Forward and Deliver Messages

If the Exchange General, Delivery Options, are used to set up forwarding of
messages to another user as well as the original recipient, and the original
recipient does not have access to AD, is there a way that user can tell that
their messages are being forwarded?

Thanks.
--Sandy

0
sproe (9)

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:50:48 -0400, "Sandy Proesch"
<sproe@spamcop.net> wrote:

>If the Exchange General, Delivery Options, are used to set up forwarding of
>messages to another user as well as the original recipient, and the original
>recipient does not have access to AD, is there a way that user can tell that
>their messages are being forwarded?
>
>Thanks.
>--Sandy

There are a few ways. If you have Message Tracking enabled you can
look up a message and view it in and out of the system.
If you are logging smtp events you can look in the smtp log to see the
connection information to the destination location.
If you are archiving traffic in/out of the store you can view the
outbound messages in the selected archive mailbox.
0
mark7219 (5666)

Message numbers?
In Exchange 2003 is there a way to track simply how many email messages have been sent and recieved on a month by month status? All that is really needed is the numbers but not where the went or who sent. Of course if there are more granular ways to do this, please include. Thanks! No easy way although you could turn on journaling and do it manually, write a transport event sink to start and increment a count based on date. Nue "Transam388" <Transam388@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDDA6E49-D467-4C41-B696-FD4E0F2BCAA6@microsoft.com... > In Exchan...

Intelligent Message filter #18
My Intelligent Message Filter for some reason stopped working on the 16th. I have restart the Default SMTP virtual server on my front-end but it is still not working. Any ideas on what I can do to get this working again? Tyson <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My Intelligent Message Filter for some reason stopped working on the > 16th. I have restart the Default SMTP virtual server on my front-end > but it is still not working. > > Any ideas on what I can do to get this working again? What SP on Exchange, and what are the exact symptoms? ...

OWA
I have one computer that when trying to access exchange 2003 via OWA the messages are not listed. The message count is correct and all folders are there and visible but no message list or anything in the reading pane. Anybody have a fix? Are there no replies to this? I've found several others asking the same question here and getting no answers at all. EX2K3 on Win2K3 enterprise server, problem seems to be a client one as the same mailbox can successfully be accessed from other computers and this computer has same behaviour for all mailboxes. >-----Original Message----- >I ...

Recurrent 2004 Installation Message
Almost every time I restart/start my computer, I have a "Windows Installing" message come up on the screen. It then asks me to close Money Messenger 2004 so I may proceed. If I close Money Messenger from the toolbar or task manager, it goes away. If I start Money 2004, it has numerous "Installing" message boxes come and go as it eventually loads. I do have spyware and Norton antivirus software but the initial installation seemed to go fine. My spyware also continues to identify a program name "eblaster" which I know can track e-mail. Could this eblaster ...

Exchange Server error message
I'm getting this error message from our exchange server 'error 552 too much mail data'. We have enough disk space on the server and we have no limits configured. Any ideas would be appreciated. "techman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm getting this error message from our exchange >server 'error 552 too much mail data'. We have enough disk >space on the server and we have no limits configured. Any >ideas would be appreciated. Does this happen for ALL messages, or just some? It may be that the message contains a line ...

Message Box Title
Is there a way to Center the Title of a Message Box in Access 2003? Thanks No. -- Ken Snell http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/ "accesshacker" <accesshacker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A383C6B-143C-49D8-ABAC-D705D6A616DB@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to Center the Title of a Message Box in Access 2003? > > Thanks There is a possible kludge with something like: MsgBox("This is a test",vbQuestion+vbYesNo," Centered") It ain't pretty but might work. -- Duane Hook...

outlook delete message outbox problem
I am seeing that this is not an unusual problem. I have tried working "offline". I have tried disconnecting the internet connection to the computer, restarting, delaying message sending, etc. File still will not delete or be moved. I have noticed same "error" message as some others have gotten, mapi spooling? and "message has already begun transmission what a joke this has been for 2 weeks and I don't even know what archives this has been pulled from. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

Pending outbound messages
We are running Ex5.5 on a NT4sp6a machine. We had a problem on the mailsweeper box and all of the outbound messages in the last 12 hours are formated incorrctly, "Message Delayed" notes are being sent to the originators. Is there a location within Exchange that stores all of these pending messages before it tries to send out again. I have looked int he MTA but there is nothing listed. Jeff Jeff wrote: > We are running Ex5.5 on a NT4sp6a machine. We had a > problem on the mailsweeper box and all of the outbound > messages in the last 12 hours are formated >...

Long delay in opening New Message windows
My Windows mail has recently developed the problem of taking 10 seconds or more just to open a create new message window. How do I fix this? Did you add any 3rd party software into the Add Ins -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Jembeaux" <Jembeaux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A58C3591-9431-4BDF-8D32-9ACE1E12D41E@microsoft.com... > My Windows mail has recently developed the problem of taking 10 seconds or > more just to open a create ne...

Out of Office Assisatnt Forwarding
I'm having a weird issue. I've turne don out of office assistant and set it uo to forward to email to an outside email address so I can get email. Unfortuantely its not forwarding the email. Why is this? Mentioning the version of Exchange you're on helps a lot when answering these questions. Did you set up an OOF in Outlook - which simply auto-replies to senders about your out of office status - or setup up forwarding in AD Users & Comuters | recipient properties | Exchange General tab | Delivery Options? (You would need to create a Contact for the external address to...

Email messages in project center not showing in Entourage inbox
I am using Entourage 2004 version 11.4.0 on a Macbook with OSX version 10.5.8. I have several projects set up in the Project Center and email from some contacts are automatically made part of the different projects. Up until last week, all of my emails were showing up in the regular Mail Inbox, with the project marked by the colored dot in the Projects column. Now, however, some emails show up in the Project Center mail window, but not in the regular Inbox view. It has caused me to miss a few emails and is getting frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this? Or does anyone know what ...

Annoying event log message #1
Hi all On my Exchange 2003 server (on Windows Server 2003) I see a System event logged approx every 20 minutes that says "The WMI Performance Adapter service was successfully sent a start control" followed by "The WMI Performance Adapter service entered the running state" then "The WMI Performance Adapter service entered the stopped state". I understand that this messages are purely informational and that the Windows Management Instrumentation service is required in order to run the Microsoft Exchange Management service. How can I get the system to stop re...

GL Posting date is missing or invalid error message
Hello, When trying to post a Sales order through Sales transactions entry window, we get an error message 'General ledger posting date is invalid or missing' The dates seem correct. The fiscal periods are all set up correctly. This happens whether we try to post an individual transcation or a batch. The batch looks like it is posting, but all the posting reports have zero mamounts in them & the batch still sits there even after posting as if it has never been posted. We are running GP 8.00g34 What is causing this & how do we fix it? Thanks Did you recently change your pos...

Error message #77
I get following Outlook error message: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? "If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'. [Options Yes, No, Help] Never got this until I installed Adobe Acrobat 6, Standard. Adobe Tech says they can solve problem but will cost $39 on my nickel (no toll-free phones to Adobe Tech). They say MS problem but cannot find fix. Anybody out there know how to fix this? Thanks. Emmett <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get follow...

message
voulez-vous discuter avec moi krys ...

Can't get newsgroup messages posted by self
I have a weird issue with Windows Live Mail concerting synchronizing messages from newsgroups. If I post a message to the Microsoft private newsgroups (privatenews.microsoft.com), I don't see the post but I can see new posts by other users. If I use Outlook Express on Windows XP, I see my posts. I don't have problems with WLM synchronizing my hotmail e-mail. Any idea how I can troubleshoot this issue? "Teo Lachev" <TeoLachev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65458221-D220-47D9-95E3-A9B593424714@microsoft.com... > I have a weird issu...

"Delayed Delivery" never delivers
I am using Outlook 2002 that links to a corporate Exchange 5.5 server. When I select in options on a new message for delayed delivery the message never reaches its destination. I have tried to send to both intenal and external e-mail accounts and none of them work. I can see the message waiting in my outbox and it disappears when the desired send time comes to pass. After that...nothing. The e- mail shows in my sent items folder but it never actually arrives at its destination. What am I missing here? Thanks, Jeff Any chance the message also has an expiration date on it that i...

Strange message tracking and NDR
Can anyone explain this tracking log? 19/10/2006 13:00 SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing 19/10/2006 13:00 SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue 19/10/2006 13:00 SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorizer 19/10/2006 13:00 SMTP: Message Categorized and Queued For Routing 19/10/2006 13:00 SMTP: Message Queued For Local Delivery 19/10/2006 13:00 SMTP: Message Delivered Locally to user@parkwaycc.co.uk 19/10/2006 13:00 SMTP: Non-Delivered Report (NDR) Generated The NDR was also unhelpful; the error code appears to be 5.2.1 but the message was only 32K. On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:0...

changing the message list in outlook 2003
i just upgraded from office 2000 to 2003. in the message look in outlook, it separates the messages by date. is there any way to turn this off, so i just have a long list of messages? Right click on the header in the message list, uncheck "show in groups." --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Lee Benningfield asked: | i just upgraded from office 2000 to 2003. in the mess...

Configure a delay in Outbound Messages
Hi I have a customer who is wanting to configure a delay in outbound delivery of mail. For example they are wanting to send outbound when the Q length is say 10 or 20 messages or perhaps to send on a 15 minute schedule. The reason for doing this is so that there is a time window where a message can be stopped from being sent if it should not have been sent. Is this easy to do or is it rather complicated with good reasons why you'd never want to do it? TIA KIWI On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 12:55:56 -0800, "KIWI" <john_hastie@nospanhotmail.com> wrote: >Hi > >I ha...

Error message 0x8004210A #3
I haven't been able to send/receive email for about one week. I run McAfee Anti-virus and stopping email scan doesn't stop message. Can anyone help? Hi CMarx. please read this here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;827349 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "CMarx" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2f11401c46cee$c42594b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I haven't been able to send/receive email for about ...

How to auto forward the incoming msg's
PLz reply Plz give details of what you're looking for. You've posted this request to a newsgroup that deals with Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. Somehow I doubt that your question is intended to be related to Access: it sounds to me like it's for Outlook, Outlook Express, or some other mail client. Assuming I'm correct, you'd be best off reposting to a more appropriate newsgroup. And, as I already said, give details of what you're looking for (and what product you're using, on what operating system) -- Doug Steele, Mic...

error message when opening outlook
when I open out look I get an error messsage that says >error message 0x8E54010f .DLL not found PSTPRX.DLL and I >can't do anything with outlook. How can I resolve this >problem ...

message reply feature
is there a feature to turn on that will indicate which messages I've replied to? AT my old job, OUtlook would show an arrow next to the envelope to indicate a message has been replied to. ...

Meeting requests not being delivered to one mailbox
Running Exchange 2003 on a Server 2003 R2. All updates and patches applied. When creating a meeting invite and sending to one user (the only user this happens to) with a delivery and read receipt - recieve a delivery receipt that the invite was delivered to the user AND a ndr for a user that no longer exists (the account was deleted). This 2nd user was a deligate on the first users. I.E., 1st user - Mary, 2nd user - Jane. Jane was a delegate for Mary. Invite only sent to Mary - delivery receipt for Mary, ndr for Jane. In addition, the invite email never shows in the Mary inbox. Chec...