Fails to connect to server <OWA-servername>

Exchange 5.5 environment with OWA.

Recently we have received lot of calls relating to "Fails to connect to
server <OWA-servername>" .  Called Microsoft PSS and removed Outlook 2000
from the Exchange server to eliminate conflicting cdo.dll .  Also re-applied
SP4 and the following hotfixes 818709,836862,842436a.

The frequency of "Fails to connect to server" seem to have decreased however
still do happen.

Help!
0
Itrcb4 (27)

Do you have another server you can point the OWA server at?
regedt32 on the OWA server:
\HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeWeb\Parameters\Server

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:03:02 -0800, Itrcb4
<Itrcb4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Exchange 5.5 environment with OWA.
>
>Recently we have received lot of calls relating to "Fails to connect to
>server <OWA-servername>" .  Called Microsoft PSS and removed Outlook 2000
>from the Exchange server to eliminate conflicting cdo.dll .  Also re-applied
>SP4 and the following hotfixes 818709,836862,842436a.
>
>The frequency of "Fails to connect to server" seem to have decreased however
>still do happen.
>
>Help!

0
adavid (8731)

Outlook 2003: How Can I Leave Messages on the Server
I am using Outlook from MS Office 2003 Professional under Windows XP Home Edition. I need to download email messages from an MS Exchange Server, but leave the original message on the server for later access from a different computer. I've spent some hours on this, some calls to help desks, and tried some things, but nothing has worked. Thanks for your help, Paul tools, options, change email options... lower left if the dialog - do you have delivery set to the mailbox or to a personal folder? Change it to the mailbox. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself O...

I'm a SQL Server newbie...need help with dates
I'm using SQL 2005 Dates in Access stored as date. Imported in SQL Server using import wizard. Goes into table as 8/6/2009 12:00:00 AM my query: sum(case when transaction_date between '08/01/09' and '08/31/09' then hours else 0 end) ap2, --i get 200 which is correct sum(case when transaction_date between '07/01/09' and '09/30/09' then hours else 0 end) apQ1, --i get 200 which is correct sum(case when transaction_date between '07/01/09' and '07/30/10' then hours else 0 end) total --I get 0 why am i getting 0? thank...

Analytical Accounting and Payroll Connect
Hello: Someone told me that, if Dynamics GP 9.0 is implemented with Analytical Accounting, the ADP Payroll Connect piece cannot be utilized. Is that true? Are there any workarounds so that Analytical Accounting and Payroll Connect can be used in the same environment? Thanks! childofthe1980s ...

How to re-download emails from server to outlook 2007
I need to re-download emails that are in the server but got deleted from my inbox some time ago. I tried http://support.microsoft.com/kb/227054 but I cant find those *.rhc files. BTW: I am paying the price of upgrading to Windows 7 and using Outklook 2007. I have ISP and the emails are available using web-email Thanks -- JuanK That kb applies to Outlook2k, not 2007 Configure Outlook with the ISP Mail account. Mail doesnt get deleted unless you delete it, excepting if its an imap account "JuanK" <JuanK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7E...

Report server Error 07-01-04
After Installing MSCRM I get the following message when trying to access Reports : The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content and then restart the service. Check the documentation for more information. (rsReportServerDisabled) Get Online Help Bad Data. I found "Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 842421 " that states the exact Error message but in their case it's caused because the user account that is used to run the Repo...

SFO Client to point to another server
Hello, I am running a pilot project with core users using SFO client in their laptops. However, when we eventually go live on the production server, how do i get these SFO clients to read from the new server? What happens to the data that is already present in the SFO Client? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall the SFO clients, if so, any specific procedure to do this? Kindly advise. Hi M.Babu, there will be a way. Uninstall and reinstall SFO - be sure, that the Client, where you uninstall SFO is online and the old SRM server exists. - install, Update or change to your production...

First Exchange2000 Server in Site #2
Hi! I'm migrating from MXS2000 to MXS2003 and can't find any articles about this topic. I only found some stuff for Exchange5.5. Please help! Thanxs, Peter ...

connect .OST file to user profile with new Exchange server
Hi, We're migrating from 5.5 to 2003 and the mail is NOT migrating on the server side; we have been told we must use .OST files to merge the mail (don't ask!). I have zero control over this migration, except for on the workstation side. We're trying to preserve existing user profiles, convert them to the new Exchange servers (with new servernames). We have to use Cached Exchange Mode prior to and immediately after the migration to "migrate" user mail. I know this is a horrible way to migrate mail, please don't get me started on that. When I use the CMW to upd...

Moving CRM 4 database to new SQL server?
Hi! I'm trying to move the "OrgName_MSCRM" and the MSCRM_CONFIG to a new SQL server. This is how I go: - Disable Organization in Deployment Manager. - Copy Databases to the new server. - Attach databases at new server. - Edit Organization in Deploment Manager. - Wizard completes successfully. Then I want to remove the databases from the old SQL server to free up the diskspace. But when I detach the databases my CRM goes down. It says that the computer account "DOMAIN\COMPUTER$" does not have rights to the database. I have added the accounts that I found on the o...

RE: NDR's from smtp server
I am receiving a large amount of NDR's from my smtp server. It is refusing both good and bad addresses, internal users, and users that do not exists. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. ...

Exchange 2003 SP1 and OWA changes
I am yet to confirm the following in the lab but it appears to be correct. I have been using a single exchange 2003 server without sp1 in a mixed mode with exchange 5.5 in the lab and found that for users to access OWA one of the following conditions must be met along with the users mailbox residing on the 2003 server 1. One of their email domains must be present in the default recipient policy. 2. If none of their email address domains are present in the default policy then a new virtual directory for mailboxes must be present and assocciated with the smtp domain from a recipient po...

OWA Three logins/The Folder can't be displayed
I have an OWA problem where, when any account access OWA, they get three login prompts. The email does display in the background but any changing the viewed folder results in those three login prompts again. An attempt to delete a message results in those three prompts and then the user gets a popup "Some items can't be deleted. They were either moved, already deleted, or access was denied." Then the inbox no longer displays any messages, instead showing "The folder can't be displayed. You don't have permission to perform this action." Closing and reop...

offline storage of email msg with exchange server
what are the steps to store my email offline and to automatically sync it? thanks Not sure what offline means to you. If you move the outlook.pst file to another computer other than yours, outlook will ask where you moved it to when you first start outlook. You would then have to reconnect to the location that you moved the file to. Automatically sync it? With the file moved and the address of where you moved it to, outlook will always open it at the new address. Thom >what are the steps to store my email offline and to automatically sync it? Assuming you're using a lap...

Wide Area connection to SQL server 2008 Express via broadband
I have a Vb6 application that connects to SQL server 2008 Express (installed on a Windows XP box connected to a router); currently the application connects to the server and remains connected until the user closes the application (the application disconnects from the server on close). This has been working great for a long time within the local area network. Now, the user of the application opened another office in another state and would like to install the application on local machines but have the machines in the new office connect to the database in the (head) office where...

Connection hang time when sending from Outlook Express
I recently set up new email accounts for everyone in our office after we got a domain name that included email addresses. We also recently switched from dialup to cable modem and set up a wireless network. Our domain name and email accounts are through earthlink but our high-speed cable is through optimum online. We are all using Outlook Express 6. When sending messages, Outlook Express spends a long time (20-30 seconds) connecting before it sends the message. The actual send/receive is fast, but this hang before sending is annoying. Can anyone help? Thanks. - Eric ...

RE: migrate old server to new server
Hi, Currently my old server OS was Windows server 2003 R2 standard edition. I want to migrate old to new server. (same OS) Can Windows server 2003 standard edition backup all the data include IIhS, DNS, SQL and etc.. Best Regards. You can use a backup utility to migrate the data, but you will need to use MS Deploy to migrate your IIS6 or IIS7 configurations. If you are not sure on how to do this, go to TechNet's article http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/mscomops/cc424869.aspx Migrating DNS will depend on whether your current DNS infrastructure is BIND-based or not, but you can f...

Connect to Exchange through VPN across USA
We are connecting to the Exchange server through a site to site VPN but there seems to be a fairly substantial lagtime. Would it be wise to (or is is good practice) to put the mail store for those people somewhere on one of their servers? I'm not sure that there is a clear cut answer other than a substantial number of users at both sites. This would obviously make it worthwhile. However, if you only have a small number of users the decison to go with an additional server and the associated admin overhead is less clear cut. How poor is the performance? Are wasting losing a lot of ti...

REF: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
Hi all, I am facing a strange problem. Guess this question was asked many times and have seen the solutions already did the same but could not solve the issue. My problem is i have a front End server (Exchange 2003 sp2 and Windows 2003 r2 sp1) which is getting connected to Backend Exchange Cluster ( Exchange 2003 SP2 and Windows 2003 R2 SP1) all of them are windows 2003 enterprise edition. When i try to access OWA from front end i get OWA forms based authentication page but when i put my user name and password it gives me the following error HTTP 500 Internal server error. I have check the N...

Your Exchange Server is Unavailable (Outlook 2003, Exchange 5.5)
Hi. I recently upgraded to Office 2003. I'm running Microsoft Exchange 5.5. I have several profiles set up in my outlook. A few of them connect to the Exchange server and a couple of them are personal "internet email" accounts. When I first open Outlook, I am able to access my Exchange mailbox. However, if I close Outlook and try to connect to my Exchange mailbox again (or any of the other Exchange mailboxes), I get the message "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable" (Retry, Work Offline, Cancel). I've tried select Retry several times and it does not work. I...

I can't get SQL Server Express to start
I downloaded it an it was running, then I messed with some setting sand now it's stopped and I can't seem to get it to run again. Thanks, Allen What does the Windows event log say? Did you change the SQL Server service account, or have you changed your login password? Those are a couple of the usual suspects. "allenc" <twice.redeemed@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0e0e7bdf-6579-4ba6-a225-8a938dc836d8@j9g2000prh.googlegroups.com... >I downloaded it an it was running, then I messed with some setting > sand now it's stopped and I can't...

Access checkbox and SQL Server bit
I add 4 check boxes on a new form. These checkboxes are bound to a table that have 4 bit values (linked from SQL Server). When I click on the Field list and drag them to the form, these fields become textboxes (not bit). Why? Also, when I click on a check box and move to the next record, there is a pop up error message saying that this record has been changed by another user.... My question is how can I create checkbox(es) on Access form that are bound to bit(s) values. Thank you for your help. "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D5C8419-A4FB...

CE6: Hour Glass on Remote Desktop Connection
Hi, I use "set SYSGEN_CURSOR=" to disable mouse cursor. But I found a strang problem happened on Remote Desktop Connection after Mouse Cursor is disabled: When remote desktop is started and waiting for user to fill in Computer name/adress, an hour glass appears with the dialog box. The hour glass spins and spins and spins until the remote desktop dialog box is closed. Is this a bug of Remote Desktop Connection? How can I remove the Hour glass from the dialog? Thanks. Eric. ...

OWA connectivity problems
Hi everyone, I have a box with OWA on Ex2k, Win2k. The OWA is using a Verisign cert and is behind a fw which NATs the IP address... This has been working for best part of 7 months... Beginning of the week users started receiving "Cannot find server or DNS Error" errors on their browsers. I have checked the OWA internaly and it works, restarted all services so I guess it must be something to do with external connectivity. (or the cert which by the way has not expired...) Is there a good way of testing/troubleshooting this scenario? Many thanks, Jose In browser's location ...

Update failed
I have tried to update the following , .netframework version 3.5 and it fails everytime and this has been going on for several weeks yet my error reports gives me no helpful info. I am running XP version sp3 "cturner399" <cturner399@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F96A529-5ACF-43E9-B3FF-014F2451DDAC@microsoft.com... >I have tried to update the following , .netframework version 3.5 and it > fails everytime and this has been going on for several weeks yet my error > reports gives me no helpful info. I am running XP version sp3 We need...

Outlook recover deleted Items fails
I have a user who deleted a folder within his mailbox and then went on to delete it from his deleted items but now 10 minutes later needs it back. I already had enabled Exchange to retain items for 30 days and when I go into recover deleted items I am able to see the folder. However when I actually select the folder to restore I get the following message "Outlook was unable to recover some or all of the items in this folder. Make sure you have the required permissions to recover items in this folder, and try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator." I am the...