Failed to register Service Principal Name for exchangeMDB

I've just started getting this error message on our exchange server..

Event ID = 9317
Source = MSExchangeSA

Text = Failed to register Service Principal Name for exchangeRFR; error code
was c007200e.

All seems to be ok on exchange, apart from webmail clients are having to
login using their username@domain instead of just username.

Anyone else had this before?

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks

Richard

0
Richard

Check to see that the server object is in the Exchange Domain Servers group.
The error looks as if it can't see the NETBIOS name of the server. Is there
any kind of DNS suffix on the NIC properties in the Exchange server, or
anything else changed?
--
David Wilhoit
Exchange MVP

"Richard" wrote:

> I've just started getting this error message on our exchange server..
>
> Event ID = 9317
> Source = MSExchangeSA
>
> Text = Failed to register Service Principal Name for exchangeRFR; error code
> was c007200e.
>
> All seems to be ok on exchange, apart from webmail clients are having to
> login using their username@domain instead of just username.
>
> Anyone else had this before?
>
> Any ideas how to fix it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Richard

0
kidego1 (18)
8/29/2005 8:46:19 PM
Yeah I had this when I moved the Exchange Servers computer object to another
OU... ????? other than  the default one it was installed in.

Regards

"David Wilhoit" <kidego@kidego.net> wrote in message
> Check to see that the server object is in the Exchange Domain Servers
group.
> The error looks as if it can't see the NETBIOS name of the server. Is
there
> any kind of DNS suffix on the NIC properties in the Exchange server, or
> anything else changed?
> --
> David Wilhoit
> Exchange MVP
>

> "Richard" wrote:
>
> > I've just started getting this error message on our exchange server..
> >
> > Event ID = 9317
> > Source = MSExchangeSA
> >
> > Text = Failed to register Service Principal Name for exchangeRFR; error
code
> > was c007200e.
> >
> > All seems to be ok on exchange, apart from webmail clients are having to
> > login using their username@domain instead of just username.
> >
> > Anyone else had this before?
> >
> > Any ideas how to fix it?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Richard

0
djandrew (27)
8/30/2005 11:09:54 AM
"David Andrew" <djandrew@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Yeah I had this when I moved the Exchange Servers computer object to another
>OU... ????? other than  the default one it was installed in.

Moving the server account requires that the System Attendant be
restarted after the move. The SA memorizes the location of the
computer account when it starts. Moving it afterwards confuses it.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Name could not be resolved error.....
Hi Have a strange problem, where I can set up mail accounts, and use these fine, but if I try to add a mailbox in the Open These Additional Mailboxes field, I immediately get an error "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed" This is before ive even tried to resolve a name, its as I click Add, the error just appears, so you dont even get a chance to put a name in there. Any ideas what could have caused this? it seems to be after we ran the move server wizard and moved the server with these accounts on into a new site. Thanks Graham ...

RPC over HTTP
Hi I am trying to setup RPC over HTTP service on a Windows 2003 Enterpise server SP1 running Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1 I have installed the RPC over HTTP service I have installed the Certificate Authority and issued a certificate to the web site containing the Exchange features. Everytime you visit the https:// site and you install the certificate, you prompted the next time you visit the site again. Its seems that the certificate will not install correctly, this causes Outlook not to connect. any help or tips will be much apperciated. My Link with the certificate https://www....

Messages stuck in Queue with status Active and eventually fail.
I have an exchange 2000 server with SP3. The scenario is this; Everything has been functioning great except emailing to AOL, so I setup a smart host to use our ISP's smtp server. Well, they are getting flagged as open relay and the mail is rejected. So I had them setup a reverse dns lookup for our IP so I could send mail directly. I found a site that allows me to check RBL's and we came up good on about 25 of them, so we aren't black listed. Now we can email aol users without any problems, but all of a sudden, I can't get the server to deliver mail to other exchang...

Allow a user to log on as a service as well as a user
I'm doing a blackberry enterprise install and need to allow the admin user for the berry install to log on a service as well. How do i configure the user this way? He is already configured as a admin user. -- Trinidad You configure this (usually) under the Local Security Policy in User Rights. -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Directory Update - http://www.directory-update.com "nigel" <nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0202604E-5164-453F-B16C-FE7F97543FD4@microsoft.com... > I'm doing a blackberry enterprise install...

retrieving directory names
Dear group! Apparently it's a simple question: How do I retrieve the directory name that my program's running in? Background: My applications reads and writes its' configurations from an xml file which is supposed to be stored in the same directory with the executable. Relative pathnames like ".\myconfig.xml" appear to work at startup but as soon as I invoke some file dialogs during runtime the ".\" expression is resolved to the last directory I opened something from. The followup-question to this would be: How do I retrieve directory names like "my pictur...

How to get device name?
Hello all: I want to know all the name of devices in my PC, because I want to open them using API CreateFile and test it, how to do?thanks. Hi, what you want do by meanin "test it"? You cant open all devices with the API CreateFile (for several reasons). Regards Kerem -- ----------------------- Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue Kerem G�mr�kc� Latest Open-Source Projects: http://entwicklung.junetz.de ----------------------- "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#vVH#JkqKHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP0...

Sort highest by name
I have 55 teams in A1 to A55. I have their scores in B1 to B55. Is there a way to list the scores (highest to lowest) but giving their team names instead of all the numbers in order of the highest to the lowest? Help Obe 1 Why don't you just sort this data by column B in descending order? Select the range starting from cell B1 then just click the sort descending button on the toolbar. If you don't want to sort the data then you could use a formula. Are there any tie scores? What type of values are the scores? Are they whole numbers? Decimals? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP &qu...

Services terminating
For the past few days I've come to the office with my Exchange services stopped. The Event Log tells me the IIS Service Mgr shutdown first then the IMAP4, FTP Publishing, POP3, Exc Routing and SMTP. This series of events happened 12 times between 4am and the time I rebooted the server, which fixes the problem until the next morning. Another Event log entry tells me the the SMTP server could not connect to any DNS server, this occured 4 times between midnite and 4am. I have what I believe is a solid AV program (CA eTrust w/Exc option) that is kept updated and scans the drive d...

#Name? problem that has been stumping Everyone
I have been posting this message for about 5 days now and no one has been able to help. I have a macro that fills down the formula =IF(AT2 = 500,MROUND(AI2,500),IF(AT2 = 5,MROUND(AI2,5),IF(AT2 = 10,MROUND(AI2,10),IF(AT2 = 25,MROUND(AI2,25),IF(AT2 = 100,MROUND(AI2,100),IF(AT2 = 200,MROUND(AI2,200),IF(AT2 = 364,MROUND(AI2,364),ROUNDDOWN(AI2,0)))))))) Each time I fill down the range using the macro I get a #name? error. As I have posted before there is no error in the function because when I go into the status bar at the end of the formula and MANUALLY hit enter the formula calculates correctl...

Charting depending on criteria & data series name as a column val
I want to chart some prices as I want to take a look at price trends. My problems, and I can not figure out how to solve them, are: 1. Is it possible to dynamically change the chart depending on certain criteria (product family & selected customers) 2. As the number of customers is variable and they are in one of the columns. Is it possible to plot a series (customer name), depending on the name of a column? 3. I want to chart the data based on the date, but just include the dates available, to prevent periods of time showing no change (e.g. I don't want monthly ticks for the x a...

ADAM Error with Web Service Installation
i need to install the Business Portal for GP 10.0 the web services is required. during the installation of the web services, i encountered an error " ADAM Error 128" what could cause this and how do i solve this? Any one help!!!!! Hi Taiwo Are the web services already installed? If they are it sounds like the issue may be that a different user account installed the web services (other then the one that is installing the BP) Fliehigh "Taiwo" wrote: > > i need to install the Business Portal for GP 10.0 > the web services is required. > during the insta...

CRM 3.0 SDK Web Services
Hi I am writing a small data migration tool to migrate account and contact data. I have approximate 1500 accounts and 6000 contacts to import to CRM 3.0. I finished the application and ran the data migration, I will able to migrate all of the account records without any problem at all. when I run the contact migration, it can migrate 2800 contact records when it get over 2800, my application throw me the following error message: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. I am running CRM 3.0, SQL server and my data migration on the same server. I am wonder w...

Column names
Is there any code to convert column(number) to column(letters), and V.V. e.g. 27 for AA, AB for 28 Thanks =COLUMN(AA:AA) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "daniel chen" <danchen@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:eRRce.675942$w62.535613@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Is there any code to convert column(number) to column(letters), and V.V. > e.g. 27 for AA, AB for 28 > Thanks > Hi, Peo Great! Thanks. How about the other way? i.e. 27 for AA "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message news:%23MpiXScTFHA.2560@TK2MSFTNG...

Name AutoCorrect 09-26-03
I am running Access2000 and working on an existing database (I believe it was converted from FoxPro). I have turned on the Name AutoCorrect options (in Tools > Options > General), however, Name AutoCorrect does not work. I searched KnowlegeBase and found a report 230616 which explained that for a "converted database", I need to save each control that I plan to change, in order to generate the Name Map. I have done that, but Name AutoCorrect still does not work. Any help? Not 100% sure but... 1. Can you create a new .mdb, set the NameAutoCorrect, and import the objec...

Shortcut into Name box
Hi there. Using E02 on XP. I'm using the Name box (above A1) and wonder if there isn't a keystroke to 'jump' into it quickly? Thanks in advance for any help! Depends on what you use it for. If you quickly want to jump to a named range, you can also use F5. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Bonnie" <Hambrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:454a01c520c2$f4137fb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi there. Using E02 on XP. I'm using the Name box (above > A1) and wonder if there isn't a keystroke to 'jump' into ...

Queryinterface then Release fails
Not directly MFC but I couldn't find an appropriate group. I am using the imaging api. and am not too familiar with COM. As I understood it, you must release every resource obtained through Queryinterface. Would someone indicate why the pBasicBitmapOps->Release(); in the code snippet below returns S_FALSE? (the other Releases() return S_OK). TIA HBITMAP withImaging2 (HDC hdc, IImage *pImage) { IImagingFactory* pImageFactory = 0; IBitmapImage* pBitmapImage = 0; IBasicBitmapOps *pBasicBitmapOps = 0; HRESULT hr; CoInitializeEx(0, COINIT_MULTITHREADED); HBITMAP hBitmap = 0; if...

Cross referencing named row with named column
I'm trying to find a way to cross reference a column named June with a row named Sales but cant figure out what the syntax is. I thought it used to be =June|Sales but it doesnt seem to work. Hi try =INDEX(A1:H20,MATCH("June",A1:H1,0),MATCH("Sales",A1:A20,0)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "davide212" <davide212@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:917620B9-9182-45C8-9D0F-56B0878CF617@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to find a way to cross reference a column named June with a row > named Sales but cant figure out ...

xml element names...
hi all, xml element names doesn't support names with whitespaces or symbol characters etc,... but is there any .NET class that can help convert these characters like hex form.... that is what XmlSchema does. Would hate to have to find these characters one at a time... thanks, System.Convert ? Or just do foreach(char Ch in ForbiddenChars) ClassName = ClassName.Replace(Ch,((int)Ch).ToString("X"));//You may have to cast the Ch to string, though that will convert a char to hex. "Maersa" <ma_ersa@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eoScxcKwDHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP11.ph...

Cincinnati Janitorial Service
http://www.cincinnatibuildingmaintenance.com ...

M04, Go to Online Services, default selection
Whenever I synch with my bank, MS Money defaults to 1) Download quotes, News, and Exchange Rates 2) Get the latest money updates I'd prefer to do neither by default. Can I turn these selections to default "off"? TIA ...

data validation using named range from another file
I am setting up a list for cells. I am using data validation and picking a named range. I have no issue if the range is in the active workbook. but i need to use a range from a different workbook. is that possible? if so how? Thanks On 12 avr, 21:33, pat67 <pbus...@comcast.net> wrote: > I am setting up a list for cells. I am using data validation and > picking a named range. I have no issue if the range is in the active > workbook. but i need to use a range from a different workbook. is that > possible? if so how? > > Thanks Hello, If you want to use...

Merging Accounts Twice to Use Bank OFX Services PLUS MSN Money Bil
I have not upgraded from Money 2004 primarily because of the problem I am describing here related to merging accounts. I have tested this with Money 2005 and 2006 and each time I reverted back to 2004 because of this. I have not checked 2007 yet but suspect that this problem persists. Could anyone confirm this for me one way or another? The problem involves the limitation that merging works only with one online and one "offline" account. So for a checking account, when I connect to my bank's online services, a separate online acocunt is created that I can merge with the o...

Mailbox name does not resolve?
I have added all users in the company to the exchange server with no issue except one user. I am using Exchange 2003 and outlook 2003 on all desktops. In outlook I enter the server name and mail box name in both full name and alias form and neither will resolve. The machine connects through file sharing to the exchange box with no problem. I have deleted the box and readded it and it still does not work. David Lewis <*@*.*> wrote in news:e7rig0he6c4h4t16jn3v6bjp1pt673hnhn@4ax.com: > I have added all users in the company to the exchange server with no > issue except one user. I...

Multiple display names for one user?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C42D19.8EED3880 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is this possible? We have a few people that I like to call "special" = who seem to have some identity problems. These people have a first = name, middle name and a nick name. Well they don't like the fact that = their email shows up as their legal name, but they still want it there = incase people use it. So what we have ended up doing is creating = multiple logins and email accounts th...

auto display name in shared calendar
We have set up a shared calendar in the Excahnge public folder area on which each employee will begin to record when they are in/out - on vacation etc... This will enable staff to determine who is available and who is not when phone calls come in for them etc... It seems to work fine except that when you create a calendar entry, you always have to enter your name - so that others will know who the entry is for. Is there any way to set it up so that when you create a calendar entry, your name is automatically displayed as the creator of the item on the calendar entry?? Thanks, Brad ...