forward all mail in the mailbox

We have a rather high turn over rate where I work and I find that most of
the time the dept head wants all of the email in the terminated persons
mailbox.

I have played around with a few different options and was just looking for
your input on some ways to do it.

currently I find that the best way is to give myself permission to the
mailbox and load it in Outlook and forward them as needed but that seems to
be a bit of a pain to me.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Justin

0
jrich5231 (27)

use exmerge.exe to make a copy of the mailbox to a pst file...then the
department head can mount the pst as a personal folder...

"Justin Rich" <jrich523@yahoo.spam> wrote in message
> We have a rather high turn over rate where I work and I find that most of
> the time the dept head wants all of the email in the terminated persons
> mailbox.
>
> I have played around with a few different options and was just looking for
> your input on some ways to do it.
>
> currently I find that the best way is to give myself permission to the
> mailbox and load it in Outlook and forward them as needed but that seems
> be a bit of a pain to me.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Justin

0
sconkey (3059)
3/28/2005 9:46:20 PM
You can say that again.  Let the department head mess with that.  I'd do one
of a few things.

1.  Assign permissions to the Dept. head to view the mailbox.  Not the
easiest if the dept. head doesn't know how to open additional mailboxes.
2.  Remove/modify the SMTP addresses for the departed user and then add the
old smtp addresses to the department head.  let them create an Outlook rule
to filter messages sent to those e-mail addresses to a specific folder.
3.  Same result as 2, but in the user properties of the departed user, go
the Exchange General, Delivery Options.  Specify the Department head as the
forwarding address.

2 is the best option if you want to disable the user account of the departed
user (recommended).  If you aren't disabling user accounts, you should be
immediately changing the passwords.  You can also do as Susan indicates and
create a PST file, but that won't address future e-mail.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Justin Rich" <jrich523@yahoo.spam> wrote in message
> We have a rather high turn over rate where I work and I find that most of
> the time the dept head wants all of the email in the terminated persons
> mailbox.
>
> I have played around with a few different options and was just looking for
> your input on some ways to do it.
>
> currently I find that the best way is to give myself permission to the
> mailbox and load it in Outlook and forward them as needed but that seems
> to be a bit of a pain to me.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Justin

0
Ben
3/28/2005 9:51:16 PM
I do number 3 with disabling the account. I was actually referring to
previous emails.
Thanks for the input.

Justin

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> wrote
in message news:%23UMvFB%23MFHA.3328@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> You can say that again.  Let the department head mess with that.  I'd do
> one of a few things.
>
> 1.  Assign permissions to the Dept. head to view the mailbox.  Not the
> easiest if the dept. head doesn't know how to open additional mailboxes.
> 2.  Remove/modify the SMTP addresses for the departed user and then add
> the old smtp addresses to the department head.  let them create an Outlook
> rule to filter messages sent to those e-mail addresses to a specific
> folder.
> 3.  Same result as 2, but in the user properties of the departed user, go
> the Exchange General, Delivery Options.  Specify the Department head as
> the forwarding address.
>
> 2 is the best option if you want to disable the user account of the
> departed user (recommended).  If you aren't disabling user accounts, you
> should be immediately changing the passwords.  You can also do as Susan
> indicates and create a PST file, but that won't address future e-mail.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
>

> "Justin Rich" <jrich523@yahoo.spam> wrote in message
>> We have a rather high turn over rate where I work and I find that most of
>> the time the dept head wants all of the email in the terminated persons
>> mailbox.
>>
>> I have played around with a few different options and was just looking
>> for your input on some ways to do it.
>>
>> currently I find that the best way is to give myself permission to the
>> mailbox and load it in Outlook and forward them as needed but that seems
>> to be a bit of a pain to me.
>>
>> Thanks for any suggestions.
>>
>> Justin

0
jrich5231 (27)
3/29/2005 12:11:05 AM
That would assume my users can do that. Im not so sure that's really the
easiest way for me but I had considered that and I guess that is probably
what I should do.

Thanks for the input.

Justin

"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> use exmerge.exe to make a copy of the mailbox to a pst file...then the
> department head can mount the pst as a personal folder...
>
> "Justin Rich" <jrich523@yahoo.spam> wrote in message
>> We have a rather high turn over rate where I work and I find that most of
>> the time the dept head wants all of the email in the terminated persons
>> mailbox.
>>
>> I have played around with a few different options and was just looking
>> for
>> your input on some ways to do it.
>>
>> currently I find that the best way is to give myself permission to the
>> mailbox and load it in Outlook and forward them as needed but that seems
>> be a bit of a pain to me.
>>
>> Thanks for any suggestions.
>>
>> Justin

0
jrich5231 (27)
3/29/2005 12:12:12 AM
Justin Rich wrote:
> We have a rather high turn over rate where I work and I find that
> most of the time the dept head wants all of the email in the
> terminated persons mailbox.
>
> I have played around with a few different options and was just
> looking for your input on some ways to do it.
>
> currently I find that the best way is to give myself permission to the
> mailbox and load it in Outlook and forward them as needed but that
> seems to be a bit of a pain to me.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Justin

Give him/her full mailbox rights to the dearly departed's mailbox, and show
him/her how to open it in Outlook.

0
lanwench (7567)

Synchronizing additional mail boxes with outlook 2003
Synchronizing additional mail boxes with outlook 2003 I can make my exchange profile available offline in an .ost file. But I would like to be able to add additional exchange mail boxes that I have permission too, available for offline use under my profile. Does anyone know how to do this or know if it is even possible is any version of outlook? You can create different .ost files for each profile. Just rename them when you create them to match your profile name. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all...

Port forwarding for CRM
I have a router between the CRM server and the internet.. I forwarded outside IP :5555 to local ip of CRM server : 5555 but it is not going through, is there another port I have to open to be able to use this on the outside??? ...

E-mailing 'directly' from website
I recently bought a new laptop and have set up my e-mail account in Windows Mail (Windows 7) and the e-mails work fine. However, when I now try to e-mail from the link on a website a message comes up saying something like 'the e-mail account has been set up incorrectly' How do I correct this? Many thanks Windows Mail is a Vista included application. Windows 7 does not have an email client. Are your referring to Windows Live Mail(WLM) ? If so, and WLM is fully configured as the default email client in Windows 7....some have found that a browser email link may requir...

How to pre setup the cached e-mail name?
If I can just put all my contacts into the cached e-mail name that would be very useful and make my life easier. Does anybody have any idea? Thanks, Tony. I don't have any idea what you mean by the "cached e-mail name." --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Tony" <tonezzz@hotmail.com> wrote in message = news:%23RSZ...

Move e-mail signature file
O.K., I know how to move template files, but how do I instruct Outlook to look in a different place for e-mail signature files? TIA, Bill Bill Allen <T.W.Allen@cox.net> wrote: > O.K., I know how to move template files, but how do I instruct > Outlook to look in a different place for e-mail signature files? You can't control the entire path. Signatures will always be in a subfolder of %AppData%\Microsoft. You can control the name of the subfolder, though, with the registry key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\xxx\Common\General\Signatures, Of course, you can always...

making a second mailBOX for each user in the AD
Hello guys, dno if this is the right place to ask, but i have to start somewhere :-) Basically, I have this situation where the customer definately wants to have 2 different mailboxes for internal and external use. Tried to convince them but it won't work. They are currently working with: - Outlook Express (POP3/SMTP, both hosted on the net) for external - Outlook 2000 with (omg) Post-Office thingie (this is something i really hate) The plan is to convert the complete infrastructure to an Active Directory enabled network, with an Exchange server. This mailserver will be their main mai...

send and recieve external mail
I have a PC that will not send or receive automatically. When I press the button it completes the microsoft exchange server account and the external account continues to show "processing". As it processing it adds more tasks to complete which is the same external mail account. Hi Wil, please try this First - Open Microsoft Outlook up. I use the XP or 2002 version, but this should work for older and later versions. Second - Go into the Tools menu and click Options. Third - Go to the Mail Setup tab. Under the section "Send/Recieve" there will be a button labeled.....

automatically forward mail
I want to be able to automatically forwardan e-mail message to another mailbox not on our server. For example, when I get a message at work using Microsoft Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003, I also want a copy of that message sent to my home mail. I think you have to configure the exchange server to deliver mail to my mailbox and then forward it on to my home address. I can do this manually, but I can't do it automatically. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks crane You can set up a rule to do this, but it would only automatically forward the mail when outlook is running. If your PC at w...

Too much junk mail
For many months I have been receiving 1 or 2 junk mails per day and was happy . Now starting this week I have been receiving between 20 & 40 per day and I am unhappy. What happened since last week. How can I correct it . Using Outlook Express. Well for one thing, you should never use your real e-mail address in a newsgroup. It is one of the many places spammers harvest from. Use your address ah places like Priceline and Lending Tree and it's just a matter of time before the spam hits the fan. The best thing you can do is get a new address and only use it for t...

Email forwarding #11
While looking for the article on email forwarding which tells how to do it using a contact, I found article 555187 which says another way to do it is just to create a contact, then give its primary address as its external one and a secondary as its internal one. When I send to the internal address, it goes nowhere (doesn't even seem to bounce back). I noticed in System manager, there is no mailbox listed for the contact I created. Is this why it doesn't work ? If so what did I miss ?? Also, someone told me there is a way to do the same thing in Outlook, is there ? Thanks t...

can't receive e-mail via outlook express
Starting in Dec. 2003, I've had trouble receiving mail from Cost Rica and now from friends in the States. They can receive my mail but when they reply or type in my address to respond, I cannot receive their mail. I call Verizon who's my internet provider to ask for help and after many test they concluded that it must be an Outlook Express problem. I tried to send myself 7 e-mail test and all faid but one. When I checked the sent box, their listed but none make it to my computer. Please advise, Mike Cesario This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office fa...

Administrator logging in to someone else's mailbox through OWA
Hi, In exchange 5.5's OWA, you put in the mailbox name, and after that it asked for the username/password to log in. This allowed me to set people's out of office message for them when they went out of town and asked me to turn on their out of office. How can I do the equivalent in Exchange 2003? Thanks in advance, Jason You could do it from OWA as well... -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Jason Kontkanen" <trash@ipdas.com> wrote in message news:eAi0$t6vFHA.596@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > In exchange 5.5's OWA,...

Mail Merge.
Have merged two lists and everything went fine. Went to merge the 3rd list for labels and this is the message I got: "Some of the field names in this mail merge list are gland or contain invalid characters, such as periods, brackets or exclamation point. Please change the field names before importing data. The field names are all correct (Name, address, city, state, phone #) Am I on the wrong track.) All the names and addresses are typed right and in the field format box I checked off general to cover all issues. HELP. THANKS Pat ...

forwarding email from other addresses to outlook?
I hava an msn.com and a work e-mail address that I would like to have all forwarded to outlook so i can use the contact management abilities of outlook. is this possible? also, if i do use outlook, can i read my e-mail from a remote computer via internet (like hotmail)? a wrote: > I hava an msn.com and a work e-mail address that I would > like to have all forwarded to outlook so i can use the > contact management abilities of outlook. You can configure Outlook XP and 2003 to use your Hotmail account, if that's what you're asking. > also, if i do use outlook, can ...

Mails Date priblems
Here is the problem. I have been using outlook express since 2006 and have all my mail from 2006 until today. Now I have imported everything into Outlook 2003. The problem I am having is that outlook is screwing up the dates of the emails. Example: an email was received on Jul 18, 2006 but outlook says it was received on Feb 18, 2008. Basically it is just assigning dates of Feb 18, 2008 to every single email regardless of the date it was originally received or sent. Is there any way I can fix this? The steps I am taking are exporting feature in Outlook Express 6 (which reads everythi...

Mails delivered multiple times a day
Hi I�ve got the following problem hoping somebody here knows what can be done about it. There are two users on our exchange server (exchange 2000,service pack3) that get each one email multiple times a day. One email is a "deleted without being read" status notification to the user, the other one is a meeting request Let�s concentrate on the status notification. I paste a copy below (Please note the "xyz" I habe put in) -----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht----- Von: /O=XYZ/OU=GERMANY/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=NKHELIFA Gesendet: Freitag, 3. September 2004 10:52 An: Schaika Volker Bet...

Mailbox store limits and the Warning email
Is there a way to edit the warning message send to users when they exceed the warning limit? http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/04/20/117024.aspx On Wed, 12 May 2004 11:46:01 -0700, "Jatchley" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to edit the warning message send to users when they exceed the warning limit? ...

How can I export my rules from Windows Mail to Outlook 2007
I've upgraded to Outlook 2007 and have transferred all my emails. However I also want to transfer my rules from Windows Mail to Outlook 2007. How can I do this? Thanks, Vincenzo What does Windows Mail support? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Vincenzo asked: | I've upgraded to Outlook 2007 and have transferred all my emails. | However I also want to transfer my rules from Windows Mail to Outlook ...

Forwarding e-mail
Hello, Scenario: Windows 2000 SP4 Network With AD and Exchange 2000 SP3. We have Shops acessing our e-mail system using pop3. We don't allow relay, so since they connect from outside our domain/network, they can only send mail to our network. We pretend them to send e-mail to some specific addresses, but we don't want their name to show...something like this: SHOP A --------> OUR NETWORK ---------> OUTSIDE ADDRESS (AS MYCOMPANY) I've tried using a public folder, the shop sents the e-mail to the PF then with a rule we forward it to the destination, but it appears in ...

Mail abuse
I have an employee who I suspect is using our internal mail system for "shady" things. Is there a way in exchange 2003 that I can archive their incoming and outgoing messages? I have had numerous discussions with this person but he continually denies it despite evidence otherwise. I need some hard proof so I can properly address this issue. Thanks Nathan Stansell http://www.ceratec.net/xwall.htm this tool can do that for you...you could also look into GFI mail esstentials..... as a last resort you could use a keylogger and place it on his desktop...make sure you have an l...

Safe sendershould not go to junk mail
Hi, I have an web application sends email, I found outlook 2003 puts the emails to the junk mail folder if multiple emails were sent within a short period of time, about 1 minute. The initial one was ok went to inbox, while the followings went to junk mail. but if the gap between multiple emails sent time was longer, the problem went away. (each one went to inbox). This only happened for outlook 2003, not for outlook xp. The sender address is in the global address list, with the same domain with all my users. (so I think it qualified as safe sender.) Question: How can I turn off this filt...

Retrieving sent mail logs
Hi, I have been asked to do an investigation into someone sending mail. How do I retrieve a user's SENT MAIL logs from exchange 2003? I need to get the timestamps as to date,time,recipient. How do I go about getting these logs? Do you have any sort of logging enabled currently? There is Message Tracking, which is enabled in Exchange System Manager, on the Server properties, and there is SMTP Protocol loggging, which is enabled on the SMTP Virtual Server. If you don't have either one of these enabled, you aren't going to be able to get historical data on messages sent. --...

Two recipients are configured with the same e-mail address.
I have a web feedback form setup. There is one user who recieves these and I am getting the following message when someone hits submit... " A configuration error in the recipient's e-mail system prevented delivery of this message. Two recipients are configured with the same e-mail address. Contact your administrator." any ideas? I have Exchange 2000 and this does not allow for duplicate addresses to be put in. Any help from http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?spid=global&query=Two+recipients+are+configured+with+the+same+e-mail+address&catalog=LCID%...

way send mail
how send attach file -- maha bghjukvh gjm,ok;/ hl;/ jl; "maha" <maha1527@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u7Y0k19kEHA.3876@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > how send attach file > -- > maha > > ...

Mail in the categorizer
Is there any way to retrieve mail stuck in the categorizer? Thanks! Evan McCutchen evan @ radiologyonesource DOT com 251746 Incoming Message Queues Are Full But the Messages Are Not Delivered http://support.microsoft.com/?id=251746 "Evan McCutchen" <evan@radiologyonesource.com> wrote in message news:uXi%23MgOHEHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to retrieve mail stuck in the categorizer? > > Thanks! > Evan McCutchen > evan @ radiologyonesource DOT com > > The symptoms in this KB article aren't being experienced by our server here,...