Front End Exchange 2003 OWA for a Back end 2000

Hey everybody,

At the minute we're in the process of upgrading our 30 odd servers to
Windows Server 2003.
The Domain Controllers are still running Windows 2000.
My question is :
Can I install an Exchange 2003 OWA on a Windows Server 2003 to connect to an
Exchange 2000 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain (Native Mode)

Do I have to upgrade the whole domain first ?

What about notions of Front End / Back End ?

We would like to do this to benefit from the new OWA (As it's sooooo cool
:))

Thanks for your replies,

Mike

0
internet (2)

You can use an E2K3 FE to connecto to an E2K BE, but you
only get OWA 2K.
They say to upgrade the FEs first, but I'd suggest you
install new FEs with E2K3 and then decomission your old
FEs. This is purely financial since you needed E2K
Enterprise for an FE but only need E2K3 Standard for an
FE. You'd be wasting licence cash by upgrading. You can
then use your E2K Enterprise licence to use somewhere
else (either as-is or by a cheaper upgrade to E2K3 Ent)

0
mark7219 (5666)

Dynamics 7.0 tables in SQL server 2000
I need to know what should be the content of each of the tables with names starting with "GL" in SQL Server 2000 when using 7.0. Is there a reference that I can go to in Customersource that tells me this information? Thanks. -- Dave Christman System Developer There is an online reference: Tools >> Resource Descriptions >> Tables. Also there is a SDK avaailable on the Great Plains CD's. "Dave Christman" wrote: > I need to know what should be the content of each of the tables with names > starting with "GL" in SQL Server 2000 when...

Sync Issues Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2000
We've got a number of remote users who up until recently have bene working fine with synchronising mailboxes at home, then suddenly all users end up doing a full sync taking ages instead of a normal. Is there a setting on the serve that could of changed? Paul ...

winserver 2003 registration
I've downloaded Dynamics GP Toolkit Virtual Machine, when I log in as administrator I was told to register the windows server 2003. I tried registering via internet but it doesn't work, probably my virtual machine is not working properly. I am using VMware by the way. Is there anyway I can do the registration by phone instead? can anyone provide me with the ID to register? Thanks. Yohanes ...

Outlook 2000 shortcut no repsone
Hi all , I have problem when i in outlook 2000 using open shortcut to file in email , eg. //fileserver/share , after that i try to double click the shortcut no respond , but http://www.yahoo.com is work , i reset the IE default setting also can't work , what seem the problem , pls advise , thx Stanley ...

How to account for mail back rebate in money
I have bought bunch of stuff where i pay up front money but on a later date i receive mail back rebate. How do i account for this refund in the Microsoft money? I did not see any category or feature which supports this very common practice of mail back rebate. Is there any add on feature which support tracking of mail back rebate (whether i received or not and flags when its past due after few weeks) Thanks Parikh Enter a similar cost entry [spend, increase, etc] but with a minus value. This will give the net cost of the item you purchased. "Parikh" <anonymous@discussio...

Front-end back-end configuration
I am trying to configure front-end and back-end Exchange Configuration with DMZ. I want to enable dual authentication in which the front-end authenticates first then forwards the authentication to the back-end servers as well. I read the Microsoft Knowledge Base Q270836 and based on this I need to make some changes in the registry to specify the ports that Exchange will be using. My question is do I have to change the registry on the back-end server or on both front-end and back-end. Thanks. I would imagine that you would have to do it on just the FE, but may I ask why you want to put the ...

WIN98 Outlook 2000 Distributed Authentication Error
Using WIN98 2nd Edition and Office2000 Outlook. Dial-up connects to internet fine and operates fine, Outlook comes up fine and logs into e-mail server, however just before e-mail is supposed to start downloading I get the following: "An error occurred loading the Distributed Password Authentication Components." After clicking OK, get message box "Microsoft Server Extensions" and message "Unable to read configuration information for Microsoft Personal Web Server error code 1723." Uninstalled Office2000 and totally reinstalled, only to get the same exac...

macros have gone missing in Outlook 2003
For some reason, my macros are no longer showing up in Outlook 2003. I have no clue as to what's going on. I still have the VbaProject.OTM file in my "Documents and Settings\Walter\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook" folder, if that matters -- I can't figure out any way to make Outlook aware of it. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks, Walter ...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi, What is a simple way to check to see if a sheet of a given name is present in a workbook? Thanks, Craig Dim Sht as object set sht = nothing on error resume next set sht = activeworkbook.sheets("somesheetnamehere") on error goto 0 if sht is nothing then msgbox "nope" else msgbox "yep" end if Craig Brandt wrote: > > Hi, > > What is a simple way to check to see if a sheet of a given name is present > in a workbook? > > Thanks, > Craig -- Dave Peterson Dave: Thanks for the quick response. Works like a champ, Craig &q...

Mailshots from Exchange 2007
In SBS 2008 is there a setting somewhere in ESM that would block mailshot attempts if say it discovers that there are lots of messages being sent in short period of time? yaro "yaro137" <yaro137@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:4d2d823d-471f-4298-bfc2-c9f3b9f72b38@b2g2000yqi.googlegroups.com... > In SBS 2008 is there a setting somewhere in ESM that would block > mailshot attempts if say it discovers that there are lots of messages > being sent in short period of time? > yaro Do you believe that you are being attacked from a spammer relaying me...

Help please - tried everything - nothing works
Hi I look after a network for a charity in the UK. We recently implemented web content filtering using Webmarshal from netiq. Users now access the internet using webmarshal's inbuilt proxy server. Since introducing this, users of MS Publisher can no longer access online clipart from within the Publisher programme - by doing a search. You can however view online content by browsing categories in clip organiser. I've been assuming that the issue is with the proxy server configuration and have added various microsoft.com addresses (the ones I've found reference to in Newsgroups) ...

International Dictionary Outlook 2003 and Office 2003
Is there a way of permanently locking the Spell Check Dictionary for Outlook 2003 and Office 2003 to English (Australian)? Mine always reverts back to English (U.S.) Cheers Ian What language OS do you have? Did you check your keyboard settings in Control Panel? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Ian Mitchell asked: | Is there a way of permanently locking the Spell Check Dictionary for | Outlook 2003 and Office 20...

exchange 2003 sp1 and newsgroups?
Ok, have read the article on how to add, which is a piece of cake, as it does it for you... only issue I have is that I built newsgroup for microsoft, and it's populates outlook2003, but nothing is in there? I've looked for the obvious, and searched this newsgroup???/ AL You can't use Microsoft's NNTP server as a pull feed - they restrict it to only certain servers. Your best bet would be to find out if your ISP is set up with an NNTP server that is allowed to pull the feeds and if they will allow you to pull from them. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my ...

converting Access 2000 to Oracle/SQL Server
Could anyone give me instructions or point me to an article on how to convert Access 2000 tables to Oracle or SQL Server? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Michael. "Michael" <mdubin@hotmail.com> wrote: >Could anyone give me instructions or point me to an >article on how to convert Access 2000 tables to Oracle or >SQL Server? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Do a search at the Knowledge Base at support.microsoft.com using the keywords "upsizing" to review the various white papers on upsizing Access to SQL Server as well as to ensure you h...

No Smart Tag help: just a blank "MS Excel Help" window
When I invoke "help on this error" on a Smart Tag drop-down, a blank "MS Excel Help" window appears with no content. The general help pane that appears via <F1> etc. is fine - it's just the Smart Tag help option that doesn't show anything, just a blank window. Any suggestions? Win XP Home SP2 Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1 ...

Creating a word2000 document with access 2000 data
I have a database in access 2000 it is basically customer info. address and dates and timesof appointments. I need to place a button on the formpage that prints a letter using the customer details and the date & time entered in the database. Anyone have any clues as to the easiest way to do this.sort of done it using mailmerge but not what I want. Actually want a word document to pop up that the staff can just double check and press print. Any help would be appreciated even just a point in the right direction to a good source of information. to see if the following website's offer...

LDAP Error in Outlook 2003
I just upgraded to Office 2003, and now when I go to Outlook to try to send an email, I get an error that says "Can't contact LDAP server (81)". I can eventually send the email, but I get that message several times. -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter http://mail.giantcompany.com You receive a "Can't contact LDAP Directory server (81)" error message when you open the Address Book in Outlook: http://support.microsoft.com/default.as...

Outlook 2000 Password Problem
I have Outlook 2000 on my PC. One feature that I really like is that can type my password in once and for as long as that particular sessio is active the program will never ask me for my password again. Once leave the program the program will then again request the password fo email authentication. I have just gotten a laptop and I installe Outlook 2000 on it. The laptop makes me type in the password each time Is there a way for Outlook 2000 to remember my password each sessio without checking the Save Password box? Thanks, Chri ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message po...

Publisher 2003 won't print
I have just taken over writing a newsletter which is 8 pages with LOTS of photos and graphics. It needs to be converted to a pdf file for publishing on our web site. I tried using Publisher 2003 this last month and after many days of putting the newsletter together and getting it just the way I wanted it, it totally failed to convert! It wouldn't print to my HP 6110 All-In-One Printer either! My computer is a PC with XP and service packs 1, 2 and 3. I am using Adobe 8.0.1. What could be wrong? I was able to copy (with much exasperation) the whole thing on to Word 2003 just to get it ...

Exchange 2003 (Co-existing w/2000)
We currently have an Exchange 2000 environment. We want to stand up an Exchange 2003 server and begin to transition users over to the 2003 box. Obviously the first step would be to run domain and forest prep for Exch2003. Should this affect anything with the current Exchange 2000 environment? Thanks, Terry On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:43:41 -0500, TS wrote: > We currently have an Exchange 2000 environment. We want to stand up an > Exchange 2003 server and begin to transition users over to the 2003 box. > Obviously the first step would be to run domain and forest prep for > Exch20...

VISIO PRO 2003
Would someone tell me if VISIO PRO 2003 would work with Windows NT. Thanks. Microsoft Office Visio 2003 versions work with Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 2003 only. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "EMZ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28dc01c3e1bc$abba4b40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Would someone tell me if VISIO PRO 2003 would work with > Windows NT. > Thanks. ------=_NextPart_0001_828BD422 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding...

migrating Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
I want to run /forestprep and /domain prep in order for me to be ready to install the AD connector that would help me out with my migration. What are the cons of doing this?? is it safe. Do any have other steps in order for me to prepare for this migration? Thanks in Advance I recently loaded a 2k3 server on my doamin for a migration I'm working on. I used the checklist MS provieds and all worked well. I didn't have a single issue and the server is working well. "Juan" wrote: > I want to run /forestprep and /domain prep in order for me > to be ready to install...

Query based on multiple parameters
I would like to create a query where the user can input 2 or more parameters (part numbers), separated by comma and/or space and return information about that part. I already have a query that accepts one parameter. Is there a way to do this with more than one? I have read some posts that say to use a table to serve up the paraments and the user chooses one or more. However, a particular part or parts may not yet be in the table as they are new or unknown. Is there any way to do this without using an existing table but just accept input from the user on the fly? T...

A Customized View in Microsoft Project Professional 2003 on the EP
Dear Sir or Madam, In our company, we use MSP 2003 in a EPM. Planners customize a specific view(table and screen) and whenever they connect to the server, they want to have their own view(for instance, name, start, duration, baseline start...and on the screen comparison between plan and baseline bars and so on). I tried to develop a new table and then a new view and set it as a default view, but this is not the ultimate solution; since I want to have customized bar chart always and old projects get open in the old format. Could you please give me a hand? Regards Saeed ...

Inability to connect with exchange server using entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: Exchange I have a 2008 version of entourage that I connect with my exchange server. I added a ms office home edition to my computer, and now I am unable to connect to my server. The error message now says that I must upgrade to a std edition of office in order to connect to an exchange server. If my previous version of entourage would connect and it is still on the computer, why won't it do it now with office installed? Any advice? <br> thanks What version of Microsoft Office 2008 entourage did you down...