Forward email #2

Hello,

I have a server, (say server a) which is running freeBSD with SMTP server. I
have pointed the SMTP server so it directs all mail to my exchange server.

Mail that comes from server a comes as name@a.domain.local.

I want to redirect all mail from this server (server a) to a specific
mailbox (pop or other) or newsgroup so that people can go and look at it as
server a is a test/development server. I don't want any email that comes
from server a to be routed to the internet.

How can I do this? I am running Exchange 2000 on a Win2K3 Server.

Thanks
Dave

Dear Dave,

i have one question for you, do you have Exchange 2000 running on Windows
Server 2003 ? is this is true ?

please confirm

regards

Alaa Al-Ankar

"Dave McDougall" <dave.mcdougall@workpace.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a server, (say server a) which is running freeBSD with SMTP server.
> I have pointed the SMTP server so it directs all mail to my exchange
> server.
>
> Mail that comes from server a comes as name@a.domain.local.
>
> I want to redirect all mail from this server (server a) to a specific
> mailbox (pop or other) or newsgroup so that people can go and look at it
> as server a is a test/development server. I don't want any email that
> comes from server a to be routed to the internet.
>
> How can I do this? I am running Exchange 2000 on a Win2K3 Server.
>
> Thanks
> Dave

0
alaa (132)
4/25/2006 9:34:26 PM
Sorry,

Mixed myself up with SQl...

No I have Exchange 2003 SP1 (Version 6.5)

Dave

"Alaa Alian Al-Ankar" <alaa@arabesque.com.kw> wrote in message
> Dear Dave,
>
> i have one question for you, do you have Exchange 2000 running on Windows
> Server 2003 ? is this is true ?
>
> please confirm
>
> regards
>
> Alaa Al-Ankar
>
> "Dave McDougall" <dave.mcdougall@workpace.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a server, (say server a) which is running freeBSD with SMTP
>> server. I have pointed the SMTP server so it directs all mail to my
>> exchange server.
>>
>> Mail that comes from server a comes as name@a.domain.local.
>>
>> I want to redirect all mail from this server (server a) to a specific
>> mailbox (pop or other) or newsgroup so that people can go and look at it
>> as server a is a test/development server. I don't want any email that
>> comes from server a to be routed to the internet.
>>
>> How can I do this? I am running Exchange 2000 on a Win2K3 Server.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Dave

Is this article relevant:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324021/en-us

Nue
> Sorry,
>
> Mixed myself up with SQl...
>
> No I have Exchange 2003 SP1 (Version 6.5)
>
> Dave
>

> "Alaa Alian Al-Ankar" <alaa@arabesque.com.kw> wrote in message
>> Dear Dave,
>>
>> i have one question for you, do you have Exchange 2000 running on Windows
>> Server 2003 ? is this is true ?
>>
>> please confirm
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Alaa Al-Ankar
>>
>> "Dave McDougall" <dave.mcdougall@workpace.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have a server, (say server a) which is running freeBSD with SMTP
>>> server. I have pointed the SMTP server so it directs all mail to my
>>> exchange server.
>>>
>>> Mail that comes from server a comes as name@a.domain.local.
>>>
>>> I want to redirect all mail from this server (server a) to a specific
>>> mailbox (pop or other) or newsgroup so that people can go and look at it
>>> as server a is a test/development server. I don't want any email that
>>> comes from server a to be routed to the internet.
>>>
>>> How can I do this? I am running Exchange 2000 on a Win2K3 Server.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Dave

0
imaneophyte (3004)

Powershell 2.0 missing after "WMF + PowerShell 2" install
Without finding an uninstall for PowerShell 1.0, I went ahead and downloaded the "WMF + PowerShell 2" installer and ran it. There were no errors, but PS2.0 was not present. There were no shortcuts, and a search failed to turn up an executable anywhere on my system. I then looked for a way to get PS1.0 uninstalled. I first checkeck the "Show Updates" box in Add/Remove, and PS1.0 appeared on the list. I clicked remove, and after displaying some warnings, it went through the motions of uninstalling the program. As it ran, it showed progress mesages, and a final, ...

EMAIL an Access 200 Report
I have created an Access 2000 Report utilizing an Access 2000 Query as input to the report. I have a need to email this report to several recipients. I have attempted to translate the Access Report to Excel 2000 for email and lose the Report Totals. There also appears to be some inconsistent mapping from the Report to Excel. By this I mean Cells Are not line up consistent with the report. This however is minor compared to losing the report Totals. Does anyone have some suggestions with regard to the best way to email Access report without losing totals. Or translating to Excel 2000 while prese...

HTML to Excel #2
I have saved an HTML document as an Excel document. I am trying to insert a formula that uses the some of the figures listed on the excel document, but the formulas return a #value! error. Is this because the figures that were once html are now not recognized in excel? Formatting the figures does not work, but if I retype the figure, the formula works. Any suggestions?? -- Many Thanks, Paula Hi try: - copy an empty cell - select your imported numbers - goto Edit - Paste Special and choose 'Add' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Billing Goddess" <BillingGod...

reading outlook file (email messages)
I would like to read outlook files from my previous computer that was saved onto a cd. How can I access or read these e-mail messages. Is it possible to retrieve attachement as well? Hearing you soon. SF You will need to copy the file to your hard drive, remove the read-only tick mark from the property page and use File->Open in Outlook to open the file. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and find...

Additional email addresses #2
Hi all, I'm really new to Exchange and i havce given a user 2 smtp email addresses. However in the contacts section of outlook under email addresses the user still only has the one. I've followed the manual but not sure if i have missed anything. Help... Is Outlook in cached mode? Four things have to happen--and in this order--before recipients show up in the GAL in Outlook 2003 with cached mode: 1. The object or change must replicate to the domain controller the RUS uses. 2. The RUS must run and stamp the user with Exchange attributes. 3. The offline address book must be ge...

Email sending problems
I use Outlook to send emails through hotmail.com to my customers. I have been experiencing, lately, a number of emails that are sent and not received by my customer. These emails show being sent and I do not get a message back that they were not delivered or were rejected for some reason. Please explain Customers are blocking mail from hotmail .com? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google....

Emailing a Web Page from Outlook
I'm trying to email a web page from Outlook and when I select File, Send, Page by Email, the Outlook Express is opens vs Outlook. I have checked and under Tools, Internet Options, Programs, Outlook is selected as the email program and when I click on an email link on a web site Outook opens. Any ideas why for emailing a page, OE opens vs Outlook. Much thx! try setting it to OE, apply, then reset it to Outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http...

Create just an email user
How do I create an AD user that may be used only to access its mailbox (and not to login to a client computer)? What about removing it from "Domain Users"? Thanks! You can't. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Gaspar" <noreply@nospamplease.com> wrote in message news:uxLkgA6kKHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How do I create an AD user that may be used only to access its mailbox > (and not to login to a client computer)? > What about removing it from "Domain ...

MSDN Universal & use of CRM 1.2
We have MSDN Empower program subscription. The license explicitly permits use of SBS and Exchange for real world use - not just development. This is unusual for MSDN as I understand. I can't find definitive confirmation if CRM is also permitted for actual use under Empower, or not. If it is, can we add licenses to the MSDN Subscriber organization ? John m. John, Try the M$ action pack, $299 US. http://members.microsoft.com/partner/salesmarketing/partnermarket/actionpack/actionpackus.aspx <snip> The Microsoft Action Pack Subscription is designed to provide you with the essentia...

Printing in Outlook 2003 #2
I don't often print E-Mails, but I'm stunned (in the negative sense) that the print function in outlook 2003 seem to no longer allow printing of anything other than an ENTIRE E-Mail message. How do I print just the first page? SURELY, they can't have been so dumb as to only allow printing of the entire message? But I don't see the various options to print only the current page, or only specfici pages (although there are options to print only odd or only even pages). What am I missing? Barry Watzman wrote: > I don't often print E-Mails, but I'm stunned (in...

Exchange 2003 Public Folder Problem #2
All - I have 2 Ex2003 servers, (hqmail & njmail) both hosting public and private store. Both servers are in the same administrative group and in the same routing group. When a user creates a new public folder from a client or from OWA, the public folder is always created on the same server, njmail. When the user uses OWA to browse the public folders, they are redirected to the njmail public no matter where their mailbox resides. Also, the users on hmail and using OL, they experience a delay when trying to view the public folder because they are getting the data from another serve...

Opinions, information ... #2
Hello, I would like to ask the following question. Now, we have several company's with there own e-mail suffix for example test@company1.be , test@company2.pl , test@company3.fr , and there own local provider and IT infrastruture. What we would like is that all these company's get an e-mail address like @company.com. What is the easiest way to do this ? Can we use a pop3 server ? The company with .pl use there own exchange now but aren't connected to the main facility. Thx for the info ...

How to stop: Outlook keeps sending emails from outbox
One of our PCs in network had virus before. It is cleaned via Mac Fee antivirus software. The person has that computer confirm that her PC has no virus now. However, her Outlook sometime keeps sending a certain email multiple times. The other who receive that email then has the problem: some how the email is auto-replied. The Mac Fee warns that the outlook sending mail multiple times and it could be a virus. At least, there are three people in the local network has the infected emails from the first person. The Antivirus software has not found anything after scanning. They also used Micro T...

Outlook Email To email address dependent on dropdown value
I have the vba code in my word 2003 form to send an email to a specific address etc. What I want to do is depending upon the value of a specific dropdown field send to a different email address. So, if the value is 1 then send to me@thisemail.com but if the value is 2 then sent to them@thisemail.com. I've looked everywhere on this group and can't find an answer. Could someone help me out please. thanks so much you guys are great! The following should work Sub Send_As_Mail_Attachment() ' send the document as an attachment _ in an Outlook Email message Dim b...

security #2
In Excel 2000, How can I secure a spreadsheet so nobody can copy or print it? It is on a shared network drive. Thank You Hi not really possible in Excel. All types of macro security could easily be circumvented -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Project Princess" <Project Princess@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:46DC203E-557A-45B1-9E75-27C900F92900@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2000, How can I secure a spreadsheet so nobody can copy or print it? > It is on a shared network drive. > > Thank You ...

FRx errors with emailing reports
A customer is receiving error messages when emailing FRx reports - they don't seem to affect anything, the reports are sent and received via email and FRx doesn't close but with every report that they send, they get the same message. "Drill Down Viewer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." DrillDown Viewer closes, FRx remains open. We have checked all of the settings to enable email, everything seems to be OK and the reports do get sent, just an annoyance having the message pop up every time. Has anyone seen this before...

request to solve my problem #2

CONDITION IN MACRO #2
This is an update to an earlier question I posed. I am using Access 2002. I'm trying to use a Condition in a Macro to determine whether or not to SetValue. It appears that the Condition will not allow me to use a "wildcard" (asterisk). The Field I'm checking is filled with entries like CRUZ SA or CRUZ SB or CRUZ SC. I simply want to set the Condition to look for CRUZ*...meaning any entry that begins with CRUZ. The Condition I set up is [CLASS]="CRUZ*". It doesn't work. But, when I set the Condition to [CLASS]="CRUZ SA" it works. Access Help seem...

Macros Disabled #2
Hello, I have a user running Excel 2000 on a Win 2000 sp3 machine. She has a file with several macros. The file is a form with data fields for names, numbers, etc. As soon as she enters any data and clicks the tab button to go to the next field, she gets an error message that the Macros have been disabled and the Tab key won't go to the next field. She emailed me the file and when I open it on my machine (same setup), I first get asked if I want to enable the macros. I say Yes - and everything works fine. I emailed the file back to the user, but it's still broken on her...

Pivot Table Splits Columns for same entry #2
Thanks for the response. However, I seem to have misrepresented m problem because the solution doesn't help. In the Layout for the Pivo Table I have the following: In the "ROW": Item#, In the "COLUMN": Tota Lost $, Frequency of Reports generated by item #, In the "DATA": sum th counts of each item #. My chart displays the Item# on the x-axis, th sum the counts of each item # on the y-axis, the Total Lost $ and th Frequency of Reports generated by item # in the legend. There should only be one column per item # whether the chart type i stacked or clustered. I...

Hidden fields in new emails
When I begin to type a new message, the text doesn't appear (the words are hidden) until spell check/sending/or printing. When I select the icon for the font color of text (black) it begins to show my typing as I'm composing the message, but the other words (anything I typed in the 'hidden field') only shows up in the spell check portion and remains hidden. Why are my messages starting with this hidden field and how do I get rid of it? I'm sure I must have pressed some command inadvertently as it was not always working like this. (only been using about a week so s...

graphic signature #2
Does anyone know of a script for adding a graphic image as a default signature? Charles <ckeast@shaw.ca> wrote: > Does anyone know of a script for adding a graphic image as a default > signature? Just include the graphic in your signature file. See if this helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/signatures.htm -- Brian Tillman I too am having difficulty with this task. Have you had any success? I have done everything described in demo's, confirmed proper settings in Outlook etc. and it still does not display the graphic. Only that good ol' "red X"...

Unwanted confirmation of synchronization #2
Hello. We're using Outlook 2000 at work (and Win 2K). A user in our network has his profile set to enable offline folders, so he has it synchronize apparently every so often while online. He tells me he gets an annoying dialog box repeatedly throughout the day...telling him his last synchronization was SUCCESSFUL. I know you can see a notification if there was a problem (I get them if I have AutoArchive errors), but I see nowhere that I can tell Outlook to NOT tell me if a synchronization went OK. The user tells me it gets irritating, and I agree. For now I told him to simply set it to sy...

I cannot read forwarded messages. I only get an email address
For some reason, when someone forwards a message to me all that shows up is the email address of the person who originally sent the message. Any ideas? Change your View>Encoding setting. "Michelle10000" wrote: > For some reason, when someone forwards a message to me all that shows up is > the email address of the person who originally sent the message. Any ideas? ...

mdb attachments #2
Is there a security setting that I need to change in Outlook (2002) in order to download mdb attachments? Thanks! See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for more information on how to configure the "attachment blocking" feature of Outlook 2002/2003. "vjf103" <vjf103@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D44DEE13-3F73-44B1-B4A4-E5873CA54821@microsoft.com... > Is there a security setting that I need to change in Outlook (2002) in > order > to download mdb attachments? Thanks! ...