Free/Busy Unavailable to some clients after user mailbox was reloc

I Recently moved my group's mailboxes from one Exchagne 2000 server to
another.  I then replicated and removed this server via Uninstall.  Now, 7
out of 10 client's free/busy information is unavailable.  My mailbox was one
of them and what I did was I exported my email to a PST and then delted my
mailbox and turned around and created a new one and imported my pst in.  THat
worked out fine.  But, I don't think that is the fix for this.

There is a Microsoft article that sounds like will fix it.  Question is.
what are the repercussions in resetting the system folder?  Will data be lost?

thanks,

Jay
0
Garcia (7)

Mailboxes Permissions
What's the best method for establishing permissions to Domain Admins to open a user's mailbox without logging on as that particular user? Here is an article that goes over giving users access to all mailboxes in Exchange 2000. 262054 XADM: How to Get Service Account Access to All Mailboxes in Exchange 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=262054 Here is an article that goes over giving users access to all mailboxes in Exchange 2003. 821897 How to Assign Service Account Access to All Mailboxes in Exchange Server http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821897 -- Willie Ryder Microso...

CRM Outlook 4.0 Client Non Domain Machine
We are trying to install the Outlook Client on a remote computer that is not on an Internal network, these users are not in our Domain. We were able to do this in 3.0 using some backend configuraitons etc..., can any provide any suggestions on how to install the client without this necessary access? In version 4 you can make your CRM an IFD (internet facing deployment) which will allow users to access the CRM inside or outside the network. the user will still require an AD account in your domain (so that their crm user profile can be created), but when they try to access the CRM over the ...

List of users with special criteria
Hello All, I'm trying to generate a report with the following data: - Any user with a mailbox - Each user that has restricted external IN/OUT capabilities The following processes are being used to restrict sending/receiving internet email: Block Send: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html Block Receive: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF025.html I've been searching for about 2 hours and have come up with zilch. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Ken In the first case - to list all users blocked from sending outbound mail, you need to find the groups/user...

Approval Limit per User/Company in Requisistion Management
Would like the ability to set an approval limit per User in each company in Requisition Management. Currently you can set just one limit per user which is then global for all companies ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesss...

WHY BACKUP MAILBOXES???
Hello. I am using Exchange 2003 w/ SP2 and I backup my IS with Backup Exec, along with my mailboxes. I'm wondering if anyone out there can tell me why I need to backup my mailboxes when I can just use the Recover Deleted Items in Outlook to recover lost items. It seems to me that this is a safe, straightforward way to recover data. Any input is appreciated, thanks! I don't backup the mailboxes. waste of tape and time in my opinion. Like you say, back up the IS and have DIR enabled. "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:797E5ED4-429C-441...

Network User Rights
Can someone tell me the User Group that a Dynamics User needs to be included in to operate Dynamics? We are on V7.5, on SQL. Do the users have to be a Domain Administrator or Domain User, etc. thanks -- Doug Unless they are accessing shared files on the network, they do not need any special network rights. In fact, they may not even need to be authenticated on the domain if they are able to get an IP address. I do recommend that they are local administrators, especially if you will have VBA code. You can fiddle with the registry security instead but it makes your life more challe...

OWA
Have been using OWA for a while now...but with email addresses on one domain. I just added a new domain and added the first new email addy for that domain. I can log in fine for about 5 minutes after I create the account...then OWA just keeps returning the logon pop-up window when asking for my password. (Just as if I'd entered an incorrect password.) I'm using a very simple password for right now so that's not the problem.) All other users on OWa are working fine. AND, this new users is working fine via POP3...no problem...just can't log into OWA. Any help would be app...

Custom Workflow Assambly | Run in User's Context | IFD (it's driving me insane)
Hi , I have a problem to execute the CWA under different run user context when IFD mode is active . The CWA works fine when the authentication is NOT IFD mode, this CWA is registred to be executed under user specific (administrator) . But when we change to IFD Mode , and someone login by form, the CWA crash. Only for test propose, in the registration phase we change "Run in User's Context" to "Calling User" , and works FINE! I don't know if this is problem is in CRM 4.0 or if i'm doing some wrong... The scenarios: 1- No IFD mode - User Context : &quo...

Mailbox Limit message
Is there a way to customize the notification of user mailbox limit ? On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 06:03:02 -0700, "Sylvain" <Sylvain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to customize the notification of user mailbox limit ? There is now: http://www.msexchange.org/articles/Customizing-Mailbox-Limit-Warnings-Quota-Message-Service.html Not for Exchange 5.5. Not sure about the others. Haven't been working with it long enough. "Sylvain" <Sylvain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3D364AE-456A-4AC4-B6AB-BAC695D754FE@microsoft.com... &...

AD-On Business Contact Manager fails installation
Hello Yall, I am trying to install the "Business Contact Maneger" ad- on for Outlook 2003, but an error message keeps coming up saying the istallation operation failed. I am running a Windows XP pro system on A P4 with 650MB of RDRAM. I restarted windows and made sure outlook was not open when I started the installation, but still no go. Thanks a lot Do you have Exchange server in the mail profile? If yes, it will not install. However, if you are using Exchange from Small Business Server 2003, there is a patch available. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies...

You can build good credit the easy way. Free information.
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P><FONT face=Arial>You cannot afford to be without this information! It has saved others hundreds and even thousands of dollars!</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial>Act now by visiting </FONT><FONT face=Arial><A href="http://www.creditjeanie.com/">http://www.creditjeanie.com/</A></FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp...

CRM 3.0 Detect Outlook Client Events
I’ve created a custom field for the Appointment entity. The field is required, so the user cannot save an Appointment without entering data in the field. This works great except if a user selects an Appointment on their Outlook calendar and clicks “Track in CRM”; because CRM adds the Appointment directly to the database without showing the Appointment form. Somehow I would like to detect when this occurs, and launch the Appointment form so the user has to enter the data (maybe an Outlook plugin?). I searched for ideas on how to handle this, but I’m not having any luck. Any suggest...

Only user SA work
Hello there, I wrote a dexterity customization for GP 8. the customization works with the POP_Invoive_Entry window at the post button.I'm calling stored procedures from SQL 2000 and using memory table that i created. The problem is that every time i use the customization i get this error "A save operation failed on table POP_Receipt" , this is only happenning if i'm using a user other than SA. but everything works fine with the user SA. i used grant statement to give the "exec" permission to DYNAGRP. Thanks ...

Cannot open contacts in outlook client but can in web client
I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I've removed the pop up blocker. Nothing helps. In Outlook client, I can open CRM, I can click on the views, but I cannot double-click and open a contact, nor use the advanced find. I can even open the CRM > options fine. Everything works fine in the webclient, so it's not a pop up or permissions issue. Any ideas? ...

Knowledge Base in Outlook Client 08-09-06
Does anyone know how to get the Knowledge Base into Outlook Client? I tried removing the Client="Web" in Sitemap.xml...did not work. Thanks, -- -Nick Nick, This won't help but it seems to act in the same wasy as the Settings section?! What I mean by this, is that it doesn't appear in Outlook (I have the desktop version installed) at all, when I have Outlook running and I use IE then I can't even see Knowledge Base, but when I close Outlook and then use IE then there is Knowledge Base in the Service section under contacts but above contracts. Never noticed it b...

Invalidate for non-client areas?
Hi, I have a CView window whose NC area is handled by me. Yet, when that window is moved out of view and back in, the scrollbars are not repainted. What is the equivalent of Invalidate() for non-client areas? -- Thanks in advance, Juan Dent, M.Sc. Are you doing any custom painting of scroll bars or non-client area? This should not be an issue with any standard window. --- Ajay Juan Dent wrote: > Hi, > > I have a CView window whose NC area is handled by me. Yet, when that window > is moved out of view and back in, the scrollbars are not repainted. What is > the equivalent...

one mailbox's junk mail going to another mailbox
Hi, I am running Exchangeserver 2000 as the email server and outlook on desktops for the emails of our office. Lately the junk mails, addressed to one inbox, is going to another inbox. I have not set it up that way and i don't know how to stop it. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks a lot. ...

Client host rejected: Access denied
Hi, I've copied my email settings from outlook express (Win XP os) from my laptop to outlook 2003 (win xp os) on my new computer. I keep getting the following error: 554 <unknown[<ip address>]>: Client host rejected: Access denied Can anyone shed any light onto this? I can receive emails but I can't send them! Thanks in advance, FunkySquid FunkySquid <funkysquid@technologist.com> wrote: > I've copied my email settings from outlook express (Win XP os) from my > laptop to outlook 2003 (win xp os) on my new computer. Try importing the account with Fil...

Is it possible to use excel in a multi user environment?
I have a spreadsheet that is 408KB and growing and currently we have to log in and log out to allow another user to enter date. I would like to have several people work on this at the same time to increase productivity. Is this possible, any suggestions? -- Sonia I Tools--->Share Workbook. Careful! Some features become unavailable when you do that. Check the help file for limitations. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Sonia I." <SoniaI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2AE538E3-14A3-423E-9AC5-E484A8D27EB8@microsoft.com... > I...

importing organization and updating users takes too long
hi, before we have MSCRM 4 in 32-bit and SQL Server in 32-bit. Backup the organization database and restore it in 64-bit SQL Server 2005. We also re-installed a new Windows 2003 64-bit with MSCRM 4.0 on it. We tried to import the restored organization into this new environment but it takes too long for the "Updating User" progress.... Currently the database is about 54 GB in size. Please advise. What do you call "too long" - I would expect a "lot of hours" Pete Benjsoft wrote: > hi, before we have MSCRM 4 in 32-bit and SQL Server in 32-bit. Backup th...

Can't access Business data
I can sign in to MS Money, but when I click on "Business" to access the invoices & reports I need to do my 2006 taxes, I get an error message that says "MSMoney.exe Entry point not found." Below that it says "The procedure entry point ?FInitDuelCat@CMoneyDuelCat@QAEHPAVCListCAT...(I didn't write the entire thing out--it's very long)." I need to access these records to report our income from our business. Can anyone help? In microsoft.public.money, MicheleFields wrote: >I can sign in to MS Money, but when I click on "Business" to ...

Free tutorial
How can I find a fine tutorials/ebboks for batch and shell programming for dos and windows . I have a unix shell programming background . Thanks happytoday wrote: > How can I find a fine tutorials/ebboks for batch and shell programming > for dos and windows . I have a unix shell programming background . Where can I find online tutorials to learn unix shell programming? -- Todd Vargo (Post questions to group only. Remove "z" to email personal messages) --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net --- happytoday (ehabaziz2001@gmail.com) ...

adding conflict between two users
I have DB(Access 97) where multi- user work in a network.Today, I encountered this problem.Two users were in it and do edition and adding a new data on the sameform at the same time.User 1 was adding data on the form (just say form A) and user 2 wasadding data as well on the same form(A) at the same time.The problem is that user 2 could see data entered by user 1 on thatform(A) at that moment.As I know, access handles problems like this by itself. Ex) provide awarning...Or something I have to check VB code?My question?Are there Adding conflicts in ACCESS 97 (windows XP) between multi-user in ...

Adding Disclaimer to mailboxes
Hi folx; How do I add Disclaimer text to every outgoing email at Exchange server level. or is it possible? I have exchange 2k3 standard. Thanks for your help chet Hi, You can try EventSync registration like in article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317680 I did in Exch2000 and worked. Try in lab first. Cesar "Chet Guzel" wrote: > Hi folx; > How do I add Disclaimer text to every outgoing email at Exchange server > level. or is it possible? I have exchange 2k3 standard. > > Thanks for your help > chet > > > Hi Chet, ...

Can someone tell me if this is possible
Hi, Where I work we get a lot of users requiring access to shared mailbox's. As a result I was wondering if there is anyway that I can send an email to the users requiring the shared mailbox added to their outlook profile with a link to a script/batch file/form that will add the mailbox as an additional one under their profile. I've searched both these groups and the web and this looks like it may be possible but I just cannot get a concrete answer. Thanks for any help in this matter. GC You can probably add a mailbox using a batch file but remember, Outlook will bar access ...