Force check of POP3 accounts during send/receive

I have POP3 connector set up for all of my users to get emails from a
secondary domain.  It currently is set to check the remote mailboxes
every 30 minutes.  Is there a way to trigger checking that POP3 account
when the users clicks send/receive.

Any help is appreciated,

CJ

No, there isn't a way to do that. the lowest time setting is 15 mins.
Perhaps that would be better than 30.

"Curious Joe" <joebob.johnson@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have POP3 connector set up for all of my users to get emails from a
> secondary domain.  It currently is set to check the remote mailboxes
> every 30 minutes.  Is there a way to trigger checking that POP3 account
> when the users clicks send/receive.
>
> Any help is appreciated,
>
> CJ

On 28 Nov 2006 13:21:40 -0800, "Curious Joe"
<joebob.johnson@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have POP3 connector set up for all of my users to get emails from a
>secondary domain.  It currently is set to check the remote mailboxes
>every 30 minutes.  Is there a way to trigger checking that POP3 account
>when the users clicks send/receive.
>
>Any help is appreciated,
>
>CJ
Clarify something for me:
Where is this POP3 connector? If it's on the Exchange server and you
have SBS then the quickest you can do is to check every 15 minutes
without using a 3rd party (like 50 euro's!!) connector.

The users clicking send/receive with an Exchange server is irrelevant
and doesn't actually do anything.
0
mark7219 (5666)
11/28/2006 9:37:34 PM
It is Exchange 2003 on SBS using the POP3 Connector.  I was hoping
there would be a way for Exchange to trap the event that someone
"polled" a send/receive which could then be used to trigger the "Check
Now" event in the POP3 Connector.

I will change it down to 15 minutes and just inform the users to deal
with it.

Thanks,

CJ

On Nov 28, 2:37 pm, "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <m...@mvps.org> wrote:
> On 28 Nov 2006 13:21:40 -0800, "Curious Joe"
>
> <joebob.john...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >I have POP3 connector set up for all of my users to get emails from a
> >secondary domain.  It currently is set to check the remote mailboxes
> >every 30 minutes.  Is there a way to trigger checking that POP3 account
> >when the users clicks send/receive.
>
> >Any help is appreciated,
>
> >CJClarify something for me:
> Where is this POP3 connector? If it's on the Exchange server and you
> have SBS then the quickest you can do is to check every 15 minutes
> without using a 3rd party (like 50 euro's!!) connector.
>
> The users clicking send/receive with an Exchange server is irrelevant
> and doesn't actually do anything.

On 28 Nov 2006 13:46:24 -0800, "Curious Joe"
<joebob.johnson@gmail.com> wrote:

>It is Exchange 2003 on SBS using the POP3 Connector.  I was hoping
>there would be a way for Exchange to trap the event that someone
>"polled" a send/receive which could then be used to trigger the "Check
>Now" event in the POP3 Connector.
>
>I will change it down to 15 minutes and just inform the users to deal
>with it.
>
>Thanks,
>
>CJ

Tell the users that the whole pressing of the send/receive button is a
waste of half a calorie.

Chat with finance. Stop using the God Awful POP3 connector in SBS and
spend a few dollars on POPCON or POPBeamer (I use popcon in the lab
and it's very very well priced and very feature rich)
Then you can set POP collection to two or three minutes and you'll be
sorted.
A lot of improvement for "no" cash.
0
mark7219 (5666)

Help to bind a new form on an account
Hi, I would like to create a new aspx page in order to add the management of the expenses to MSCRM. To do this, I need to recover the user id in this page, I tested with the BizUser WhoAmI method but that does not work. Also I would like to bind the account note for example in the contact form. Does somebody could help me? Are you using the BizUser class right? I am using this=20 class to retrieve the authenticated user and works fines. Try it: BizUser usuario =3D new BizUser(); usuario.Credentials =3D=20 System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; //diretorioVirtual =3D 'http:...

I just added several domains to our Exchange 2003 environment. I created a new recipient policy, have external DNS setup properly and we are able to recieve email on behalf of the new domains, for those users that have such email addresses. My question however has to do with the sending of email from these domains. Of course Exchange has a set default/primary email address that all email is sent out from, however I need to enable the users that recieve email from these new domain names to reply back to it from that address using the from field. When I do specify one of these email addr...

new CRM40 VPC: jscript on account form does not work?!
Does anyone also have following problem (and perhaps a solution as well): On the Account form it seems that there is no form scripting executed. For example a simple jscript line on the OnLoad of the account form: alert('onload'); is not executed! (nor are the jscripting on the onchange events) On the Contact form it does work... As for the account form problems: - event is enabled is selected - form is saved, but in preview no result - form is published and again in preview or "real-time" no result! Anyone who has an idea? okay, never mind... problem solved... ...

Excel Send to Question
I have Office XP and I would like to be able to send Excel documents by Outlook Express. But when I go into Internet Properties/Programs, the only email listed is Microsoft Outlook. Does anyone know how to add Outlook Express to the E-Mail Listing? Thanks. Anita Anita It should be listed, that's strange. Try opening Outlook Express and going to Tools - Options. On the General tab there should be a button to make OE the default. Hit that button and see if it does the trick. -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Blog - Daily Dose of Excel www.dicks-blog.com "Anita" ...

using gmail (imap) AND a pop account...

Email Help: Select a Voting button custom option when sending resp
Hi All, How do I select a custom option (persent under voting buttons section) while sending an email with voting buttons. There is a custom option "Have replies sent to" under voting buttons section that I want to be checked automatically every time a voting email is sent. For eg: Person1: sends an email to Person2 and Person3 for their votes Person2: votes and the voting reply is sent to Person1 and Person3 Person3: votes and the voting reply is send to Person1 and Person2 Is this possible? Thanks in advance ...

Creating photo album
Hello, I'm designing a photo-album in MS Publisher that will be printed by a commercial printing-company, and I have some thoughts on how and in what format to save the document. I'm using Adobe Acrobat 6 to make a PDF out of the document. 1. The printing-company want the colors to be CMYK. Where can I make Acrobat store the colors as CMYK? In the settings on tab "Color" I have some options; in the "Color Management Policies" I can choose "Convert all colors to sRGB", but nothing like "Convert all colors to CMYK". So how can I make sure ...

How do you set up an account so I can receive email through outlo.
I have an account with netscape but I want to set it up so I can receive it through Outlook. Can I do this, if so how do I do it. Thanks Outlook does not support Netscape mail. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jon asked: | I have an account with netscape but I want to set it up so I can | receive it through Outlook. Can I do this, if so how do I do it....

Creating a process as the local user from a program in the system account?
Assuming that I have an executable that runs in the system context (for example started from AT without /interactive). How would I go about starting a program for the current, logged in user? - Anders G Have you looked at CreateProcessAsUser, maybe that one can help. /Niklas "Anders Gustafsson" <dalNOton@peSPAMdago.fi> wrote in message news:VA.00000066.00b3d048@pespamdago.fi... > Assuming that I have an executable that runs in the system context (for > example started from AT without /interactive). How would I go about > starting a program for the current, logg...

First check for remail produces errors
When I check for email (for the first check only) my main email account fails to find the server. I'm with BT Internet (Broadband) in the UK. My email is POP3, and uses the format :- firstname.surname@btinternet.com I have other sub-accounts ie. wifes firstname.surname@btinternet.com and they connect fine, first time everytime. When I then go back and do another send/receive it connects straight away, and check all 3 accounts in a "millisecond". Any ideas greatly appreciated. Nik. -- _____________________________________________________ *** Remove SPAMKILL from my Email ...

Smartlist's Account Trx should show document dates of submodules
Hi, When you use the Smartlist object Account Transactions and try to find the document date of those transactions coming from the sub modules - Smartlist will not be able to show it. There is a field Document Date, but it will show 00/00/0000. The created date is also not very useful as it takes the system/user date when the transaction was actually posted. Not all the time will the document date be equal to the transaction date. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click ...

Outlook received time incorrect
Hi, I've set my machine's timezone according to Microsoft's instructions: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/914387 I can send an email to myself at 9:00, and it'll be shown in "sent items" as sent at 9:00. But, my Inbox will display the email as if it was sent at 10:00. When viewing the mail, it specifies that it was sent at 9:00. So my problem is that for some reason, although the mail contains information that it was sent at 9:00, outlook's inbox displays it at 10:00. Note: all my calendar items are displayed correctly, and my calender options dis...

2008 Home & Business
I currently have 2006 Money Basic and 2006 Money Small Business on my PC. We use MB for our personal finances and MSB for a small business my wife runs with her brother. We need to keep these accounts separate. Can I upgrade to 2008 Home & Business and add both 2006 Money files to the program, all the while keeping them separate? Or do I have to buy 2 versions of money, one for our personal account and one for the business? Thank you. -- Hilda =?Utf-8?B?SGlsZGE=?= <Hilda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 31 Dec 2007 in group microsoft.public.money: > I currently ha...

Refunding by Check from checkbook
I am trying to figure out a way to issue refunds by writing a check from the checkbook. I don't know how to tender it from POS so that this works out right, espically when you add using the quickbooks link into the mix. Here is an example A customer comes in and spends $1000.00 on concrete block, and writes a check. He over estimates and wants to return $200.00 worth of it - there isn't that much in the till in cash, so we want to write a check from the checkbook to cover this - how do you do the entries to make this work? You'll need some sort of 'on account' te...

Outlook hangs on send/receive
Hi there! I've recently set up a new laptop and have had issues using Outlook 2007 on it. I wondered if any of you had experienced the same issues and had a resolution for it. Environment: Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit Outlook 2007 SP1 (build 12.0.6316.5000) POP3/SMTP email account (various services, including Comcast, Yahoo, IXWeb, and Gmail) Problem Detail: I can set up the email accounts successfully and can send/receive, but the procedure hangs when it is almost complete and does not download new email until I end the Outlook process and launch Outlook again. Resolution At...

Hiding the FQDN in POP3 session
Hi, when you telnet to the pop3 service on an exchange front/back end server, it displays the FQDN of the server. Is there a way to hide this information, as I'd rather not display it (why provide more information than is necessary?). Thanks Greg On 13 Sep 2004 00:08:31 -0700, gregk@infosecsolutions.com.au (Greg Krzeszkowski) wrote: >Hi, > >when you telnet to the pop3 service on an exchange front/back end >server, it displays the FQDN of the server. Is there a way to hide >this information, as I'd rather not display it (why provide more >information than is n...

Transferring email account from Outlook Express to Outlook
I have transferred by main BT email account from OE to Outlook with no difficulty. However, a subsidiary account that I use will not be accessed. I have added it to the accounts list and checked all settings. I have removed it from Outlook Express. When I run the Test Account option, all seems well, but when I send a message to myself at that account it appears to send successfully, but cannot be received. Any suggestions? What SMTP server are you sending through? Primary or secondary? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

Statements download to wrong account in Money 2005
When downloading my checking account statement into Money 2005, it downloads it to the wrong account. It downloads it to a closed (in Money) account. How can I get the statement to download to the correct account in Money? In microsoft.public.money, Miller Man wrote: >When downloading my checking account statement into Money 2005, it downloads >it to the wrong account. It downloads it to a closed (in Money) account. >How can I get the statement to download to the correct account in Money? If OFX Web statements are placed in the wrong account, check http://support.microsoft....

Private Checking itself?
Excuse the cross-posting please, I wasn't sure if this was an Outlook or Exchange issue. We have a small Exchange 5.5 (25 users) with Outlook 2000 network. We've recently had an issue that I cannot figure out. Ok, We have a Secretary that is set up as a Publishing Editor (and we tried owner too) for her Supervisor's Contact folder. When she adds a contact to his CONTACTS they immediately disappeared. We figured out that they were being coded PRIVATE. I did a google search and found many people telling others to make sure that the Secretary is NOT checking the private box. Tha...

receive mail problem
Dear All, I have a receive mail problem, please help. background: My company: ABC.com Computer A: Exchange Server 2003, SP2 Computer B: IIS SMTP Gateway Problem: Recently, my colleague reported that they cannot receive mail from A@xyz.com & B@xyz.com. But they can receive mail from them in the past. And other people can received mail from xyz.com except A@xyz.com & B@xyz.com. And A and B said they can send mail to our company without any fail report, so A & B suppose there is no problem and the mail have received to our mailbox. And I want to ask is there any way to check if...

Spell Check preferences?
Hi all, I have a user that is having problems with spell checking in Office 2004. When I set office up I did a full install with proofing tools, etc. The user is running OS 10.4.1. Here is the problem: spell checking never works unless he manually sets it up (he has to got through the tools->language & uncheck "do not check spelling or grammar..") routine for every single document he creates. My question is: Is there a way to set this to default for all documents? Thanks, burn01 jacobbehrnes@gmail.com I'm guessing you're talking about Word here. In Word, go to F...

Keeping mail in mail outbox until until button "send/receive" is clicked
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Hi, hope someone can help me out. As a former Outlook-User I am used to keep outgoing mails in the mail-out box until I click on the button &quot;send/receive&quot;. Unfortunately once i have clicked on &quot;send&quot; for a just written e-Mail, Entourage puts the mail in the oubox and instantly sends the mail. <br> I would rather like to keep all my mails in the outbox until the momend I decide to send all mails in the outbox. <br> How can this be done with Ento...

deleting sending messages
I have created a 2 very large attachments (65MB) by mistake. The messages have been in my outbox for several days trying to send. I have right clicked and selected delete but the message will not delete. How can I delete it? -- .. dlfitz, you wrote on Wed, 4 Jul 2007 02:46:03 -0700: > I have created a 2 very large attachments (65MB) by mistake. The messages > have been in my outbox for several days trying to send. I have right clicked > and selected delete but the message will not delete. How can I delete it? http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/stuck_message.htm -- Bes...

Sending Links by e-mail
This is probably just a stupid setting that I can't find. When I send an HTML link by e-mail, the link shows up in the e-mail and the recipient can just click on the link. However, when another user sends a link by e-mail the recipient recieves a message saying "Your files are attached and ready to send with this message." The attachment is a default.url and you can't just open it. You have to save it to disk and give it a name. How do I change this so that the link is displayed in the e-mail and the recipient just clicks it to open it? ...

Error when sending email from Outlook 2002
I get the following "The remote procedure call failed" in a Microsoft word error box when sending new mail or when replying to inbound mail. Outlook on both Pcs has also started to run very slow. All office XP updates have applied including ones to Win XP Pro. The server is running MS SBS 2000 with SP4. I have uninstalled office and re-installed and created a new user profile, it works for a couple of minutes then the same error apperas again. I have 2 users working via Terminal Services client and they have no such problems when using Outlook 2002. Any help will most appr...