Full Text Index PF

We are running 3 Exchange servers in 3 separate sites.  Two of which
(including our main mail relay) are running Exchange 2003 while the third is
still on Ex2000.  Our public folder store size is roughly 3.5 GB.  I am
considering setting up FTI on my public folder store.  Our only desire is to
speed up the search results on a public contacts folder that is replicated
across all 3 servers.  Is FTI our best option and how much should I expect
it to speed things up?  We are seeing about 15-20 second searches (and
sometimes longer) currently.  Not horrible, but the execs want it faster.

Thanks,
Mike Abrahamson

0
mike8869 (8)

Anyone?

"Michael Abrahamson" <mike@bsmg.net> wrote in message
> We are running 3 Exchange servers in 3 separate sites.  Two of which
> (including our main mail relay) are running Exchange 2003 while the third
is
> still on Ex2000.  Our public folder store size is roughly 3.5 GB.  I am
> considering setting up FTI on my public folder store.  Our only desire is
> speed up the search results on a public contacts folder that is replicated
> across all 3 servers.  Is FTI our best option and how much should I expect
> it to speed things up?  We are seeing about 15-20 second searches (and
> sometimes longer) currently.  Not horrible, but the execs want it faster.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike Abrahamson

0
mike8869 (8)
11/23/2004 5:04:57 PM
You should check out the following Blog about getting the most out of
Full-Text Indexing when indexing a public contacts folder.  These steps will
work on both an Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003 Server.

As far as the numbers go, I cannot give you an exact number for how fast
things will speed up.

--Chris

====
Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
newsgroup purposes only.
====

> Anyone?
>

> "Michael Abrahamson" <mike@bsmg.net> wrote in message
> > We are running 3 Exchange servers in 3 separate sites.  Two of which
> > (including our main mail relay) are running Exchange 2003 while the
third
> is
> > still on Ex2000.  Our public folder store size is roughly 3.5 GB.  I am
> > considering setting up FTI on my public folder store.  Our only desire
is
> > speed up the search results on a public contacts folder that is
replicated
> > across all 3 servers.  Is FTI our best option and how much should I
expect
> > it to speed things up?  We are seeing about 15-20 second searches (and
> > sometimes longer) currently.  Not horrible, but the execs want it
faster.

> > Thanks,
> > Mike Abrahamson

0
chrisahl (67)

Formating text
I have a column full of single-word names. I want to insert a dot (.) after every two consecutive letters. For example if the name is: Amjad, then it will become: Am.ja.d Is there a quick way of doing that? like selecting the whole column then format its contents in the manner described above? Thanks Amjad Hi Amjad How about tha formula like this, assuming the single-word name is in the cell A1: =Left(A1,2)&"."&Mid(A1,3,2)&"."&Right(A1,Len(A1)-Left(A1,4)) Take the left 2 characters of A1 and add a dot and add the middle of A1 starting from the 3rd ...

Photo inserted via MailMerge prints full height but not print full width.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I make photo notecard using MailMerge to keep image, caption, etc. together. Suddenly Word prints all text correctly but shrinks the photo's aspect ratio and left-justifies the image. It's particularly puzzling because print preview shows the image at full width. How is this possible? An embedded image will resize to fit the space it is inserted into. What are you inserting the picture into? A Table? A Text Box? A Frame? Cheers On 20/04/10 8:13 AM, in article 59bb724d.-1@webcrossing.JaKIa...

Indexing in Word 2003
Our book was created and indexed using Word 2003. Now we added about 25% more content. Is there a simple way to apply the old index to the new content without doing it manually on every word or phrase? Thanks In a word, no. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Baha" <Baha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49DE73B9-9646-4082-AD49-3095125597B0@microsoft.com... > Our book was created and indexed using Word 2003. > Now we added about 25% more content. > Is there ...

Copied text opens in table box...Arghhhhhh
Hello... We have just moved over to MS Office 2003 Pro at work and publisher defaults to opening copied text in a table, and not in a text box as required. What seemed a simple procedure in Office 2000 has now become a little confusing, how can I enable any copied text appear in a text box and not a table. I have tried to mirror the work problem on my home computer, but text opens in a text box as required. Thanks This is a known issue and will not be addressed in current versions. The current workaround is to go to Edit > Paste Special > Unformatted Text into the text box. --...

Index add primary key
There are many indexes on many tables that have indexes on one column, such as name. And these are usually non-unique. If I added the PK to it (which is usually an integer), that would make it unique (Name, PK). Would that be better than the non-unique index that is smaller? I always make mine with the PK but this client has them without in many places. Thanks, Tom In line... "tshad" <tfs@dslextreme.com> wrote in message news:ObIMqmB0KHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > There are many indexes on many tables that have indexes on one column, ...

Watermark on full page
Hello. I am using Word 2003 and am trying to do something that I don't seem to be able to pull off. I am trying to create a one-page document and I want a text watermark on the page. I can figure out how to create the text watermark, but in 2003 it only gives you one line of text and it prints that line one time across the center of the page. I want to print that one line of text across the entire background of the page and make it fill the whole sheet of paper. How can I do that or is that not possible in this program? You would need to use a graphics program to creat...

Finding text using PowerPoint
Hello everybody! What is the easiest way to to find any piece of text in a PowerPoint Presentation? I would like to search for any text in all types of shapes (including smart art etc) as well as comments, notes etc. etc. etc. I have done some research but it seams that there is not a lot of information on PowerPoint. Hope to hear of someone soon!.. please! Jaco Pretorius IT Professional Home Tab > Editing > FIND? -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html ...

Disappearing Data from User-defined Text Fields
Has anyone else had data mysteriously disappear from text fields both local and enterprise? Might be a sign of file corruption. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Has anyone else had data mysteriously disappear from text fields both > local and enterprise? > Or clear out your active cache... I've seen lots of issues there... -- Regards, Ben. http://www.applepark.co.uk http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote: > Might be a sign of file corruption. > > > - Andrew Lavinsk...

Deleting original text on reply or forward
Hiya.. I have a user that, when they receive a message from a particular law firm, and they attempt to reply to it, the text from the original message is removed, though, the law firms 'disclaimer' remains intact. This also happens on forwards. This user does not have their Outlook set to remove the text in their options.. And as stated, this only happens with this particular law firm. I have opened the email message, and looked for macros, but there don't appear to be any. So.. my question is: How are they doing it? How does this law firm force recipients to lose the origi...

Custom Report based on search of Memo Text
Is there a way to build a custom report with a simple text string search on the Memo field? The memo field is commonly used to classify certain transaction outside of budget categories and such. This type of report is common in other financial software packages. In microsoft.public.money, Starone wrote: >Is there a way to build a custom report with a simple text string search on >the Memo field? The memo field is commonly used to classify certain >transaction outside of budget categories and such. This type of report is >common in other financial software packages. U...

Pasting web text into word looks horrible
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm pasting text from this forum into word, then looks horrible, bad formatting, what can I do? I don't remember this happening before. In article <59bb7b89.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, <kevs14@officeformac.com> wrote: > I'm >pasting text from this forum into word, then looks horrible, bad >formatting, what can I do? You can either choose "Match destination formatting" from the little menu that appears at the end of your pasted text, or you can initiate t...

How to specify text format when importing CSV files?
I would like to prevent Excel from attempting to interpret the data type when importing CSV files, and instead always format all fields as Text. For example, even if a csv field looks like a date, I want it formatted as Text. When importing a file ending in .txt, the Text Import Wizard lets me interactively specify each field type individually. That works OK except when I import files with many fields (100+), it is a burden to click on each field individually and specify text. Can I make Text format the default when importing txt and csv files? Thanks. I don't know of any way ...

How show table text, not auto id number
I'm in my alumni database CONTACTS table. Within this table is STATE where I have the alumni's state listed. It shows the actual NAME of the state, not the auto id number associated with the particular state. I can't remember how I set this up to show the name, not id number. I have another one that I need to change, somehow, to show the NAME instead of just a random id number. Thanks. To show the state name instead of the number: 1. Open the table in design view. 2. Select the field. 3. In the lower pane of table design, on the Lookup tab, set the Display control to C...

Further Info on changing text in one cell to to criteria of another.
I have a workbook that charts the progress of my clients. One of m cells automatically determines their age, and when they become olde than six, I need another cell's text to automatically change to "AO (standing for "Aged Out" of my program). I cannot us the functio =IF(A1>6,"AO"," ") because I already have the clients status imputed i that cell. I need it to be a type of conditional formatting or VB cod so that it will automatically change once the reach 6. I have attache an example of my workbook. It has a VB code that changes the row colo based on ...

Is there code to export to standard fixed length text file?
I can do this manually but it's more than a couple clicks. I'd like to automate this from the MDB that I can call from my C# process call or an OLE call. Thanks much! AFAIK the choices are: 1) write code in your C# application that opens a recordset, assembles the fixed-length records and writes them to a text file. 2) use the Jet Text ISAM to write the file, either by automating Access or by writing to the DAO library. Either way you'll need to provide a schema for the text file. The options are an Access import/export specification stored in the mdb file, or a schema.ini f...

OwnerDrawn ClistCtrl and full row selection
Hi all, I have an owner drawn CListCtrl in report mode, and I'm drawing the highlight for a full row selection. This seems simple enough but it really is far more complicated. Using the HDC given though DrawItem, I draw a FillSolidRect(...) with the width of the window. Unfortunately it onlys draws up to the end of the last column. At first I thought this was a clipping problem but SelectClipRgn(NULL); does nothing. I thought I'd be cleve and created a CClientDC dc(this ) to do the row selection. This does work, however there seems to be a random non drawing of certain rows. ...

Excel---Copying text from one cell a a sheet to another cell on a
I know this will sound stupid but, I cannot get TEXT that I type in one cell on sheet 1 to show up in a cell on sheet 15. Aby help?? If the cell on the 1st sheet is A1, in the cell on Sheet15, you put the formula =Sheet1!A1 On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:33:01 -0700, "Reeezzzy" <Reeezzzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know this will sound stupid but, I cannot get TEXT that I type in one cell >on sheet 1 to show up in a cell on sheet 15. Aby help?? ...

can you force long lines of text to wrap width of cell?
should i do nothing or choose the wrap text option in the format cells dialog or click wrap text in the edit menu, or right click the cell and select wrap text help? Wrap text in the Format Cells dialog -- HTH RP "excel help" <excel help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18081AAF-FD5E-4FF4-BF77-EDFF43B74901@microsoft.com... > should i do nothing or choose the wrap text option in the format cells dialog > or click wrap text in the edit menu, or right click the cell and select wrap > text help? ...

Text field designed same on Graphical report as on Text report
Would like Text fields to be designed the same when printed on a Graphical report versus when printed on a Text report. For example, on a Text report they grow as needed depending on the size of the note. On a Graphical report, you need to make the text field as big as your largest note. Then when you print the Graphical report for a smaller note, there is a lot of unused white space on the report. ...

How to link text boxes containing grouped text and photos and auto
I will have a hundred grouped text boxes and photos in my project. Each group will contain three or four text and photo boxes. These groups do not require autoflow to other text boxes. However, I will need to rearrange them and edit them in my publication. When I add a new group or move one I want the remaining boxes to flow automatically from page to page. I new to publisher and lost. Not quite sure what you are asking. If you have, say, three text boxes and a couple of pictures grouped, there is no way for two of the text boxes to be on one page and the rest of the group flow to the ...

How do I upshift text
I want to have a series of cells that, when I enter text, it is upshifted upshifted??? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "IJO" <IJO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8C0FAC1-ABF6-4001-BA52-823B570A52BD@microsoft.com... > I want to have a series of cells that, when I enter text, it is upshifted Select your range, Format>Cells>Alignment>Vertical>Top Carlos "IJO" <IJO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8C0FAC1-ABF6-4001-BA52-823B570A52BD@microsoft.com... > I want to have a series of cells that...

can't see all text in template
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel My processor is an intel core 2 duo since I didn't see that category on the drop down list. <br><br>I have a large document with templates created by someone else. In areas where the text exceeds the space allotted, I can't see the text at all. I know it is there, because if I clear that block or try to cut and paste from an HTML version, the track changes shows the text in red to the right of the block. My goal is to provide suggested edits to the originator. Can I remove the template? If I ...

Text Box
I would like to have the same size text box on multiple pages that are linked. I have tried right clicking the text box, selecting Format Text Box and checking Apply Settings to New Text Boxes, but it doesn't appear to work. When I add text to the box and it runs out of space, Publisher asks if I want to insert a new text box and connect it, and I accept, the new text box is the wrong size, and sometimes comes in with a black border rather than the no line border I have designated. Is there another method to easily accomplish what I want? I have read several posts that recommend...

Wrapping text in column
In Excell 2007, how do you set a column to wrap text? I tried it and even though it seems to allow me to do it when I select column and check wrap text from Format Cells, it doesn't work. It only works when I select one cell and select wrap text. This is a bit irritating as I have many cells in a column to do this to. Thanks, Tom I find that this happens when I paste from Word. If I have the fields set as Vertical/Top and Wrap Text - then I paste any data from Word, it goes to Vertical/Bottom and NOT wrap text. If I paste data from my Textpad program that spans multiple line...

Search text in folder of publisher files?
Can you search text in folder of publisher files. Google desktop style of program, but pub files are not on supported list. -- ks_paper ...