Global Address List #23

I have several disabled user accounts, and would like to remove their email
addresses from the global address list.  In other words, when users send an
email and are selecting the recipient, I do not want my disabled users mail
addresses to be seen.  I know that you can select 'hide address from lists'
under advanced features, but that only hides the address from the public
folder.

Does anyone know how I could do this?
0
soneill (15)

email addresses in cells
If I enter an email address into a cell, Excel underlines it and then treats it as a live address. This makes it impossible to edit. The only solution I have found is to use Paste Special, but even then the pasted version becomes live again as soon as you have finished editing it. Does anyone know a way of switching this maddening feature off - either temporarily or permanently? Tony In XL 2002 and 2003 you can turn this off through Tools>AutoCorrect Options>AutoFormat as you type. Uncheck the box you find there. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:42:01 -0700, tonyay...

Dropdown list #3
Hi I am new to VBA. I want to create a dropdown list in Sheet1!A1 with data from Sheet2!A1:A400. I have already filtered the data in Sheet2!. Is there anyone who knows a short explanation or maybe just know a link for VBA-beginners? -- Therese Therese You don't need VBA for that. Simply name the range in Sheet2 and use the name in the Data Validation in Sheet1. Do this: Select Sheet2. Click in the name box (right above the "A" of Column A) and type "A1:A400" without the quotes. Hit Enter Now A1:A400 is selected. Click on Insert - Name - Define. Type in the ...

If then with a list
I'm trying to determine if a date in Sheet1 is in a list of dates in Sheet2 (returning a simple, "YES" or "NO"). Example: Sheet1: A1 contains the following date: 09/01/05 B1 should contain the "YES" or "NO" Sheet2: Column A contains a list of dates, such as the following: 01/01/05 02/14/05 09/01/05 12/25/05 12/31/05 What is the best way to return a "YES" or "NO"? I have tried unsuccessfully to do this with an if/then, but I'm thinking there must be a better way. Thanks, Jim Hi Try =IF(Sheet2!A1=A1,"YES",...

Employee list
In column A, I have a list of employee numbers. In column B I have their first name, and in column C their last name. What I want to do is to enter an employee number in a cell, and for that cell to return their first and second name. How can I do this please? --- David Scott Hampshire, England Assuming that the labels are in Row 1 and the cell with the Employee Number look up in in E2 try: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(E2,A2:C100,2,FALSE)&" "&VLOOKUP(E2,A2:C100,3,FALSE)),"No Match found",VLOOKUP(E2,A2:C100,2,FALSE)&" "&VLOOKUP(E2,A2:C100,3,FALSE)) --...

OWA
Is there any information somewhere that could give examples of how to use the address book in OWA. We have several users that use OWA and would like to see our All Distribution Lists, All Contacts along with the Global Address List. ...

Data Point on Graph "39409 versus 11/23/07"
I have numerous graphs wherein the X Axis represents the DATE. When I scroll my mouse along the graph line (searching for data points), I often see the accompanying data as... Series 1 Point "39409" Value 209 instead of: Series 1 Point "22-Nov" Value 209 HOW CAN I AVOID THE REFERENCE ON THE DATA LINE FROM REFLECTING THE SERIAL NUMBER INSTEAD OF THE DATE ITSELF??? (such as "22-Nov".) Thanks, FLKulchar What versio...

Execute cmd from a list
Hi, I would like to execute an OS command from a list of databases in liste.txt and get all the results in a file liste.out. How can I do that ? Below my first "code" I see a cmd quick opened but nothing else Thanks for your help ... Dim fso, infile, aNames, sBase, shell set fso = createobject("scripting.filesystemobject") set infile = fso.opentextfile("liste.txt",1) Set shell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") aNames = Split(infile.readall, vbnewline) infile.close for each sBase in aNames wsh.echo "Base:", sBas...

Is there a template for setting up a address book?
I am wanting to set up an address and phone number type sheet, I just needed to know if there was a template for that or am I going to have to make it up? hiiiii jace hope u are doing well. i guess u better to make ur own that may meet ur needs. cause everyone has his own needs "Jace" wrote: > I am wanting to set up an address and phone number type sheet, I just needed > to know if there was a template for that or am I going to have to make it up? ...

how do I write a formula: if (cell address) is less than X add Y
I am using Excel 2003 and I want to write a formula to add 2 cells with a condition that is the second cell value is less than a preset amount, i.e. $7.50 then add the preset amount instead of the value in the second cell. =a1+MAX(7.5,a2) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "CTrophyMan" <CTrophyMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3485F4E1-F431-4B73-9934-8943C8D10B76@microsoft.com... > I am using Excel 2003 and I want to write a formula to add 2 cells with a > condition that is the second cell value is less than a p...

Multi-Column Drop-down list ?
How can I create a multiple (6)column drop-list, so when I make a selection from the list in the far left (1st)column, the cells across the remaining (5)columns will be populated. The drop-down list should be flexible to allow additions and deletions, the third column in the drop-down list should allow variable entries and blank cells. The data in each column can be text and numerical. The list may contain several hundred rows, across the (5) columns. Regards, JB Hi JB, As a starting point, see Debra Dalgleissh's Dependent Lists page at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDat...

Transfer Calendar, Folder List, Contacts, Rules, etc
Win2K O2K SP3 Outlook2K I had to create a new user/profile for myself on the same PC. The previous user/profile is still accessible. How can I transfer my Outlook settings, i.e. Calendar, Contacts, Folder Lists, Rules and others to 'the new' user? Copy over the pst-file and reconnect to it via; File-> Open-> Personal Data File... Also see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http:...

Stopping email address rewriting
Mail is being delivered fine, but for users with multiple smtp email address Exchange is automatically rewriting the address to be that of the primary smtp address. I would like to stop this behavior. I have reviewed the config settings and searched this list to no avail. Is this possible? If so how? thanks, Chris Exchange/Outlook will always send outbound with the Primary (Reply-To) address. There may be a plug-in or 3rd party tool that would allow you to stop this, but there is nothing native. Looks like http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml may do the trick for you. -- Ben Wi...

Expanding a list
I have a list of words in column A and a number in column B. On a new sheet I would like to take the word and repeat it across columns the number of time in column B (in the 1st Sheet) so that word 3 list 4 only 2 would be word word word list list list list list only only Sub reptacross() With Sheets("sheet1") For i = 1 To .Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row Sheets("sheet2").Cells(i, "a") _ ..Resize(, .Cells(i, "b")) = .Cells(i, "a") Next i End With End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesA...

Address of Freezepane
Hi all, In VBA, is it possible to determine the address at which a sheet is locked? I found a property activewindow.splithorizontal and splitvertical but they give me double length integers. Anyone know how toconvert this int an address? Kind regards, Bony -- "There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand Binary and those who don''t ..." Hi, Like this MsgBox Cells(ActiveWindow.SplitRow + 1, ActiveWindow.SplitColumn + 1).Address -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the ...

Multilevel list hanging indent
I created a 2007 Word file on XP with a multilevel list (1., 1.1., 1.2., 1.2.1., 1.2.2. etc) where all numbers are left justified to the margin, and every paragraph has a hanging indent, where the first line of each paragraph starts at what looks like the first tab but all later lines of the paragraph start at the second tab. It looks great. I used it for a construction specification. I still have the file. I don't know how I did it and I cannot recreate it again in any new file. The style is Normal. I don't know that much so I could not have done anything fancy. I prob...

Copying folder list to Excel spreadsheet
Is it possible to copy a folder listing or directory to an Excel spreadsheet? Peter, This code gets the FileNames, but doesn't store the names in the worksheet - should be easy. NOTE: - Hidden files aren't picked up. Sub test() Dim sFileName As String Dim sMainDir As String sMainDir = "C:\" sFileName = Dir(sMainDir & "*.*") ' Initialize "Dir" command! Do Until sFileName = "" ' Store name here sFileName = Dir ' Get next file with "Dir"! Loop End Sub regards, JohnI "Peter Pardu...

Other User's Contacts in Address Book
I and other users on my SBS2003 Exchange network have enabled "Show this folder as and Address Book". The problem is, I can't see their contacts in my address book and they can't see my contacts. How can I see contacts from another user so I can send e-mail to that contact? Create a public folder to hold Contact Items and give the appropriate permissions to the users on that folder. They can drag and drop contact to that folder and set it to show as an Outlook Address Book. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked ...

How to add a new record from List Box to Value List
I'm trying to learning Access by doing - so this question is REALLY basic. I have a field in a table called "CompanyName". The field is a list box and the list comes from another, linked table called Contractors. Contractors is just a list of names of contracting companies that we deal with. When I am in my first table and I am adding a new record, when I get to the "CompanyName" field and the contracting company I need to enter is not already in the list I type it in. How do I get this new contracting company that I just typed to then be automatically added to the ...

Customize list of activities, status and task level
Hi all, I'm just using MS CRM 1.2.I would to know how can i customize(add new entry, remove existing entry) default list of activities, activities status, activities priority level. Thak for help! Unfortunately, in v1.2 there is no supported method for making any customizations to any of the Activities. Some changes are allowed in v3.0, but you still cannot change the 6 base Activity "types". -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Guillaume TOURE" <GuillaumeTOURE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F73F60A-544E-4375-A395-3C04753E7D3D@microsoft.c...

How to show full email address on Contact?
Hi all, I have a similar problem as posted by the following link http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.exchange2000.clients/browse_thread/thread/c3d9f089b646709d/0363cc6523983090?lnk=st&q=%2Fo%3D%2Fou%3D%2F+outlook+show+full+email+address&rnum=5&hl=en#0363cc6523983090 I have Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 client. If I go to Outlook 2003 client and want to print my contact, it does not show the full email address for any contact that is listed under Exchange. I guess Exchange show how hide/replace it with the active directory address (o= ou= cn= ). It is complete...

Removing a SMTP address from Default Recipient Policy #2
Hi All, I've the above mentioned problem and we had already gone through the below mentioned steps, as someone else has the same issue, but I already tried all that and it's not in the metabse.xml THIS STILL NOT THE ISSUE, CAN SOMEONE HELP US, We are running Exchange 2003 in cluster mode. Thank you All. : ) Irfan Ali. Removing a SMTP address from Default Recipient Policy Hi, I have multiple SMTP addresses on my default address policy on an Exchange 2003 Server organization. Last week we delete one of those addresses because the hosting of that domain was moved to an ISP. No...

blocking e-mail addresses?
I blocked an e-mail address in Outlook 2003 a couple of weeks ago, and received an e-mail from this person today. I matched the e-mail addresses (the one that is blocked vs. the one that the e-mail came from today), and they're the same. What do you think happened? Thanks for your help, Audrey "Audrey" <dkfhry@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:55139c47-4375-4f96-8c72-cd51d4f0b101@p49g2000hsd.googlegroups.com... >I blocked an e-mail address in Outlook 2003 a couple of weeks ago, > and > received an e-mail from this person today. I matched the e-mail > addre...

Pasting a value into multiple cell addresses
I have a range of cells (a3,c3,e3,a12,c12 etc) containing variable cell references. I would like to be able to go to/lookup a Target Worksheet and enter the date in that cell. The formula below returns now() in my target sheet. sub enterdate() Application.Goto Worksheets("Target") _ .Range(Worksheets("Source").Range("a3").Value), True ActiveCell = Now() End sub Is there a way to speed this up by doing the other cells in the source worksheet (ie c3,e3,a12,c12 etc) at the same time? Thank you try this without even going to the worksheet Wor...

default purchase order address
Has anyone modified purchase orders to have the ship-to address default to something other than the company address listed on company setup? -- Jim@TurboChef ------=_NextPart_0001_91BCA0F8 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jim, This is Angela; Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. If you have something in mind let me know. I can try to help you with modifying the report. Best Regards, Angela Eckman Microsoft Online Partner Support ====================================================== PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD will be updated at 9:0...

Copying 1500 email addresses from excel into outlook express
Hi guys, I've got a column of 1500 email addresses in an excel spreadsheet and I need to put these into outlook, so that I can group them and send an email to each person, it is feedback for a music competition they all entered and I need to get them out ASAP, and there's a lot of other work I need to get done. Someone mentioned a .csv file, but I don't know how to import that into outlook... not sure how to create it yet either, I'll need to read up on the help files. But if anyone has any idea of how I should go about this, it would be greatly appreciated.... if you need a...