forwarding incoming mail based on senders domain

Hello all...

I'm running Exchange & Server 2003, is there a way to forward incoming mail
messages to a specific user/account based on the incoming messages domain?
In other words, I want all messages coming into my server from
*****@domain.com to be forwarded to user account john (john@mydomain.com).

Thanks!

Todd

0
Todd

Hi Todd,
you could write a script SINK. Check on MS for catchall and modify it a bit
for your needs.
Thanks
Stefan

"Todd" <tkerinatvisi.com> wrote in message
> Hello all...
>
> I'm running Exchange & Server 2003, is there a way to forward incoming
mail
> messages to a specific user/account based on the incoming messages domain?
> In other words, I want all messages coming into my server from
> *****@domain.com to be forwarded to user account john (john@mydomain.com).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Todd

0
stefan1972 (38)
11/19/2004 8:40:12 AM
Stefan -

Thanks for the reply, i'm glad to hear that it can be done.   I was able to
find the catchall script, however, with my lack of programming experience,
i'm a little apprehensive to give this a try.  Are there any other prebuilt
"installable" software apps that may be able to accomplish the same thig?

Thanks again for your response.

Todd

"Stefan Engelbert" <stefan@engelbert.de> wrote in message
> Hi Todd,
> you could write a script SINK. Check on MS for catchall and modify it a
bit
> for your needs.
> Thanks
> Stefan
>
> "Todd" <tkerinatvisi.com> wrote in message
> > Hello all...
> >
> > I'm running Exchange & Server 2003, is there a way to forward incoming
> mail
> > messages to a specific user/account based on the incoming messages
domain?
> > In other words, I want all messages coming into my server from
> > *****@domain.com to be forwarded to user account john
(john@mydomain.com).

> > Thanks!
> >
> > Todd

0
Todd
11/19/2004 1:03:47 PM
Ok,
just send me a mail then.

> Stefan -
>
> Thanks for the reply, i'm glad to hear that it can be done.   I was able
> find the catchall script, however, with my lack of programming experience,
> i'm a little apprehensive to give this a try.  Are there any other
prebuilt
> "installable" software apps that may be able to accomplish the same thig?
>
> Thanks again for your response.
>
> Todd
>
> "Stefan Engelbert" <stefan@engelbert.de> wrote in message
> > Hi Todd,
> > you could write a script SINK. Check on MS for catchall and modify it a
> bit
> > for your needs.
> > Thanks
> > Stefan
> >
> > "Todd" <tkerinatvisi.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello all...
> > >
> > > I'm running Exchange & Server 2003, is there a way to forward incoming
> > mail
> > > messages to a specific user/account based on the incoming messages
> domain?
> > > In other words, I want all messages coming into my server from
> > > *****@domain.com to be forwarded to user account john
> (john@mydomain.com).
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Todd

0
stefan1972 (38)

Junk mail #14
Hello Last few days we're getting a lot of regular e-mails moved to Junk-mail folder in Outlook 2003. Can't find any way why this is so, because these are just ordinary mail, without any garbage or other stuff. Junk mail settings are set to low-security, also all Outlook spam updates are installed. Any ideas what could cause this? We're using linux mail server, not MS Exchange. It's strange because after a week or two everything was working fine and there were no changes made to computers, besides critical updates. Are there any problems in general with junk mail filter in Ou...

MSOutlook 2000 Corrupts Incoming Mail Attachments
I am using MSOutlook 2000 on company LAN and attachments with incoming e-mails are being corrupted/lost. If I do not use MSOutlook but use webmail to view my mail on server, attachments are fine. What is going wrong? What happens if you select File | Save Attachments on one of these messages that have a corrupted/lost attachment? (or better stated, does the size field indicate that the attachment is still there even if you can't see it?) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft...

conditional formatting of row based on cell
I want to apply conditional formatting to a whole row based on the contents of one cell in that row. For example, if cell L2 contains the word 'sport', i want the whole of row 2 to be shaded. I'm guessing this is pretty simple, but seem to be having a bit of a mental blockage. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks :) formula is =$l$2="sport" "Katherine" <katherine@katherine.com> wrote in message news:107b01c372ef$4ec59e30$a101280a@phx.gbl... > > I want to apply conditional formatting to a whole row > based on the contents of one...

Can I Mail Merge A Picture?
I am creating form letters in Publisher 2000, and I need to change the picture depending on who is receiving the letter. Can I create a mail merge field for the different pictures? I am merging from an Excel list. According to this chart: http://www.microsoft.com/office/publisher/prodinfo/compare.mspx Publisher 2000 doesn't have that capability. You may wish to try the instructions for Publisher 2003 anyway: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010385061033.aspx If that doesn't work, these instructions are claimed to work with Word 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/def...

Resource Units
I want to be able to have a resource, say 'electrician', with 5 available for the day shift and 2 available for the night shift. This would allow e to just assign the 'electrician' resource and have project level based on unit availability. If I setup 'electrician Day' and 'electrician Night', then I need to carefully select which to use and if the schedule shifts it is a nightmare. Any thought on how to do this? Thank-you! On Jan 6, 10:43=A0pm, John K <John K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to be able to have a resou...

Windows Mail
When I try and send mail using windows mail (vista) I get this message I contacted comcast changes all ports etc and no luck. Also when I used to use outlook express and when to file I could change the identity there. I can't seen to find out how and both my email and wifes is going to the same inbox I hope someone has a suggestion. thanks Arthur The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and re...

How do I format a field based on the value
I have a form that is populated from a query using several tables. In the detail section I have the following fields: Category Code qty PO number ... .... ... The qty is populated in the query based on whether or not a PO number is available. If the PO number is not available then it comes from table a, if it is available then it comes from table b. On the form, I have my fields color-coded for easy reading. I would like to be able to color the border and column heading based on where this value comes from. If table A, then it is blue, if table b then it...

Trouble with Forms based authentication in OWA
I am having some problems in setting up OWA with forms based authentication. From my understanding it should work like this: I go to my usual address http://<myserverdomain>/Exchange and I will be directed to the Forms Based Authentication login screen. Once I am there I can choose basic or premium function in OWA and once I authenticate I should be able to access OWA without any other login prompts. Well none of that is happening. Here is what I have done so far. 1. Enabled Forms based authentication in Exchange System manager. 2. Verified that that Authenticated Users group has Read...

mail notification
will outlook or outlook express show a notification when outlook or explorer are not open? j wrote: > will outlook or outlook express show a notification when > outlook or explorer are not open? Nope. ...

e-mail #15
how can I get outlook 2002 to aoutomatically post new e- mails in my inbox? right now I have to click the send and receive button each and every time that I think I may have a new e-mail. "Chris S." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a2601c3d9e4$2614e3e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how can I get outlook 2002 to aoutomatically post new e- > mails in my inbox? right now I have to click the send > and receive button each and every time that I think I may > have a new e-mail. Tools-Send and Receive settings-Define send and Receive Groups and ch...

Exchange 5.5 in Windows 2000 Domain
HI I am looking for any advise I can get on this subject, or any references you may have. Basically I have an NT4 PDC that currently has Exchange 5.5 installed on it. I have a windows 2000 Database server that is just a member server of hte domain. My NT4 machine is running out of space, so I am getting a new server for exchange. I will install Windows 2000 on this server and then follow the Ed Crowley Server Move method, to move my exchange server over to this new machine. I am comfortable with this. I have just now installed an NT4 BDC into the domain (it is only a very old machine so it ...

Query-based distribution group anomaly
When I do a TOOLS ~ OPTIONS ~ DELEGATES in Outlook 2003 and try to set a query-based distribution group as a delegate it seems to accept the group and whatever permissions I assign. But as soon as I click OK and then come back in to inspect it, the query-based distribution group has no permissions at all. This happens every time. However, in the same situation, whenever I assign a Global Security Group as a delegate and assign permissions, they stick. Should my query-based distribution group be accepted or is this kind of group not permitted as a delegate? But then if it's not perm...

SQL to update Item.LastCounted based on PhysicalInventory.CloseTime
Because of a bug/deficiency/oversight in a third party inventory counting application , I did a bunch of physical inventories that did not update the Item.LastCounted field. I need this field updated so I can see the correct date each item was counted last. I am willing to do a seperate SQL statement for each physical inventory sheet for which I have the problem. For example, I want to take each item in the PhysicalInventoryEntry table with PhysicalInventory.Code = '0000057' (or whatever the code is) and set Item.LastCounted = PhysicalInventory.CloseTime. I am not great at SQ...

Archiving of Windows Live Mail
Can someone please point me to a procedure that will explain how to off load a bunch of emails that I want to keep but do not want in the active WLM folders. Seems like in the Outlook Express days there was a way but I have long since forgot what I did. Help appreciated. You could create a folder(s) on the Desktop and just drag messages into it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Ken" <krlorenz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:EB7EFBBB-12DA-4CAF-A02C-556B10A60C58@microsoft.com... > Can someone please poin...

Saving Word E-Mail as a Revision/Draft
Hi, I would like to be able to use the E-Mail feature in Word 2003 to save an email as a draft/revision for future use. I do not want to save the word doc as an attachment. Is this possible? Thanks, Josh Why don;t you just create the word doc, save it, and then email it when you're ready. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "JoshB" <JoshB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9710F08D-64E2-45B7-8115-BE8F0B116369@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I would like to be...

mail method
How can I tell what mail method has been setup on my server? IE SimpleMail, SMTP... Thanks! I assume your talking about SMTP or ESMTP?, try telnetting to the server on port 25 and see what response you get, Exchange 5.5, 2000 and 2003 all support SMTP and ESMTP -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "becky" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ba2701c4501a$c2214ab0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How can I tell what mail method has been setup on my > server? IE SimpleMail, SMTP... > > Thanks! ...

Export News from Outlook express and import into windows mail
I only used outlook express for newsgroup so I need to backup and transfer all the messages that I flagged with the glasses icon. I just installed windows mail and it only downloaded the first 1000 messages. I can't see all of my messages because some of them they are old ... maybe 2002 but i need them all in the same place. How can I transfer these messages and the replies to windows mail? Outlook Express as well as other newsreaders only mirror what is on a news server and newsgroups neither import nor export. You can only export the account setting, but not groups or...

How do I set up a URL address to send and recieve e mail?
I'm using Outlook 2003. How can I set Outlook up to send and recieve e mail from Microsoft Web Access? It has a https URL. -- Thank You James P Murphy Outlook's WebDav (HTTP) protocol doesn't support HTTPS urls. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050322.htm -- "J Murphy" <JMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D0201CB-113B-44C6-946B-206C3AAF069D@microsoft.com... > I'm using Outlook 2003. How can I set Outlook up to send and recieve e > mail > from Microsoft Web Access? It has a https URL. > -- > Thank You...

Do I need Publisher installed to read/edit articles in an e-mail?
I will be receiving e-mails with attachments containing Publisher2002 created articles. Do I need to have Publisher 2002 or later editions in order to read and edit these e-mail articles? On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 22:20:03 +0000, quilter512 wrote (in article <E5DAA762-0ABA-49C2-8DDB-9A0D05162496@microsoft.com>): > I will be receiving e-mails with attachments containing Publisher2002 created > articles. Do I need to have Publisher 2002 or later editions in order to > read and edit these e-mail articles? You can answer your own question by STFW. You not heard of Google Grou...

How do I delete outbox e-mails that aren't sent.
I can not remove an e-mail that did not successfully send. It slows all my outgoing e-mails. Any ideas would be great. http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "jwinn" wrote: > I can not remove an e-mail that did not successfully send. It slows all my > outgoing e-mails. Any ideas would be great. ...

how can I use my e-mail addresses on excel xp with microsoft outlo
I need to use my addresses on Excel xp with Microsoft outlook. I want to use my excel file as a database that I can change and improve everyday. I need to send mails to more than 1 contact, so creating an e.mail link is not enough for me: in fact, if I click on it, I send my mail only to 1 address... Txs See http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Cat" <Cat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7A9A930-6846-4071-8714-ED9CC50CD79F@microsoft.com... > > I need to use my addresses on E...

Sorting messages by sender
I've recently changed from using Outlook 2003 on an old Celeron PC running Win 2k, to a new P4 machine with XP. On the old set-up, I could click on the 'From' column header to sort messages in a mail folder by sender, then start typing the name of the sender to quickly take me to the messages from that person. This was very useful and I used this feature regularly, although it only seemed to work for the first three characters of the name, the fourth character entered would then take the cursor to the first instance of a name beginning with this letter. This was fine as the firs...

Strange problem with some contact names / email senders
Hello! I have a strange Outlook problem which is really annyoing me at the moment! I added someone to my contacts but whenever i reply to their email they're name isn't automatically filled in as it does with other people's email. Also, if i Create a New email message, it never auto-completes their name. (ie if info@babylon-webmaster.fsnet.co.uk is in my contacts under 'Babylon', sends me an email and i reply to it "To: " reads "Babylon <info@babylon- webmaster.fsnet.co.uk>", but for this contact "To:" only ever displays their ...

Microsoft Mail
Is there anyway to setup microsoft mail in outlook 2002 to attach to existing microsoft mail postoffice. ...

See other people mails
Hi, I want to see all incomings and out goings messages by my boss .How to do that in exchange 2003? also see external pops mail all users in exchange 2003 thanks Hi, One of the options is to enable message journaling or archival as it's sometimes known. In Exchange System Manager, navigate to the mailbox store, and bring up the properties sheet. On the front page of that you can select a button with the description : Archive all message sent or received by mailboxes on this store. Underneath that you can specify the location that the mails should be archived to. This is n...