Forwarding or Alias, sending mail outside Exchange

Hello Everyone,

I'm using Exchange 2003 on Windows SBS 2003.

We have an employee that we'd like to avoid giving access to OWA for,
but we'd like him to have an account @ourcompany.com, and have that mail
go to his hotmail.com account.

Review: Mail sent to Tom@OurCompany.com is sent to Tom@Hotmail.com.

Can I do this using Exchange?
Do I need to set up a user in Active Directory and set up an exchange
account for him and then a rule to forward all of this mail to
Tom@Hotmail.com?
I would prefer it if there is a way to forward all incoming messages
addressed to tom@ourcompany.com to tom@hotmail.com without creating an
account and other objects that wouldn't be used in the future.

Ideas?  Thank you!

Richard
0
none6758 (26)

rj wrote:
> I'm using Exchange 2003 on Windows SBS 2003.
>
> We have an employee that we'd like to avoid giving access to OWA for,
> but we'd like him to have an account @ourcompany.com, and have that mail
> go to his hotmail.com account.

Refer to MS Knowledge Base article 281926
0
jose1 (3)
7/14/2004 5:04:19 PM
Hi Jose,

Now I'm starting to feel a bit lost here.  I looked at KB281926 which
was an excellent resource, thank you.  However I'm having problems with
some of the steps.

The PreRequisite according to the article is that I am using a computer
that has Exchange System Manager and Active Directory Users and
Computers snap-in installed.  I have both, however it appears I am
missing options discussed in the article.

1) Under "How to Mail-Enable a Contact" it comes to Exchange Tasks after
the contact is created I am not presented with a "Create The Exchange
Mail Address" option, the only two Exchange tasks I get are regarding
removing the contact.

2) Under "How to Configure Mail Forwarding" there are no "Delivery
Options" under the "Exchange General" tab of the contact.  I'm not sure
if this was because I was unable to Mail-Enable the contact from the
previous step.

Any help you or anyone else could provide would be appreciated!  Thank you!

Richard

Jose B. Chua wrote:

> rj wrote:
>
>> I'm using Exchange 2003 on Windows SBS 2003.
>>
>> We have an employee that we'd like to avoid giving access to OWA for,
>> but we'd like him to have an account @ourcompany.com, and have that
>> mail go to his hotmail.com account.
>

> Refer to MS Knowledge Base article 281926
0
none6758 (26)

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Inbox send/receive syncronizing

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

forward to: field
Hi Everyone, im looking for the AD attribute in which the 'forward to:' field of the delivery options is stored. Thank you in advance kind regards marc -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Its in the altRecipient attribute. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Marc Wenger" <haga(at).iesg--nspm-noa9h.gmx.ch> wrote in message news:opr64hs7z6fyi4rt@news.microsoft.com... > Hi Everyone, > > im looking for the AD attribute in which the 'forward to:' field of ...

Auto-Forward of Meeting Responses
We are running Exchange 2000 / Outlook 2003. After staff realignment, we have an assistant who no longer reports to a manager. The manager has removed the assistant from her calendar shared list. Now when the manager sends a meeting request to various attendees, the assistant is not notified in any way. However when anyone invited to the meeting responds with an acceptance or rejection to attend the meeting, the assistant receives a copy of that response. I've looked in the manager's and assistant's rules and alerts and calendar settings, however I cannot find any setting ...

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Setting up a new e-mail account

Microsoft Exchange Server

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Sending Email #6

Forwarded messages are not being sent

Outlook Rule to Forward with Secure Delivery
I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure delivery. Can you please tell me how to do this? Thank you Chris ChrisH <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with > secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but > I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure > delivery. Can you please tell me...

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Duplicate E-Mail #4