General email configuration problems SBS2k3 with Exchange

Hello I am very new and just starting to get to grips with exchange. I am
having all kinds of problems after the initial installation.

1. i still have the primary smtp set with @company.local which mean the
reply to address is wrong. when i try and change this to the correct address
none of the mailboxes receive email!! which i find strange.

2. In this state all the emails are lost i cannot find where these emails
are going too, if at all stored.

3. read receipts are not processed and do not know how to receive these.

can anyone help as i am getting more and more confused
0
mb808 (2)

You need to set the Primary to user@domain.com.

"mb808" <mb808@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello I am very new and just starting to get to grips with exchange. I am
> having all kinds of problems after the initial installation.
>
> 1. i still have the primary smtp set with @company.local which mean the
> reply to address is wrong. when i try and change this to the correct
> address
> none of the mailboxes receive email!! which i find strange.
>
> 2. In this state all the emails are lost i cannot find where these emails
> are going too, if at all stored.
>
> 3. read receipts are not processed and do not know how to receive these.
>
> can anyone help as i am getting more and more confused

0
allen.miyake (137)
2/28/2006 6:16:44 PM
Open Exchange Server Management, Advanced Management, Your Exchange
Organization name, Recipients, click on Recipient Policies.  In the right
pane, double click "Default Policy, click the E-Mail Address (Policy) tab,
click SMTP, click the edit button and replace the @domain.local with the
@domain.com info.  Click OK and OK.  Under Standard Management, click
Internet and E-Mail and run the Connect to Internet Wizard to properly
configure email.

Dan D.
MCSE

"mb808" wrote:

> Hello I am very new and just starting to get to grips with exchange. I am
> having all kinds of problems after the initial installation.
>
> 1. i still have the primary smtp set with @company.local which mean the
> reply to address is wrong. when i try and change this to the correct address
> none of the mailboxes receive email!! which i find strange.
>
> 2. In this state all the emails are lost i cannot find where these emails
> are going too, if at all stored.
>
> 3. read receipts are not processed and do not know how to receive these.
>
> can anyone help as i am getting more and more confused
0
dandav (2)

invalid email address

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

Excel button problem

WCF Client serialization problem

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Attaching Contacts to new email

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Offline Synchronization Problem #2