Forced Calendar Sharing

As the IT Manager and Exchange Server Admin, I'd like to be able to "force"
all user calendars to be shared with all other internal Exchange Mail users.
As it is, all new Exchange Mailbox users must be manually added every other
users permissions as a Reviewer.  We are running Exchange 2003 and Outlook
2003.
Thanks in advance.
--
Dave Jones

DJones <DJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> As the IT Manager and Exchange Server Admin, I'd like to be able to
> "force" all user calendars to be shared with all other internal
> Exchange Mail users. As it is, all new Exchange Mailbox users must be
> manually added every other users permissions as a Reviewer.  We are
> running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003.
> Thanks in advance.

Try PFDavAdmin?

Or www.symprex.com - I think they make a third party addin for this.

0
Lanwench

Sharing calendar using MS Exchange
We currently are using Small Business Server 2003. I have Outlook 2003 setup to use the MS Exchange. I have 1 project manager that wants to use the main calendar because it gives him the reminders, and wants to create another calendar for his "shared" appointments. I know that I can make his main calendar not sharable, but I cannot get his "Shared" calendar so that other users can see it. I have setup the permissions so the default is "reviewer" and have even tried to setup each user to have a permission of viewing only. Is this the correct way of doing thi...

How do u link the birthday of the contacts to "one" certain calendar?
I want to have a separate calendar just for the birthdays of all the contacts. But when it asks me "do u want to add as an event to the calendar?" I click yes, it'll show up too all the calendars. is there a way to link it to ONE of my choice? thanks In news:1156289723.533387.100170@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, MuNcHkiN <dyiu619@gmail.com> typed: > I want to have a separate calendar just for the birthdays of all the > contacts. But when it asks me "do u want to add as an event to the > calendar?" I click yes, it'll show up too all the calendars. i...

View multiple calendars in one
I want to create multiple calendars in one instance of Outlook. I then want to have a calendar that consolidates all entries in all the other calendars. Any ideas if/how this is possible? Thanks, Tim Creating sub-calendars is easy. Consolidating them all onto one is hard. I wouldn't do it that way myself, instead I would use categories and views. Have a single calendar and create categories for the various sub-calendars you want to have. You can then use custom views to show you only the "calendars" you want to see at any given time. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNot...

Calendar Doesn't Show All Data
In Outlook 2002, the calendar view for a day is limited to only showing the first 6 items. All the data is there but there is no indication of it unless you think to look at it using a table or timeline view. This problem is solved in Outlook 2003. Is there a soultion for Outlook 2002 in the interim? Larry Fresinski lf10@cornell.edu ...

EXE with MFC statically linked loads DLL with MFC linked as shared
Is it generally OK for an EXE that has MFC linked statically to load an use another DLL wich has MFC linked as shared DLL ? To be more specific: I have an EXE that links a lib. Let's call it mylib.lib. That Lib as well as the EXE have MFC linked statically. Then in a completely different project I have a regular DLL, wich is compiled with the /CLR switch and therefore needs the special CRT libs as well as MFC linked as shared library. This DLL links mylib.lib too only that this time mylib.lib links MFC as shared library too. Both exe and dll need need to link against mylib.lib because ...

MS Publisher calendar
Is there a way to export a calendar created in MS Publisher into MS Outlook? mcm wrote: > Is there a way to export a calendar created in MS Publisher into MS Outlook? No. None whatsoever. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

OL 2003
I've recently created two new calendar type Public Folders on our Exchange Server 2003 from my PC running OL 2003. I have the Taskpad view enabled on the RHS of the screen as I like to see a year in advance. On existing Public Folders, the taskpad shows a 2 x 6 matrix of monthly calenders. Eg I see January 2005 through to January 2006. When I click on one of the new public folders, I only see two calendars in the top of the Taskpad view (Feb & Mar). If I then click a day in February, Outlook only then draws up the 2 x 6 matrix to fill the taskpad. Also, I'm sure this is ...

Shared Accounts/Contacts
Quite new to all this. We're just now importing our flat file of contacts and accounts into CRM. Most, if not all, of our company's contacts and accounts are shared. SalesRepA might call on Customer1 to sell one kind of training, while SalesRepB might call on that same customer to sell another type of training. This means that all contacts and all accounts need to be easily accessible to all sales reps. How best to handle this? Each rep simply switches the view to "All Active Accounts/Contacts"?? I tried a test of sharing an account amongst all reps, but the contact sti...

Shared database 05-21-07
Hi, I have a database file (MDB) on my assistant s PC. When I open this file in Access in that PC, i am unable to open the same file on my PC. (2 PCs on peer to peer) If I open the same file from my PC first, then it opens fine on her PC too. On both PCs it is set to open in Shared mode. In both cases, the .LDB file is created on opening. Where could the problem be? Every time i need to use the file, i am having to ask her to close the db, till i open it for my use. Once i open it, then she re opens to continue her work. Could anyone help me save this pain please? Thanks Rame...

displaying the months on a graph by fiscal year not calendar year
I have a query in which I have included the tblmonth, which has a number and its corresponding month according to fiscal year...i.e., Month, MonthID October, 1 Novemer, 2 December, 3 and so on. I am creating chart off of this query and need the chart to show display the actual month but sort it in the order of MonthID. For example my graph has the months listed at the bottom but they go in alpha order versus fiscal year order which is what I need. How can I correct this so the graph will display the appropriate month in its appropriate order? I got this one figured out. Thanks &quo...

Inbox shows as calendar
Hi all, My outlook behaves strange. I have Windows XP Pro, Outlook 2003 and use a SBS2003 with latest SP's and hotfixes. When I first start my computer and Outlook (main and additional account on Exchange), the inbox of the additional account shows up as a calendar. Restarting Outlook does not solve this. Remounting of the IS fixes the problem but after rebooting the server the problem returns. I have repaired, defragmented the IS but the problem keeps coming back. On my notebook with the exchange connector the same happens. Any clues, solutions? TIA have you tried opening outlook with t...

Calendar Indicator
I'm stumped...the boss just asked why his Calendar item shows (2) behind it...like the Inbox does for Unread Mail...I can't recreate it or figure it out...anyone know why/how to do this? If someone else has access to his calendar and can add items to it, there may be some appointments that he hasn't read yet. Switch his calendar to an unfiltered table view, such as By Category, and you should be able to find the unread items listed there. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsg...

forcing preview in CFIleDialog
How can I force preview in CFileDialog? thanks Yes you can. There are samples in MSJ. See Codeguru and Codeproject as well. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Mastupristi" <cialdi_NO_SP@M_firenze.net> wrote in message news:20040804124223.00002a54.cialdi_NO_SP@M_firenze.net... > How can I force preview in CFileDialog? > > thanks ...

Global Address List and a Shared Contact List
Thank you in advance! I continue to have communication problems with e-mail stemming from the fact that we have two locations for Our Staff in Outlook 2000(Exchange). We have one listed in what is called the "Global Address List" and another, more accurate version, in "Our Staff" listed under "Public Folders". When someone wants to write a new e-mail, the "To" in their dialogue box directs them to what is now the default "Global Address List" that contains a Staff listing that is not as up to date or accurate. I attempted to add same today...

Updating Calendar
Is there a way to change last years 2003 calendar to 2004 without starting over again. No, there is no way of updating the calendar. -- ...

Select all calendar function?
I frequently have to copy/move several meetings from one day to another. Is there any way to "select all" meetings from one day, then copy and move them to another? Currently, I single click on each individual meeting while holding down the ctrl key, but this is rather time consuming. you can hold ctrl as you click to select appt to select multiple ones. hold shift when you select the first appt to be moved and then select the last one and you'll select all in between. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common T...

Import free Big10 Schedules into Outlook and other calendars
One for each of the Big Ten teams..very easy to use and I provide updates as game times/TV coverage change during the course of the season www.bigtenrantandrave.com/Schedules.htm ...

Shared worksheet and SAMBA
Hi Does anyone use SAMBA to allow users to access shared excell file and then save the changes ? ...

Calendar Invite Acceptance Sent to Different Person
Is it possible to have the results of a calendar invite sent to someone other than the sender? I would like to automate this process: I send a vacation request via calendar invite in outlook to three of my supervisors and my manager. My supervisors will then approve (or deny) my request but would like the response to go automatically to my manager thus informing everyone on the invite list. I'm guessing it could be done through vba but i'm a little rusty now. any ideas??? Thanks in advance. Have you tried using delegates? What do you mean by "inform...

scheduling calendar
I am trying to figure out how excel, or any other office program, can help me with the scheduling of incoming trucks for my business. I have 4 people answering phones right now and I need a way to cordinate the information on incoming trucks. I have searched all of the templates that are offered but the best looking one is the calendar offered through Outlook. The only problem is I don't use outlook. I would think Excel would offer a similar template to Outlooks calendar that I could share with other people in the corporation on my main server. Any ideas? My opinion is that Exc...

Forcing Text Import Wizard to run
Is there any way that I can force the Text Import Wizard to run when opening a file, from the command line, in Excel? We have a program that outputs .rpt files, which are comma delimited, and I have added a file association to open them in Excel. Unfortunately they then open with all data in one column. I know I can change the extension to .txt, but then each file has to be opened from within outlook. I want to be able to double click the file and open excel automatically, with the Import Text Wizard started. I want to modify the file association configuration to force the text wizard to run. ...

Problem sharing a workbook
Hi, I've created an Excel workbook (Excel 2003 (11.8120.8122) SP2), placed it on a shared network server, and then selected Tools>Protection>Protect and Share Workbook... with the "Share and track changes" option selected, and password protection set. However, if I attempt to open it when someone else has it open, I get the message stating that the workbook is opened by user so and so and am given the option to open it as Read-Only, Notify, etc. Any idea why this is happening? Thanks, Linda ...

Anniversaries in an excel generated Calendar
I have a spreadsheet that will generate a calendar for any given year. If a user has a list of anniversaries that he wants placed in th calendar (eg: Dad's B'day, Wedding Anniversary etc) automatically, ho exactly do I set that up? The anniversaries will go in columns D, H, L, etc corresponding to Jan Feb, Mar, etc With my sincere promise that I will buy a VBA book before the week i out, could I ask if this can be done without VBA for the time being? Here is what the first few cells of the calendar look like: A B C 1 January 200...

Calendar Sharing from an MSOffice user PC #2
Version: 2008 I am using Office 07 for MAC, and I am unable to view my coworkers calendar who is using Windows Microsoft Office 2007 on their PC. Has anybody run across this problem? Thank you. ...

setting up meeting on calendar
In work, when we set up unit meetings, my boss sends the email, and you send back by choosing if you are going to attend or not. If you choose to attend, it puts the meeting on your calendar. ANyone know how to do this? The Billy Use File->New->Meeting. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Det. Sipowicz <me@here.com> asked: | In work, when we set up unit meetings, my b...