having problems sending mail from server to aol

how do i find out if im on the AOL black list.  ive search all the open
relay and black list site and im not on them.  but can not find out how to
check AOL  please help

0
jgrace (38)

James wrote:
> how do i find out if im on the AOL black list.  ive search all the open
> relay and black list site and im not on them.  but can not find out how to
> check AOL  please help

You can telnet to port 25, on one of the following servers:

mailin-02.mx.aol.com
mailin-03.mx.aol.com
mailin-04.mx.aol.com
mailin-01.mx.aol.com

If you can connect, try and manually submit an SMTP Message.
If after the process your message will either be accepted or rejected.

If it is rejected it will state WHY.  If it is accepted however it will
say aceppted (emailid@emailserver)

HTH
Tony
0
tony
9/14/2004 9:40:41 PM
James wrote:
> how do i find out if im on the AOL black list.  ive search all the open
> relay and black list site and im not on them.  but can not find out how to
> check AOL  please help

You can telnet to port 25, on one of the following servers:

mailin-02.mx.aol.com
mailin-03.mx.aol.com
mailin-04.mx.aol.com
mailin-01.mx.aol.com

If you can connect, try and manually submit an SMTP Message.
If after the process your message will either be accepted or rejected.

If it is rejected it will state WHY.  If it is accepted however it will
say aceppted (emailid@emailserver)

HTH
Tony

0
tony
9/14/2004 9:41:34 PM
Morons at AOL.com

If they get to many complaints from their members about your domain they
will blacklist you; of course with all the recent viruses which spoof the
senders address their users are actually reporting emails that didn't come
from your domain. Now the burden is on you to prove that your domain wasn't
responsible.

Is emailing an AOL user really worth this effort?

"James" <jgrace@digitelusa.net> wrote in message
> how do i find out if im on the AOL black list.  ive search all the open
> relay and black list site and im not on them.  but can not find out how to
> check AOL  please help

0
brendon1 (8)
9/15/2004 12:42:53 AM
Sometimes it's not an option. The board of directors for the Hospice I
support has a few AOL users and we *have* to get e-mails to them.

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"Brendon" <brendon@nospam-itology.net> wrote in message

> Is emailing an AOL user really worth this effort?

0
rasilon1 (689)
9/15/2004 10:02:14 AM
The most common reason for AOL blocking you is that your IP address is
"dynamic". They will only accept e-mail from static IP locations. This is to
stop SPAM mailers. Another reason would be that your e-mail address doesn't
resolve correctly when they do a "reverse DNS".

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"James" <jgrace@digitelusa.net> wrote in message
> how do i find out if im on the AOL black list.  ive search all the open
> relay and black list site and im not on them.  but can not find out how to
> check AOL  please help

0
rasilon1 (689)

Net send
Hello, I have designed a userform in excel that allow's a user to send messages via Windows "net send" facility. I would like to expand on this concept and allow users who have access to the tool to be able to communicate via the userform - a homemade messenger so to speak. I'm guessing this is extremely difficult, if not impossible to do but thought it was worth investigating, is it possible for excel to capture a "net send" message received on the PC it's loaded on, and then display it in a userform? If it's possible how would I do it? Thanks ...

Reporting from Project Server

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Excel button problem

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

WCF Client serialization problem