Getting "Enter network password" when trying to administrating PF

Hi

We are now, suddenly getting "enter network passord" on the whole Public
Folder tree. If we change folder or trying to access the properties on a
folder.

We didnt get this until recently (last days)

Anyone that knows why we migt recieve this? It is exchange 2003 Ent.
0
nkinell (1)

ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD BOX
HOW DO I GET RID OF THE CONSTANT REQUEST FOR "ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD"?? MY INTERNET SERVICE HAS SET THE PASSWORD SEVERAL TIMES, BUT THIS BOX WILL NOT GO AWAY. I'M TOLD BY THEM THAT THIS IS A MICROSOFT PROBLEM. Are other people having the same problem?? Thanks Rick Kirchhoff Please use lower case in the future. If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP3 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-u...

"Enter Network Password" on Send/Receive
Using Outlook '07, I have automatic send/recieve set for every five minutes so that I can automatically forward to a yahoo account in order to "push" to my Iphone. The problem is that sometimes I have a dialogue box pop up that says "enter network password". My username and password are already in the appropriate boxes and I click "ok" and then the mail will be downloaded from the server. Obviously when I am away and this happens, I don't get email to my Iphone. Why does this happen? I have the account set up to remember my password. Thanks! ...

Enter Network Password issue
All of a sudden I get the "Enter Network Password" window popup every time Outlook 2002 connects to my mail server. It's always been configured to remember my password. I've installed MS Office XP patches 1 and 2 and still have the problem. Thoughts? See if this helps: For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win 98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000: (CW) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q275465 (IMO) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q259416 For all Outlo...

Enter network password keeps poping up
enter network password keeps poping up , how do i make it stop? -- Grizz961 Grizz wrote: > enter network password keeps poping up , how do i make it stop? A guess based on a complete lack of details: pre-2003 versions of Outlook will not remember the login credentials for e-mail accounts defined within it when ran on Windows Vista, or later. You never mentioned which VERSION of Outlook that you use. You never mentioned which VERSION of Windows that you use. You never mentioned what TYPE of e-mail account(s) you have (POP, IMAP, HTTP/Deltasync, Exchange). You never menti...

Enter Network Password
New computer running XP and using Outlook 2002. I keep getting a box appear that's title "Enter Network Password". "Please type in user name and password". I don't have a network. This thing appears every few minutes all day long. It will not remember the password and I don't know how to get rid of it. It is very annoying. Any hints will be appreciated. At first I was using Outlook Express and it appeared then also. thank you. This didn't work. Still getting that annoying pop up=20 window "Enter Network Password". Once again... I...

Enter Network Password keeps coming up
Folks, I hope someone can help me. I keep getting this window that keeps asking me to enter network password everytime I go into outlook. I'm using outlook 2002. Does anyone know how I can get this from poping up? Thank you in advanced for your help. Al <azapata@itsmb.net> wrote: > I hope someone can help me. I keep getting this window > that keeps asking me to enter network password everytime > I go into outlook. I'm using outlook 2002. > Does anyone know how I can get this from poping up? http://support.microsoft.com/?id=312630 -- Brian Tillman ...

how to stop the "Enter Network Password" pop-up?
Hello, I use Outlook 2002 SP3 on XP Home. Recently, a dialog box titled "Enter Network Password", with text "Please type your user name and password.(...)" appears on top, frequently. This box appears (on top) every few times that either I manually hit the Outlook "Send/Receive" button, or the Outlook checks for new mail automatically (every 2 minutes). Of course I type in the correct password and check "Save this password (...)" box. Does not help - again in a few times e-mail is checked, the same box will appear. I can send/receive, but the pop-u...

Enter Network Password #11
Anybody seen this message continually asked when send and receive action despite password entered and stored? >-----Original Message----- >Anybody seen this message continually asked when send and >receive action despite password entered and stored? >. >I found your question while searching for the same answer. I am constantly being asked to log-in to the server after I have already done so and have saved the password. It's driving me crazy. I would switch to another e-mail client in a heartbeat, but I like the calendar feature and the fact that my PDA synchs to ...

Outlook 2007 & "Enter Network Password" Popup?
Has anyone that has been using OL 2007 experienced the "Enter Network Password" popup windows? I was told by my ISP that it is an Outlook 2002 issue only. Can anyone dispute that? Thanks Oops "<--Mardman-->" <zeus661@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:89adnXUtn8zh0xnYnZ2dnUVZ_sKunZ2d@buckeye-express.com... > Has anyone that has been using OL 2007 experienced the "Enter Network > Password" popup windows? I was told by my ISP that it is an Outlook 2002 > issue only. Can anyone dispute that? Thanks > I'm also seeing th...

"Enter Network Password" #2
I am using Outlook 2002 under XP, with a LAN connected with an Ethernet card. Outlook keeps prompting me with a pop-up requesting me to enter the network password. The window suggests the passowrd (which is correct) and even offer to save the passowrd. Nevertheless, the window comes back everytime outlook logs onto my POP3 to look for new mail. help appreciated G If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP3 Server http://support....

"Enter Network Password" Prompt During Configuration
I have installed MS Outlook 2007 on my SP3 XP Home computer. I just recently installed this on my computer after re-installing the Operating System. I had the account set up and it was working fine prior to re-installing the Operating System. Now I am constantly prompted to re-enter my username and password. I have checked, double checked and triple checked all my settings and I do not know what the problem is. I have attached a screen shot of some of the settings, errors and the screen I am getting. Admins if this is in the wrong place, please move it. I h...

"Enter Network Password" #3
I seem to receive the above dialogue box with increasing regularity. It presents with my log-in and password details all pre-filled but clicking on 'OK' only succeeds in making it disappear for a few seconds before it pops-up again. The only way of getting rid of it is to click on 'Cancel' and it is then removed for 3-4 minutes before appearing again. In the meantime I can't receive any e-mails (although I can send them OK). I seem to experience episodes of this that often last several days and then the problem goes away again for weeks/months. Any ideas? Highly...

Receiving mail problem with" Enter Network Password" problem.
I got one lonely little reply to my earlier post on this topic, offering a link to a Microsoft reference that was "not available." I can't receive mail in Outlook 2003 on XP due to refusal of my (correct) Password by my mail server - and a dialog box headed "Enter Network Password" keeps on appearing over and over again, as long as Outlook (or Outlook Express) remains open. The Network Password box that appears already has a correct User Name and Password filled in! I have closed and reopened my Outlook 2003 mail account, run Detect and Repair, uninstalled and r...

Enter Network Password #6
Anyone help please? Over the last few days I have had to repeatedly enter network password for my email. Checking the box to save it doesn't work either. It's driving me mad. Any clues please guys. dr dodge ...

enter network password in Outlook 2003
Using Outlook 2003. I have my email set up to SEND/RECEIVE every 5 mins but i keep getting the ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD / USER NAME dialog box up and its driving me mad. All my setting look ok so I cant see why this is happening. I use btinternet/yahoo as my isp. Have spoken to BT broadband net help who advise me that they DONT support Outlook. PLEASE HELP me to sort this out Do you have more than one account configured with the same server? Does it work when you enter your password or does it continue to prompt? Also see; For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (just ignore the par...

Enter network password box #2
The "Enter Network Password" box in Outlook keeps appearing even though I've checked the box to remember my password. I can't send email messages out. Any suggestions? ...

PING *.MVP
This problem is of obvious concern to a great many people as indicated through numerous submissions to this newsgroup. Speaking for myself, I've read all the KB articles,hints, suggestions et al in an effort to remedy the problem. However, the reality is that there doesn't seem to be a solution at least not one that I'm aware of. I guess the question begs to be asked "What is Microsoft doing about this issue". Collectively we've spent thousands of dollars on this software - it's buggy and not working as it should. Zyggy (Windows XP home & Outlook 2002) You ...

Enter Network Password
I am trying to open and populate an Excel template through ActiveX controls on our intranet site. Now although it works, I get this annoying prompt which asks for 'Enter Network Password'. If I select cancel, everything works as it should. I have not set up any special security on the hosted xlt files. All permissions seem to be good on the web server. I've seen many newsgroup items that say SR1-a will fix this for Office 2000. This doesn't seem to apply to my problem. I've applied the patch, used office 2002 and 2003 and all give the same prompt for a network passwor...

Enter Network Password Outlook xp
It seems that every few minutes, outlook forgets my authenication. It displays a message asking me to enter my network password. Does anyone have a solution to this? its quite annoying. NB Outlook doesnt ask for network passwords. Sounds like the network card is going to sleep and you need to reconnect to the network after a long pause or inactivity. NETWORK PLACES / VIEW CONNECTION /PROPERTIES / CONFIGURE / POWER. Uncheck allow card to sleep. Thom Apply Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2 for Outlook 2002....this eliminated the problem for me ...

Outlook 2003
I have Outlook 2003 configured to check my email accounts every 10 minutes. I am now continually getting pop-up messages asking me to enter my network password. I keep clicking the checkbox to 'Save password' but the message window still keeps popping up for each account. I have re-created the accounts but am still getting these annoying pop- ups. I have finally reverted back to manually checking for mail by turning of the auto check and hitting the send & receive. Anyone got any ideas as to why it is doing this and what can be done to fix it?? Frustrated!!! Go to too...

How to stop annoying Enter Network Password popup box?
Whenever I check my email using outlook (through comcast pop3 account), I get the Enter Network Password box over and over again. The box has my correct password entered by default into the password field. If I do nothing with the box and just wait, the emails all still download from the comcast pop3 server. But if I click Okay after selecting "save this password in your password list" to get the box to go away, it just disappears and immediately reappears until all my emails are downloaded. This is very annoying since the popup always becomes the topmost window. I can't fig...

Why does "Enter Network Password" pop up sometimes?
Why does the "Enter Network Password" box pop up sometimes in Outlook when I send/receive mail? This mainly occurs when I have not composed mail to go out & am just checking for new mail. "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3A85AEB-6C04-494D-A02F-4DDFB21896F3@microsoft.com... > Why does the "Enter Network Password" box pop up sometimes in Outlook when > I > send/receive mail? This mainly occurs when I have not composed mail to go > out > & am just checking for new mail. There may be a timeout in us...

Enter Network Password message annoyance
Hello to all, Help!! I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002, and everything works fine. However, I get an "Enter Network Password" dialogue box that pops up on me quite often - so much sometimes that it is very annoying. I don't do anything but check the check box described below and then click the "Okay" button. This clears the dialogue box but sometimes it will pop right back up. I may have to do this 3 or 4 times in a row sometimes to make it stop. After that, everything works just fine. Then it does it again later. And so on. This dialogue message box tha...

Enter Network Password Still!!
Please, please help me! I've get the ENP prompt for every single email I receive (on all 3 accounts) even though the password is clearly typed and I have followed the MS K Base article 275465 to the letter. It's driving me nuts as I need Outlook (2002) open all day and it interrupts everything I'm doing to give this prompt which I have to OK for every single email (including the 120+ junk porn mails I'm getting every day recently too!). Have downloaded Qurb on trial to sort that but still get the prompts. I think I'm going mad!!!!! please help. Ta. Sally Ar...

I use MS Outlook for my small business. I am encountering an annoying and recurring PopUp when I open Outlook, or click Send/Receive. It asks me to (Enter Network Password) - requiring name & password. Doesn't matter whether I click OK or Cancel or Re-enter P.W.- - it continues incessantly! I use MS Outlook 2003 & Windows XP. Any suggestions to resolve this issue would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Happy Holidays... You might look at this. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312630 <pacificwest@safe-mail.net> wrote in message news:1135360367.240954.2136...