folder access by mail-enabled user

We have a mail-enabled user, one with a credential but an off-site
mailbox at their home site.

How can this user gain access to the Exchange mailbox Inbox folder of
a local user?

They can be given permissions, but OWA (2007) does not allow drill
down to the user...

HankC

0
HankC

The user will have to log into that mailbox separately.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"HankC" <clarkc@missouri.edu> wrote in message
> We have a mail-enabled user, one with a credential but an off-site
> mailbox at their home site.
>
> How can this user gain access to the Exchange mailbox Inbox folder of
> a local user?
>
> They can be given permissions, but OWA (2007) does not allow drill
> down to the user...
>

> HankC

0
Ed
11/18/2009 4:45:35 AM
HankC <clarkc@missouri.edu> wrote:
> We have a mail-enabled user, one with a credential but an off-site
> mailbox at their home site.
>
> How can this user gain access to the Exchange mailbox Inbox folder of
> a local user?
>
> They can be given permissions, but OWA (2007) does not allow drill
> down to the user...
>

> HankC

They can't do it without an Exchange mailbox.

0
Lanwench
11/18/2009 4:42:37 PM
On Nov 18, 10:42=A0am, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwe...@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmailatyahoo.com> wrote:
> HankC<cla...@missouri.edu> wrote:
> > We have a mail-enabled user, one with a credential but an off-site
> > mailbox at their home site.
>
> > How can this user gain access to the Exchange mailbox Inbox folder of
> > a local user?
>
> > They can be given permissions, but OWA (2007) does not allow drill
> > down to the user...
>
> >HankC
>
> They can't do it without an Exchange mailbox.

Thanks. That's what I thought.

Seems funny, though, that permissions can be granted to an account
that cannot use them...

HankC
0
HankC
11/19/2009 2:36:54 PM
HankC <clarkc@missouri.edu> wrote:
> On Nov 18, 10:42 am, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> <lanwe...@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmailatyahoo.com> wrote:
>> HankC<cla...@missouri.edu> wrote:
>>> We have a mail-enabled user, one with a credential but an off-site
>>> mailbox at their home site.
>>
>>> How can this user gain access to the Exchange mailbox Inbox folder
>>> of a local user?
>>
>>> They can be given permissions, but OWA (2007) does not allow drill
>>> down to the user...
>>
>>> HankC
>>
>> They can't do it without an Exchange mailbox.
>

> Thanks. That's what I thought.
>
> Seems funny, though, that permissions can be granted to an account
> that cannot use them...
>

> HankC

Yeah. :)

0
Lanwench

export/import Exchange mail
Please let me know if this can be done: 1. I have two Exchange servers running in different domains A and B 2. Server A has 10 users and have email and AD entries for these users 3. Server A is a new box and only has AD entries and no email in email boxes Is there a way to export the mail messages, and other records from the old Exchange mail boxes of the server A and then import it into the corresponding mailboxes of a new Server B? ibsys If they're in the same forest, the both Exchange servers should be in the same organization, and you can use the Move Mailbox Wizard. If they'...

Removing multiple users from Outlook

open two different Access reports

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Access 2007 and Vista code problem