ForeFront scan engine Retirement

Hello,

I'm receiving this email everyday.

"At least one of the engines that is in use is scheduled to be retired.
You need to take immediate action to maintain the efficiency and
effectiveness of your antimalware and antispam protections.  Details can be
found at:  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=165685"

So I upgraded to Forefront sp2 on Exchange 2007 sp2. Now what? Do I need to
do something in the configuration of Forefront or not?

Alexis

We're using Antigen, not Forefront, but I think the answer is the same. You
should stop scanning using the scanners that are about to be retired, and
also stop downloading the updates to those scanners. You may also need to
turn on the new ones.
-Peter

"Tacobell2000" <Tacobell2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm receiving this email everyday.
>
> "At least one of the engines that is in use is scheduled to be retired.
> You need to take immediate action to maintain the efficiency and
> effectiveness of your antimalware and antispam protections.  Details can
> be
> found at:  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=165685"
>
> So I upgraded to Forefront sp2 on Exchange 2007 sp2. Now what? Do I need
> do something in the configuration of Forefront or not?
>
> Alexis

0
Peter

Search engine optimization

Full-Text Indexing Engine Unavailable (Access Denied.).
When connecting to Exchange System Manager from my workstation I have no problems accessing mail stores and completeing management tasks. When I click the Full-Text node under a store in the right pane I receive the following message: The full-text indexing engine is unavialable (Access Denied.). When I connect on the exchange server itself this is not displayed. I am a memeber of the Admin group and I have checked security on all levels. It seems like I am missing something. If anyone has any ideas please reply. Thanks Jeffrey A Heimberger, MCP Information Systems Assistant Stark Area ...

Funny! More offers to select a search engine!
http://www.goodugle.com ...

Scanning (Serialized) Inventory
I need to buy a handheld scanner for taking physical inventory and need recommendations about which scanner to buy. I also want to start using serialized inventory. Primarily for appliances and electronics. Is it possible to receive inventory with a handheld scanner of some type that scans both model and serial numbers? The product almost always has both model and serial number bar codes. It'd be easy enough to have a warehouse guy scan the model & serial of every box as it comes off the truck--easier than handwriting in any case. I'm hoping to use the same device for b...

Engineering Change Management Module
Does anyone use the Engineering Change Management module in Great Plains? We are currently reviewing if it is worth implementing. I would like to here feedback on how others use it, good and bad. Thanks, Chris ...

Forefront for Exch SBS 2008 and POP3 connector
Have a problem with Forefront for Exchange and the POP3 connector on a SBS 2008 server. The POP3 connector displays as running in services, but errors when a retrieve is tried manually. Tried adding the IP address to the approved sender domains in Forefront admin console, but still the same result, POP3 connector errors. To remedy problem, uninstalled Forefront, POP3 connector now runs normally. Anyone have any ideas? Hello Scottie, Thanks for your post. Generally, Forefront Server Security for Exchange should not block POP3 protocol or any related ports. However, I ...

Retirement planner in 2005?
I have Money 2002 Deluxe and it has a pretty comprehensive retirement planner. Looking at the 2005 boxes in the store it looks like that planner no longer exists in Money 2005 Deluxe. Is that true? In the version that does include the planner, is it significantly different than what was present in previous years? Thanks. -- Jeff Stevens Email address deliberately false to avoid spam jeff@stevens.com I upgraded from 2002 to 2005 and the Life Time Planner is still there and converted with no problems. "Jeff" <jeff@phony.com> wrote in message news:OA8JlIhBFHA.1396@...

Query engine for MS Dynamics CRM 3.0
Hi, exist in MS CRM 3.0 a query engine tools so one user can produce an excel export os some data? For example: I need all account address based on a category? I need all contact contacted for a specific campaign? and so on Thanks and sorry form my bad english Lorenzo Soncini Technoservice S.a.s. 38057 Pergine Valsugana (TN) Italy You can do this using Advanced Find. Click advanced find on the toolbar in the main crm window. Select the entity to search on (Look for field) Edit the query (big white area) Edit the columns to showup (Edit columns button on the top toolbar) Click FInd Click ...

RETIREMENT INCOME FOR LIFE
RETIREMENT INCOME FOR LIFE http://retirementsolutions.blogspot.com/ ...

Money Saving Tips Via New Search Engine
You can search dozens of frugal living web sites without spam or popups for tips on living the frugal life. http://saving-dollars.com Ken ...

** MSN BETA SEARCH ENGINE **
http://sexyhosting.info/search/search.pl - Mikroesoft continually stives to give you better search check out our new and improved beta search and let us know what you think! ...

Investing for Retirement
Retirement may be a long way off for you - or it might be right around the corner. No matter how near or far it is, you've absolutely got to start saving for it now. However, saving for retirement isn't what it used to be with the increase in cost of living and the instability of social security. You have to invest for your retirement, as opposed to saving for it! Let's start by taking a look at the retirement plan offered by your company. Once upon a time, these plans were quite sound. However, after the Enron upset and all that followed, people aren't as secure in their comp...

CRM Error: General failure in scheduling engine 05-21-07
Good day! It seems my installation of CRM 3.0 was ok. I did not come across any errors, but I have landed with this annoying error; CRM Error: General failure in scheduling engine. Is crops up when viewing the Service Calendar and any acvtivity involving a calendar function. Is there anyone who could shine some light on this problem, or have a cure? Any help would be welcome. Ralph Lehmann Hi, I have exactly the same errors ! Do you notice if you have also problem with the attributs edition ? Please help ! Thank you. Loïc "Ralph Lehmann" wrote: > Good day! > ...

Retirement account doesn't recognize security
I have a Vanguard IRA account that I can buy/sell stocks in. It uses a sweep account to sell funds from a MM fund and put them into a brokerage account. I then make the stock purchase. Once sold, the funds are swept back into the IRA account. I previously purchased a security with no problems in Money with this account (the above). The particular security is used in other brokerage accounts as well. I download statements from Vanguard. For some reason, the retirement brokerage account isn't listing the security in its dropdown of securities when I try to confirm this downloaded tran...

Scanning
How do i set my hand held scanner Symbol LS2208 so that i do not have to press enter each time i scan something. i know there is a way to setup scan and prefix but how do i do this. any help would be great "solor" wrote: > How do i set my hand held scanner Symbol LS2208 so that i do not have to > press enter each time i scan something. i know there is a way to setup scan > and prefix but how do i do this. > > any help would be great "solor" wrote: > How do i set my hand held scanner Symbol LS2208 so that i do not have to > press enter...

Using MABLE logic engine with existing .NET applications.
Using MABLE logic engine with existing .NET applications. MABLE web services provide an interface to MABLE business objects and logic. Let us review some technical details of the MABLE web services. � MABLE utilizes SOAP 1.2 protocol. � MABLE uses AXIS 1.4 as a web service transport. � MABLE support state-full conversations by implementing a conversation session. In this small article we will create a client application that use the MABLE 'Store' application MABLE Web Service client has to maintain a state-full conversation with the MABLE engine. The best way to handle this is...

Manufacturing Engineering Change Management
I have been adding Items to an ECN using the Items Affected by change window. These items do not seem to generate warnings when ECN is updating nor appear in Item History window for ECN's. Is this expected behavior? ...

Scanning While Sleeping?
I'm running Vista Home Premium SPA, 2 GB RAM, Firefox, Spyware Doctor, MBAM, SAS and CCleaner, Office 2007. I also have Spyware doctor installed on a Windows 7 laptop. Can anyone tell me (or redirect me) if my Spyware Doctor scanner (or any other scheduled scanner) runs when the computer is either sleeping or is in hibernate mode? My Spyware Doctor history file suggest that it's been several weeks since the last scheduled scan, yet the scanner scheduler is set to run every night. We close the laptop cover each night and I'm not sure if closing the cover stops the s...

catch item scanned
------------------------------------- Dear Everyone, i need help very badly,can u advice me how in someway to catch the item scanned or entered manually before RMS POS delete the item when the item is not found. Someone says its is not possible,but there is one who create a keyboard hook sort of a keyboard logger. Thank you -- +---------------------[ SERVER SIGNATURE ]-----------------+ | Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.beansmart.com/ | | Web, RSS and Social access to your favorite newsgroup - | | microsoft.public.pos | +-------------------...

Windows Fax & Scan
I am running Win7 x64 and need help: How do I change the modem I want to use in WFScan? ...

scanning documents and attaching them to vendor card
we'd like a simple process for attaching images of W-9 forms to vendor cards. Currently we have a separate database with the W-9 images, and it requires too many steps to be practical, plus when it is done it is still not embedded in GP. We don't need full workflow, and the volume is fairly light so the AP people would want it to easily flow in their usual routine of creating a vendor. does anyone have experience with an easy to use embedded solution? Unless you don't want to go through the steps, if you have the image file, just attach it to the vendor card note as an OL...

How can I scan images into seperate worksheets at once?
I am trying to use my scanner to insert documents into excel. When I do it, it adds all the images into one sheet that overlap each other. How can I get excel to add each image to its own worksheet? jwewing23 wrote: > I am trying to use my scanner to insert documents into excel. When I do it, > it adds all the images into one sheet that overlap each other. How can I get > excel to add each image to its own worksheet? What I do is scan into a file, then run that file through OCR software and then that data goes into Excel. But then I want data I can manipulate with Excel -- I&...

Jet database engine does not recognize... ?
Understand this is a problem typically related to Access pivot-table queries. Am not sure why I'm running into it or how to resolve it. Situation: Have a pivot-table query. The results are read into a standard SELECT query, Summary Closed. A third SELECT query is then used to read that standard SELECT query with the intention of generating a running total. The third query in reduced form (meaning I'm backtracking, trying to get something working right) is simply: SELECT [Summary Closed].* FROM [Summary Closed]; No problem - it regurgitates Summary Closed, a SELECT query. To rea...

Excel "data base engine failure"?
I am merging data from an Excel chart into a Word document to create a phone directory for our church. I've done merges many, many times before successfully. However, I am not able to do so at this time and get the following message: "Data base engine failure". Help. What do I do? On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 14:57:01 -0700, Phone Directory Delima <Phone Directory Delima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am merging data from an Excel chart into a Word document to create a phone >directory for our church. I've done merges many, many times before &g...