Forwarding e-mail to external account

My boss wan't his mailbox to also be forwarded to his
friend . how can i do that from exchangeserver.

Many thanx
0
robel999 (1)

robel wrote:
> My boss wan't his mailbox to also be forwarded to his
> friend . how can i do that from exchangeserver.
>
> Many thanx

Hi,

you have to create a "contact" in AD users...
This contact must be "mail-enabled" to give it the "distant e-mail" and have
it to appear in the global list.
Selecting the boss mailbox, you will be able to select the contact in
"delivery" configuration.
A check box will also let you specify a local copy of mails!

Bye.
--
Thierry DEMAN-BARCEL´┐Ż
MVP Exchange,SQL/Server,[MCSE option Messaging, MCSA 2003].

Get to the properties of the user's AD account, and
select the exchange general tab.  There you can setup
forwarders.

0
dancarmi (24)

Receiving Corrupt Mail (but only from one domain)
all, We have Exchange 2000 sp3 running on 2 boxes (Compaq Proliant win2k sp4). One server acts as the database server and the other as a connector server for lotus notes and sap interfaces. Our bridgehead is an Win2k sp4 Mailsweeper for SMTP 4.3_13 quarantine server. Mail comes in from mx record to bridgehead through quarantine rules and passed through to connector box and then on to local store on db box (bog standard stuff!). We receive mail o.k. from all domains except one. Our parent company is the only problem domain. They have basically the same setup as us and claim that no other domai...

Format Issue of Windows Mail and M.S. Group
Hi: When clicking to open any mails including this site, MS Newsgroup, top right pane of 'X' part is not visible. In the past, I used 'Shove-It' program that was found on the web-site, priced $15 that corrected this issue. However, this program is no longer effective, thus it went back to the original format, .... not fully opening content of mail of right side of pane, although I can read any mails by using 'maximizing bvutton' to open in full. Any imputs on this, above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, "Winter10" <Winter10No...

setting up multiple email accounts #2
I followed the rules for setting up the pop3 and smtp accounts for multiple mail accounts, but when I access outlook express the additiona account does not recognize the password I've asked it to remember. HELP! KCB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I followed the rules for setting up the pop3 and smtp > accounts for multiple mail accounts, but when I access > outlook express the additiona account does not recognize > the password I've asked it to remember. HELP! Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Receive mails from one adr. to several computers
Hello. I have a problem receiving mails from one adr. to 5 computers in a network. One of the computers get's all the mails. They should all receive the mails. All the machines run's win Xp and office Xp. Outlook on all computers are set to store the mails on the server, even though they have been received on a computer. When I check my WebMail, the messages are still there! Please help. Nima ...

mail sending problem
Hi , I am very new in the exchange server just now I have deployed Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 at my organization now i have some problem in that . I am able to send mail outside the domain except yahoo .whenever I am sending mail from my exchange mail id to any yahoo mail id it is showing me mail has been sent but on yahoo id it is not delivering even I am not getting the DFR, second I wants to know that can we take the backup of single mail box (boxs) and please tell me step by step how can we take backup (at least the location ) Thanks in Advance Madi The most probable reason is t...

Can't send e-mails from Outlook 2003 after SP1
After installing service pack SP1 for Office 2003, I can't send e-mails anymore. They are stuck in the outbox folder. The error message states that the connection to the server was interrupted. I did not change any settings and checking them confirms that everything is as it should be. Did anyone else experience the same issue and how did you resolve it? Thanks for your help Matthias See if you can manually move those messages from your Outbox and then check all your settings again. "Mattliusa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cb7401c48a5...

Incoming mail server problem
I use supanet for the internet and recently had to clear off a load of viruses and worms from my computer. Computer is clean now. I've run up to date spybot. adaware and cleaned all viruses with Mcaffee internet security as well as running stinger. Sasser, and W32 pate.b were included. Have also completed all windows updates. Everything is working fine now except my email. When I restart the computer my incoming mail server keeps changing from pop.supanet.com to a strange number. 9eg 17.02.01.10 or something similar) It also changes the user name from 3612 to 3612@supanet.com (It adds su...

OT: managing file fragmentation on external USB backup drive (SBS2003)
Just wondering how others are managing file fragmentation on their external USB backup drives (SBS 2003)? I have two WD 500GB drives that i rotate weekly (each backup is around 55GB currently) but periodically the server will "freeze" during a backup (fans on, but no response at all) and requires a hard reboot to get going again. The first time it did it, i had no idea what caused it, but on subsequent occurrences I narrowed it down to the external hard drive itself - after the reboot, simply trying to access the drive via Windows Explorer on the server caused the se...

Forwarding #4
I have a user that is leaving our organization, but would like to have e-mails that are sent to his address forwarded to his personal address for a few months just in case. I'd like to accomodate him, but I also need to delete his account. Is there a way to have Exchange Server 2003 forward e-mails to him without him having an Active Directory account? I believe you would be able to achieve this by simply creating a contact for that user. Set the personal address as the e-mail address of the contact when you create it, then afterwards, add his old Exchange e-mail addresses to the pro...

stationary, templete, signatures with multiple accounts
Hello all, I use Outlook 2002 to access three email accounts ( Work, Hotmail, and home ISP ) Obviuosly I can choose from which account I'm sending from at the time of mesasge creation. What I am asking is, is it possible for when, let's say, I choose to send from my work account, a certain stationary and/or template and/or signature is used ----- and a different stationary and/or template and/or signature is used when I send from my ISP, etc....... Please advise, preferably be sending directly to patrick072040@comcast.net., or by replying to this post. Thank you in advance !! O...

Distributing money into "accounts"
Back in the day when the paycheck would come in, I would get out cash and place various amounts into various envelopes for different purposes (e.g. $200 for groceries, $50 for electric bill, $50 for vacation, etc.). Now that it's the 21st century and I've started using Money, I was wondering if there was some way to do something similar to this in Money. For example, let's say my paycheck gets deposited into my bank account. Can I automatically have it add amounts in various "accounts" each month (similar to my envelope system described above)? Then when I add transac...

Add items from an external application to RMS transaction grid
Is there a way to add items from an external application to MS RMS transaction grid? I want to add items using windows application or web application to RMS transaction grid. Kindly help how to add from an external application. Thanks for help in advance. You would need an Add-in for RMS to make this happen. If you are yourself not sure how to make this happen, I would consult with your RMS partner, or any of the other partners on this forum, including my company, that specialize in creating customization for RMS. If you are interested in getting an estimate for this work please f...

Mail is queued after adding 2nd server
I was hoping someone might have some insight into this issue. I've just completed adding a 2nd server to my first site. All mail between the two servers is getting queued; doesn't matter which server it originates from. Mail to the original server from the internet as well as auto generated emails is still functioning correctly. We're running Exchg 2003 SP2 and Win2k3 on both servers. I've also gone through the Best Practices and fixed the minor issues it listed. Thanks, Chris Can you telnet to port 25 from each server successfully? Are the servers located in the same su...

Outlook 2003 unable to open mails or contacts
After upgrading from Office XP to Office 2003 I am not=20 bale to access any item in Outlook 2003.=20 The Error message which will be displayed if I try to open=20 a message is: Microsoft Office Outlook: Out of memory or system resources. Close sone windows or=20 programs and try again. Microsoft Office 2003 Professional is running on two=20 different operating systems: One is running XP professional,=20 The other is running Windows server 2003 enterprise=20 edition. Always the same result. If I reinstall Outlook from Office=20 XP Professional I am able to read all mails without any=20 fau...

Checking mails with MS Outlook closed?!
Hi, is it possible to have MS Outlook notify me of new accounts in a minimized status. i.e. i have a low memory and i don't want extra programs to be opened on my computer. i want to have outlook closed still i want it to to checkup my imcoming mails and provided i should have new mails it would popup and notify me accordingly. is that possible in outlook? if not, is there any program that could do that? regards, eqbal Outlook can't do anything if it's not opened. Is the mailbox you're checking a POP3 mailbox? If so, there are a number of very small programs that c...

? types as an ampersand E
Why and how can I fix this? It happens sometimes, not all the time. Thanks. Based on the information you provided, I would guess that your keyboard is malfunctioning. The problem might be very different from that guess, but there is not much information provided. "Moberly" <Moberly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5ED966F-ADF5-48A0-A2A3-7F1998C5922B@microsoft.com... > Why and how can I fix this? It happens sometimes, not all the time. > Thanks. ...

Mail Merge #2
In Publisher 2002 is it possible to print a roster of Mail Merge data base records showing multiple entries per page? I'm essentially looking to print a phone book type list with Able, Ann (222) 222-2222 on the first line, Brown, Bob (333) 333-3333 on the second line and so on. Any help would be appreciated. Not difficult at all if you make a custom size small in height label the width of the page. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

Newly acquired company mail?
Hello all... I've been assigned a task that I can't seem to find any good info on while browsing the net. Company A has acquired companies B and C and would like to be able to give all newly acquired employees access to both e-mail domains. This would effectively give all new employees two accounts (one from companyA and the other companyB/C). I'm looking for a quick rundown on how best to set this up. If anyone can help I'd be forever gracious. Thanks! Randy 1. You can Merge the accounts of B and C to the Exchange environment of Company 'A' 2. Configure Rec...

E-mail Template Question 07-14-03
Is it possible to have an e-mail template in CRM that has a Microsoft Word document attached to the template? -- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $ $ Nick Maxwell, MCSE 2k, CCNA , A+ $ Systems Engineer $ Heartland Business Systems $ http://www.hbs.net $ nmaxwell@nospam.hbs.net $ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ...

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. #2
Hi, I've just setup Exchange Server at our office in Mumbai, India, and am facing a very unusual situation. Our domain is hosted on a remote server with 10 POP E-mail id's defined as follows: jtalpade, tshaikh, pshanbhag, mshriyan, mmanjrekar, rumap, adivate, rtalpade, schourasia and rramesh On my exchange server, i have defined the following users: tshaikh, mshriyan, mmanjrekar, rumap, adivate, rtalpade, schourasia and rramesh I have kept "jtalpade" & "pshanbhag" out of the exchange server user list as they reside in a different city, viz Delhi & ...

Contact/Account View screens won't display in Sales For Outlook in
Ok, I ran into a few issues with the "go offline" functionality which required me to uninstall/reinstall SFO. After the reinstall, whenever I try to view a contact or account record. The pop-up window appears then it generates an error page. The following message is logged to the event log and the second error comes up when I turn Developer Errors on. What can I do to correct the problem? Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 1 Date: 10/19/2005 Time: 1:22:26 PM User: N/A Computer: IDEACA-TORO-72 Description: MSCRM Application Erro...

Incorrect Account Appearing on General Transaction Edit List
If I go into my General Ledger and view a certain entry, on the input screen, it lists the correct accounts. However, if I print the edit list, one of the accounts is incorrect. In fact, it is an account that doesn't exist in our system. As shown in transaction entry screen: 51-6021-3500 Disability Insurance $478.24 12-1296-0000 Intercompany Rec/Pay - $478.24 As printed on edit list: 51-6021-1000 Disability Insurance $478.24...

Authenticated mail
Hi! I hope someone can help me. How can I configure my Excange 2003 and my Outlook 2003 to just accept autenticated mails Thaks for your help Drfine "authenticated mails". -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "lmelm" <lmelm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:220565B7-2357-424F-B5C7-20EE1E5EC4E7@microsoft.com... > Hi! > I hope someone can help me. How can I configure my Excange 2003 and my > Outlook 2003 to just accept autenticated mails > Thaks for your help > On Tue, 13 Sep ...

Mail and Catalog merge problems
This is a two part question. The first part concerns an error and the second part is seeking advice. First the error: I am trying to create a data source for use in a catalog merge. No matter what method I use, even using "Create Address List" from Publisher's Tools menu, I get an error dialog saying: "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures. Please try again later." What causes this and how do I correct it? I would like to be able to connect to a SQL 2005 database for merge data. Now the request for advice: I am cr...

Multiple D/L of POP3 mail, broken mailto: link in IExplorer
Hi Pro's: I need a doctor. Here's the patient and the symptoms: Outlook 2002 SP2 running in XP-Home SP2, Send mail in HTML Mode, No Exchange server. Running on 2.4 mhz., mega memory and huge HD About a week ago my OL2002 began acting up with the following symptoms: 1. Will freeze frequently requiring a shut down then restart in safe mode. It will temporarily fix itself until the next freeze a few minutes later. 2. The interface between IExplorer and OL2002 is broken, IE will not open OL2002 3. In OL2002, When I go to open a new blank email template OL2002 will freeze a...