Free/Busy Permissions #2

When a user running Outlook XP or 2003 schedules a meeting and views other
user's (invitee's) free/busy information - I would like for them to be able
to hover their mouse over the invitee's meeting (blue box) and read the
details of the meeting.

I understand that by default user's calendars are not publically viewable
and I am aware that users can go to the properties of their calendar and
change the default client permission to editor or reviewer.  What I'm looking
for is a global way to set this permission for an Exchange Organization,
Administrative Group, etc..  For example, if I want all members of my IT
group to have the ability to mouse-over and view the contents of free/busy
info for any user in my organization - can a permission be set from ESM or AD
that would be equivilant to going into every single user and adding that
group as an Editor in the calendar client permission?
0
ScottM1326 (17)

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:43:02 -0700, Scott_M
<ScottM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When a user running Outlook XP or 2003 schedules a meeting and views other
>user's (invitee's) free/busy information - I would like for them to be able
>to hover their mouse over the invitee's meeting (blue box) and read the
>details of the meeting.
>
>I understand that by default user's calendars are not publically viewable
>and I am aware that users can go to the properties of their calendar and
>change the default client permission to editor or reviewer.  What I'm looking
>for is a global way to set this permission for an Exchange Organization,
>Administrative Group, etc..  For example, if I want all members of my IT
>group to have the ability to mouse-over and view the contents of free/busy
>info for any user in my organization - can a permission be set from ESM or AD
>that would be equivilant to going into every single user and adding that
>group as an Editor in the calendar client permission?

Try pfdavadmin
0
adavid (8731)

NESTED IF STATEMENTS #2
Having a little problem in an excel class, hoping someone might be able to help. I'm trying to fill in the discount column on a spreadsheet with the following info. The problem states use a nested form of the IF function to calculate 15% if Amount is greater that $300., 10% if Amount is greater than $100., and 0% if Amount is less than $100. The Amount column is cell D5. Anyone know how to write the formula and explain how to go about it? Any help would be much appreciated. Let's see. This is homework so you should come up with the answer yourself. Did you start by looking in the he...

Multiple PST Files #2

lost menu bar #2
HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet and I can't seem to find anyone to help me get it back. The menu I am missing is the one that includes - File, Edit, Insert and etc. I have tried...right clicking - customize - toolbars, but I don't seem to have the needed item. Anyone with suggestions - please reply... Thanks. Hi if you right-click on the menu bar you should see an item like 'General'. Check this item -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany JoEllen OSBDC wrote: > HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet > and I can't s...

Business investment accounts?
Does anybody know how to add an investment account under the business catergory? Money forces you to make them personel accounts and I am becoming extremely frustrated. Doesn't anybody at Microsoft realize that companies make investments too!? I am new to this program, but I cannot find it either. My guess is that = Home and Business is designed for small home businesses that are not too = far along. If your company is far enough along to have its own = investment accounts (are you incorporated?) then you probably need to go = to something like Quickbooks and separate your business a...

Thread Synchronization #2
Hi, I have a shared resource, say a file which is to be accessed between multiple threads. There are say 20 Read threads and 1 Write thread. When the Write thread is writing into the file, the Read threads should be blocked, and when even 1 read thread reads, the Write thread should be blocked. The Read threads can read simultaneously, but only say 5 at a time. What kind of synchronization mechanism can I use for this? TIA, Sucharit You can create a mutex a adquire it when a read operation start, check it before start any write operation. You will need another mutex ...

using dates Part 2

Send 1 address to 2 mailboxes
I want to create an address and have any mail sent to that address delivered to two separate users' mailboxes. How can I do that. I've tried simply adding the address in the two users' "Email Addresses" tab in the User's properties of ADU&C. But it wouldn't allow me to add the same address to the second user ("This email address already exists in this organization"). I've also tried creating a new user for the address and forwarding the email to the 2 other users (Exchange General tab - Delivery Options button - Forward To field). But ...

money2004 Business
I currently use Quicken Home & Business, which doesn't really work well for consultants. I need the ability to record time by date that will display on an invoice, not just by item/category. I'd rather not run a separate invoicing software, if possible. Does Money2004 Business support this functionality? It's not clear on the promotional info online. Thx Yes, it does. But beware, MSMo's create invoice feature leaves a lot to be desired. It may work for you, but it didn't work for me. I ended up designing my own invoice routine in Excel. >-----Origi...

Publisher 2000? #2
Is there a place where I can still get version 2000? I've been looking, but all I can find are updates and the 2007 trial. My computer can't run 2007. *If* if can be had, try something like eBay. (I wouldn't buy software that way but that's just my preference.) You may find you have better luck finding a leftover copy of Pub 2003 from some online retailers. (I actually prefer that over 2000.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Compare 2 different workbooks with the result in a 3rd
I have two workbooks (2005 Sales, 2004 Sales), which track daily results in half hour intervals. I want to be able to show the increase in 2005 in a 3rd workbooks. The first two workbooks are identically formatted. How can I do this? Many thanks to all in the forum who have helped in the past. If the data is in exactly the same position in the two worksheets you could copy/paste one's data to a new worksheet and then copy the second's, doing an Edit, Paste Special, Subtract on top of the first's data. This is admittedly crude but it is easy to do. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP &q...

import from eudora #2
I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in outlook. I want to move all of my mailboxes to outlook. Eudora does not have an export function. Do I need to go through something else, such as Thunderbird. I can't use Outlook Express, because it only imports through Eudora v3.0. I have 4.3. Any thoughts on this? "Nate Rosenthal" <ncrose@comcast.net> wrote in message news:IOmdnV5bH5fEddbVnZ2dnUVZ_rbinZ2d@comcast.com... >I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in >outlook. I want to move all of my m...

Excel AutoSave #2
In Excel 2000 was this feature available? User is not seeing it. Excel 2000 had the AUTOSAVE.XLA Add-in Should be in Tools>Add-ins. If not available there, do a file search on your computer. If not there, install from the CD. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 6 May 2004 13:26:16 -0700, "Ssolano" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Excel 2000 was this feature available? >User is not seeing it. ...

downloading #2
I have attempted to download bank statements into Money 2001. Although my bank shows the statements were downloaded, nothing appears in Money,and I am not offered any opportunity to review or add the transactions. Does anyone have any advice. I am familiar with how it is supposed to work, for I had downloaded statements successfully in the past. ...

Missing send/receive button #2
After I installed Outlook 2003 on a new computer and migrated my data file, there's no send/receive button when I click on personal folders in Mail and it doesn't appear on the tools menu. I've done reinstall/repair twice without fixing the problem. Is there some configuration procedure I need to do? Thanks for any help. Windwatcher wrote: > After I installed Outlook 2003 on a new computer and migrated my data > file, there's no send/receive button when I click on personal folders in > Mail and > it doesn't appear on the tools menu. I've done reinst...

Syncronizing Outlook Contacts with Quick Books Pro #2
I am unable to get "home" addresses in Outlook Contacts to show up in Quick Books Pro. Only the "business" addresses show up. HELP!!!! which version of outlook and did it ever sync all the addresses? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "Curtis&qu...

playing sounds in email #2
I wonder if anyone can please help me to know how to send an email which will automatically play a sound file when it is previewed or opened by the recipient I have received such emails occasionally, and I now have a serious reason (as opposed to a 'fun' one, which is what all these others were!) to want to do this. Thanks, Jeff ...

Remote ActiveSync User Permission Errors...
Hello, We recently purchased a few Motorola Q smartphones for our users. I already have a PPC-6700 that I've been using Exchange ActiveSync on for about 10 months. It works fine. So, I installed the same certificate on the Motorola and provided the end users username and password, entering it exactly as is on mine. It gives the 0x85010004 error...."Your account in Microsoft Exchange Server does not have permission to synchronize with your current settings. Contact your Exchange Server administrator" So...the first thing I did was check Mobile settings for the user...

Business cards & printing
I have formatted some business cards with Publisher 2003 for a friend and she wants to be able to print them off from her computer. However she does not have MS Publisher, MS Word. She will probably purchase one of the Avery packages from an office supply. Is there a way I can save the file ready to print the cards with the proper number per page and convert it to jpg so she could use it? Thanks for information. Susan Hi Susan (dsnsacree@msn.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have formatted some business cards with Publisher 2003 for a || friend and she wants to be able to print ...

CColorDialog #2
I am trying to work with the CColorDialog in an MFC app and everything is going fine, except I would like to change the title of the dialog so that instead of "Color" I make it say what I want it to say. Seemed easy enough to do, but no. Not much info on the web unless I am searching for the wrong kinds of info. Of course, it derives from CWnd, so I tried SetWindowText(), but that failed and I assume it is because the handle to the color dialog doesnt exist until you call DoModal(). Thus the call to setting the window text fails because there is no window. So, what are th...

Up-side down Graph #2
Hi, How do I make an Up-side down graph. (with y-axis values shown on the opposite direction). Hi, Double click the axis and on the scale tab check Values in reverse order. Is that the upside down you want? Cheers Andy excel_hari@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi, > > How do I make an Up-side down graph. (with y-axis values shown on the > opposite direction). > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi Andy, Thanks for the solution. its been a great help. Regards, Hari India Andy Pope wrote: > Hi, > > Double click the axis and on the scale tab ...

Installation CRM 1.2 on SBS2003 SP1 fails, please help
At the end of my installation I get an error windows with; Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server Setup was unable to provision your organisation Setup was unable to create user settings. Access is denied. (80070005) Active Directory is in native mode I am installing as the administrator (domain admin) security account for services in Local System account Local System account and computer are added to the Pre Windows 2000 comp group Thanks in advance for any support Marc Did you enter your organization name precisely the same way it appears on your CRM 1.2 licenses? -- Matt ...

cross hairs when I print #2
How do I get rid of the cross hairs when I print sciacqua1 wrote: > How do I get rid of the cross hairs when I print File > Print > Advanced Print Settings > Page Settings > Use Crop Marks. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

*bubble - SCRIPT
Hi all ! The Kurt Grigg BUBBLES SCRIPT is a wanna-have to me... I downloaded a stationery for Outlook Express with the bubbles-script in - here : http://www.finelettersforyou.com/Artists/_penny_parker/penny_parker_Beauty_underthesea.html Only, if I use the stationery - the bubbles seem to vanish...!! The RECEIVER's inbox shows only those terrible RED X-es. Could you help me with this problem? Please??? Big Belgian Thanks ! So sorry !! And no, don't say anything... Posted it by mistake. I feel like a real dummie now.... ...