Global Address List #16

This is a brand new Windows 2003 SBS Exchange 2003 install.

I have created a separate OU and added a few users to that
OU. From Outlook 2003, the GAL only shows the
administrator and 1 of the default SBS groups. However,
when 'All Users' is selected from the drop-down menu, the
other users appear.

I have checked the preview for both the GAL and All
Address lists filter in System Manager and all of the
appropriate users appear. Shouldn't they all appear on the
GAL by default?
0
anonymous (74722)

"Jorge Azcuy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>This is a brand new Windows 2003 SBS Exchange 2003 install.
>
>I have created a separate OU and added a few users to that
>OU. From Outlook 2003, the GAL only shows the
>administrator and 1 of the default SBS groups. However,
>when 'All Users' is selected from the drop-down menu, the
>other users appear.
>
>I have checked the preview for both the GAL and All
>Address lists filter in System Manager and all of the
>appropriate users appear. Shouldn't they all appear on the
>GAL by default?

If you're using OL2003 in cached mode, make sure the Offline Address
Book is being generated without errors and that you've downloaded the
OAB to your client. Or turn off cached mode.

If the "E-Mail Addres" on the "General" tab of the users property page
isn't the same as the primary SMTP address on the "E-Mail Addresses"
page then the OAB will be logging errors and the user won't be found
in the "Global Address List" when a cached-mode OL2003 client looks
for the user.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Address fields left
Hi all, query solution I hope ! I have imported a csv address file into access : Address1 Address2 - Address6 Some fields are blank followed by another blank example : Text Blank Blank Text Text Blank example : Blank Blank Text Blank Text Blank example : Text Blank Blank Blank Text Text How can I shunt all the fields left so as to remove any spaces cheers, Garry Use the Trim option. You havel LTrim, RTrim and Trim. The first removes spaces to the left, the second removes spaces to the right and the last removes spaces left and right. So in your query you could use something like ...

Smart List /Payroll
New to GP. I am looking for the best place to pull employee demographics and related annual base pay. I see this field on one of the payroll code screens called annual pay but cannot find it.. I would just like the employee's annual pay based on their pay rate. hello max, that field is not on the payroll, it is on the Human resources tables and its called annual salary Hi Max- Unfortunately, pay code information is not available in Smartlist (assuming you are referring to the annual pay rate stored for a pay code under Cards>>Payroll>>Pay Code). You might look at Repor...

automatic addresses in to:,cc: and bcc: fields, how to edit, delete, etc.
I don't know what it is called, but when you go to enter the names in the To, CC, and BCC in Outlook they automatically pop up. Very nice option. For example, when I go to write Tara Lewis. I write Tara and it finds the rest and pops/fills in the field. Well, this name is in a list somewhere. Where is this list, what is it called? And this list is not the same as "contacts." I'm trying to find out how to delete, edit, change, add in this list. For example. My friend Brian has two entries. One correct and one incorrect, spelled Brain. So when I write B - R it puts u...

Drop down-list translation

Rules and Reply-to E-Mail addresses
I have tried searching through the solved questions listed here and did not find anything that solved my problem, but please let me know if there's something I've missed! I receive many e-mails from example@theirdomain.com. The e-mails have a different reply-to address from the one above. Now normally, I click reply on each of the hundreds of emails, and paste in the same response. This works fine, but is time consuming. I thought I could use a rule to simplify the whole process. My problem is, in my rule, when I select reply using specific template, it replies to the ...

Get part of the Address
I currently have the address City State and Zip all in one cell. What is the easiest way using code to separate City, State Zip into different cells? Thank You Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try using 'Data - Text to columns' for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "daniels012 >" <<daniels012.1b73pt@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:daniels012.1b73pt@excelforum-nospam.com... > I currently have the address City State and Zip all in one cell. > What is the easiest way using code to separate City, ...

New Mailbox
Hi All, When I create a userid object for a new employee in 'Users and Computers' the NT account is created. I usually wait about 3-5 minutes and the email address are created. Yesteday when I created a new user the email address took about 15 minutes, but Exchange 2003 only created a X500 email address. No smtp etc. I am thinking that this is a problem with RUS, however I have run a rebuild and update, and still no luck, I cant seem to find any messages in the event log either! I deleted the entry and recreated the same user with the same result. I hope someone can help me!!! Tha...

Generating a list from Excel 2003
Hi, I would like to know how to generate a list from data in Excel 2003. I would like this list to be generated and put into a document such as Word or some other form. My Sheet has Headings such as First Name, Last Name, Address, Pass (which will bwe checked for some) Thank-you in advance for youe help If it is a table, you can simply copy and paste from Excel into MS Word. If you are trying to print labels with Excel as the database, you do that from MS Word and with the worksheet you want to use as the first worksheet (the first worksheet requirement may not be necessary in Excel...

Help creating two listings from one record
I have extracted "members" from my database. One record will contain LastName and FirstName, and may also contain SpouseName. Because I am creating membership cards in Publisher, I think I probably should actually create another query or ?? that contains one record with either [FirstName LastName] or [SpouseName LastName] Probablyl something like ... If SpouseName greater spaces List SpouseName LastName else next sentence. List FirstName LastName I don't have a clue how to do this in Access. Appreciate all help. Try this -- [FirstName] &a...

Sort Order in Address Book
Can someone explain to me what the difference is between "default File As order" and "default Full Name order" on the Tools | Options | Preferences | Contacts | Contact Options window in Outlook 2000 ? I suspect it is one of these settings that is messing up my Address Book since I re-installed.(don't recall how it was set before). Some of the names show up Last name first and others show up first last. Rather annoying when looking for one of many "Smiths" to have some as Smith, John B. and some as John A. Smith. Currently I have them set as (which is what I...

SMTP Email Addresses Resolving
We have one exchange 2000 account with multiple SMTP addresses and we would like the user to be able to see which email addresses are being sent. Right now all email addresses are resolving to the primary so the user cannot tell which address it was sent too. Is there a way to force exchange to pass through the SMTP address setup in the Email Addresses tab? Please let me know, thanks, Gavin Does adding the 'To' column to the inbox view in Outlook do what you want? i.e. along the top line, you normally see From, Subject, Received, etc. Add the To field to that. It should do ...

Pick list width changes by itself...why?
I have some columns with the width 4. Sometimes the validation pick list is wide like 40 and sometimes it is only as wide as the column. I already know there's code to temp make the column wider when you click on it. But this behaviour of the pick list sometimes appearing much wider than the column makes me think there's something influencing the width of the pick list itself. Is there some way to control the width of the pick list without changing the width of the column or is what I'm seeing occur just an Excel bug? Thanks, Joe M. ...

splitting up an IP address #2
the problem with that is that I need the IP address still. The text t columns splits it up but I loose the IP. I also need this to do i automatically -- eluehman ----------------------------------------------------------------------- eluehmann's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1309 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27776 Hi a very simple solution would be: - copy column A first to column B - apply 'Data - text to columns' on column B -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "eluehmann" <...

"Address" of current cell
Is there a function that will return the "address" of the active cell? In other words, if I'm on cell G9, it there a function I can use that will return 'G9?' TIA Doug Hi Doug try =ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN()) Frank Doug Mc wrote: > Is there a function that will return the "address" of the active cell? > In other words, if I'm on cell G9, it there a function I can use that > will return 'G9?' > > TIA > Doug Or slightly less typing =CELL("address") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@fr...

Smart list data not in tables
I have alot of data that for some reason is in the smart list but is not veiwed in the tables....any easy way to get the data back in the tables. MR Have you used some tool like Query Analyzer to view the suspected tables? If you will tell me the SmartList you are trying to view, I'll give you the tables. There is no way SL is showing nonexistent data; it's just a report writer. "Mike R" <MikeR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12CC49A0-FB4F-48F8-AAD8-7EBB2D973CCE@microsoft.com... >I have alot of data that for some reason is in the smart list b...

Lookup remit to address on check history
Is there anyway to get the address the check was mailed to on the Payables Payments Zoom window? i.e. vendor calls because has not received payment and ask where check was mailed. If Remit To on vendor card has changed since check was written there is no way without having a copy of the check to tell to what address the check was sent. ...

Hiding exchange alias in adress list
H Want to know if it's possible to hide the exchange alias from the adress list, only the alias nothing else and is it possible to set the maximum recipients to send to on a group, eg. have users that only should be allowed to mail 1 user a time I know that this can be done under exchange general for a single user, but I have 9000 users that need that restriction thanks in advance Joakim Larsso ...

Updating Share Point list from within Excel
I have the need to update an existing SharePoint list within Excel using VBA code. Is this possible? Can somebody point me to some reference that can direct met on how to do it? I'm able to save workbook and create dashboard from that workbook. However, now I need to update custom fields in an existing list. Regards, OMER ...

>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient tab
>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table This error is from our exchange, what is causing it? Certain email address seem to trigger it. We would need more information. Exchange versions, for instance. And who receives the NDR? Your users or someone sending to your domain? Postfix in the mix anywhere? "BrianMultiLanguage" <BrianMultiLanguage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C32582D-E2D4-4C83-8A72-A8127672688D@microsoft.com... > >: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table > > This error is...

cmap & list members
hi, i'm dealing with a class containing a cmap public member CMap<CString, LPCSTR, clsTarea*, clsTarea*>m_listaTareas; but when in any function of my class i begin writting this->m_listaTareas. expeting the list of cmap members appearing after the dot is writted, nothing is showed i have then, tried to write the map in another way, in order to guess out wath is going on... .... but using the documented example CMap <CString, LPCSTR, clsTarea, clsTarea&>m_listaTareas; all what i get is the compiler crashing does anybody know why is vb c++ (6.0) beha...

Set recipent address to smtp instead of Exchange/x400 ?
Is there a settting that I can change to set the recipient or to address to always show as an smtp address instead of the Exchange/X400 address? what version of Exchange? smtp is the default protocol for Exchange 2000/2003... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Jibril Esa" <jesa@conarc.com> wrote in message news:#lwYvtijGHA.3440@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a settting that I can change to set the recipient or to address > to always show as an smtp address instead of the Exchange/X400 address? > > In exchange 2003 environment or exchange 2000. when I pull t...

Contact not showing up in Global Address List
I have created some contacts for people out outside the company that everyone in the company should see. The contacts are not show up in the GAL. But they are showing up in the All Contacts list. The client is Outlook 2003. It is the client or the setup in AD .. Any help would be great Make sure that your GAL filter includes contacts. If it does, there will be the following filter (objectClass=contact) "Mat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29cef01c465d2$301708d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have created some contacts for people out outside the ...

Can you do a global font replace in Publisher?
Can I replace, say "Arial" with "Franklin Gothic book" and "Arial Black" with "Franklin Gothic Book (bold)" ? It would also be nice if I could update all the Syles t the same time. How? "Mr. Analogy" <MrAnalogy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A38DE87-53C8-4117-B3DD-E6023152D470@microsoft.com... > > Can I replace, say "Arial" with "Franklin Gothic book" and "Arial Black" > with "Franklin Gothic Book (bold)" ? > > It would also be nice if I could update all ...

Exception List
Is there a way to add your contacts to the exception list without having to enter them one by one? Ted <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to add your contacts to the exception list > without having to enter them one by one? With OL 2003, you click Action>Junk E-mail>Junk E-mail Options>Safe Senders and check "Also trust e-mail from my Contacts". -- Brian Tillman Sorry, I should have specified I'm using OL 2000 and that does not appear to be an option under Actions. Thanks anyway. >-----Original Message----- >Ted <...

Linking Excel drop down lists
I am trying to set up a billing spreadsheet. On one spreadsheet I have a list of product codes in one column, the description in the next column and the price in the third column. On another spreadsheet I would like to pick the appropriate code from a drop-down list (no problem with that) and I would like the description and price to fill in automatically once I choose the code. I thought this would be easy but I am stuck!! Having drop down lists in each column is not an option since there are 163 things in each drop down - the descriptions are wordy and I want to garantee I g...