General Permissions Question

Hi,

Would there be any good reason to remove the System Account from the
Exchsrvr main folder?
I believe this is why I am receiving errors for our McAfee Exchange Virus
scanner.  Not sure why the account was removed, but I am thinking that this
is our problem.

thanks in advance for any help/ideas,

Mel
0
Mel1 (144)

Hi,

System account is for the oprating sysytem to access that folder it's a
requierd permission for exchange server to function properly.

---cheers
"Mel" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Would there be any good reason to remove the System Account from the
> Exchsrvr main folder?
> I believe this is why I am receiving errors for our McAfee Exchange Virus
> scanner.  Not sure why the account was removed, but I am thinking that this
> is our problem.
>
> thanks in advance for any help/ideas,
>
> Mel
Thank you.  I will make the adjustment.
The company had an Exchange crash (Hardware PERC) and I believe when they
(former admins) rebuilt the Exchange server and performed recovery measures
somehow permissions were changed.

thanks again,

Mel

"Padman De Silva [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> System account is for the oprating sysytem to access that folder it's a
> requierd permission for exchange server to function properly.
>
> ---cheers
> "Mel" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Would there be any good reason to remove the System Account from the
> > Exchsrvr main folder?
> > I believe this is why I am receiving errors for our McAfee Exchange Virus
> > scanner.  Not sure why the account was removed, but I am thinking that this
> > is our problem.
> >
> > thanks in advance for any help/ideas,
> >
> > Mel
0
Mel1 (144)

Please help on RMS Questions
Hello, Request you to please help me on following questions. 1) In RMS can we setup the Customerwise--Item Wise price ? 2) What is the impact if we hold the transaction more than day and closed the registered ? 3) If I did the transaction on Register A and hold I assume that we can Recall that Transaction any store specific register ? please correct me if I am wrong. 4) Is it possible to view the other store on hand Qty ? Your prompt reply will be highly appreciable. Thanks Sandip I will try to answer to my best understnding of what you wish to achieve: 1) In RMS can we setup the Cust...

CRM .NET Compatibility Question
So far you guys have been a tremendous assistance. I just need one clarification if anyone knows. Is the CRM incompatible with .Net Framework 1.1 or just Windows 2003 implimentation of .Net Framework 1.1. I have built a Windows 2000 server and am ready to intall CRM but am not sure if I should use the .Net Framework version 1.1 which is on the windows update site or do I need to dig around for version 1.0 Thank you much River Cox USArchive and Imaging Services. version 1.0 it is Has anyone tried with .net 1.0 sp1 We are currently using sp2 (which I believe CRM recommends anyways). &qu...

Great Plains Question 08-20-03
Not sure if this is the right newsgroup, but I getting an error message when trying to post a receivables batch. Error message reads "You cannot edit the batch or transactions in this batch. Use the batch recovery window to continue processing batch." On going up to the routine button, the recovery window is not an option although the Help menu says it should be there. HELP...PLEASE!!! ...

Input Button Command Question
Hi all, Is there a way to have an input button show a default value formatted in date format. That is as d/m/yyyy. (I can get it to show the date but insists on showing it in number format only) Don't know what you mean by "Input Button". Could try something like :- mystring = Format(Date, "d/m/yyyy") CommandButton1.Caption=mystring ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Thanks Brian. Sorry about being unclear. The function is for...

Incorrect permissions set in Word 2004 for Mac
I am using MS Word 2004, Version 11.5.6, on the Mac. I think that when it creates a new file it does not set permissions according to the umask. I have umask set to 0002, which should give write access to the group. When I create a file using vi, for example, the group has write access. But when I create a new Word document, the group has read access only: $ ls -l temp.doc -rw-r--r-- 1 mark family 19456 Feb 6 23:11 temp.doc $ umask 0002 I want to give the group "family" write access to any new Word documents that are created. Why is this not happening wit...

Page Footer sum Microsoft solution question
http://support.microsoft.com:80/kb/296249/en-us The above website gives a solution for sums per page but I cannot get any sums to work in the page footer. Are the instructions right? Has anyone else had problems with this? Michael wrote: >http://support.microsoft.com:80/kb/296249/en-us > >The above website gives a solution for sums per page but I cannot get any >sums to work in the page footer. > >Are the instructions right? Has anyone else had problems with this? The article is correct. Carefully, review it again and double check that you followed all of the s...

Users have permission to look at other mailboxes
I can't find where to limit the access to user mailboxes. I thought I was the only one (Administrator) that had access to other mailboxes (Outlook Open other users mailbox) though I found out everyone does and I can't find the permission to change...Any thoughts? -- Striving to know more... Check permissions on the mailbox Store and trace it up each level if the permissions are inherited from a parent. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "TechMan" <TechMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

real newbie question...
Hi, I'll cut to the chase, are XSLT files used simply for display or is it possible to put controls on them, like buttons and textboxes etc... Real lame assed question I'll favour, but hey... Thanks in advance Colin B Colin Basterfield wrote: > I'll cut to the chase, are XSLT files used simply for display or is it > possible to put controls on them, like buttons and textboxes etc... XSLT stylesheets are used to transform XML into another format (XML, HTML, text). What resulting document should contain (buttons and textboxes) is up to stylesheet author. -- Oleg T...

Message Box Help
I am trying to create a message box. For instance, if I type the word "pools" in a specific cell, i want a message box to appear with just a lousy "ok" button with a brief message. Also, I want to create a message box in a different cell so that no matter what value (or text) is entered into that cell, a message box will appear with the same "ok" button and message. Thanks in advanced. No exactly the behavior you want, but you can get close with Data=>Validation. Look at all the tabs and look it up in help. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy <xxx@yahoo.com> ...

Multi Store Workflow Question
We have one store and a warehouse. We need to order and receive items at the warehouse and transfer them to the store. We need the store to be able to see what is on order and all inventory at the warehouse. Is anyone doing something like this, and how easy it it? At a recent demo, this required many steps, logging into 3 different databases, doing updates, etc. Very confusing for simple tasks we need to do every day. Marvin: Microsoft RMS HeadQuarters would be the solution for you. You can view the inventory in Warehouse and items on order from the Store Mihir Shah Diviasoft, In...

A simple Stuiped Question
I'm trying to install a CommandButton on one of my spread sheets. I formatting the CommandButton I do most everything like change the colors, Text, Fonts, and Size. but I have not found where to install where the CommandButton is to go to, like cell number. I know it seems to be a foolish question, that I am ashamed to asking, but help please Charlie Using Windows 7, Excel 2003 Right-click on the button and select Properties. Top and Left will give you the position on the screen. Turn on the macro recorder while creating a button from the Control Toolbox to get placement code. Gord...

Outlook 2003 Journal Question
Hi all, I've been working on configuring the outlook 2003 journal to my liking. I've set the emails to be recorded into it, but it only records sent emails automatically. Is there an easy switch to get it to record incomming emails as well without me having to drag them from the Inbox to the Journal folder? Thanks in Advance ...

really simple printing question
i have a fairly long excel sheet it's about 800-something rows but ther aren't too many colums. how can i make it wrap up and print what woul normally be 2 pages on to one page? the printer settings aren't working right and i'm getting it to b terribly small when i try and change those to fit. do any of you kno how i could do this? i'm pretty sure this is a really simple task and just have never had to use excel for anything this long before. or care about manipulating it so that it could be done again -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Rhea, I don't...

Vlookup,format general, format text
Hi, I am having a pull the hair out problem with excel. I have a workbook that I use vlookup to get data from a datasheet in the same workbook. The data is a combination of text and numbers and text and numbers combined. Excel sometimes returns the values I want and sometimes doesn't. Sometimes I have to format the data as text and vlookup will work and sometimes not. Then I switch the data to general and it will work and sometimes not. This is extremely frustrating. Now I have a few cells that will not return anything but N/A no matter what format I have it in. I know that that dat...

Footer questions
Using XL 2000 How can I (1) reference a custom footer to a cell in the speadsheet? I would like to have in Left Footer - "prepared on" and in the center footer a date which is entered in a cell in the spreadsheet. AND (2) if you create a custom footer with font formatting in one sheet of a workbook, how can you have it placed on the footer for every sheet in the workbook? many thanks Doug Hi 1. Only possible with VBA using an event procedure Before_Print 2. Select the first sheet with this footer and group all other sheets (hold down the cTRL keya while selecting the other tab...

Grant alter procedure permissions
I have a request to create a database role with permissions to create and update stored procedures and functions but not change the table definition, keys, indexes, and triggers. I created the role in the development database and gave it the following permissions: Create Procedure Create Function Alter Any Schema View Definition With this role the developers can create and modify stored procedures and functions. However, they can still perform certain edits on tables (eg. they can drop foreign keys but cannot create them. Reading on BOL, I see the objects in the schema ...

Question for school
Filters are used to a. establish relationships, b. view a subset of records in a table c. view a list of fields in a table d. none of the above "deborah camp" <deborah camp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8785B061-C0E5-433A-A8F3-CFF39568D649@microsoft.com... > Filters are used to a. establish relationships, b. view a subset of > records > in a table c. view a list of fields in a table d. none of the above > If these are school questions, do you not have a book or some other resource where you can look up the correct answers? Havi...

refinance home loan question
hi have money 05 and trying to get my home loan to refinance. is there a wizard for this or anything? i can adjust the loan terms but it doesn't allow me to make the changes effective in the future and also the calculated amounts come out all wrong. Is the best way to close out the loan and create a new one? Thanks, minnoce944 In microsoft.public.money, minnoce944 wrote: >hi have money 05 and trying to get my home loan to refinance. is there a >wizard for this or anything? i can adjust the loan terms but it doesn't >allow me to make the changes effective in the future a...

Maybe this is a silly question.
Our company name is "abc" our website is "abc.com" or email is "name@abc.com" our domain name is "abc" we are in the process of changing all this Our company name is going to be "xyz" and our website is going to be "xyz.com" and we want to have our email become "name@xyz.com" For the next few months though we want each persons outlook email to be configured with 2 mailboxes "mail@abc.com" and "mail@xyz.com" so that it stays completely seperate until almost no one sends mail to "abc.com" anymore ...

VBA question re variables
Hello All I wonder if someone can help me with this. I have a form a tab control and 12 pages. On each page a separate piece of data is captured and at the end this is populated into my table. Users move to the next page in the sequence by clicking command buttons on each page which I am trying to code now. The part I am struggling with is this... How can I set the value of a variable in one subroutine and use the variable in another routine without the value of the variable changing which it seems to do? Many thanks in advance and kind regards, Nick "Nick" <Nick@discu...

Exchange 2003
Hello All: I have a global contact list in public folders that I would like to be able to access and email from while in OWA. Clients have access but I cannot figure out how to open up a contact and then select new email. The Icon is available in the tool bar but is grayed out. Is this possible to do? thanks ...

OUTLOOK 2002 question
I have a user that need his email comeing into his inbox to copy down ( not move) his personal folder jaygardner Use a Wizard Rule for this. Set no condition so it will do it for every mail and set the action to move a copy to a specified folder -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _under...

Finding my previous questions...
I often would like to come back to this site to lookup one of my previous questions, such that I can again utilize the solution you provided me. However, I often can remember the 'Subject' I used during the submission, and therefore can't find my question. Is there some way I can use this site to locate all my previous submissions? Many thanks http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "cdavidson" <cdavidson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE778701-F1B9-47F1-B447-D10C5A8D6D53@microsoft.com... >I often w...

Password protection
I have apprx 21 user prompts set up for Outlook 2007. My questions are: 1) is there a limit of profiles, that can be set up? 2) if I use a PST password - can it be the same as the profile password? 3) I am correct in saying that when I get prompted for the profile to use - it will prompt me for both the PST and Profile password? John D Leonard -- Sage <sage.grp@comcast.net> wrote: > I have apprx 21 user prompts set up for Outlook 2007. > > My questions are: > 1) is there a limit of profiles, that can be set up? I've never heard of one. > 2) if I use a PST pass...

xml question #3
Hi I am trying to create the following line in an xml fileusing the xml writer, <Style ss:ID="Default" ss:Name="Normal"> I have ss set up as a namespace I think, see below. Dim spreadsheetNamespace As String = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet" writer1.WriteAttributeString("xmlns", "ss", xmlns, spreadsheetNamespace) I tried the following but it did not seem to work. writer1.WriteStartElement("Style", ID = "Default", spreadsheetNamespace) thanks Paul. Thanks Paul. -- Paul G Software engineer. Hi P...