Gather mail from ISP and redistribute to the concerned user

Hello

I have Small Business Server 2000 and outlook client 2003. Until recently we
were looking our e-mails directely at the ISP through the webmail. Today we
would like to collect the e-mails and distribute them to the company users.

I have set up everything to send e-mail for the different user and it works.
I then used the Pop connector provided with exchange. I can gather the
e-mails at the ISP but then they do not appear in the emails boxes (they are
disappearing in a "nowhere SBS space").

I can not find what is wrong in my setup.

Can somebody help me in this matter ?

Best greetings

Michel

Michel,

The SBS newsgroups have soem really smrt people hanging out in them that
knwo this sort of stuff inside out. The POP connector is actually not
included with non-SBS Exchange, and that said I and likely many others here
have never used it.

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

Http://www.briandesmond.com

"michel" <michel.mooser@tvs2net.ch> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I have Small Business Server 2000 and outlook client 2003. Until recently
we
> were looking our e-mails directely at the ISP through the webmail. Today
we
> would like to collect the e-mails and distribute them to the company
users.

> I have set up everything to send e-mail for the different user and it
works.
> I then used the Pop connector provided with exchange. I can gather the
> e-mails at the ISP but then they do not appear in the emails boxes (they
are
> disappearing in a "nowhere SBS space").
>
> I can not find what is wrong in my setup.
>
> Can somebody help me in this matter ?
>
> Best greetings
>
> Michel

0
desmondb (156)

Not able to send or receive with windows mail.
I have set up windows mail but are not able to send or recveive mail i have this error msg come up was wondering if someone might have some ideas on how i fix this prob. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'yahoo.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Thanks "Travnikk" <Travnikk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D31924D-1B29-49C6-AB8...

New Mail Notification #9
Does anyone know how to get the New Mail Notification alert to work?? I have closely followed the instruction in the Tools ption etc, but it still does not appear. Is there a fix available? I am not even able to get the Alert Box to appearin the bottom right of the screen, although I do get a notification sound. Thanks for your help!!! Peter, London, UK If you're sure the feature is activated, it could be one of a few other problems. Here are a few articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base, depending your other factors not mentioned in your post: http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...

How to Block a Newsgroup User With Vista Windows mail
Is there a way to block a newsgroup user or kill file with Vista windows mail.I could do this in outlook express. "Brian LD" <home@home.org> wrote in message news:FC2D55BC-0699-4625-BC53-317FDF9E8E42@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to block a newsgroup user or kill file with Vista windows > mail.I could do this in outlook express. Use a message rule, select a message from that sender>on the message menu>create rule from message>2nd box, select delete. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ Right-...

can't delete mail from inbox...error message is..
outlook wont let me delete email messages from inbox the error message I keep receiving is "item could not be deleted. it was moved or already deleted, or access denied also sometimes i receive error message "the administrator has not set retention policies" ?? can anyone help ...

Not able to send mail
Hi all - a customer called today and said they can't send mail. This SBS 2008 box is a week old and the only thing I have done since last week was add a cert to the domain "remote.mydomain.com" They want to use OWA and RWW so we purchased a cert from Godaddy and installed it last night. Additionally I went in to the host and added an "A" record for "remote.mydomain.com" My question is; would adding the A record screw this up if they already have an A record for "mail.mydomain.com"? Both A records point to the SBS box. If that didn...

windows mail uitgaande email
sinds gisteren kan ik geen email meer verzenden met Windows Mail. Ik krijg de volgende foutmelding: Er is een onbekende fout opgetreden. Protocol: SMTP, Poort: 0, Beveiligd(SSL): Nee, Foutnummer: 0x800C013E. Kan iemand mij vertellen wat ik moet doen? The error message you got is very typical of interference caused by=20 an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects. In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled. Email ...

Autoarchive to another Mail Folder
Hi, I want to be able to setup autoarchive to store the emails to another mail folder, in my case another imap folder -- as opposed to saving the archived mails in a local pst file. Is this possible? It does not seem like this is possible through the vanilla Outlook 2007 interface, but is this possible through a plugin or something? I am running Outlook 2007 SP1. tia, rouble I believe Outlook will only archive to a .pst file. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://sup...

forwarding e-mail with pictures/attachments
When I receive an e-mail with a picture I can view it with no problem, but when I want to forward it the picture comes out blank. I tried to send it to my desktop, but they still come up blank. attachments seem to be ok, but not pictures. Do I have my e-mail set up wrong? No one else who use this computer has this problem but me. What do I have to check in order to find the problem. ...

How can I view e-mails before the attachment downloads?
When I receive a new e-mail with an attachment, it takes forever to open that e-mail. Can anyone please advise? It's frustrating to wait 5min. for one e-mail just to open. Thank you! "fRuStRaTeD" <fRuStRaTeD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B7FCBB8-6B2E-4813-98C5-2BFEDB5CC17A@microsoft.com... > When I receive a new e-mail with an attachment, it takes forever to open > that > e-mail. Can anyone please advise? It's frustrating to wait 5min. for one > e-mail just to open. Attachments aren't some separate entity distin...

impossible d'envoyer de mail � AOL
gOOD MORNING Je ne peux envoyer de mail � des correspondants AOL Je re�ois d'AOL et le reste fonctionne correctement J'urilise Outlook 2002 Merci d'avance pour votre aide Sorry, this is an English language newsgroup... <jjfulgoni@eciconseils.com> wrote in message news:cpovfc$1nh$1@news.tiscali.fr... > gOOD MORNING > Je ne peux envoyer de mail � des correspondants AOL > > Je re�ois d'AOL et le reste fonctionne correctement > J'urilise Outlook 2002 > > Merci d'avance pour votre aide > jjfulgoni@eciconseils.com <jjfulgoni@eciconseils...

Problems : cannot open mail with attachments- Word, Excel etc
Problems : cannot open mail with attachments- Word, Excel etc from my Yahoo email accounts. I have a 733 MHZ PC with Windows ME. 192 RAM and 20 GB HD Recently I cannot open any attachments like Word or Excel received at my Yahoo email accounts. It says: "Internet Explorer cannot download.....from mail.yahoo.com Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site" I have to forward to it my other email addresses in Outlook Express and then attempt to forward it...but before forwarding it I click on the attachment and it opens. Also every Word or Excel doc I open appears...

"Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy"
Hello, Can someone please tell me How I can disable/enable the "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" on all users or contacts? We had a RUS issue and manually unchecked the box, now need put it back, really don't want to do that one by one for over 900 users. thanks a lot! CJ Hi, This script clear the contents os "msExchPoliciesExcluded" property for all AD. This set the checkbox ON. 1 - Change the domain name at line 07. 2 - Please try in lab first !!!! ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Const ADS_PROPERTY_CLEAR = 1 ...

Perfmon tracks network link usage per user?
Is possible to view server network link utilisation per client or computer/IP on a workgroup, windows 2003? I need to track who is using most of the bandwith on the server. thanks. You might give this a go. http://www.wireshark.org/ -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Tyler Durden"wrote: > Is possible to view server network link utilisation per client or > computer/IP on a > workgroup, windows 2003? I need...

Migrating users from 5.5 to 5.5, What needs to be copied??
We are currently having problems with our Exchange server 5.5 running service pack3. We want to migrate all the users settings to another server running windows 2000 server and using windows exchange server 5.5. What exactly needs to be be backed up so that we will be able to get all users settings from the old box??? If you're moving to new hardware, and the existing server is up to it, then you can achieve the move with practically no downtime following the Ed Crowley method... http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_appxa.htm Good luck, Chris www.msexchange.co.uk >----...

Local Exchange users not receiving mail
I've just loaded Exchange 2003 Server. We already had existing domain users in the domain so to create mailboxes for them I went into AD users and computers, selected the users object and right clicked on each user, selected Exchange tasks, then created each mailbox. That went very smoothly. However, no one is receiving email. They all send fine but do not receive. We do have a firewall and I have allowed SMTP and POP3 through the firewall. Presently we are not using Internet Email on the Exchange Server just internal email only. Can someone tell me why we can send locally...

How to prevent Internet Mail Service updating all receipients' email addresses
I've had to put another Exchange 5.5 server (ExchangeB) in my organization. We already have one Exchange 5.5 (ExchangeA). ExchangeA is having major problems and I'm looking at taking this offline. It currently acts as the bridgehead server and has the Internet Mail Service connected configured accordingly. Both Exchange servers have the same Home Site and are synchronizing and replicating between each other correctly. Mailboxes have successfully been migrated from ExchangeA to ExchangeB and the client machines are recognising this and re-configuring themselves accordingly when logging...

Check user credentials
Hi I have a database in access mdb file. In Excel I created a userform where user inputs a username and password. What's the best way to check if the given credentials are correct - in VBA of course? Kind regards IgorM Igor, Surely, you would just have a user table with passwords on the database, and check against that? -- HTH Bob "IgorM" <igorm@live.com> wrote in message news:F867CAE5-F78D-4ED4-972A-EE85A4D2BDC4@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I have a database in access mdb file. In Excel I created a userform where > user inp...

MSExchangeMGMT Event ID 7
I've been receiving the following error and can't seem to find any help on it in the Knowledge Base or via google: The Microsoft Exchange Management service denied user "sbsmonacct" access to "CN=Mailbox Store (SBSERVER),CN=First Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=SERVER,CN=Servers,CN=first administrative group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=DOMAIN,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local" because the Access Control List (ACL) for it contained non-domain specific access control entries (ACE) Any insight would be appreciated. ...

Q: Deleting the last character from text fields in excel [Us@ cod@ to @-mail m@]
I have a bunch of text with a trailing blank. How can I get rid of them? In MS word there is the ^p to indicate the end of the line. Is there something like this in Excel? Thanks! Sam (Post your replies here. My e-mail is spam proofed unless you use a code) Hi, S.V. Short of going to VBA, have you tried to insert a helper column and use the trim function? HTH >-----Original Message----- >I have a bunch of text with a trailing blank. > >How can I get rid of them? > >In MS word there is the ^p to indicate the end of the line. > >Is there something like this...

Outlook crashes of an e-mail?
Hi, my Outlook always crashes because of an corrupt e-mail which has been on the top in my e-mail directory for two weeks now. I cant get rid of it. I can�t remove it the normal way because Outlook always freezes immediately when I start Outlook. Is there any other way to get rid of this actual e-mail?? Grateful for any advice. Borje Start Outlookin Safe mode and see if you can delete it now. When you say at the "top of my email directory' - do you mean inbox? outlook version? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

Changing users Email Address, problems...
I have a user that has an email address bcastillo@domain.com. He wants his email to be billy@domain.com so I went into the AD Users & Computers and added billy@domain.com to his email addresses. I then set it as the primary, and it looked like it took it. Then twenty seconds later it changed it back to bcastillo. Any idea why this would happen? Thank you, Douglas Your default recipient policy is probably setting it back to the format specified. You can change the recipent policy or uncheck the box that automatically updates email addresses according to the recipient policy. Th...

Deleting a user account in Exchange 2003
Pretty new to Exchange 2k3, we're using 2k3 AD and I just want to make sure I'm doing this the right way... Common sense says that to delete a user account after backing up, all I have to do is delete it in the AD correct? What about the System Manager|Administratrative Groups|Servers|First Storage Group|Mailbox....do you need to delete from there too or would the first act cause a cascade effect? R Green When you delete a user account, it will "mark" the mailbox for deletion (by default). That's all you have to do. Exchange has it's own built-in Deleted Mai...

Outlook Connector
Hi, I have just installed the latest version of outlook connector (12.1) to use with my Windows live account on Outlook 2003. on a computer running Windows Vista Home Premium. I have the following error when trying to receive e-mail from my Yahoo account as well as the hotmail account. Task 'Yahoo -Sending' Reported error (0x8004010F): The operation Failed. An object could not be found Task 'Yahoo -Receiving Reported error (0x8004010F): The operation Failed. An object could not be found Task 'myname @ hotmail -Sending' Reported error (0x8004010F): The operation Fai...

HTML E-mail Blurry
I am attemting to send an HTML e-mail with Publisher 2003. When I preview the e-mail all the text is blurry. I've read previous posts and I do not have the setting (tools, options, web, send as JPEG") checked. Why is the text blurry and what can I do to send a professional looking e-mail. Thanks If you have read all the posts and replies, you should know the best way is to send the attachment as a pdf file. If you don't like the advice, don't be mad at the messenger. Mike TRM wrote: > I am attemting to send an HTML e-mail with Publisher 2003. When I preview the...

fetch mail in public folder
Hi all. I want to use a public folder to download a mail box, so that users of A.D. can view only all received email, without deleting one. For sending, only admin users will use a different Internet SMTP from their own outlook. Is it possibile? How to do - find docs for building it? Where can I put pop3 address and user/pass in public folder so that Exchange can download there the message and then share the public folder in the domain? System Win2000 server, A.D. mounted, PDC, Exchange2000 Thanks in advice, Marco ...