Front-End Server? and ISA 2004

Hi

Quick question - we are upgrading two exchange 2000 servers to 2003.
At the moment we have no front end server and OWA is published for
each server seperately through ISA 2000.  This was done to avoid the
cost of another Exchange server for a front end. I would like to have
a single page using Forms Authentication for OWA - I have been told
that ISA 2004 does this - or does it?

Does ISA 2004 act as a frontend server?  will I have to configure a
front-end exchange server for this to work or have separate OWA login
pages for each server?

On 25 Nov 2004 18:47:07 -0800, ajmarriott@xtra.co.nz (Andy) wrote:

>Hi
>
>Quick question - we are upgrading two exchange 2000 servers to 2003.
>At the moment we have no front end server and OWA is published for
>each server seperately through ISA 2000.  This was done to avoid the
>cost of another Exchange server for a front end. I would like to have
>a single page using Forms Authentication for OWA - I have been told
>that ISA 2004 does this - or does it?
>
>Does ISA 2004 act as a frontend server?  will I have to configure a
>front-end exchange server for this to work or have separate OWA login
>pages for each server?

You would still need an FE in order for ISA to talk to the single
interface for mailboxes.

0
mark7219 (5666)

Outlook 2003: How Can I Leave Messages on the Server
I am using Outlook from MS Office 2003 Professional under Windows XP Home Edition. I need to download email messages from an MS Exchange Server, but leave the original message on the server for later access from a different computer. I've spent some hours on this, some calls to help desks, and tried some things, but nothing has worked. Thanks for your help, Paul tools, options, change email options... lower left if the dialog - do you have delivery set to the mailbox or to a personal folder? Change it to the mailbox. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself O...

I'm a SQL Server newbie...need help with dates
I'm using SQL 2005 Dates in Access stored as date. Imported in SQL Server using import wizard. Goes into table as 8/6/2009 12:00:00 AM my query: sum(case when transaction_date between '08/01/09' and '08/31/09' then hours else 0 end) ap2, --i get 200 which is correct sum(case when transaction_date between '07/01/09' and '09/30/09' then hours else 0 end) apQ1, --i get 200 which is correct sum(case when transaction_date between '07/01/09' and '07/30/10' then hours else 0 end) total --I get 0 why am i getting 0? thank...

How to re-download emails from server to outlook 2007
I need to re-download emails that are in the server but got deleted from my inbox some time ago. I tried http://support.microsoft.com/kb/227054 but I cant find those *.rhc files. BTW: I am paying the price of upgrading to Windows 7 and using Outklook 2007. I have ISP and the emails are available using web-email Thanks -- JuanK That kb applies to Outlook2k, not 2007 Configure Outlook with the ISP Mail account. Mail doesnt get deleted unless you delete it, excepting if its an imap account "JuanK" <JuanK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7E...

Extract phone number front block of text
I have a webpage that lists business names, address, phone number, etc. There is no definite pattern to how they entered the text. What I' like to do is something like.... -Search cell A1 for "-", return the 3 characters to the left of th "-".- In the next column do... -Search cell A1 for "-", return the 4 characters to the right of th "-".- Then I can concatenate the two and add in the area code. TIA guys/gals. PS. I tried searching but didn't know exactly what to search for an didn't get very far -- Tec ------------------------...

Report server Error 07-01-04
After Installing MSCRM I get the following message when trying to access Reports : The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content and then restart the service. Check the documentation for more information. (rsReportServerDisabled) Get Online Help Bad Data. I found "Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 842421 " that states the exact Error message but in their case it's caused because the user account that is used to run the Repo...

SFO Client to point to another server
Hello, I am running a pilot project with core users using SFO client in their laptops. However, when we eventually go live on the production server, how do i get these SFO clients to read from the new server? What happens to the data that is already present in the SFO Client? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall the SFO clients, if so, any specific procedure to do this? Kindly advise. Hi M.Babu, there will be a way. Uninstall and reinstall SFO - be sure, that the Client, where you uninstall SFO is online and the old SRM server exists. - install, Update or change to your production...

First Exchange2000 Server in Site #2
Hi! I'm migrating from MXS2000 to MXS2003 and can't find any articles about this topic. I only found some stuff for Exchange5.5. Please help! Thanxs, Peter ...

What if I want to re-download the mails I have deleted on user end
maybe it is a question about sync. how to sync with the server as if it was the first time I open WLM? Hi, Hollan. Are you using Hotmail? Or is this a POP3 email account? Or Yahoo or Gmail or ... ? POP3 is the only one that I'm familiar with. WLMail is set, by default, to "Leave a copy of messages on server". You can change this setting at Tools | Accounts | <your account> | Properties | Advanced. But, if you are using POP3 and if you have left the messages on the server, you can re-download them from there into WLMail. If that is not what you are...

connect .OST file to user profile with new Exchange server
Hi, We're migrating from 5.5 to 2003 and the mail is NOT migrating on the server side; we have been told we must use .OST files to merge the mail (don't ask!). I have zero control over this migration, except for on the workstation side. We're trying to preserve existing user profiles, convert them to the new Exchange servers (with new servernames). We have to use Cached Exchange Mode prior to and immediately after the migration to "migrate" user mail. I know this is a horrible way to migrate mail, please don't get me started on that. When I use the CMW to upd...

Moving CRM 4 database to new SQL server?
Hi! I'm trying to move the "OrgName_MSCRM" and the MSCRM_CONFIG to a new SQL server. This is how I go: - Disable Organization in Deployment Manager. - Copy Databases to the new server. - Attach databases at new server. - Edit Organization in Deploment Manager. - Wizard completes successfully. Then I want to remove the databases from the old SQL server to free up the diskspace. But when I detach the databases my CRM goes down. It says that the computer account "DOMAIN\COMPUTER$" does not have rights to the database. I have added the accounts that I found on the o...

draw a horizontal line at the end of report
My report draws vertical lines in details section. How can I draw a horizontal line after last record on each page to make the table complete? Thanks. -- Lydia Liu Access/VB Programmer Have you tried adding a horizontal line in the Page Footer? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Lydia" wrote: > My report draws vertical lines in details section. How can I draw a > horizontal line after last record on each page to make the table complete? > Thanks. > > -- > Lydia Liu > Access/VB Programmer > ...

Money 2004 Not Seeing Retirement Accounts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C4D7F2.ED9FD930 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have MS$ 2004 Deluxe and have set up multiple retirement accounts to = track. I initially set up the accounts under the Account List setup = wizard. I went through the process of setting up the retirement accounts = (selecting that it is a retirement account, 401k/403b, setting up the = funds in the account, etc.). Later on I went a set up the Lifetime = Planner.=20 The Lifetime Planner does not see t...

RE: NDR's from smtp server
I am receiving a large amount of NDR's from my smtp server. It is refusing both good and bad addresses, internal users, and users that do not exists. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. ...

offline storage of email msg with exchange server
what are the steps to store my email offline and to automatically sync it? thanks Not sure what offline means to you. If you move the outlook.pst file to another computer other than yours, outlook will ask where you moved it to when you first start outlook. You would then have to reconnect to the location that you moved the file to. Automatically sync it? With the file moved and the address of where you moved it to, outlook will always open it at the new address. Thom >what are the steps to store my email offline and to automatically sync it? Assuming you're using a lap...

Sub Accounts in Money 2004
Is it possible to set up subaccounts in MS Money 2004 Standard Edition? I can't find anything about it in the help menus or online. jh, No way to setup subaccounts, but if you post back with a brief example of what you're trying to do, there could be alternatives. Regards, JB jharris96 wrote: > Is it possible to set up subaccounts in MS Money 2004 Standard Edition? I > can't find anything about it in the help menus or online. ...

Handling open sales orders w deposits at month end
We are having a debate on how to handle these. The debate centers over doing a customization that will remove the deposits, close the orders, recreate the orders in the new month and assign the deposits back to the orders. The other side of the debate is there has to be a better way to handle this as it shouldnt be uncommon for businesses using GP to have open orders cross months. (As a business we commonly have orders that will be placed in one month and then completed/shipped several months later). Does anyone have any input for out debate? We leave the open orders on the month it wa...

Wide Area connection to SQL server 2008 Express via broadband
I have a Vb6 application that connects to SQL server 2008 Express (installed on a Windows XP box connected to a router); currently the application connects to the server and remains connected until the user closes the application (the application disconnects from the server on close). This has been working great for a long time within the local area network. Now, the user of the application opened another office in another state and would like to install the application on local machines but have the machines in the new office connect to the database in the (head) office where...

RE: migrate old server to new server
Hi, Currently my old server OS was Windows server 2003 R2 standard edition. I want to migrate old to new server. (same OS) Can Windows server 2003 standard edition backup all the data include IIhS, DNS, SQL and etc.. Best Regards. You can use a backup utility to migrate the data, but you will need to use MS Deploy to migrate your IIS6 or IIS7 configurations. If you are not sure on how to do this, go to TechNet's article http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/mscomops/cc424869.aspx Migrating DNS will depend on whether your current DNS infrastructure is BIND-based or not, but you can f...

REF: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
Hi all, I am facing a strange problem. Guess this question was asked many times and have seen the solutions already did the same but could not solve the issue. My problem is i have a front End server (Exchange 2003 sp2 and Windows 2003 r2 sp1) which is getting connected to Backend Exchange Cluster ( Exchange 2003 SP2 and Windows 2003 R2 SP1) all of them are windows 2003 enterprise edition. When i try to access OWA from front end i get OWA forms based authentication page but when i put my user name and password it gives me the following error HTTP 500 Internal server error. I have check the N...

Your Exchange Server is Unavailable (Outlook 2003, Exchange 5.5)
Hi. I recently upgraded to Office 2003. I'm running Microsoft Exchange 5.5. I have several profiles set up in my outlook. A few of them connect to the Exchange server and a couple of them are personal "internet email" accounts. When I first open Outlook, I am able to access my Exchange mailbox. However, if I close Outlook and try to connect to my Exchange mailbox again (or any of the other Exchange mailboxes), I get the message "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable" (Retry, Work Offline, Cancel). I've tried select Retry several times and it does not work. I...

I can't get SQL Server Express to start
I downloaded it an it was running, then I messed with some setting sand now it's stopped and I can't seem to get it to run again. Thanks, Allen What does the Windows event log say? Did you change the SQL Server service account, or have you changed your login password? Those are a couple of the usual suspects. "allenc" <twice.redeemed@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0e0e7bdf-6579-4ba6-a225-8a938dc836d8@j9g2000prh.googlegroups.com... >I downloaded it an it was running, then I messed with some setting > sand now it's stopped and I can't...

Access checkbox and SQL Server bit
I add 4 check boxes on a new form. These checkboxes are bound to a table that have 4 bit values (linked from SQL Server). When I click on the Field list and drag them to the form, these fields become textboxes (not bit). Why? Also, when I click on a check box and move to the next record, there is a pop up error message saying that this record has been changed by another user.... My question is how can I create checkbox(es) on Access form that are bound to bit(s) values. Thank you for your help. "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D5C8419-A4FB...

Office 2004 ST and Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
With Apple's announce to release Tiger on the 29th, does anyone know of 'ol Bill's plans to release an update? I'd love to know before going out and getting Tiger. Thanks! -chuck Look here: http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/01/11/microsoft/index.php and here: http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/04/12/mstiger/index.php Michel On 14.04.05 2:44, in article 1113443058.634159.101470@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, "chuck" <carlos.s.castillo@us.army.mil> wrote: > With Apple's announce to release Tiger on the 29th, does anyone know of > 'ol Bill's...

OWA 2003 Front End logout error
Only on my OWA 2003 front end server do I get this error: If you click the Logout button in OWA I get the login box again. If you click cancel it gives you a blank page with the error "Access is denied, but if you use the Back button in your browser you are still logged in. All three of me Exchange servers are 2003 on Windows 2003. If I logon to OWA directly to non-Front End servers the logout button works correctly. It's only on my front end server and happens using both http or https. Thanks for any advice. Make sure that on that FE server, you have anonymous set on the Exch...

Cannot Open 2002 Files in 2004
USA Money 2002. Moved 2002 files to flash drive and tried to open them using Money 2004 and I get this message "Type your password to access your files." The friedn I am helping does not ever remember using a password. I guess the only option is to use the Money 2002 program on the old hardrvie and see if that will allow us to access the file. Thanks Smith The most typical case is where you are trying to switch regions. Your second option requires that Money 2002 be installed. This sounds like you are trying to upgrade a computer. BTW you can have multiple versions of Mo...