Giving Someone Access to Another Mailbox

I have a situation where one of our Admin Assistants is going to start
sifting thru one of our executives email.  What is the best way for this
person to be able to see mailbox items?  I would like to give this access via
OWA only if possible and not neccessarily set it up on the client Outlook.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0
mpallo (15)

Which version of Exchange Server are you running?

"mpallo" <mpallo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a situation where one of our Admin Assistants is going to start
> sifting thru one of our executives email.  What is the best way for this
> person to be able to see mailbox items?  I would like to give this access
> via
> OWA only if possible and not neccessarily set it up on the client Outlook.

Chris
11/8/2006 2:46:05 PM
In news:1CCFB8C2-E2EC-40B7-A5F2-27D37E856ABE@microsoft.com,
mpallo <mpallo@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I have a situation where one of our Admin Assistants is going to start
> sifting thru one of our executives email.  What is the best way for
> this person to be able to see mailbox items?  I would like to give
> this access via OWA only if possible and not neccessarily set it up
> on the client Outlook.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it's just for the Inbox, the executive should share that folder
specifically with the admin assistant in his/her Outlook.....either by
right-clicking on the folder / sharing, or using tools | options |
delegates.

Not sure what advantage there would be in using OWA, really - the admin can
use file | open | other user's folder, and see the inbox of the executive,
once the permissions are set.

You can't set per-folder permissions in Exchange, note. Only full mailbox
access, which is likely far more than you want.

0
lanwench (7567)

"Chris H" wrote:

> Which version of Exchange Server are you running?
>
> "mpallo" <mpallo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a situation where one of our Admin Assistants is going to start
> > sifting thru one of our executives email.  What is the best way for this
> > person to be able to see mailbox items?  I would like to give this access
> > via
> > OWA only if possible and not neccessarily set it up on the client Outlook.

mpallo (15)

Restore Mailboxe
Hi to all is there any way to restore from database a mailbox in exchange2003 that was deleted ? thanks Assuming you have backups look at the recovery storage groups http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/ue2k3rsg.mspx simon "Microsoft" <essam@bk.co.il> wrote in message news:OQOsck1mGHA.4216@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi to all > > is there any way to restore from database a mailbox in exchange2003 that > was deleted ? > > > thanks > ...

Update one table from another

Copying data from one chart to another

Mailbox Size #10
Does anybody knows if there is default mailbox size, when I tried to configure the storage limits in AD over 2 gig a message said: The value for 'Issue warning at (KB)' is not valid. Specify a value from 0 through 2097151. Using Windows 2003 server and Exchange 2003. On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 14:01:39 -0500, "johnstep" <ai7802@wayne.edu> wrote: >Does anybody knows if there is default mailbox size, when I tried to >configure the storage limits in AD over 2 gig a message said: > >The value for 'Issue warning at (KB)' is not valid. Specify a value from ...

comdlg32.ocx and Access 2007
I have several Access databases that were originally written using an Access version prior to Access 2007. I am in the process of converting the databases and installing them on new machines running Win7 and Access 2007. Over the years, one of the References I commonly used was comdlg32.ocx. It does not appear that either Win7 or Access 2007 installs that particular Active X file. I can copy it from an older machine, but that seems like a strange solution. Is comdlg32.ocx a "legacy" Active X file and has it been replaced with a newer (and differently named) Activ...

Mailbox deletion in 2003
I have deleted and purged a users mailbox owing to corruption..ie not being able to set permissions for other users to access their calandar. I have created and applied against an existing user and have imported their messages ok. They can send and receive ok...But!!! Any messages before I deleted mailbox now come back as undeliveable..cannot find recipient. If outside users reply to them. How can I set the mailbox to recongnise incoming messages from replies. MAny thanks Sounds like the SMTP address isn't the same. For internal replies, failures would be caused by the legacyEchan...

Importing Messages From Another Mail Program
I just set up outlook express 6.00.2900.2180 for XP SP2 and wish to import my messages and folders from Netscape 7.0 mail and when I follow the instructions and click on the netscape Local Folder inbox file, I get a message from outlook that says there aren't any messages in the file. I tried to mail the files as attachments but that didn't work. Is there some other way to export these messages .to outlook express. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is...

Inserting Excel into Access Reports

Simple Access counting queries

Expression Too Complex in Access 2000
Hi, Consider the following query: SELECT crTbl.acct_1, crTbl.amount, crTbl.date FROM crTbl WHERE (((crTbl.acct_1)="Supplies") AND ((crTbl.date) Between [Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]![startDate] And [Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]![endDate])); The query works fine on my own computer in Access 2002. When converted to Access 2000 and used on an other computer, I get the following error: "This expression is typed incorrectly or is too complex to be evaluated. Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to variables." The problem is with the "Between...

groups detail section totals access 2003
Hi all, I know this can be done, but haven't figured out how yet. I have what basically is a summary report that my sql comes up with for the detail rows. I want to total these rows in the report and display immediately below the detail section. I don't really want to group anything, but want to treat the whole detail section as a group. That being said, how can I get a "group footer" on the designer so I can add my total columns. If I use "sorting and grouping", it starts grouping things and that is not what I want. I don't want to use the "page foo...

Problem creating new mailbox
Hello, I'm trying to create a new mailbox, I've done this tons of times but this time I'm getting a problem. I created the user and then the respective mailbox with no problems. I then went to the users properties to create e email address, choose SMTP and inserted the address with no problems. The other times after some seconds exchange would automatically create de X400 Address but this time it doesn't, the user won't appear in the global address list and when I configure Outlook 2003 and click "check name" it says it cannot find the user. Last friday I cr...

Mailbox needs reducing
We have this mailbox that has been left for months and with no limits, it's now 11GB!! Ho can I trim in down, I don't really want to go into the mailbox and do it, can Exchange do it? In news:euNRN1iPHHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, Gonzo <no@no.com> typed: > We have this mailbox that has been left for months and with no > limits, it's now 11GB!! > > Ho can I trim in down, I don't really want to go into the mailbox and > do it, can Exchange do it? Presuming you're not on 5x or earlier, you can use mailbox management policies to get rid of items ol...

Forward a Task For Someone Else To Track
I have no trouble assigning a task but when I ask someone to forward their task to me to track it does not show up on my task list or in any of the other views... help PLEASE :) ...

Mailbox permissions #17
I have a bit of a mess with a mailbox that receives all messages that clients send through our web site. Everyone except one person has this additional mailbox open within Oulook. The remaining person I can't seem to get the permissions down. I myself have it added on my desktop. The only reason I think I can expand the mailbox is because I'm in the enterprise admin, domain admin, and exchange admin groups. When I look at the properties of the mailbox, my account has "None" as so does this other employee. When I click on my account, the employee's account wo/ ...

Exchange 2003
I've set up a policy that deletes items in the "Deleted Items" folder that are 7 days old (no size limit). For some reason Mailbox Management finds no deleted items. See the email I receive below... The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2006-02-25 00:08:58 Completed at: 2006-02-25 00:08:59 Mailboxes processed: 0 Messages moved: 0 Size of moved messages: 0.00 KB Deleted messages: 0 Size of deleted messages: 0.00 KB The information store is 82 GB's big...there is no way there are no deleted items. I've had this pr...

Remote access to another company's Outlook calendar?
Hello! I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version not known yet). How can the remote company share this person's calendar with my client? He would need to access it and add appointments to it. Thank you for the help! Gregg Hill On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:15:24 -0700, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote: >Hello! > >I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an >employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version no...

Can't connect to Exchange server after VPN access
I can connect to my office Exchange server when in the office (LAN) but I cannot connect outside with Outlook. I can only use the webmail after entering a web VPN access: - First portal for VPN : https://xxx.yyy.com --> I enter my user_VPN/password_VPN - On the next web page, I have the choice for the webmail and it's a link as https://xxx.yyy.com/go/webmail.yyy.com~ssl where I can enter my user_mail/password_mail So I can't enter the url in RPC as every slash is forbidden In my Outlook, the Exchange server (EXC.yyy.com) is not reachable by ping (or tracert) and I can't ...

disable mailboxes
We have a number of Windows users whose Windows account has been disabled. Now the exchange server reports error events for each of those users, because the mailbox is not associated with an active user account. Short of deleting the mailboxes, is there anyway to get Exchange to (reject the mail and) not report error events for those mailboxes. (david) David, Please see: http://www.msexchange.org/articles/NoMAS-Tool.html and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278966 -- - David Aschmann MCSE: Messaging, Security+ "david epsom dot com dot au" wrote: > We have a number o...