form base authentication #2

This is killing me.   I'm implementing form base authentication.  I have SSL
and everything working but for one problem

when use won't to get to owa they type mail.domain.com which then defaults
to http://mail.domain.com.

the problem I'm having is that FBA need it to default to https not http.
How can I get it to default to HTTPS with out telling the uses to type
https?

I am implementing this on a FE/BE environment

wayne

..

0
wmb37 (17)

What I do is change the http port on the main site to something like 8080,
and then create a new site that listens on 80. For that site, instead of it
having a home directory, configure it to be a redirect to
https://mail.domain.com.

"WB" <wmb37@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> This is killing me.   I'm implementing form base authentication.  I have
> SSL and everything working but for one problem
>
> when use won't to get to owa they type mail.domain.com which then defaults
> to http://mail.domain.com.
>
> the problem I'm having is that FBA need it to default to https not http.
> How can I get it to default to HTTPS with out telling the uses to type
> https?
>
> I am implementing this on a FE/BE environment
>
> wayne
>
> .

do you know of a document which would explain how to do that???

"Matthew Kitchin (Usenet/Lists)" <mkitchin.public@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:OX2lN3l6GHA.4304@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> What I do is change the http port on the main site to something like 8080,
> and then create a new site that listens on 80. For that site, instead of
> it having a home directory, configure it to be a redirect to
> https://mail.domain.com.
>
> "WB" <wmb37@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> This is killing me.   I'm implementing form base authentication.  I have
>> SSL and everything working but for one problem
>>
>> when use won't to get to owa they type mail.domain.com which then
>> defaults to http://mail.domain.com.
>>
>> the problem I'm having is that FBA need it to default to https not http.
>> How can I get it to default to HTTPS with out telling the uses to type
>> https?
>>
>> I am implementing this on a FE/BE environment
>>
>> wayne
>>
>> .

0
wmb37 (17)
10/7/2006 10:22:25 PM
It's right there in the GUI for IBIS admin. It should be pretty easy. I
don't know of any document. Just poke around and you will see it.

> do you know of a document which would explain how to do that???

> "Matthew Kitchin (Usenet/Lists)" <mkitchin.public@gmail.com> wrote in
> message news:OX2lN3l6GHA.4304@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> What I do is change the http port on the main site to something like
>> 8080, and then create a new site that listens on 80. For that site,
>> instead of it having a home directory, configure it to be a redirect to
>> https://mail.domain.com.
>>
>> "WB" <wmb37@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> This is killing me.   I'm implementing form base authentication.  I have
>>> SSL and everything working but for one problem
>>>
>>> when use won't to get to owa they type mail.domain.com which then
>>> defaults to http://mail.domain.com.
>>>
>>> the problem I'm having is that FBA need it to default to https not http.
>>> How can I get it to default to HTTPS with out telling the uses to type
>>> https?
>>>
>>> I am implementing this on a FE/BE environment
>>>
>>> wayne
>>>
>>> .

Answered in your other thread.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"WB" <wmb37@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> This is killing me.   I'm implementing form base authentication.  I have
> SSL and everything working but for one problem
>
> when use won't to get to owa they type mail.domain.com which then defaults
> to http://mail.domain.com.
>
> the problem I'm having is that FBA need it to default to https not http.
> How can I get it to default to HTTPS with out telling the uses to type
> https?
>
> I am implementing this on a FE/BE environment
>
> wayne
>
> .

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Control Button to Create a New Record in Another Form
I've developed a MS Access application for Trade Shows. One of my tables contains all basic client info. This table is used as the data source for both a complete client form and a partial data form. Both forms can show all clients (individually). Using the partial data form I want to create a button that copies the current record and creates a new record in a form titled Trade Show Attendees. Other data in the Trade Show Attendees must be entered to complete that attendee's record. Some of the data entered will populate the TradeShow Attendees table. Can anyone describe t...

Problems with creating a newsletter

Meeting updates #2

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

printing 2 charts on single page