Forward misspelled names to user account if doman is correct.

Is it possible to catch for instance a misspelled name like moike@domain.com
that should be mike@domain.com and forward it to another account? It should
be able to pick up anything (like *@domain.com) and forward it to
joe@domain.com.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Are you really sure that you want to do this?  If so, you can take a look at
the methods listed here.
http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/exchange_catcha.html

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"pakitloss" <pakitloss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to catch for instance a misspelled name like
> moike@domain.com
> that should be mike@domain.com and forward it to another account? It
> should
> be able to pick up anything (like *@domain.com) and forward it to
> joe@domain.com.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mike

0
Ben
8/3/2005 6:42:02 PM
Ben,

Thanks for the link. That solved my delema. Mike's script off of that page
worked great. I only have one customer who wants this so I will keep is quiet
to the rest of my customers....shhhh.

Thanks,

Mike

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> Are you really sure that you want to do this?  If so, you can take a look at
> the methods listed here.
> http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/exchange_catcha.html
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
>

> "pakitloss" <pakitloss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to catch for instance a misspelled name like
> > moike@domain.com
> > that should be mike@domain.com and forward it to another account? It
> > should
> > be able to pick up anything (like *@domain.com) and forward it to
> > joe@domain.com.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Mike

Security Service Dependancy on SQL Named Instance
Hi I know that after MSCRM installation you should re-register the MSCRM Security Service using a '-s' command so it has a dependancy on SQL to prevent it failing on boot up. My problem is that I have a customer who has a named instance of SQL and using this command does not put it as a dependancy in the MSCRM Security Service. Does anyone know the command that I should be using in this situation?? Thanks Peter I think the switch you mention may be correct, but insufficient; to get the MCCRMSecurityService starting, try re-registering it precisely as follows: On your crm serv...

Need better way to provision AD accounts that are to have mailboxes
The exchange admins in my company have come up with a way for the sys admins to assign the user's mailbox store location. It's based off of last name. For example, if your last name starts with letter A, you go on Storage Group 1, Mailbox Store A, if your last name starts with letter B, you go on Storage Group 1, Mailbox Store B, if your last name starts with letter E, you go on Storage Group 2, Mailbox Store A, etc.... This is, I believe, and administrative nightmare. Is there a better way to provision AD accounts that are to have mailboxes? If it works for you and them, then al...

Multiple Users #4
My scenerio is - we have 10 warehouse workers that log on to 1 PC with a common logon. I would like to give each of them their own secure mailbox that they can access, without logging out of Windows 2000. I have created accounts for each of the users, as well as profiles on the PC. When the user tries to login, there is a prompt for ID/PW and Domain. After entering the info - an error appears saying that the user does not have permission to access the mailbox. We are using Outlook 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Common Client User Session
I periodically get a message saying there was a problem with "Common Client User Session" and the program has to close ---- Outlook remains open but there does appear to be a loss of functionality that requires re-booting! What is the cause of this problem? There is no error message number given. ...

Management Reporter
One of the staff had me reset their password & they are getting the message that the user is locked out of the system when trying to enter the new password. They are not listed in the User Activity window. Any idea of what needs to be done. We'll get this incident at least once a week Thanks The only other thing I can think of is that we are running thru the VM and 10 minutes after the new password is entered by admin, the user gets in "Merle" wrote: > One of the staff had me reset their password & they are getting the message > that the u...

Print a user form image
I learn how to print a text as follows Private Sub CommandButton3_Click() Dim intOutFile As Integer 'number for the output file intOutFile = FreeFile 'get a file number Open "c:\temp\temp.txt" For Output As intOutFile Print #intOutFile, Print_Dev.TextBox1.Text Close intOutFile Shell "c:\windows\notepad.exe /P c:\temp\temp.txt" Kill "c:\temp\temp.txt" 'delete the file if desired End Sub Now I would like to print an image as well... I tried modifying this Print #intOutFile, Print_Dev.TextBox1.Text ...

Opening other user's folder
We are on exchage 5.5 with outlook 2000 for the clients. When going to File/Open other user's folder, in the pulldown list of choices, we only see Calendar, Contacts, Inbox, Journal, Notes, & Tasks. It doesn't show Deleted Items or Sent Items. How can I get those two other folders to show up in the list? You would need to actually add User B's mailbox to User A's profile to make those extra folders available -- there's no way to add them to the Open Other User's Folder list. First, give User A Reviewer permission at the root of User B's mailbox. Then, make ...

User able to see records that he is not supposed to
Hi, I have a user having a role that has permission to read only records that are created by him. He is able to see records that are assigned to a team X. He is not a member of team X. I have no clue how he is able to see it. I have checked every setting very carefully.Please help. IS IT a Microsoft CRM BUG??? Cheers, kunal Hi, Kunal, Can you please provide the specific settings of the security role(s) assigned to the user? Thanks, Leslie -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This ...

Column widths get changed when another user opens my files
hello, i save an excel file on a network drive and when another user opens it the width of the columns are all changed. what's going on? How can we get stop this? thanks!!! ...

RE: Check this correction update
--wnmfhdyuimbuoogb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="grtwgjbbz"; type="multipart/alternative" --grtwgjbbz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mrihmqcdiuwpmb" --mrihmqcdiuwpmb Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your c...

User Authentication
Hello All I want to authenticate a windows user i cant use LogonUser because the client user may not have SE_TCB_NAME privilage i am using SSPI but in case of error i does not provide exact error message: For example if the user is not allowed to log on the domain from the this computer. SSPI gives an internal SSPI error rather than informing that the user is not allowed to login from this computer. Is there any other way to authenticate domain and Local users. Thanks in Advance! Faisal Mansoor ...

OWA Users/Expired passwords
I have several users who will only be logging in to Outlook Web Access (Exchange 2003), and once they're logged in to OWA they can change their passwords, but if they for some reason let their passwords expire, OWA doesn't allow them the opportunity to change their passwords; this is the case whether we use a dialog login box or forms-based authentication. Is there any way we can set OWA so that it automatically takes a user to the IIS password change screen if someone tries to log in with an expired password? this should solve your problem http://www.petri.co.il/enable_pass...

Weird exchange service account problems
Scenario: I attempted to install Brightstor Arcserve backup agent using the arcserve software. I got an error saying it was unable to finalize the account. I manually deleted the dbagent account several times in an attempt to troubleshoot the problem. Now my exchange server is screwed up. Sypmtoms: Logged on as Administrator (Exchange Service Account...I know this should be a seperate user, will rectify that when this is fixed) I am seeing problems with permissions inside of the Exchange Server Administrator program. When I click on Connections->Internet Mail Service connector I get t...

What is the maximum number of users that can share Excel File?
According to the Excel Help file, all users on your network, unless you restrict the number. "pfine" wrote: > ...

Opening another user's appointment copies appt into my Calendar
I frequently open other users' appointments when viewing their calendars. However, upon opening the item, a copy of the appointment then appears in my personal calendar. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to make it stop? Thanks. ...

scripting adding obj-users and mdb-use-defaults to exchange 5.5 users
I have successfully created a script for creating exchange 5.5 users. I can't however, figure out how to add the assoc-nt-account to the obj-users [pseudo attribute] or set MDB-Use-Defaults to True :-( Can anyone offer advice on how to do this [other than generate a CSV file and use the exchange admin tool to import it]? Thanks Wayne ...

Exchange / Outlook 2003 Public Folder Shared Calendar
We run an Exchange 2003 server with Outlook 2003 clients (via Citrix), on Windows 2003 Server. I have a bit of an odd problem with a public folder shared calendar I created for one of our offices. I created it in the normal way in Outlook, and applied appropriate permissions to all the users in that group. They can all see the calendar, and although they can add entries to it, they cannot see the appointments added by their colleagues - which pretty much negates the point of having it in the first place. I don't think it is an issue with the free / busy replication, as there is only one se...

E-mail Account
I am able to connect to Exchange my exchange 2003 server (on server 2003 standard) using the email account "Microsoft Exchange Server". To verify that I am connected I click on "Check name" and both the server name and username are underlined. However once I open Outlook 2003 Outlook is very slow and doesn't repond very well. I try to send an e-mail and it sits in the outbox and messages that are on my exchange server in outlook web access aren't downloaded. If I try send/receive Outlook locks up and even sometime says (not responding). Outlook eventual...

Migrating E5.5 Mailboxes with ADC created disabled accounts to to E2K3
I am getting to the end of my migration but still have all the resource mailboxes with ADC generated diabled accounts in AD to migrate. I'm not sure how to proceed with this. Can I just enable the accounts in AD migrate the mailbox and disable it again or do I have to create a whole new account in AD delete the ADC generated account and re-attached the new account to the mailbox in E5.5 then migrate it to E2K3? You can use the accounts it created. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "JoeAHM" <joseph.gonzalez@a...

Money 2006: Is there an account for FSA?
Is there anything like a special account in Money 2006 for a flexible spending account? And if so, what is it called? Rod I'm not aware of one. Since it wouldn't really have any properties a basic cash account wouldn't have, using a basic cash account is good enough for many of us. "Rod" <rod@no.spam> wrote in message news:%23xX7cJtMHHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there anything like a special account in Money 2006 for a flexible > spending account? And if so, what is it called? So, should I set up a cash account, then, or doesn't it ...

name appearing in the outgoing mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I would like to change the way the name in each of my accounts shows up in sent emails. I have changed the account settings but the old name still shows up. Any suggestions? <br> Thanks. On 2010-05-04 16:45:26 -0400, Bila@officeformac.com said: > I would like to change the way the name in each of my accounts shows up > in sent emails. I have changed the account settings but the old name > still shows up. Any suggestions? Well if you have indeed changed the name prop...

How to reference workbook name in hyperlink formula?
In order to simplify the maintenance of workbook formulas I need to reference workbook name in hyperlink formula =[myWorkbok.xls]mySheet!$E4 in this way =[A1]mySheet!$E4 given the file name stored in cell A1 Cell A1 : myWorkbook How do I write the formula to make it work? Will it work even if the referenced workbook is closed? Regards Frank Krogh The function you'd want to use is =indirect(). But =indirect() won't work if the sending file is closed. Laurent Longre has an addin (morefunc.xll) at: http://xcell05.free.fr/ or http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/index.htm ...

How can I compare the column names from 2 tables and output them?
I have a requirement to place an alert if the field does not exist in my table, tblStaging. Can any one guide me to reframe this query with error handling messages? I know it is not good practice to use select * but I need to do this as my columns\field names change each time. INSERT INTO tblStaging SELECT * FROM tbl_XL,tblDetails; Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201003/1 Access is a relational database. If your "table design" has the fields in your table(s) changing frequently,...

Payroll posting accounts #4
I am trying to set up information in the payroll posting accounts, when I am in the Employer´s Tax Expense window I can not fill the SUTA & FUTA code. It displays: "This is not a valid tax witholding code". What can I do to solve it? -- Jorge R. HI Jorge, Just give any dummy account as you are not calucting the SUTA and FUTA then system won't do anything but is require so please full fill all the posting account setup requirement before you proceed. "Jorge" wrote: > I am trying to set up information in the payroll posting accounts, when I am > ...

cant send email to certain accounts
I started having an issue sending emails to any .net account yesterday. Here is the error I keep getting. I also can not get the Windows Mail help to open up. I click on it hit OK when the box pops up and nothing else happens. Thanks The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, ple...