forwarding question for exchange 2k3

I have a new Exchange 2k3 server up and running.  I am looking to add email addresses for folks in our sister company and route the messages to them.  For example I wish to have johndoe@xyz.com (my domain) route to johndoe@xyz.de (sister domain).  Can this be done without creating full mailboxes for those users?

Thanks
JP
0
anonymous (74722)

You can add Active Directory contact objects into your
domain for the sister company. If there are shedloads you
can consider using something like SimpleSync www.cps-
systems.com to do regular synch ups between the two
domains. If the two domains are only liked via the
Internet then you don't need to worry about specifying
routes between the two.

0
mark7219 (5666)
12/8/2003 6:05:06 PM
Are they at the same system infraestructure or at another location?

"JP Hernandez" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a new Exchange 2k3 server up and running.  I am looking to add
email addresses for folks in our sister company and route the messages to
them.  For example I wish to have johndoe@xyz.com (my domain) route to
johndoe@xyz.de (sister domain).  Can this be done without creating full
mailboxes for those users?

> Thanks
> JP

0
vnavarro (3)
12/8/2003 6:10:41 PM
Thanks for the reply Mark.  So if I add a contact, any email directed to the contact (even SMTP traffic from the internet) will be routed to the email address specifed when you create the contact

0
anonymous (74722)
12/8/2003 6:16:08 PM
No Victor.  Two separate mail systems.
0
anonymous (74722)

Exchange 2000 Database Name
I'm trying to run a repair on my Exchange 2000 database (eseutil.exe). It is asking for the database name. How do I know what is the database name? Pull up properties on it in ESM - click the database tab. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Sam" <sam_nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uNh9Joq...

Exchange information Store Corruption
I have an information store (priv1.edb) that seems to corrupt weekly. I am running SBS 2003 sp1, exchange 2003 sp2, running on a dell 1500 sc, Perc3sc raid controller in a raid 5 configuration (5 drives, 2 x36gig 10000rpm, 3 x 36gig 15000rpm). I am at a loss as to explain why this is happening, the priv1.edb file is slightly over 1 gig in size, i am on occasion able to repair using eseutil, but then other times it is not repairable. I have worked with microsoft on one occasion and the end result was to recreate a new store and start over. We did so (at great inconveniance), worked f...

Exchange 2003 Public Folder Limit
Hi, I have a folder in our public folders that I use to post documents. It will not allow me to post more than 100 documents in this folder. I have 120 documents that I am trying to insert into the message but it always fails at document 101 with the message " the operation failed". All combined documents are only 3 megabytes and my limit is 20 megabytes so it is not a "storage limit". I've tested it in several different ways, folders,types ect. and it always fails at document 101. Somewhere in there is a limit of 100 on how many attachments you ...

MX record question #2
I have one windows 2003 and one exchange on the same server need to receive the email from Internet. Did I need to setup a MX record in my own DNS server point to my own server. Or only need to add a MX record in the ISP to point to my server Internet IP address ? or both needed? thanks in advice. lamlam wrote: > I have one windows 2003 and one exchange on the same server need to > receive the email from Internet. Did I need to setup a MX record in > my own DNS server point to my own server. Or only need to add a MX > record in the ISP to point to my server Internet IP addre...

Multiple Domains 1 Exchange 2003 server
This is a little odd and I am growing frustrated, perhaps someone here has a solution. I have one Exchange 2003 server with 2 domain names for emails. Setting this up was simple enough and people get emails to both domains. Here is the problem we are having. Joe has two email addresses, joe@abc.com and joe@xyz.com. joe@abc is the default. Now an outside person sends Joe an email @abc.com. It bounces back with the error: RCPT TO generated following response: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for joe@abc.com However if this same person send an email to joe@xyz.com it works fine. Let me also point out ...

Forward selected attachments from another email
I received an email with 10 attachments, and I want to forward 5 of them to someone. How can I select the attachments and send in a new email? I am using Outlook 2003. In Outlook 2000, I can do <Ctrl> + highlight the attached files, but can't do it in 2003. Any suggestions? "Tiffany" <tiffany@vpvp.com> wrote in message news:%23azaniUFFHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I received an email with 10 attachments, and I want to forward 5 of >them to > someone. How can I select the attachments and send in a new email? I > am > using Outlook 2003. In...

Exchange 2007: pop3 connector
What can I use best for downloading internet mail that is processed by my Exchange 2007? Thanks On 9 Dec 2006 16:52:38 -0800, "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote: >What can I use best for downloading internet mail that is processed by >my Exchange 2007? >Thanks Well, SMTP direct delivery is best and it's best to deliver it to an Edge Server but if you have no choice but to go with Pop3 then any of the existing connectors are fine, such as POPCON and POPBeamer, because they take the Pop3 and deliver it as SMTP to Exchange. Thank you for the advice. I use a pop c...

outlook on a network question
Hi, I have outlook as bundled with office 2000 on our pc's at home. What I'd like to do is to have the messages and address book one once pc, that is accessed from both. I did have this working a couple of years back, but we changed the setup. How can I tell one of the installations to use the data as stored on the other pc? I do know that you can only run outlook on one pc at a time using this facility. Thanks Is Outlook 2000 configured in Corporate/Workgroup or Internet Mail Only mode? (See Help | About Microsoft Outlook. Second or third line should state the mode Out...

2003 to 2000 security question
To make a long story short I am trying to work with our Quality department to get all of our quality records available on a shared drive. To do this we need to make sure that they cannot be modified. Currently Office 2003 (specifically Excel) has the security needed to prevent users from copying the form to another Excel worksheet or workbook and making modifications. However, if the same file is opened in an earlier version of Excel, the same security does not function and the cells can be copied and then modified. Is there a way i can prevent this from happening with out having to ...

Exchange 2000 Journaling/Monitoring
I am doing some research an an e-mail archiving system and need to determine how much mail is coming/going on my server. I am aware of the Exchange Message Journaling capability, but I really don't need to capture everything at this time. I just need to know how much data there is. Any easy way to do this? Thanks! So you want to find out how many messages your server is processing, correct? There are several perfmon counters that should help you here. Unfortunately, you're going to find that native reporting capabilities here are virtually non-existant. Aside from revie...

Exchange Snap-in
Hi All, I was wondering if there was a way to enable the Exchange 2000 server snap-in for MMC on a Windows 2000 Professional workstation. If so, how would I go about doing this? Thanks Vu One of the prerequisites is the Microsoft Windows 2000 Adminpak, see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;261177 Also see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289835 As long as you meet the prerequisites you should be able install Exchange System Manager on a Windows 2000 Professional box. Paul Ford Edge IT Ltd "Nu2Exchange" <Nu2Exchange@discussions...

Moving Exchange accounts in 2000
I am currently trying to move a number of Exchange accounts, however some of those accounts believe they are on an Exchange 5.5 server that no longer exists. Using AD I cannot delete or move the exchange part of these accounts unless I delete the account entirely, which I don't wish to do, does anyone know of a way to cancel out the Exchange settings on those accounts? On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:15:03 -0700, "Fate_of_Tai-Eliel" <Fate_of_Tai-Eliel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am currently trying to move a number of Exchange accounts, however some of >those ...

Sent Items Not Syncing with Exchange
I have recently re-installed O2k3 on a laptop. My offline Sent items have not updated fully in the 4 weeks since I have installed it. At the moment it has only updated through December 10th of 2003. Every time I do a manual Send/Recieve it will take 4 or 5 more messages and then stop syncing... Is there any way I can get it to sync all the files? Oh, Exchange version 5.5 at the moment.... Are there any errors listed in the Sync folder? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slip...

Money 2003 Question #2
My computer froze and shut down with Microsoft money open. When I reboot and tried to open file it gives me an error "Money has detected that you did not close the file before exiting. Money now needs to verify the information in your file. Chose Yes. When I chose Yes, it says "repairing file" and then gives me the error that the password I entered was incorrect. Can anyone tell me how to prevent this situation? It's happened several times and takes me a long time to update my file from a back up version. You might want to try renaming the client.xml file. I...

wasy macro question
I used the macro recorder to get the code to resize columns on a worksheet Cells.Select Range("A1766").Activate Cells.EntireColumn.AutoFit What I don't understand in the Range. It's seems to be referring to a single cell. Could someone explain to a VBA newbie? I'm importing a text file and I want to resize the columns after import. I have the import working just need this one last thing. The worksheet will always have the same number of columns but the number of rows may vary will the above code still work? gls858 gls858 wrote: > I used the macro reco...

Exchange 2007/spam/windows mobile
I have just installed Exchange Server 2007 and have moved a couple of mailboxes over to it for testing. I am using the Anti-spam built into EX2007. When a mailbox receives spam, it goes to the Junk Mail folder in Outlook, but it is hitting the Inbox first. I have a Windows Mobile device setup to sync to the Inbox (I checked to make sure that the Junk Email folder is not selected and it is not). I have 2 different problems, but I believe they both are related. The first... when the spam message hit my mailbox, they are first hitting my inbox real quick and then being moved the Junk ...

Exchange 2007
Hallo. we have enabled recipient filtering for our organization as we are requested to reject with a SMTP connection error messages addressed to non existent recipients as follows: EMC - Organization Configuration - Hub Transport - Anti-spam - Recipient Filtering enabled Block messages sent to recipients not listed in the GAL Still, if I telnet on port 25 I get a 250 2.1.5 Recipient OK message to a RCPT TO:non_existent_user@mydomain.com We have 2 Exchange 2007 SP1 servers: both are HubTransport+ClientAccess+Mailbox+UnifiedMessaging Exch1 is Windows Server 2003 Ent R2 SP2 ...

tighter exchange integration??? 12-10-03
Has anyone thought of trying to build a bit tighter exchange integration? Like when a task is created in CRM having it go to exchange too? Etc? ...

Text Formula Question
In COL A, I have a list of 2 and 3 digit charactors. I would like to seperate each string into the three adjacent columns. KQ AJs TT 89s KQ K Q AJs A J s TT T T 89s 8 9 s I know that I can use the Left function for the first col, but cant figure out how to get just the middle or third letters. Thanks in advance, Andrew Check your last post! -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ------------------------------------------------...

duplicate junk folders in Exchange mailboxes
Hi, Some of the users of our Exchange 2003 (RTM) suddenly startet to find a duplicate Junk Email Folder with a "1" at the end (something like "Junk Email1", though it's a localized version of Exchange so it's not in English). I have read some issues leading to duplicate folders but all seem to be related to the Outlook client, which is not used in our case (all accesses to these accounts with duplicate folders are done through OWA). I tried to connect to these accounts with Outlook 2003 with different command-line switches (like /ResetFolders, etc.) but with...

KBV- vlookup question
In the vlookup formula, the range entered includes the columns that need to be searched for matching or similar values and the range also includes the column from which the corresponding value has to be returned. What if there are 2 or more columns within that range that match the lookup value? How does excel handle that? According to Help for Excel 2003, VLOOKUP "searches for a value in the first column of a table array." It only searches in that column for the lookup_value argument. -Ryan KBV wrote: > In the vlookup formula, the range entered includes the columns that ne...

Exchange 2K3-Mad.exe memory creep
For the last two weeks, I've been watching my mad.exe creep up in memory...like it's got a memory leak. It grabs so much memory (150Meg+ for a 2-user home/lab system) that it keeps causing my page file to grow. If I reboot, the memory gets reclaimed and it begins to creep steadily upward. Any ideas? Roger ********************************************************** *Roger A. Grimes, Computer Security Consultant *BanneretCS, LLC *CPA, MCSE:Security (NT/2000/2003/MVP), CNE (3/4), A+, Network+, Security+ *email:roger@banneretcs.com *cell: 757-615-3355 *Author of Malicious Mobil...

MS Outlook 2007 mis-type exchange criteria
I have evidently mistyped some data for MS Outlook when setting up an exchange account during a new install. The application completed the first run of the install but when it restarted it can not get past the splash for Configuring Outlook. I do get a sign in dialog box but entering the user id and pw only errors pop up until the app closes down, There seems to be no way to get back into the account set up screens or anything else for that matter to try to correct the problem. I have uninstalled the suite and re-installed but evidently some of the original reg information is ret...

Masquerade Domain in Exchange 5.5
I need to know how to masquerade a domain in Exchange 5.5 ...

hwnd question
hwnd hA was created in process A hwnd hB was created in process B Q: is it legal for A to parent B ? Yes it is legal. But keep in mind these points. One thing to remember is that the child window sends message back to it parent. When your child window sends a message to it's parent window, the thread that the child window is in will block until the message is processed by the parent in a different thread. And be careful to destroy the thread with the child window before you destroy the parent window! Ali R. "anon" <someone@internet.com> wrote in message news:Oz3%23...