Has Exchange 5.5 been approved to run on Windows 2000 SP4?

I need to get it in writing and I have not been able to find it anywhere.
0
anonymous (74722)

I cant say one way or another if there is any "certification" for it, but I
can say that I use it and it works fine.

--
Martin Blackstone
MVP - Exchange

http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm
"aegonjv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to get it in writing and I have not been able to find it anywhere.

0
martinb (199)
4/27/2004 5:29:47 PM
Works for me fine..

"aegonjv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to get it in writing and I have not been able to find it anywhere.

0
bb4 (46)
4/27/2004 7:36:28 PM
I am not sure what you mean by approved.  I can tell you that I am running
it without problems and that it is a supported configuration.

amyma@online.microsoft.com
Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

"aegonjv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to get it in writing and I have not been able to find it anywhere.

0
amyma (68)

Unable to add Exchange DNS name to Recipient Policy
Hi there We recently upgraded to Exchange 2003 from 2000, and I noticed that an entry in the default recipient policy - @servername.domainname - which in turn stamps each user account with a username@servername.domainname address, was missing. On trying to add the rule to the policy again, we get this error:- This domain address cannot be used for a recipient policy because it matches the name of an Exchange server. ID no: c1031340 Exchange System Manager We need the @servername.domainname address to be configured for each user as our workflow system uses this to skip our Linux serve...

how to get same sent items on multiple pc's (exchange)
Hi there! I run Outlook 2003 and use two different PCs (home and work) to access my mail which are both set up as microsoft exchange. It is a webmail account at my university. I love how it works, except that I have this one problem: When I send a mail from home, it does not appear in the sent items at work and vice versa. I have been trying to figure it out for a while now, but to no avail. I think I m missing something simple... Thanks for reading my post. Any help would be much appreciated! Pieka You have not set the default delivery location your Exchange account then ...

Windows logon help
I boot the the logon screen, with Owner and Guest User. Every now and then, when logged off and awakening from Standby, I cannot get the flashing cursor in the Owner logon box. The only remedy is to reboot. I wonder why this happens and whether there is some keystroke combination I can use to allow me to enter my logon password. JD wrote: > I boot the the logon screen, with Owner and Guest User. Every now > and then, when logged off and awakening from Standby, I cannot get > the flashing cursor in the Owner logon box. The only remedy is to > reboot. I wonder why ...

Not able to set up more than 5 accounts.
Hi Everybody, Im running Outlook 2002 on XP Pro and I've got 5 mail accounts setup and working OK. If I try to set up a 6th account the Outlook Test button gives me all the green ticks but if I try to Send/Receive all the accounts the first 5 accounts work ok but the new account doesn't, the Send and Receive details box reports that "The connection to the server was interrupted". If I delete one of the earlier accounts which are working fine the new account works OK but if I then add the deleted account (which was working fine) this account then reports back with the same ...

GAL and Exchange 2003
I am simply(?) trying to set up some external contacts for our church office so that everyone has access to them all. I have added a contact to AD (and a distribution list) but they refuse to appear in all users or the GAL. We are running SBS2003 with Exchange. I have looked for solutions on Microsoft tech net but cannot seem to find anything. Any help would be very much appreciated.. Andrew/ On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 05:02:02 -0800, AndrewOfAzotus <AndrewOfAzotus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am simply(?) trying to set up some external contacts for our church o...

2000 to 2003: Drop-down box crashes system inconsistantly
2000 version works fine. Users that run 2003 on XP crash when they use the drop-down box, which, after update opens filtered form. Solution: They copy the source FE file from the network location to local HD, then it works for a while, until it crashes again. Then they replace local file with network source. Weeks go by without a problem, on other days they have to do this 3-6 times a day. Source file remains the same. Very strange!!!!! Anyone any ideas?????? Presumably this combo is unbound. First thing to try is to force the record save before trying to do th...

Inhouse Exchange vs. ISP POP
Hey, I've been out of the Exchange loop for a couple of years, perhaps somebody can fill in my gap in knowledge. Back then I moved my company from ISP pop mail to in-house Exchange MAPI/POP/OWA. Although Exchange gave them great calendaring and contact sharing capabilities I always wondered if it was worth it for the extra admin I had to put in. Plus a major factor was the slowness of OWA coming in through the 2MB ADSL line. It seemed I always regretted it because you can't beat the simplicity and speed of ISP-hosted POP/webmail. Two years later I am a consultant I am faced with th...

Exchange 2000/2003 ASP/ISP Deployment Guide
Hi NG, where has the "Exchange 2000 ASP Deployment Guide" gone? Is there any "Exchange 2003 ASP/ISP Deployment Guide" out there? Any comments, tipps around hosting Exchange 2003 for many "virtual organizations"? Tobias Redelberger StarNET Services (HomeOffice) Schoenbornstr. 57 D-97440 Werneck Tel: +49-(0)9722-4835 Mobil: +49-(0)179-25 98 341 Email: T.Redelberger@starnet-services.net Try this link http://www.kapilaggarwal.com/pdf/Exchange%20Deployment%20Guide.doc "Tobias Redelberger" <T.Redelberger@starnet-services.net> wro...

Exchange user Administrative Group
Hello, We have 25 sites world wide. We close our office in Turkey and all user's inside this site moved to other site. The DC has been decomissioned. Now, after 3 weeks, we wanted to remove the site OU from AD. But, when I checked the user properties under Exchange Advance Tab in AD console, I found user is under the site OU that need to be remove. We would like to remove that site OU from Active Directory. Does it create problem?, when site OU deleted from AD? if yes, can we change it to the site where all the user's belongs currently? appreciate your advise and help. Yonkey...

Rollong back a Windows Update?
How do I uninstall a Windows update if I can't find it in the list of $NTUninstallKBxxxxxx files in my Windows folder? "jetjock" <jetjock@hanger.com> wrote in message news:ht8il5l5j0gq21mdeod5bf4p6uqpoftjcf@4ax.com... > How do I uninstall a Windows update if I can't find it in the list of > $NTUninstallKBxxxxxx files in my Windows folder? Remove it via Add/remove Programs in the Control Panel. Make sure the Show Updates box is checked at the top of the page. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA Bruce Ha...

Install Folders for Windows Service
I have created a service and cannot figure out where the program is figuring out what to use for a company name or product name. I have a solution called UPS and a windows services called UPS.Service. My deployment project is called UPS.Deployment. When I build the msi and setup for the program it wants to put the folders in: c:\Program Files\Default Company\UPS.Deployment I want the intall program to put the default folder as: C:\Program Files\My Company\UPS I can't figure out how to make that work. In the primary output of the UPS.Deployment for the properties...

what is short cut key for running the macros
please prvide the answers intime Which macros? If you're talking about custom macros in a workbook, (Excel 2003) use Tools Macros to bring up the list of macros and select one and use the [Options...] button to assign a short-cut key sequence to it. Do much the same from the [Developer] tab in XL 2007. "srinivas" wrote: > please prvide the answers intime ...

Exchange Stores
Hi We are running Exchange 2000 + sp3. (Build 6249.4) We have 4 mail stores + public folder store. The stores vary in size up to about 96gb, and are located on their own san drive. The transaction log files are also on their own san drive (65.9Gb drive with currently 62.9Gb free) . We have a problem here that happens infrequently, once every 2 months. The stores dismount (IS still running) and nobody can access email. When attempting to remount the stores they fail, suggeting restart of ESM and IS services. We then restarted the IS service which causes an error to appear on the screen ...

exchange 2003 public folder sync, which one is updated
If I have public folders replicateing between 2 exchange 2003 systems and someone makes a change, which one is updated? The one they are connected to is the one that is updated. Users are connected to the one referred to in the properties of the Mailbox Store that houses their mailbox. "Trey" <Trey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:271997FD-E0BD-469B-A64D-2FC52FB68575@microsoft.com... > If I have public folders replicateing between 2 exchange 2003 systems and > someone makes a change, which one is updated? ...

Look at the corrective package for Windows
--ubbkrcyjejobmrvf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="tdycdogyhcjarny"; type="multipart/alternative" --tdycdogyhcjarny Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="moosycblfocgztsij" --moosycblfocgztsij Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabiliti...

Can not import pictures in Publisher 2000
After reformatting my Dell computer, I reinstalled 2000. It now does not allow me to import a graphic. I get a box that says something about a graphics convertor missing. The CD is fine - had someone put it on their computer and it allows them to import a graphic. Am I missing another computer file of sort? Hope someone can help. Jeanne All graphics or only certain extensions? All the graphic filters are in a folder similar to this. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt If it is only certain extensions, rename the filter, for instance, TIFFIM32.FLT to TIFFIM32.old, dra...

Maximise Browser window
Hi An advice on the following would be appreciated. I have a command button on my form. In the hyperlink property of that button I have a http://www.google.co.uk. The link works fine but I would like to have the browser window opened to maximum size by default. Is this possible? if so how can it be done. TIA Tom ...

Visual C++ 5.0 and XP SP2
I am a Visual C++ 5.0 user I have just upgraded to XP's SP2 and as a side-effect, Visual Studio will no longer display any help on anything. I can see a list of topics, but if I try to view one I get "the page cannot be displayed". The relevant pane is, a container for I.E. in some guise. It seems to work in that I can access Internet webpages on it OK, when I type an addressin the Infoviewer toolbar, but not the help which is stored somewhere on the PC. Has anyone else encountered this and have any suggestions? I've tried a little tweaking on the Internet Explore...

Importing email accounts from Outlook 2000 into 2003 (via iaf files)
Hello there, Summary: How to import Email accounts from Outlook 2000 iaf files (created when exporting) into Outlook 2003. Full details: I done what I thought was a great idea, after having a problem with my PC decided to upgrade to Office 2003 (from 2000) Pro as it was offered to me free (Or I could have taken a memory upgrade). Reading this newsgroup it would seem that was a mistake! My current problem is that I cannot import that many email accounts I had created in outlook 2000. One work around is to import first into Outlook Express 6 and then import from there, but I still have to do...

Exchange RPC
I'm having terrible trouble getting RPC to work. Is there an article somewhere that shows how to do it step by step for the stupid? Thanks in advance, Beth In Alaska Beth, can you be a bit more specific as to what does not work? RPC just sort of works with Exchange and Outlook. Unless you are going through a firewall. -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Directory Update - http://www.directory-update.com "Beth In Alaska" <bethinak@spamfreeclearwire.net> wrote in message news:12shqul9t59i21@corp.supernews.com... > I'm having terribl...

Help with exchange 2000 standard
I am new to exchange still reading a text book but love exchange and ad services…. My boss setup exchange 3 years before I started working here and all is well….. However I have encountered a problem with the pop3 segment of exchange… A few of our clients use a Treo 650 with different providers as their carrier. I configure pop3 access from within their mobile devices and it works. The devices are set to leave email on the exchange (instead of like behaving like outlook express would….). The problem here is that the emails on the exchange server are flagged as read. I monitored a us...

Change Exchange server via scripting
We are going to be migrating our exchange server to another machine as part of an upgrade. Is it possible to change the users' account setup from one server to the next via a login script, or does anyone know another way to do it other than visiting each machine. Thanks, Brad Depending on the details of the migration, you might not need to do = anything at all, or this tool might be handy: = http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3D56F45AC3-448F-= 4CCC-9BD5-B6B52C13B29C&displaylang=3Den --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 ...

OWA/Exchange 2003 and Dictionary for Spell Check
Does anyone know how to add words to the dictionary that OWA uses for spell check on an Exchange 2003 server? thanks, Jason "Jason" <jdheltne@compassnet.com> wrote: >Does anyone know how to add words to the dictionary that OWA uses for spell >check on an Exchange 2003 server? > >thanks, > >Jason > The custom spell check is not supported: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=825430 You'll need to have a look at http://www.slipstick.com/exs/owa.htm I've not yet looked into which packages are certified with E2K3 though. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,...

Windows XP Pro will not boot
When trying to restart Windows I get to the XP opening screen, then a popup box appears. It says "Autochk not found." then it restarts to the boot screen. No matter how I configure the settings, the CD drive, and the floppy drive will not start either the XP disc, or the setup discs. I am also not able to use the Western Digital disc to repartition the drive. I have a dual boot system with two hard drives. One, the primary, has WinXP Pro, and the other has Ubuntu 9.10. I can start Ubuntu, but am not able to get the PC to connect through the NIC to the modem. The pr...

MFC windows for a player
I am writing a media player using MFC. I would like to have the style of WMP/Realplayer/QuickTime player which consist of three components: A application windows with menu A display windows A control panel with buttons Could someone suggest what MFC windows class (and architecture) should I use for this situation? Thanks. I am cursious as why not simply host the media player in your app instead of developing it? --------------------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Leesei" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<#77PmIhmEHA.1712@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>... > ...