Free/Busy published

Hi Everyone

Would just like some comments on the following:
One of the divisions in our Group has asked that the default amount of
published inofmration in Free/Busy be changed from 2 months to 4 months.
Acoording to this article this can be done using a Group Policy:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/867504/

Now this will effect approximately 3000 users (We have approximately 20000
users in total)
I would like to know what kind of impact we could expect or what concerns we
should take into consideration before doing this.

Obviously this will effect public folder size and replication, but is it a
lot to worry about?

I would appreciate everyone's views.

Regards
Brendon
0
BrendonB (22)

The free/busy information is fairly efficiently stored and 4 months isn't an
unreasonable number to increase to.

You might be talking about an increase from 3MB to 6MB if it truly doubled,
but the fact is that it won't double because people have fewer things
scheduled further out than they do near term typically.

I suspect your other public folders and basic mail traffic far exceed what
this will add.

Andy

"Brendon B" <BrendonB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone
>
> Would just like some comments on the following:
> One of the divisions in our Group has asked that the default amount of
> published inofmration in Free/Busy be changed from 2 months to 4 months.
> Acoording to this article this can be done using a Group Policy:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/867504/
>
> Now this will effect approximately 3000 users (We have approximately 20000
> users in total)
> I would like to know what kind of impact we could expect or what concerns
> we
> should take into consideration before doing this.
>
> Obviously this will effect public folder size and replication, but is it a
> lot to worry about?
>
> I would appreciate everyone's views.
>
> Regards
> Brendon