Forward mail through other smtp server.

I have exchange 2003 with sp1.  My ISP started blocking port 25 and
forcing me to send mail through thier server.  Is there any way I can
send my exchange mail through their server or curcomvent thier port 25
rule?

Thanks

Eric
0
ericsweb (2)

On your Internet Mail Connector forward your mail to their server instead of
using DNS (aka smarthost)
Greetings
Hans

http://fots.nl

"Eric" <ericsweb@madison.tds.net> wrote in message
>I have exchange 2003 with sp1.  My ISP started blocking port 25 and
> forcing me to send mail through thier server.  Is there any way I can
> send my exchange mail through their server or curcomvent thier port 25
> rule?
>
> Thanks
>
> Eric

Yes.  In the properties of your Default SMTP Virtual Server (or SMTP
Connector if you have one), you specify the Smarthost setting.

Default SMTP VS - Delivery tab, Advanced button, fill out the Smarthost
setting by either specifying the Fully Qualified Domain name (FQDN), or the
IP address of their Smtp server enclosed in brackets [IP.IP.IP.IP]

SMTP Connector - on the General tab, you simply specify to Forward mail via
the following smart host.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Eric" <ericsweb@madison.tds.net> wrote in message
>I have exchange 2003 with sp1.  My ISP started blocking port 25 and
> forcing me to send mail through thier server.  Is there any way I can
> send my exchange mail through their server or curcomvent thier port 25
> rule?
>
> Thanks
>
> Eric

0
Ben
11/24/2004 8:30:37 PM
Thanks guys, that worked.

Eric

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> wrote in message news:<#auJ3Rm0EHA.1192@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> Yes.  In the properties of your Default SMTP Virtual Server (or SMTP
> Connector if you have one), you specify the Smarthost setting.
>
> Default SMTP VS - Delivery tab, Advanced button, fill out the Smarthost
> setting by either specifying the Fully Qualified Domain name (FQDN), or the
> IP address of their Smtp server enclosed in brackets [IP.IP.IP.IP]
>
> SMTP Connector - on the General tab, you simply specify to Forward mail via
> the following smart host.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
>

> "Eric" <ericsweb@madison.tds.net> wrote in message
> >I have exchange 2003 with sp1.  My ISP started blocking port 25 and
> > forcing me to send mail through thier server.  Is there any way I can
> > send my exchange mail through their server or curcomvent thier port 25
> > rule?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Eric
0
ericsweb (2)

Undeleting Mails
Any way to undelete the mails which has deleted from delete folder see your previous post. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Thomas" <thomas_jiji@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:78c201c43105$e436ca50$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Any way to undelete the mails which has deleted from > delete folder ...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Integration with IMail Server
Hi, I just want to ask if CRM can work with IMail Server. I believe that some ISVs already made an integration with Lotus Notes. How about for Imail? Any suggestion? Thank you. To the best of my knowledge, the answer is No. The Exchange connector is designed for "Exchange", but there are always some things you can do. But it will not work like Exchange. I just can't see the mail going into the queues without Exchange. "Agnes" wrote: > Hi, > > I just want to ask if CRM can work with IMail Server. I believe that some > ISVs already made an in...

Server Components
I have gotten CRM 1.2 installed - my problem now is that I have Salesmen that are all over the country that never connect to my domain - I have tried installing the client software on a test computer that is not connected to my domain. I am getting the following error Setup was unable to find an instance of the Microsoft CRM server components But I am able to hit the HTTP:// - I just can not get the client software to install - Please help Thanks, Kell kelly are these sales people members of any domain? in message news:DE5727A8-CF1A-4BFF-9EA5-517497C9E537@microsoft.com... > I have ...

Multiple Exchange servers on single domain, splitting users.
Hi Guys. We have an existing Exchange 2k3 site that is going through some expansion. We are looking at setting up a second system to allow access for affiliates to POP3 to. We woul like to keep the POP3 email addresses and internet access separate to the LAN users. However, they would all have email addresses at the same .com domain. Can we push certain user's mail to a 2nd Exchange server (via a LAN)? We are trying to separate the POP3 users and the lan users internet access, for bandwith reasons. Our idea is that all domain email comes into server A via Internet connection1. Lan user&...

Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '250 HELP', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0x800CCC7D
I cant receive or send emails in windows mail. What do I have todo? Please copy and paste the error message into the body of your post . . . not the "Subject" line - it got truncated. "valeria migelson" <valemigelson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eW$sk6#kKHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I cant receive or send emails in windows mail. What do I have todo? Judging by the fragment of the error message you have in the subject = line, it looks like you have the wrong settings for Gmail. Use these: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answ...

Forward Emails to GMail
My office Outlook 2007 runs with Exchange. I can't seem to be able to create a rule that will forward my Exchange e-mail to my GMail account. Any assistance would be appreciated. Craig. Auto-forwarding to the internet may be disabled by Exchange. You should ask your Exchange Admin if it's allowed for you to send your work email to a personal email account. It may not be. "CraigH" <CraigH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80AC0BB8-A575-4229-A443-B3F18F50B87E@microsoft.com... > My office Outlook 2007 runs with Exchange. I can't s...

Unable to send mail on telephone line or DSL, but can send on cable modem
I never used to have a problem. Recently I cannot send mail from Outlook if I use a dial up modem or if I am on a DSL modem. I can receive mail OK. I can send mail on a cable modem. All it does is say "Connecting to Server" and the mail does not send. Then I get an error message "The TCI/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server.(Account: "Name of My Account', SMTP Server: 'name of my server.com', Error Number: 0x800ccc0f). I called the hosting company and they say everything is working and that I have a problem with Outlook 2000. Any ideas wha...

e-mail address converted to include single quotes
Occasionally when sending a new email or replying to an email the address is changed upon sending to include single quotes, ie. username@userdomain.com changes to 'username@userdomain.com'. When this happens the email is kicked back as undeliverable. here is what the kickback looks like, I had to substitute username into the actual email addresses. -----Original Message----- From: MAILER-DAEMON@vbbn.com [mailto:MAILER- DAEMON@vbbn.com] Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 9:16 AM To: username@pesenv.com Subject: Undeliverable mail: Document Delivery to 369 Pine Failed to deliver to ...

when trying to send emails outlook says server not recognized
when trying to send emails through Outlook there is an error message that says server not recognized. Has sending ever worked with that account/machine? Have you verified the SMTP (outgoing mail) server name? "Ron O" <Ron O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A31B6388-DE5F-45CA-B23D-A87449234168@microsoft.com... > when trying to send emails through Outlook there is an error message that > says server not recognized. ...

Outlook 2007 Ignoring Mail Format Configured for Contact
I posted this question in microsoft.public.office.misc before I find this group... So I am posting again. I need to send emails to a particular internet email address (i.e., not in exchange) in Plain Text. I attempted to configure this in the following ways: Attempt 1: 1) Open Contact window 2) Double click Email... field under Internet section 3) Set Internet format to "Send Plain Text only" Attempt 2: 1) Open Contact window 2) Right click Email... field under Internet section 3) Select Send Option... 4) Check "I want to specify the format..." 5) Selec...

Mail Merge 2007
(I'm new to this--please bear w/ me... Since I've downloaded Publisher 2007, I have not been able to do post card (or label) mail merge using multiple addresses. I've tried everything! Can anyone help??? -- Dot Miller Define "not been able to do post card (or label) mail merge using multiple addresses". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Dot Miller" <DotMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1842CBB-A45A-49DA-B4EC-D25E8FD8E95D@microsoft.com... >...

Outlook and Exchange server #2
I would like to setup outlook so that all six people in our company can share contacts and their calendar, I've been told I need an exchange server so I tracked down a provider that has one but now what? How do I setup outlook to share this information? We are using several different versions of outlook and office, is any one better than another? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.507 / Virus Database: 304 - Release Date: 8/4/2003 Now that's scary... If the provider isn't offering support on this, ...

new live mail client acting differently
o just installed new windows live pkg today.. including live mail. live mail now acts differently. don't understand how to do what I need. 1.) the new client now grays out my subject and date field in the top pane (not just after I have pulled up the msg in the reading pane). like I would really like it to. *saw how to set up a color coded mail rule but this isn't helping me. 2.) the color is too light in the top pane. I can't see it on my monitor and need to knock it down a little or recolor it to something I can see. how can I do this? 3.) is there a way...

smtp.live.com via windows vistas built in mail : SSL error
I am using Vistas Winmail ( not "livemail" ) and I use it for a hotmail account. Don't tell me it does not work, because it did all the time succesfully in and out for months. Hotmail is not possible via pop3 is a myth.It also works via Outlook Express on xp. I needed to format the laptop and reinstall vista, so am starting from new. I have installed every Servicepack and Update available to the OS via automatic updates. Account : Username myname@msn.com and the Live ID password ( same as for messenger and so - it works ) - Server : pop3.live.com / secur...

messy imported mail body
I just set up my Outlook 2007 and imported a large number of mails from Eudora. The problem is, MANY imported mails have in the mail bodies the HTML codes shown up -- Is there an easy way to "clean" them out? (Or let Outlook be aware they are hyper text so that to properly display them) Thanks, Zhiliang ...

Outlook 2002 and Mail Accounts
Hi, I have a DSL service and my mail accounts with GoDaddy.com. I was able to set up my mail accounts but when I go to make a new message and pick from which account I want to the mail to go through nothing shows up except my default mail. Can anyone help. I am at my wits end. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Office. Thanks There are two things you may want to try: First recommendation: ---------------------------------------- 1. On the Tools menu, point to Send/Receive Settings, and then click Define Send/Receive Groups. 2. Click All Accounts, and then click Edit...

mail merge training
Do you have any mail merge training that is on video? Because I am having trouble understanding how to mail merge from just reading how to do it on your website. Thankyou Hi David this is a user-based peer to peer network where excel users can post questions and various people will attempt to answer them - i'm sure there are a lot of people around who might be able to suggest training material that could help, but if you'ld like to let us know what versions of excel & word you're using and where you're getting stuck with the mail merge - you might be able to save ...

how do i get my new e-mail messages to outlook??
i have two e-mail accounts coming from aol into outlook. one has all the current e-mails but the second one does not. please help ...

Exchange 2003 for Outlook Calendar Sharing only (no e-mail)
Hello, I don't have much time otherwise I'd do the research myself; I have not used Exchange in years + what I do know has all changed. Basically, my scenario is as follows: I have Win2k3 Server 2003 Enterprise Edition running a domain controller, and several persons in the office with PCs. They have e-mail already (IMAP) from a separate ISP--all we need to do at this point, and do it quickly, is add calendar sharing capabilities without having to use Exchange to serve their e-mail. How is this possible? Thanks, Gabe Have them use OE (or some other mail client) for e-mail and O...

Money Newsgroup: Regular News Server vs. Microsoft Communities Server
I noticed the same newsgroup is available via a regular news server (Giganews) as well as the Microsoft Communities server. Interesting, the same group there had messages going back as far as 2003. Do messages posted on either wind up on both? Is there an advantage to using one over the other? Thanks! I think if you look you will find that the Vista "Communities" account server points to msnews.microsoft.com--just like my non-Vista machines. The prime difference seems to be the setting telling the reader that it supports the Communities features. "Ben" <no_...

Multiple instances of HQ Server
Hi, I have a client who has approx 40 stores and I want to setup multiple HQ Server's on the same server machine, I don't believe this is supported but I've heard of others doing this so I'd like to pursue this option as I think this will help them save a few minutes when a store is disconnecting and the next store is attempting to connect. Does anyone have any documentation on how to accomplish this? Thanks. Specify the 2nd server to run on a different port with the command line flag -a (port number), ex: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management...

Process Server GP 9.0
I am trying to get the Process Server setup, and I am running into an issue. I start the dps.exe file on the server as described in the admin guide. I am then able to go a Great Plains Citrix installation, and add that server to the DPS server nand have the Verify Server checkbox checked. It loads fine. I then add the Financial TB as the report to process remotely, and I enter the server name as entered in the Process Server screen. When I fo to USer Preferences to change to remote Processing, the Remote Process radio button is greayed out, and I can't select it. My report does not...

Srv to Srv mail Encryption
This company wants all the comunication encrpted between their Lotus Notes Server and our Exchange Server. I understand exchange to exchange ... TLS can do this for us. How can this be achieved between 2 servers? Hoe will the mail flow work and know that it has to travel through this encrypted tunnel? Advise please. Thanks, You could implement IPSec. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=821839. Nue "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B598D3C5-CEBE-4009-983F-0142042C4765@microsoft.com... > This company wants all the comunication e...

Import Access into Linux server
Hi, Our company has created an Access file (very basic database) and would like to import it into our server. Our server is currently web-hosted by a Linux server and the company that is hosting it says that they cannot convert this or add it on to the server. Do I have any other options or is this possible? Your help is greatly apprecaited. Thank You, Adam OK, you've alluded to two different operating systems - Windows & Linux - but you've posted to the newsgroup for Office on yet another... Macintosh. I honestly don't know where your issue can be best addressed,...

Moving Mailstores between Servers
Hi All, I understand that in order to move a mailstore between Exchange servers they need to be in the same Organisation and Adminisrative Group. A few questions please: 1) Is it just a matter of Dismounting the current mailstore, copying the .edb and .stm to the other server and mounting it on the new server and configure a login script to point the users outlook to the new server? 2) Instead of starting of a copy to the destination server would you recommend i restore the .edb and .stm files to the new server, take the network cable out of the old server and mount the sto...