GAL for OWA

I have noticed that as you prepare to send a msg with OWA, when you
click on the "To" tab, the GAL (i'm assuming it would be built from the
info within AD) isn't there as it would be if you were sending a msg
via Outlook - Microsoft Mail.

Is there any way to config the GAL in OWA to behave similarly (to MS
Mail)? I would prefer my associates not have to type names (even
partials) just to send inter-office emails. I also would dread each
associate having to manually input each user in the GAL into their
Contact list. Am I looking at having to purchase 3rd party software?

And yes, I am extremely new to configuring and administrating an
Exchange server....lol.

TYIA

~occ~

0
cadams (5)

That's not a feature MS built into OWA.

Try MessageWare PlusPack
http://www.messageware.com/product_pluspack.htm
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"occupant" <cadams@pcc-collects.com> wrote in message
>I have noticed that as you prepare to send a msg with OWA, when you
> click on the "To" tab, the GAL (i'm assuming it would be built from the
> info within AD) isn't there as it would be if you were sending a msg
> via Outlook - Microsoft Mail.
>
> Is there any way to config the GAL in OWA to behave similarly (to MS
> Mail)? I would prefer my associates not have to type names (even
> partials) just to send inter-office emails. I also would dread each
> associate having to manually input each user in the GAL into their
> Contact list. Am I looking at having to purchase 3rd party software?
>
> And yes, I am extremely new to configuring and administrating an
> Exchange server....lol.
>
> TYIA
>
> ~occ~

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
3/28/2006 11:02:14 PM
Thank you very much Mr. Suneja for your help. As I learn I will try to
"pass it on" as you do.

~occ~

0
cadams (5)

Distribution list only shows up in GAL after re-boot.
I have been on a new job for about two weeks now, the guy before me seems to have had no clue when he set a lot of this stuff up. I digress, anyway, when I first got there and tried to set up my mailbox, I had to reboot the server to get it to show up. Since I have created other mailboxes and no problems. I have been working on trying to gt a distribution list to show up since last week, finally rebooted today and it showed up. Please, does anyone have a clue about this? I am moving exchange to a new box probably this week, hoping this helps, right now it resides on the DC. Any items in the ...

OWA-Outlook-Opening Email
I access my email at work using "OWA". It seems out of the blue | can no longer open an email to read it. But I can move from box t | box and even delete emails but I simply can't open one to read it no | can I compose an email. I do not have a pop-blocker. An | information would be appreciated. I also have full virus protection | My wife who logs into to her email at work with the same method i | having the same problem. And of course if I go to the local interne | cafe everything works fine. Help! ...

OWA cache
Hi, I want to cache images from OWA accessed using public network or over the internet. I am using Forms-based authentication and have following the steps for caching as mentioned in the following guide: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/isa/2004/plan/owapublishing.mspx However, when i access the site from the internet i see no images from the owa cached using cachedir. Any clues why is it not caching from internet? I guess reverse caching is enabled by dafault. any help appreciated. thanks i resolved it... i had to recycle firewall service so that entried from RAM gets ...

OWA Issues #8
I have been attempting to access my Exchange server via the web. With IE I get the "loading" error. With Mozilla FireFox I am able to gain access, send and receive emails but none of the button jpgs or gifs show up. My Exchange is behind an ISA server. I have checked all of the settings for my SMTP virtual server and they appear to be correct. i have looked at IE settings and scripting is allowed as well as all sites are set to defaults. This problem occurs with all of my end users who attempt to connect to Exchange remotely so it isn't a local machine issue it has to be either t...

OWA SETUP #6
DEAR ALL, i made my network as the following :- 1.one ( DC) win Advanced server 2000 2.one exchange server 2000 - enterprise edition-. 3.one ISA server 2000, enterprise edition. 4. 25 Clients with WinXP-Pro SP1 My domain name is hosted in USA, CIHOST Company, and the E-mail Also, i have the user name & Password for the Administrator website to my E-mail to add user or delete user. before we add exchange 2000 server, i was configure all of my client to use OUTLOOK 2003 and configured for them POP3 account for the E-mail, to let them send & receive E-mails. but after i...

How to switch to another user on OWA
We have OWA 2000 for users to access the email remotely. Some of users saved their logon names and passwords on their laptops so that they don't need to type the logon information. That is OK. But, how do they switch to another user if they logon automatically? For example, I logon myself as bob on my laptop while John wants to check his email. (We don't want to disable autologon). Any suggestions? Perhaps I need some clarifications. If you have user using OWA which is via the internet then you would want them to log into it using their credentials. This would provide additio...

OWA 2003 #7
I have set up a few Exchange 2003 servers and haven't seen this before - OWA works fine inside the network, but when connecting to the OWA directory externally, the images do not fully display. I have read a couple of articles and made sure the time was synchronized correctly with the client and server, and that the proper permissions were set on all Exchange Web directories. Is there an additional port that needs to be opened on the firewall? Like I said earlier, I've set up about 7 or 8 of these servers and this is the first time I have this problem. Thanks. ...

How to troubleshoot an OWA issue
Hello, I have several users all accessing OWA and Outlook successfully. But one user can only access its Outlook profile in exchange. OWA is not accessible for him (nor with the exact path to inbox or so). I tried to grant a different user "Full mailbox access" to the problematic user's mailbox, but still, cannot connect over OWA. (the user itself can access OWA for his mailbox). How to troubleshoot the issue (Excha 2k on srv. 2k)? O. Have you gone in to the user properties, Exchange features tab, and made sure that OWA is enabled (it's listed under the protocol...

OWA HTTP 404 Error
I have exchange 2000 server Enterprise Edition. I have several storage group. In one storage group, I create several users. But those users have problem using OWA access. They have HTTP enabled, I tried different aliases and so on, but those users always HTTP 404 - File not found, Internet Information Services. Other users in different storage group, does not have these kind of problem. Hi, Do the users with OWA errors have also an SMTP E-mail address with the same domain as the users where OWA works? (SMTP address does not have to be their default address but must exist for SMTP dom...

OWA Change Password Button doesn't appear
Hi I'm using exchange 2003 on win2k sp4, on both front-end and back-end I have created the virtual directory iisadmpwd and edited the registry so that the button should appear but nothing happends.(front-end server) I'm using swedish locales on the exchange servers. Can someone tell what's wrong? //Joakim Larsson Is owa on https? Mollerup "Joakim Larsson" <joakim.larsson@molndal.se> wrote in message news:fa2401c3f2e1$60e77210$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > I'm using exchange 2003 on win2k sp4, on both front-end > and back-end > I have cre...

OWA problem on Exchange 5.5
All of my users can access Exchange 5.5 via Outlook when logging on with their AD usernames and passwords. A problem recently cropped up. When I set up a new user, they can access email through Outlook, but cannot use it with OWA. Everything is correct in their username and password, they just cant use OWA. Any ideas? This doesnt affect existing users, only new ones. What happens when they try? CJ wrote: > All of my users can access Exchange 5.5 via Outlook when logging on with > their AD usernames and passwords. > > A problem recently cropped up. When I set up a new...

GAL update from different domain?
Hi, We have 2 offices linked by VPN over a 2mb leased line. Both offices have their own Active Directory & Exchange 2003 server and I have created domain trusts so that users in each office can access data from both. Yesterday I needed to add users from one Exchange domain to another as we are migrating users email accounts onto one box as follows: - Site A - user1@Adomain1.co.uk exchange account has been migrated to - Site B - user1@Bdomain2.co.uk. All is well and they are receiving mail and can access public folders & GAL. The problem is that the GAL doesnt seem to update since fi...

OWA Hotfix for XP Office 2003
I need the OWA hotix for Exchange 5.5. OWA keeps hanging after 2003 Outlook clients connect. "Pedro" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bbf001c48939$9b02ce10$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I need the OWA hotix for Exchange 5.5. OWA keeps hanging > after 2003 Outlook clients connect. You can get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B106C749-71F8-44CC-86CF-AB5CDA169127 Lee. -- _______________________________________ Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP: www.leederbyshire.com email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m _____...

Unable to login to OWA from a Win98 PC
Login to server via https: login prompts for user name, password, domain Next get prompt that says about to display secure and non-secure items. Cick OK Screen starts to show OWA with the divider down the left side but then it prompts for the user name and password again. It will then just keep prompting over and over. If I select Cancel instead of OK, I get an error 401. I then click the GO button and the web page is displayed without having to login again and everything is fine. I did some research with the IIS log files and it looks like the following: 2004-08-13 17:43:13 207.2...

OWA
I have a user that has removed her Folder List in OWA, can someone point me in the right location on how to resolve this? microsoft.public.exchange.clients. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Penny Miller asked: | I have a user that has removed her Folder List in OWA, can someone | point me in the right location on how to resolve this? Thanks Milly, I just posted it there. "Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...

Reduce OWA pages ?
Is it possible to reduce the size of web pages by IIS for OWA exchange 2K ? ...

OWA, ActiveSync taking long to display in Exchange 2010
Hi, We are currently in the process of migrating from Ex2007 to Ex2010. We have installed 2 new Ex2010 servers holding the CAS\HUB\UM roles, created an NLB and CASArray with them and they seem to be working fine (no errors etc). The only problem I have is that when I try to access the Outlook Web App and Exchange ActiveSync from the EMC they are not displayed. After waiting around 10 minutes, they finally appear!!! In those 10 minutes the status of the EMC is Refresh: In Progress. Anyone has any ideas? Thanks. Hi, We are having a similar situation. We just installed our fir...

GAL added to Contacts.
Is it possible in Outlook 2003 to add the GAL (Global Address List) as a Contact database in Outlook? ....adding it to My Contacts. The only place I see it now is when we click on To...in an email. Isn't it more accessible? Thanks Purtech <mikek(remove)@hlit.net> wrote: > Is it possible in Outlook 2003 to add the GAL (Global Address List) > as a Contact database in Outlook? > > ...adding it to My Contacts. The GAL _is_ a contact source just as your Contacts folder is. If you want to see it, just open the Address Book interface and it should be there. If it ...

GAL broken with Entourage 13.0.3 and EWS
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342772216_480056 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit A;;, We have discovered an issue with the GAL and 13.0.3. It appears in both 10.5.8 and 10.6.2 Macs. The GAL is very unreliable, most of the time it�s inaccessible. If we uninstall and go back to 13.0.0, it�s fine. Anyone else? Scott --B_3342772216_480056 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Conten...

OWA keeps dropping off
for some reason, periodically I am unable to access the OWA from IE. I have checked the DNS and the permanent internet connection is good. On the server I have 2 network cards, in my router the port 80/443/444 forwards to the server. It will work fine for hours and then suddenly no longer work. I am not sure if it suddenly changes broadcasting on the one network card to the other or if the bandwith is not enough, or only one user can long in at a time. Any ideas?? Can you access default website (http://server.domain.tld) when OWA becomes inaccessible? Any error message? Anything rel...

OWA; Cannot Send/Receive
When composing a new message, it will not allow a specific user to press "send". a message box pops up and displays "Resource Not Found". it saves the message in the Drafts folder. When replying to a message and the user presses "send" a message box pops up and displays "The action cant be performed" and saves the message in drafts. I have opened the mailbox in question on multiple machines and the problem follows the mailbox. I can open other mailboxes in OWA without any problems. I moved the mailbox to another storage group and the problem...

OWA with forms authentication problem
Hi I am running Exchange 2003 sp1 on windows 2000 sp4 and have been quite happily using OWA without any problems. Then to make life easier for my community I enable Forms authentication. Which I have done previously in the same manner on identical built servers in my forest without any problems! But now on this server when I attempt to access OWA I get a I.E http 500 Error and these entries within the System Log 1. Type: ERROR Source: DCOM ID: 10004 Description: DCOM got error "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. " and was unable to logon .\IWAM_"MY SER...

OWA: How do I switch of the webpage login
Hi All, I have a SBS2003 system and would like to switch off the webpage that asks for the login details and instead ask for windows authentication thru the usual login prompt? Any pointers how I can do this?? Thanks Mike In ESM, go to YOUR-SERVER | Protocols | HTTP | Exchange Virtual Server -> properties | Settings and uncheck "Enable Forms Based Authentication". Restart the VS just to make sure the changes kick in immediately. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ----------------------------------------------...

Multiple login boxes when signing in to OWA
I get multiple login boxes when logging into OWA. I am not using forms based authentication and not using ISA server. After typing my password the first time I can see the OWA screen and all the icons. I can cancel the next login and still access my email ( it will eventually start prompting me again). If I keep typing my login credentials it will prompt a total of four times. I did disable the antivirus software on the server and it didn't help. Any help would be great. Thanks, James "James" <acidflea@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u5Pj4212GH...

OWA 2007
Hi All Would someone be so kind to clarify the password changing issues for OWA2007 for me please? OWA 2007 on backend Exchange 2007 (separate servers). OWA running on W2K3 SP2 R2 IIS6 and using Forms based security. We would like to enable expired and change password at next logon feature through OWA, AND allow extended ASCII (as we've already told the business that symbols are an allowed option). Can you tell that we've recently updated our password complexity rules! This is an extremely useful blog: http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2008/12/09/450238.aspx ...