forward as attachment

Does anyone know a utility/program to "attach original message" when
forwarding?
we would like to control this feature on the server side (exchange 2003),
rather then trying to set everyones outlook mailbox in this way

Thanks
MC

0
MC

Not sure if you can control this on the Server side but you might check GFI
Mail Essentials as it can send a duplicate/copy of the mail message to
another account Server side.

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"MC" <webmaster@ozoptics.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know a utility/program to "attach original message" when
> forwarding?
> we would like to control this feature on the server side (exchange 2003),
> rather then trying to set everyones outlook mailbox in this way
>
> Thanks
> MC

0
John
11/16/2009 9:15:13 PM
On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:40:09 -0500, "MC" <webmaster@ozoptics.com>
wrote:

>Does anyone know a utility/program to "attach original message" when
>forwarding?
>we would like to control this feature on the server side (exchange 2003),
>rather then trying to set everyones outlook mailbox in this way

That's a client-side decision. For Outlook it's probably something you
can set with the MS Office tools and push to the clients.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich
11/16/2009 10:07:11 PM
is there a way to install outlook with that default setting "attach original
message" when forwarding?
that way, we don't have to worry about settingup individual clients.
(Installing outlook with a default settings, no matter who logs in to the
PC, should have same default settings to beging with)

MC

> On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:40:09 -0500, "MC" <webmaster@ozoptics.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know a utility/program to "attach original message" when
>>forwarding?
>>we would like to control this feature on the server side (exchange 2003),
>>rather then trying to set everyones outlook mailbox in this way
>
> That's a client-side decision. For Outlook it's probably something you
> can set with the MS Office tools and push to the clients.
> ---
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

0
MC
11/17/2009 4:15:12 PM
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:15:12 -0500, "MC" <webmaster@ozoptics.com>
wrote:

>is there a way to install outlook with that default setting "attach original
>message" when forwarding?
>that way, we don't have to worry about settingup individual clients.
>(Installing outlook with a default settings, no matter who logs in to the
>PC, should have same default settings to beging with)

That's a question better asked in a forum for MS Office products. You
can certainly customize many settings for Outlook in a standard image.
You can also manage those settings with policies. But how you'd go
about it is peculiar to how your client base is managed. You're not
going to be able to use a policy on machines that aren't domain
joined, and it may be that you don't have a standard desktop/laptop
image to use when a new machine is deployed.

I suppose this might be a place for you to start:
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich
11/17/2009 4:29:04 PM
I tried using a windows domain policy, but could not locate outlook related
settings, unless I get a script to run during logon
Thanks

> On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:15:12 -0500, "MC" <webmaster@ozoptics.com>
> wrote:
>
>>is there a way to install outlook with that default setting "attach
>>original
>>message" when forwarding?
>>that way, we don't have to worry about settingup individual clients.
>>(Installing outlook with a default settings, no matter who logs in to the
>>PC, should have same default settings to beging with)
>
> That's a question better asked in a forum for MS Office products. You
> can certainly customize many settings for Outlook in a standard image.
> You can also manage those settings with policies. But how you'd go
> about it is peculiar to how your client base is managed. You're not
> going to be able to use a policy on machines that aren't domain
> joined, and it may be that you don't have a standard desktop/laptop
> image to use when a new machine is deployed.
>
> I suppose this might be a place for you to start:
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc298434.aspx
> ---
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

0
MC
11/17/2009 5:13:53 PM
Group policy templates are in the Outlook Resource Kit.  There are different
versions for the different versions of Outlook.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

>I tried using a windows domain policy, but could not locate outlook related
>settings, unless I get a script to run during logon
> Thanks
>

> "Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:15:12 -0500, "MC" <webmaster@ozoptics.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>is there a way to install outlook with that default setting "attach
>>>original
>>>message" when forwarding?
>>>that way, we don't have to worry about settingup individual clients.
>>>(Installing outlook with a default settings, no matter who logs in to the
>>>PC, should have same default settings to beging with)
>>
>> That's a question better asked in a forum for MS Office products. You
>> can certainly customize many settings for Outlook in a standard image.
>> You can also manage those settings with policies. But how you'd go
>> about it is peculiar to how your client base is managed. You're not
>> going to be able to use a policy on machines that aren't domain
>> joined, and it may be that you don't have a standard desktop/laptop
>> image to use when a new machine is deployed.
>>
>> I suppose this might be a place for you to start:
>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc298434.aspx
>> ---
>> Rich Matheisen
>> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

0
Ed

OL2K-SR1 can't find/open outbound attachments
I moved the girlfriend's XP Pro SP1 system from a 8GB drive with no wiggle room to a roomy 30GB drive. Now Outlook 2K claims it can't find or open outbound attachments. It worked fine before the move. I believe I checked all the Option settings; even tried deleting and re-installing Office 2K SR1, with no luck. I'd really appreciate any ideas here. Thanks. Joe ...

Initiating an Excel mail attachment through Excel
Using Office 2002 SP3. A user opens an excel doc located on a network server. When they choose file -> send to -> mail recipient (as attachment)... This error message pops up: Outlook Could not open one or more attachments. You can open Outlook, browse to the excel file and attach it, but you cannot initiate the attachment from Excel. Or you can save it locally and then attach it. I saw this in Office 2000 and lowering the attachment security to NONE seemed to fix it. However, the attachment security in 2002 and greater seems be located in the registry and did not have th...

Outlook Attachment help...
I'm not sure if this is even possible but if it is I'd appreciate some help. I have a school email account but I like to use Outlook to view all my mail so I forward all school mail to my comcast account and just filter it to its own folder. My school account doesn't have pop or imap so that's why I can't access it directly and have to forward it. The problem is when I view it in Outlook all my emails from school are sent as attachments. Is there a rule or something I can create to have them show up normally instead of as attachments? It's just a PITA to open up every...

Attachment password reminder?
My company sends attachments (office files) to clients via the internet. They usually password protect these files. Is there anyway to have outlook tell the user that the attachment does not have a password? Sometimes they forget to put the password on the attachment... Thanks, J.R. ...

New Messages includes Attachment! WHY!
One of our uses was playing around with outlook and now when ever she replys to a message or creates a new message there is an attachment on the page. It is always the same one and she can just delete it. I try to go and edit her signature options but the option is grayed out! Please help! Thanks ...

can I copy photos attached to emails onto a disc
I receive lots of emails with attached photos. How do I get the photos from the inbox of Microsoft Outlook onto a disc so that I can get them printed ????? ...

Attached Image file
Hi, Previously a user of outlook express, after upgraded to Outlook 2003. Find that the image viewing from outlook attachement very suffering... not like outlook express, i can scroll through all attached image inside my e-mail, but for outlook, i have double-click all the attached image in order to view them... is there a way to make image viewing easier.. pls advice what setting i can set in outlook 2003 or my exhange server 2003 ?? Thanks! No such setting. Outlook does not preview attachments inline intentionally. This is not Outlook Express. -- Russ Vale...

forwarding question for exchange 2k3
I have a new Exchange 2k3 server up and running. I am looking to add email addresses for folks in our sister company and route the messages to them. For example I wish to have johndoe@xyz.com (my domain) route to johndoe@xyz.de (sister domain). Can this be done without creating full mailboxes for those users? Thanks JP You can add Active Directory contact objects into your domain for the sister company. If there are shedloads you can consider using something like SimpleSync www.cps- systems.com to do regular synch ups between the two domains. If the two domains are only liked via the...

.how open doc attach in exelspreadsheet xls...
what do I need to open an attachment that is in a spreadsheet xls exel spreadsheet. what do I need to download thanks bjs Joe If you just want to view or print the Excel file you can Download and install the Excel Viewer from.... http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx Excel is not included with Windows OS. It is part of MS Office Suite or a stand-alone application. You don't download Excel. You purchase it or Office Suite from a retailer or order from MS on line. They will send you a CD. For info on ordering see this website. http://www.microsoft.com/office/...

attachment or a forward
There are a lot of times that I'm receive an e-mail that says there is an attachment. But when I go to open it there is a blank page. What I really think is the sender is forwarding a message from someone else and it never appears for me. The instance I have in mind comes from someone who uses AOL. There are many other times this occurs but I haven't really paid attention to the senders mail account. What is going on? thanks. AOL compresses their email attachments. You need to download the opening program from AOL. Do a file save as and then open with AOL decompressio...

blocked attachment #7
I have a user with outlook 2003 The user gets emails from our customer that has an attachment. The extension of the file is .snp Never had a problem with this before. But now, when looking in her inbox, it shows that there is an attachemnt, but she cant view it. If I R-Clcik on teh email and selct view, it shows teh file. If I try to open, it wont, if I tray to save it to teh desktop, I get a message saying Outlook can't save teh file. This was workign just fine earlier today, and emails recieved yeterday can still be opened fine. Restarted teh machine, no luck. Any ideas...

reply/forward icon
The field for the reply and forward icons is not present and thus I cannot see those icons when I forward or reply to a message. Bummer - care to share the version of Outlook, the message editor, when it last worked, and what you did to make it stop working (installation of new software, uninstallations, etc.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Ed Gask...

Emailing attachments from Access
Not sure if this is the best group for this... I have an access application that needs to send emails. Some of the emails will require an attachment (may be more than one). The attachment will always be from a defined directory. Im using the code below to send the mail. What I'd like to be able to do is set the path of the directory that attachments will come from so that when user clicks Insert File, the file dialog opens in the correct directory. If there was only ever going to be a single attachment, I could open a File dialog first and send an attachment path into procedure ...

Outlook sending messages attachments corrupt??
Hi there I can't send any messages with attachment any more?? Attachments upon arrival appear as gibberish letters. Or if the attachment is a lager file it produces multiple emails ( up to fifteen single messages) Each email is screened by Norton antivirus 2003. I have not detected virus on my pc. any help would be much appreciated. What is going on?? Regards Norman ...

Why can't the email attachments I send always be opened?
I have problems sending emails with attachments that contain a spreadsheet I made using works task manager and also an attachment of a schedule that was made with works word processor. How can I save these documents in a format that they can be opened when sent as attachments to an email? Hi the recipient of your email has to have a program which can open your files. e.g. MS Works. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cwrogers wrote: > I have problems sending emails with attachments that contain a > spreadsheet I made using works task manager and also an attachment of > a...

Forwarding on both domains
Hello, I have a couple of users which need to have mail in 2 different domains. Is it possible to forward the mail between these 2 domains and not create a loop? user@domain1 needs to forward to user@domain2 user@domain2 needs to forward to user@domain1 Any help appreciated. Arp Hiemstra I don't see how a loop can be avoided. Why can't the user just logon to one account consistently so you remove one half of the forwarding issue, i.e. Logon to domain 1 so only forward from domain2. Nue "Arp Hiemstra" <ArpHiemstra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Viewing .pps attachments in e mail
I used to have Microsoft Office and could view any .pps file attachments in incoming e mail. My OS crashed and after re-installed OS system, I cannot find my Microsoft Office installation discs and now discover that I am unable to open these attachments. I downloaded the free Power Point viewer from the MS download center and could not get it to work. I found some info on how to fix the problem and now I actually get the PPS viewer program to open, but then I get multiple error messages telling me it cannot find the files "Documents", "and", "local&quo...

Outlook Express attachment directory
I have one windows 2000 computer that defaults to the last place I saved an attachment and another that always goes back to default in my documents. Both computers are upgraded to latest version of windows 2000 professional. Where can I set a default for the download directory for attachments. Lee Lee <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have one windows 2000 computer that defaults to the last > place I saved an attachment and another that always goes > back to default in my documents. > Both computers are upgraded to latest version of windows > 2000 p...

Forwarding Outlook Web Access Mail
I would like to forward the email I receive in Outlook web forward it to my Gmail account. I was looking into the rules and I created one with every option blank except the option "forward it to". Can you tell me how the rule should look like to accomplish this? Thanks. ...

Embeding a photo in outlook 2007 without attaching it
I just uplgraded to windows 7 and office 2007. I send emails through a distribution list that charges me on the file size of my emails. So what I do is upload images to a server then have my outlook stream the photos in the email rather than attach them. Well I can not seem to find out how to do this in outlook 2007, so i then downloaded the windows live mail but that doesn't seem to work when I tell it to not attach the images. I have been working on this way too long! Can someone help? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/72 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coautho...

Save All Attachments
Periodically, I get emails with several *.txt files attached (I am using Outlook 2000). Instead of saving the attachments one file at a time, I have tried to chose all the attachments, then save all of them. Sometimes this works well, and other times, I get the message that "The filename is not valid." Its like if I navigate to certain folders, it doesn't work but there is no real "weirdness" related to the folder name that I see. Does anyone know what's going on here? Is there some kind of limitation to the length of the path and file name? Any help appreciat...

Can't attach a stored procedure to a Crystal report??
"Information is needed before this report can be processed" I get this error when I try to run a report through CRM that has been built with a stored procedure as the data source. Preview mode in Cystal shows the data just fine. Seems like this might be a bug. Any ideas? Thanks, Dave ...

how to forward mail to correct domains and Exch servers,
We have an NT 4 domain (call it "NT4") and a new AD domain (call it "AD"). Domain NT4 is NT 4 with Exchange 5.5. New domain AD with Windows 2003 and very soon Exchange 2003. We have one Internet domain name ("abc.com"). How can we have mail sent to user@abc.com get routed to the correct Exchange server on the correct domain? Currently our firewall passes all SMTP traffic to the NT4 Exchange 5.5 server. I'm thinking the answer is the ADC, but will this work between two different (but trusting) domains? If this is the answer, does the ADC end up "ins...

outlook attachment
Can anyone please help? I tried to open an attachment, but it prompted me with a message "This object was created in Outlook. This application is not available to open this object. Make sure the application is properly installed and that it has not been deleted, moved, or renamed." Not your fault. Have the sender resend the message with an attachment in a format you can open. "Lynn" wrote: > Can anyone please help? I tried to open an attachment, but it prompted me > with a message "This object was created in Outlook. This application is not > av...

splitting of data elements
Not sure of the best way to approach this so I thought i'd seek help I have been asked to split a contact name column in a database to its corresponding parts Title Firstname / forename Surname Letters after name e.g. BSc and Joe, its not my database so I can do without the usual 1FN / bad designs lecture please, i've just been asked to do the work. Im not sure if its best done in dot net or SQL? Thanks Simon Simon Whale wrote: > Not sure of the best way to approach this so I thought i'd seek help > > I have been asked to split a contact na...