Getting Exchange Tabs on Domain Controller AD users &computer

I have a DC that when you go to AD users & computers and
double click a user, the exchange tabs are not present.
How can I get them on there?
0
mercado1 (1)

Install the Exchange System Manager, by running a custom install of Exchange
on that DC, remember to apply the Exchange service pack as well.

--
Mark Fugatt
Exchange MVP
"Mark" <mercado@diahome.org> wrote in message
>I have a DC that when you go to AD users & computers and
> double click a user, the exchange tabs are not present.
> How can I get them on there?

0
Mark

Nested If Function to be converted into a user-defined custom function
Dear Experts: below formula (nested if formula) WORKS FINE in EXCEL 2007, but it is not working in 2003 for known reasons (number of conditions exceeding the limit) . I now would like to create a user-defined custom function (UDF) in Excel 2003. I know how to operate the VBA Editor but I got no idea how this nested If-Formula translates into a VBA-code. Could somebody please help me. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Below formula (nested IF-Function...

Getting Data Shapes to Work with Custom Stencils
I imported a picture and saved it as a shape. Then I linked data from a SQL database. I can get the data to show up in the Shape Date, but I can't get a Data Graphic to appear. Note that I can get Data Graphics to work with out of the box shapes in the same drawing - just not the custom picture. Tried in both Visio 2007 and 2010 Beta. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance. ...

Exchange 2003/ 12 Architecture and Functionality Questions
1. Can we configure intelligent message filter in Exchange 2003/ Ex12 to also act on outgoing mails? Our customer would also like to make sure no unsolicited mails originate from their organization. 2. Does the facility to configure the users’ voice messages (which automatically answer other people’s calls) fall under the PABX, or will it have to be done in Exchange 12? 3. Is it possible for two organizations to make use two Exchange 12 Edge servers, while having Exchange Mail Box servers so they can take advantage of the native encryption and signing of mails to and from the two...

Tabbed Document Style ?
Hello NG First of all I want to thank, all the nice people that reply to questions and try to help others. I want to create an MDI program with a “Tabbed Document” style like the default style of Visual Studio itself. I could not find any VC programming information on tabbed documents, maybe my keywords were not good enough. I thought about using CProperty Page and CTabCtrl class and capturing events, but I’m not sure that it is a good idea. I really appreciate your help and tips Regards, Ebrahi Hello, I think this will help to you, http://www.codeproject.com/docview/tabbedmdi.asp http...

Unregistering license on crashed hard drive / sold computers
Hi, I have Office 2004 and I can't install it on my new MacBook, because it has run out of license (5 total). The problem is the other licenses reside on either sold or failed hard drives, which I don't have access to. Is there a way I can get Microsoft to deactivate all my licenses, reinstall only on the two MacBooks I have? Thanks! Khaiyart In article <8186233a-20ed-405c-b1e4-083b4a0a52a1@t39g2000prh.googlegroups.com>, Khaiyart <khaiyart@gmail.com> wrote: > I have Office 2004 and I can't install it on my new MacBook, because > it has run out of license (...

Simple wildcard parameter on report control
I have searched the database but cannot find a solution to this problem. I have written a text box control on an access report as follows: =IIf([CaseNo] Like "A-*", DCount("[CaseNo]","QuarterlyCompilationStart","[Determ]='AR Prelim'"),"None") Some of our cases begin with *A-* and others with *C-*. This expression results in all the 'AR Prelim' records are counted regardless of what they begin with. I've also tried: =IIf("[CaseNo] ='A-*'",DCount("[CaseNo]","QuarterlyCompilationStar...

SMTP domain name
Hello. I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a windows 2000 machine and a windows 2000 native domain. Problem I am having is complaints from people regarding the smtp domain name. Our Public domain name and our AD domain name are different. Helo response from the server returns the AD domain name and not the public domain name. This is causing messages to be rejected by some SPAM filters. Has anybody had this problem? Thanks Yes I have battled long and hard with this problem. First thing to check is Exchange System Manager, "Default SMTP Virtual Server" look in advanced propertie...

Convert MFC App to MFC ActiveX Control?
Dear there, How to Convert MFC App to MFC ActiveX Control? I had a MFC MDI application which is also a COM server. Now there is a need to turn this into an OCX control so that it can be used in a dialog. Your help will be highly appreciated. Jasen You could try with http://www.microsoft.com/mind/0497/mfc.asp (we used it at work, it works fine for quite some years now). Dear Mr. Pusic, Thank you very much for the information. I will spend time on the paper. Jasen "Goran Pusic" wrote: > You could try with http://www.microsoft.com/mind/0497/mfc.asp (we used it at > wo...

Outlook Users
how do i allow different Users to access Outlook at startup? I have two Users on the same Laptop and Outlook starts up without the option of choosing a User. Thank you, "Brads" <Brads@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:844B7894-D54A-4093-BC4B-A0B817D4C311@microsoft.com... > how do i allow different Users to access Outlook at startup? > I have two Users on the same Laptop and Outlook starts up without the > option > of choosing a User. > Thank you, I'm presuming from this that you only have one Windows log-in on this laptop? The answer, un...

rename user account PLEASE PLEASE what is the answer??
I'm begging, very humbly and very kindly, for the answer to this question. I really want to rant and whine, but I'm specifically and consciously writing with my best and most cooperative attitude. What is the COMPLETE and CORRECT way to rename a user account in an Active Directory and Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook 2003 network environment WITHOUT HAVING A BUNCH OF THINGS GO WRONG? Please answer this only of you truly know AND you can provide step-by-step instructions or point me to the doc that has such instructions. I was going to begin this message with "I don't...

How can I list active OWA users
We have two front end Exchange servers running Exchange 2003. I need to list the active OWA connections on each server. What is the best way to do this? Thanks in advance MikeC MikeC <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have two front end Exchange servers running Exchange 2003. I need to list >the active OWA connections on each server. What is the best way to do this? Use WMI? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com Or to these, either: ma...

Get $500 to your PAYPAL Account by just one CLICK #2

How to get newsletter on the web
We currently publish a newsletter that is 16 ~ 20 pages. Our January newsletter was 16 pages and the pub file (pub 2002) is 25mb. I can save it as a PDF file and it shrinks it to 7.5mb. If I save all the pages as jpegs, reduce them to 75dpi and then save as a PDF, then we're down to 3.5mb. Is this my best option? I'd like to be able to get the file size even smaller. I am saving the pages as 8.5 x 11 pages. Should I make them smaller than that? We're just getting started with a website and would like to put up our newsletters, but I'd like to get them small enough so th...

Users and Asset Data linked on Form
Hello everyone, I have two tables, one a Staff list and the other an Asset list extracted from seperate databases, the information in the tables has absolutely no common data, I have a form with the user name and other bits and pieces on from the staff list and also a drop down list of all asset numbers which I can then select the appropiate asset number from then, that asset number and other details I would like to be associated to that user. I have tried, I have done this in the past about 4 years ago but I cannot remember any of it! Any help would most appreciated Cheers David David, T...

Rule "On this computer only"
I have several books on Outlook but none of them explain what all these options do. Some of course are self explanitory however, I don't understand what exactly this rule "On this computer only" means to a message. Is this my computer or theirs? Can someone explain this to me. Thanks for any help you can give me. Skip Skip Bisconer <SkipBisconer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have several books on Outlook but none of them explain what all > these options do. Some of course are self explanitory however, I > don't understand what exactly this rule &...

Deleted Accounts in AD
Hello! I am trying to reduce store database sizes by emptying mailboxes of accounts deleted in Active Directory. I tried creating a profile in Outlook but cannot resolve the account name. Is there a way to do this without recreating the account and reconnecting to the mailbox? I would reduce the store sizes by approx. 2 GB. Thank you. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO if you have no need for the data in the mailboxes, just purge them... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "JoeCL" <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BA4EE14-82E1-42E7-96F3-F79BA50B5793@microsoft.com... >...

Exchange server chages email addresse
I have a couple of users and when they send an email to another user exchange for some reason changes the email addresse when sending or when composing it changes the email addresse. We are using Outlook 2003. It seems like exchange is controlling the email addresse . Has anyone else had this problem ? It is like i put in the TO: field in Outlook Thomas.Smith57@atc.army.mil. But when i input a message in the message text in outlook or click send it changes my addresse to Thomas.Smith57@us.army.mil. You don't say whether the "new" address is correct or not. Have you chec...

How do I retrieve an installation CD from the computer if it is not being recognized?
I am attempting to install Mac Office 2008 on my computer, however it refuses to recognize the CD. How can I retrieve the CD and/or install the new programs? What type of Mac do you have - more specifically, what type of optical drive is it equipped with? Office 2008 comes on a DVD, not a CD. If that isn't the issue, make sure the drive is working correctly by trying other discs and that the Install disc is clean. (Use a soft cloth & wipe from the center outward toward the edge if necessary.) Should none of that help it's possible that the disc is bad. Contact MS - There sho...

Problem when adding an appointment in CRM from the SFO ver. 1.2
When the users make an appointment in the SFO, its fails. The SFO makes the activity on the contact, but the Outlook synchronisation fails. The appointment does not appear in the Outlook calendar. Then we reinstall the appointment form in Outlook, clear the forms cache, and the problem is resolved. Then after some time (weeks) the problem comes back. Any ideas? Best regards Jacob Mondrup IT Manager, Cultivator Denmark. have you loaded the latest rollup patch for the outlook client? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=127a274d-bc20-4e2f-be0d-1247455748...

E-mail delay on Exchange
I'm not sure if the issue is with exchange or outlook but when I send an e-mail from a workstation through exchange to another in the same office it takes about 15 -30 seconds to appear in the other mailbox. Any guesses - I running Office 2003 on Windows XP SP1 through Exchange 2003 enterprise on Windows 2003. The clients are in the same exchange server in the same database. Thank you This is because you are running Cached Exchange mode. Cached Exchange mode polls the Exchange server on an interval basis to check it for new e-mail. While it's true that you get this type of dela...

Exchange Server slowness
We use MS Exchange 2002 server for email and use the program Outlook 2003. Lately it has been extremely slow and a message pops up stating it is retrieving file from MS Exchange Server. Any suggestions? If the message appears on your workstation it may not be a server related issue. The issue maybe related to the amount of traffic on the network. To know if the server is slow more information such as disk, memory and cpu utilization needs to be known. Also check if there are any relevant messages in the event logs of your worksatation and server. "Carlos Pisquem" <ccccpi...

How do I get a checkbox to check in Word?
I have a Word document form with numerous checkboxes. I did some updates to it and now the boxes won't check. What can I do to get them to check and un-check again? Protect the document for forms. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Danieldh" <Da...

NewBie: trying to get a Username from a console App
I am trying to get username on a console app with MFC support . Here is the code #include "stdafx.h" #include "spy.h" #ifdef _DEBUG #define new DEBUG_NEW #undef THIS_FILE static char THIS_FILE[] = __FILE__; #endif ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // The one and only application object CWinApp theApp; using namespace std; BOOL GetUserName( LPTSTR lpBuffer, // address of name buffer LPDWORD nSize // address of size of name buffer ); int _tmain(int argc, TCHAR* argv[], TCHAR* envp[]) { int nRetCode ...

Upgrade to exchange enterprise #2
Hello I have just moved to exchange enterprise from exchange standard(with the mailbox move method). Everything has gone well but i'm noticing that i'm still getting event 1221 messages stating that there is x amount of space in the public and private message stores. Just wondering if i should still be getting these messages. I'm aware though that exchange space is white space based and that when you exceed the amount of white space the database will grow again. But just wondering if i should still be getting those 1221's. Thanks On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 09:17:03 -070...

Multiple Domains and aliases
We have multiple domains (7), and they are all set up in the "Default Recipient Policy". I have a few user who also need to receive mail from an alias. For example, jsmith@domain1.com will already receive mail to jsmith@domain2.net and so on. I need jsmith to receive mail as inquiry@domain1.com and inquiry@domain2.net, and so on. My idea is to set a recipient policy based on "office" and "title" in the user information setup, so that if there are personnel changes, it's just a matter of changing user information. We are running Small Business Server, but...