Front End Services Question

I was going through one of my books and came across advise that Exchange
Management, MTA Stack, and Routing Engine should be set to disabled on then
front end server.  I had never heard of this.  Has anyone else?

Fred T2

0
fredt2 (48)

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3SecHardGuide/e466094f-c287-4498-aa2b-8845d107f8f3.mspx

--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"FredT2" <Fredt2@mail.com> wrote in message
>I was going through one of my books and came across advise that Exchange
>Management, MTA Stack, and Routing Engine should be set to disabled on then
>front end server.  I had never heard of this.  Has anyone else?
>
> Fred T2

0
bharat3597 (1006)

Question about menu's.
Hi, I am currently subclassing the main window of the MSN messenger (7 beta). I have added a menuitem to the contextmenu, however I do not get a WM_COMMAND for my added menu item. There are several menuitems that do generate a WM_COMMAND message but some of them don't. For instance: 'Send an instant message' generates a WM_COMMAND message and 'Block' does not. Can anybody tell me what the difference is between these two menuitems that reside in the samen popupmenu, it's a complete mistery to me. I can also Create a complete new menu, but it would be best to ext...

Simple Powerpoint questions
1. How do I apply animation to specific words in a sentence? For example, suppose I want the final word in a sentence to not show up at first, not until I click the mouse. Here's my dumb attempt: I highlight the final word, go to Custom Animation, and click 'Add Effect' > 'Entrance' > 'Appear'. But this ends up selecting the entire sentence, despite the fact that I highlighted only the final word in the sentence. 2. I like to do everything by keyboard. But how do I get to 'Add Effect' by keyboard? I know I can get to Custom Animation wit...

Question about some addons
Has anyone had any experience with Catalog View and PIC-ME 2.0 from Retail Hero? We've used some of their other addons and love them, but I just want to make sure they're what the store needs before we purchase them. I'm the IT manager for a store that is interesting in these addons and wondering if anyone has used them and has any feedback on them that I can bring back to the store manager. Thanks in advance, David ...

Outlook 2000 Question #3
Hi, I've got a simple question that there might be a simple answer to that I just can't quite see right in front of me. I have a client that's running Outlook 2000 (with service release 3 installed...all updates done to MS Office) and it can't seem to Accept/Decline/Cancel meeting requests. The emails show up indicating time and date but the buttons do not appear to Accept or Decline the meeting. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Thanks in advance, Bobby Are they using Corp or Internet mode? Do they receive the meeting request form or a plain text message wi...

Tech assignment in service call by problem code only
Currently in Service Call Management the tech assignement filter is based on item number and problem code. It would be quite helpful if we could filter by problem code only, item number only and a combination of both. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ht...

Visual C++ question (I think)
can you have a 2-d array that is size of say: char A[50000][200]; -- ______________________ ~Beau AIM: MasterCephus beau DOT elliott AT gmail DOT com God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference. "Cephus´┐Ż" <beau@highway.net> wrote in message news:2ub4f1F27v3s3U1@uni-berlin.de... > can you have a 2-d array that is size of say: > > char A[50000][200]; > That's only 10 megabytes (well, not quite, it's 10 million bytes). Assuming that you're runnin...

Question for the real experts!
What does Excel do AFTER i calculated the sheet with (f9). (calculation is set to manual) I have the following problem: In cells F2-I5000 (and R2-U5000 AC2-AF5000 AO2-AR5000) are formulas reffering to cells in A2-E5000.(and m1-q5000 x1-ab5000 aj1-an5000) In if I clear cells A2-E5000 (and the other ranges) with a macro then before F9 it is really fast.(1 second) After F9 it's really slow(12 seconds) The marco is this: Cells(1, 1) = Now() Range("A2:e5000").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("m1:q5000").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("x1:ab5000").Se...

How To Scan that User Clicked End Process from an application
Hey Friends Is there a way to get that User Pressed End Process from the Task Manager as VC++ do during debug mode. ...

Service Calendar
Hi Can someone advise me what permissions restrict users to see service calendars only for themselves and people in their business unit. It looks like the "Service" under "Service Management" controls the access of service calendar but the only allowed permissions are none or organization. Can somone please advise me on this or confirm this. Regards Ridhima ...

MSCRMAsyncService - Cannot Start Service
I have tried to start the MSCRMAsyncService for CRM 4.0 with no luck and get this error recorded in the Event Viewer log on the machine. Has anyone had this issue before??? Any suggestions to get the service to start would be great..... Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMAsyncService Event Category: None Event ID: 17410 Date: 6/03/2008 Time: 5:01:30 p.m. User: N/A Computer: IIS1 Description: The description for Event ID ( 17410 ) in Source ( MSCRMAsyncService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages fr...

Out of Office question #2
A company manager wants to set Out of Office messages for ALL users before holidays in an international business. (Exchange 2000 environment). He wants this because sometimes his workers are away or forget to set the Out Of Office messages, and so overseas clients sometimes don't know why they are not getting a reply. Is that possible, to set one message for the entire company without doing it individually? Thanks for your thoughts. Jo Jo wrote: > A company manager wants to set Out of Office messages for ALL users > before holidays in an international business. (Exchange 2000 ...

A question for Gord Dibben
Gord, how did you become an MVP in Excel? Thanks, O -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Oliver If you mean me personally, there are probably others with the same question. If you mean "how does a person become an MVP", read the information at this site. http://www.mvps.org/about/ Gord On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 05:53:00 GMT, "Oliver Ferns via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote: >Gord, >how did you become an MVP in Excel? > >Thanks, >O ...

Self Service & Reporting
Hi all, Does anyone know if there's a way to allow a client to report on all issues for themselves and their particular company? It'd also be nice if they could submit queries online rather than just via eMail. Dre Hi Andre, You will need to do something with the SDK to achieve this functionality. Basically, take the example of inserting a case/incident and build on it. Stephen "Andre Boyle" <andre@with.us> wrote in message news:%23KkUzETqEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > Does anyone know if there's a way to allow a client to repo...

Filtering a sub-query (back-end is MS SQL)
I have a database that has an Access front-end and a MS SQL back-end. It has a report that is based on a query of the inventory table. The query (qryInventoryTransfer) also has a sub-query (qryInventoryWeights) that does some calculations for weights. When I call the main query, I limit it to just the necessary inventory items for that report (there are typically fewer than 10 inventory items out of 10,000). For sake of simplicity, let's say I just want one item: SELECT * FROM qryInventoryTransfer WHERE ItemCode = 123456 My problem is that even though the main query is l...

ctrl+end problem
ctrl+end no longer takes me to the end of the worksheet - only to the end of the current row. Ctrl+home is not working either - only to the beginning of the row. This is only in Excel. The combinations work properly in Word and other applications. ...

simple question
How can i delete a user from Microsoft CRM, we have de Demo License, now the 6 licenses are used, 2 user i dont need anymore, so i want to delete the from crm! I don't find anything! so please help! Hi Michael, deletion of users is not possible, the only thing you can do is deactivate the unneeded users. Nevertheless, if you don't assign a license and role to a user, this user is not able to do or view anything. I haven't tried anything unsupported like deletion of the user is the SystemUser table, but this may work if you make sure there is no reference to this user i...

ComboBox/Page Down Question
Why is it when you open your combobox drop down list and click pagedown it nevers works unless you select the combox box drop down list the second time, I also have a control to open my cmbCharge1Y and that does the same...........Any Help Please........Bob Private Sub cmdCharge1Y_Click() Me.cmbCharge1Y.Requery Me.cmbCharge1Y.SetFocus Me.cmbCharge1Y.Dropdown End Sub On Aug 12, 7:22 pm, "Bob V" <rjva...@ihug.co.nz> wrote: > Why is it when you open your combobox drop down list and click pagedown it > nevers works unless you select the combox box drop down list the ...

CRM 1.2 and XP Service Pack 2
After installing XP Service Pack 2, and the associated hotfix. I still get a problem using the "Home" Navigation button at the bottom of the screen on the Web Client. I get "error on page" message. Any thoughts on this? Thanks, Boolean1 Boolean1@comcast.net CRM 1.2 and XP Service Pack 2 - Hotfix 870365 Maybe be obvious, but still, sometimes we tend to forget (me first, <grin>) Did you ALSO install the SERVER SIDE hotfixes associated with the XP SP2, not just on the XP workstations? Serge On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 00:00:44 -0500, "Boolean1" <Bool...

Conditional Formatting Question
Hello, I have a spreadsheet that shows the top ten cell phone users for eac month, and I would like to apply some type of conditional formatting s it highlights all the duplicate names each with its own color. For example: John Smith = Fill Yellow Jack Johnson = Fill Green Does someone know a way I could do this? Thanks, Olimits -- olimits ----------------------------------------------------------------------- olimits7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1587 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39458 Do ...

invalid path in services
Is there a way of changing the path in the services directory for the svhost.exe file? At present the path for the file is %fystemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs but it should be C:windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs. I cannot change it is it will not allow me to do it .Is there a way round this is this will not allow me to do updates as it comes up file not found update error number 0x80070002. %systemroot%\system32 and C:\windows\system32 is the same address/location; ditto for %windows%\system root Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64...

Connection to the DPM service has been lost.
Hi, Every day at 01:00 PM we get the following error: DPM service could be running in recovery mode, which was initiated by the DpmSync tool. If DpmSync is not running and the DPM service is still in recovery mode, then run DpmSync again. Review the application event log for information about a possible service shutdown. Verify that the following services are not disabled: DPM DPM Replication Agent SQLAgent$MS$DPM2007$ MSSQL$MS$DPM2007$ Virtual Disk Service Volume Shadow Copy ID: 917 The Windows Appliation Log gives me the foll...

Exchange services would not start
Guys Recently i installed new exchange 2007 server and transfered mailboxes from exchange 2003. All was working perfectly untill i installed Avast antivirus without exchange plugin. Once i installed Antivirus and rebooted the server, all the exchange services would not start. Now i have even uninstalled the antivirus, still same issue. I can manually start the service everytime, even when the avast was installed. Any help will apperciated. Regards Preet Hi, Any events logged in the application log during a restart? Leif "Rohan" <Rohan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

new to 2005 reporting services
Can you tell me the best way to generate a series of similar reports by control group that are sent out to the users? Would you use shared data, subreports, and/or some other method to accomplish this task? There are few people at work that are new to using sql server reporting services 2005. Our first project is to produce a series of reports by two diferrent control break levels. Thus all the reports for contol group 1 and subgroup 1 reports are together. All reports for control groug 1 subgroup 2 reports are together. We are going to export these reports out in a pdf form...

Question about index usage in a query
Hi there Can someone help me with an understanding with respect to how a clustered index is being used in a query I have? I have a table with 3 columns, COL1,COL2,COl3. There is a clustered index IX_FRED on COL1 ASC, COL2 ASC I then run a query, displaying execution plan... SELECT TOP 5000 [COL1], [COL2] FROM MyTable AS D WITH WHERE D.COL3 LIKE '%X%' What I cant understand is that the execution plan shows a 'Clustered Index Seek' using IX_FRED. I can't understand why this is the case. As COL3 is not in the index, surely it would have to scan all ...

Help-newbie question
Im taking over my husband's work w/ billing, he has been using microsoft money (I don't know which one) What I am trying to do is to connect microsoft money with our banks for updates. I understand that this should be automatically consolidate itself. When I try to "update" it says that update not complete, and another screen popped out saying about upgrading bcs the program expired last year. Thank you What was your question? "Theconfusedone" <Theconfusedone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1541073B-043C-4535-B03C-B02FF62FB46A@micro...