be delivered if an account that has the @test.company.com ending, but ...

formatting a spreadsheet help
I have a few different dilemas going on here. First: Can a conditional format be set up in Vista or Windows 7 both 64 bit, and saved in 97-2003 excel saving the conditional formats? Second: I have a spreadsheet column A is my received date, Column B is Stock #, Column C is Serial #, Column G is my finished date. What I need to be able to do: When I enter information into Column C (Serial #), I need some type of notification if that same number has been entered within a six month time period from my Column G (Finished date). 1. Yes. However, there are some formats which only Ex...

Seeking help for total worksheet protection
The code below cycles through every worksheet and protects it. It then sets the active worksheet back to the first worksheet. For Each WkSht In m_DocExcel.Worksheets WkSht.Protect "mypassword", True, True, True, True WkSht.Activate m_AppExcel.ActiveWindow.DisplayGridlines = False m_AppExcel.ActiveWindow.DisplayHeadings = False Next WkSht m_DocExcel.Worksheets(1).Activate Is it possible to set protection on the entire workbook in one atomic operation, or do I need to set the protection for each sheet separately, as I am doing? And is th...

Need to unhide 2 columns that I joined together
I pressed alt and joined columns B & C - now I can't unhide them both -help - I am working under a big time contraint. "Divertada" <Divertada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:233CED6E-23D3-43BD-8FBA-A3DDCA4D2355@microsoft.com... > I pressed alt and joined columns B & C - now I can't unhide them both -help - > I am working under a big time contraint. I'm not sure what you mean by "joined together" but, to normally to unhide columns you would select cells spanning the hidden column (in this case eg A1 to D1) then go Format>...

On Exit Event firing on Close Button
We have a form in which we wish to validate the data in each field as the use exits the field. For example we have a part number field which can’t be null or blank so we have the following code in the exit event for that field. Private Sub PartNumberTxt_Exit(Cancel As Integer) If IsNull(Me.PartNumberTxt) Or Me.PartNumberTxt = "" Then Cancel = True strMsg = strMsg & vbCrLf & "Please enter a Wheel Number. " MsgBox strMsg, vbExclamation, "ATTENTION" End If End Sub However this event fires when the user...

Need help setting security for a service to access a shared folder
Hello, I'm lost in the details of setting up permissions and I'm probably searching for the wrong thing. I know a bit about DACLs and using them to set the permissions on an object so that other processes can have access to them. I'll first describe what I want to do, since I there may be a problem with what I'm doing in the first place. I have a couple shared folders that I'd like to monitor (and later manipulate) that are located on other machines. The other machines are located in their own domain, different than my normal login. I'd like to reuse some of my cu...

Event ID: 5719
We recently upgraded our DCs from Win2003 to Win2008 R2. After the upgrade, I started seeing the below errors on our windows server running 2003 SP2. There is a firewall between the DCs and this server but it was working fine before the upgrade. Are there additional ports that need to be opened for Netlogon to function correctly in Win2008 R2? Event Type: Error Event Source: Userenv Event Category: None Event ID: 1053 Date: 2/3/2010 Time: 10:18:15 PM User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: SERVER1 Description: Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (There are...

Help with an update
Somebody can tell me why i cant installe update Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297) I tried to installe update many times but dont work . What i can do...can help me? Thank you. Copied announcement from MowGreen To: *All Windows Users* who encounter installation issues when installing Security updates for .NET Frameworks Every time there's a Security update for .NET Frameworks there is an inordinate amount of posts dealing...

HELP #44
C�MO PUEDO CONFIGURAR MI OUTLOOK EN MI PC? Sorry I do not speack Spanish but here is a Microsoft article on how to do this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287532 KB article 287532 is the key to get it in Spanish. Notice the "en-us" in the URL, you may be able to change that to display in Spanish. "GUADALUPE DÍAZ" wrote: > CÓMO PUEDO CONFIGURAR MI OUTLOOK EN MI PC? > > > ...

Excel formula help (Need to do a rank based on 2 criteria)
I need to be able to return a rank of something based on 2 criteria. An example of this is below. I need to get the rank of Mike within his team. In this case, Joe is on Team 1 and has the lowest score among the group, so his rank is 5. John is rank 3 (3rd on Team 2). Can anyone please help me write this formula. Thanks! A B C 1 Name Team # Score 2 Joe Team 1 1 3 John Team 2 9 4 Jack Team 1 3 5 Bill Team 2 16 6 Tom Team 1 7 7 Sarah Team 2 4 8 Mike Team 1 20 9 Maria Team 2 5 10 Laura Team 1 14 11 Bob Team 2 12 Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--($B$2:$B$11=B2),--(C2<C$2:C$11))+1 Copy down as n...

help on running balance
i have two columns on a query,..receipts and disbursements,,both in currency type..is there any expression that i can use to compute for the running balances for every entry on either fields like say: Rcpt....Dis....RunningBal 1000....0.......1000 ..0...(500)......500 thank u... -- ai® Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200704/1 the table is tblTransDetail with field names: IndexNum, Date, PayeeID, SpecificAcct, RcptAmnt, DisAmnt... i want to create a query that would compute the running balance for each Payee... th...

help #6
I have been sent a quiz sheet published in Excel, its a few pictures of films with the faces missing, and you have to guess the film titles. It's been driving me mad, i have been at it for days. The sheet itself has password protection, is there a way around this , please help me save my sanity, i need to cheat. TIA If I recall, the answers are in column S. So in T1, put =S1 and drag down. If you look at the formula that gives you the right/wrong response, you can see the address of the cell that contains the answer. Ron Bird wrote: > > I have been sent a quiz sheet publish...

help with sheets
hi,,first off fairly new to this so be gently i need a sheet for each day of the month,and at the moment i am having to make say 31 sheets for october and then renaming sheet 1 to 01.10.05,,sheet 2 to 02.10.05 etc. is there an easier way or am i stuck. tia jkf You could use a macro to do this. The following would work for the month of October. And with some modification, it could be adapted to other months as well. Though this may not be the best way to code this, it gets the job done. Also, keep in mind that this macro is based of a 31day month. If used for a month with fewer d...

help me keep 3 users from seeing each others mail?
how can i setup outlook 2003 so each user on my machine has separate abilities to use outlook 2003 without seeing each others mail? all are on xp home. Set up individual user accounts requiring log in with passwords. Start> Help & Support then search on "user accounts" and read the results that are returned. "joe schmoe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0dc001c50c51$24aa44f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how can i setup outlook 2003 so each user on my machine > has separate abilities to use outlook 2003 without seeing > each oth...

dynamic range? help!
tab1 salesperson 1/31/2007 2/28/2007 3/31/2007 XYZ ? ? ? tab2 salesperson date cont value XYZ 1/15/2007 500 XYZ 1/31/2007 1000 XYZ 1/10/2007 850 trying to setup a sumproduct to return XYZ total contract value for January (that obviously spans over multiple dates). can you assist me w/ a formula solution to this problem? thanks!! Kyle try this idea =sumproduct((month(b2:b22)=1)*(a2:a22="xyz")*c2:c22) -- ...

Excel VBA help
I am needing some help with this vba code. What I am trying to do is first verify if cell A4 is not empty, if it is not empty then I need it to make sure there is data in the other columns before anyone can save. This is what I got so far but it is saving and not bring the popup message that data is missing. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUi As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) If IsEmpty(A4) = False Then 'make sure that A4 is not empty prior to running the below if If Worksheets("User's Sheet").Range("B4").Value = "" Then ...

SQL select help
SELECT * FROM [TerritoryCoverage_finnleo] UNION SELECT * FROM [TerritoryCoverage_helo]; I want to also add a column that will be BRAND: "BrandName". How would I add this doing a SQL statement. Thanks -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Thank you KARL DEWEY wrote: >SELECT *, "BrandName" AS BRAND >FROM [TerritoryCoverage_finnleo] > >UNION SELECT *, "BrandName" AS BRAND >FROM [TerritoryCoverage_helo]; > >> SELECT * &...

Is there a 'RecordChanged' event in workflow manager?
I'm not finding it if there is. I need to have CRM send Account and Incident info to BizTalk whenever the record changes, and someone suggested I write a workflow rule that posts account info to a URL to accomplish this. However, all I can find is a Status Change event that is not very useful for this. If anyone has a better idea, please don't be shy and let me know :) Also, after I save and activate the rule, it doesn't show up in the workflow monitor. thanks, Daniel. You can create a post callout for post-update. BK "Daniel Rimmelzwaan" <rimmelzwaan@xhotmail.c...