Failed to register Service Principal Name for exchangeMDB

I've just started getting this error message on our exchange server..

Event ID = 9317
Source = MSExchangeSA

Text = Failed to register Service Principal Name for exchangeRFR; error code
was c007200e.

All seems to be ok on exchange, apart from webmail clients are having to
login using their username@domain instead of just username.

Anyone else had this before?

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks

Richard

0
Richard

Check to see that the server object is in the Exchange Domain Servers group.
The error looks as if it can't see the NETBIOS name of the server. Is there
any kind of DNS suffix on the NIC properties in the Exchange server, or
anything else changed?
--
David Wilhoit
Exchange MVP

"Richard" wrote:

> I've just started getting this error message on our exchange server..
>
> Event ID = 9317
> Source = MSExchangeSA
>
> Text = Failed to register Service Principal Name for exchangeRFR; error code
> was c007200e.
>
> All seems to be ok on exchange, apart from webmail clients are having to
> login using their username@domain instead of just username.
>
> Anyone else had this before?
>
> Any ideas how to fix it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Richard

0
kidego1 (18)
8/29/2005 8:46:19 PM
Yeah I had this when I moved the Exchange Servers computer object to another
OU... ????? other than  the default one it was installed in.

Regards

"David Wilhoit" <kidego@kidego.net> wrote in message
> Check to see that the server object is in the Exchange Domain Servers
group.
> The error looks as if it can't see the NETBIOS name of the server. Is
there
> any kind of DNS suffix on the NIC properties in the Exchange server, or
> anything else changed?
> --
> David Wilhoit
> Exchange MVP
>

> "Richard" wrote:
>
> > I've just started getting this error message on our exchange server..
> >
> > Event ID = 9317
> > Source = MSExchangeSA
> >
> > Text = Failed to register Service Principal Name for exchangeRFR; error
code
> > was c007200e.
> >
> > All seems to be ok on exchange, apart from webmail clients are having to
> > login using their username@domain instead of just username.
> >
> > Anyone else had this before?
> >
> > Any ideas how to fix it?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Richard

0
djandrew (27)
8/30/2005 11:09:54 AM
"David Andrew" <djandrew@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Yeah I had this when I moved the Exchange Servers computer object to another
>OU... ????? other than  the default one it was installed in.

Moving the server account requires that the System Attendant be
restarted after the move. The SA memorizes the location of the
computer account when it starts. Moving it afterwards confuses it.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Local Range Name & Sheet Duplication
Hi, In my workbook, I have a global variable sheet called "GlobalVars" and individual worksheets. The GlobalVars will have variables that affect all calculation sheets. My variables are localized to this sheet. An individual worksheet represents a region. It will use both specific region inputs and global variables (brought over from GlobalVars) . It performs the region's calculations. Again, all variables are localized. I want to be able to duplicate an individual worksheet as many times as needed. But when I do this, the variables from GlobalVars break. I am left...

how2: show contact name and phone fields in task list
It would be useful if I could display contact name and phone number fields in my task list. In Simple View I've used Field Chooser to insert these columns into the table .. but alas! the fields are blank. Can I do what I want to do and .. how? thanks Any folder view shows only the data in that folder, even though Outlook lets you think otherwise by allowing you to add fields from different types of items in the folder. You may be able to accomplish what you want, however, with a little custom VBA code. For an example, see http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=566 -- Su...

How do I link an incrementing file name like reports1or reports2
=SUM('C:\F drive\My Documents\Expense reports\[Lkreport47.xls]Mileage Log and Reimbursement'!J5) I want to increment the file name to the latest one which is always ending in a higher numerical. Try =INDIRECT("'C:\F drive\My Documents\Expense reports\[Lkreport" & ROW(A46)+1 & ".xls]Mileage Log and Reimbursement'!J5") If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "gonzerv" wrote: > =SUM('C:\F drive\My Documents\Expense reports\[Lkreport47.xls]Mileage Log and > Reimbursement'!J5) > ...

debugging a windows service
I'm a newbie to windows service development. I have a service that was written using Visual C++ and I'm making changes to it. What is the best way to debug this service? Is there a way to set breakpoints or do any of the usual debug operations that you can do with a normal app? Thanks, E >I'm a newbie to windows service development. I have a service that was >written using Visual C++ and I'm making changes to it. What is the best way >to debug this service? Is there a way to set breakpoints or do any of the >usual debug operations that you can do with...

Excel fails to open specific workbook
Whenever one of the end users tries to open an excel file on the serve it comes up with the following error: "EXCEL.exe generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You wil need to restart the program. An error log is being created." Running excel in safe mode, "excel.exe /safe", lets me view the fil just fine, and if I log that user off and log on under my username o her PC it lets me view the file with no problems. Is there something can change to the user profile to fix this problem? Recreating the fil has not been a sucessful venture. On a side note, where the h...

what is the name of the Microsoft exchange 2000 patch?
The one for the exchange server. I believe it is cdo something I just want to do more research before I obtain the patch. On 2 Mar 2007 12:12:47 -0800, fbarbara@gmail.com wrote: >The one for the exchange server. I believe it is cdo something I just >want to do more research before I obtain the patch. There are many patches. How do you you anticipate getting the patch given the status of Exchange 2000 support? ...

can't start windows management services Can't install SQL Server E
I'm getting the error WMI windows management instructmentation module is not installed when I try to start windows management services. WHEN I RUN setup for SQL Server Express 2005. It says configuration checker cannot be executed. I try to start windows management services and it says could not start windows management instrumentation service on local computer. I searched for wmi.dll on my computer and I have it in c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386 can I copy this file somewhere into the system so that it will start windows management services? Do you know if the .Net ...

Money 2004: Can't Open Register for multiple accounts
I have two active accounts in the money file that I am unable to open the register. Other accounts in the file operating fine. This started after reconciling these accounts last evening, then synching with MSN money. The properties for the affected accounts can be edited from the account list screen, but the register for the affected accounts cannot be opened via any method I can find. I have tried both the "Quick repair" from the file menu, and the salvage utility, but no change in the issue. Ideas? Ken Kerr What happens when you "can't open" them?!? "...

Service start failure
Our BP server reports an MBF service that fails to start. Event ID 7022 The Microsoft Business Framework queued work item service hung on starting. I've google'd, searched MS Support, customerSource and found no reference to this exact error. Any ideas? Hi Vince, This is a common error. Sometimes the service actually starts after the error appears. As far as I can tell, it's an open issue--we haven't resolved it. The workaround is to start the service manually. Since the service is used to process HRM documents, you don't need to start it unless you're using...

Separating Names #2
I have an Excel worksheet containing several hundred names with the last and first names entered in the same column such as Smith, John W. I would like to separate these so that the Last name is in one column and the First name is in another. Is there a way to do this without retyping all of them? Look at Data/Text to Columns. Perhaps pick Delimited and then choose comma. "Merlyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c2201c4ab0f$112086e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have an Excel worksheet containing several hundred names > with the last and first...

Mail server host name in greeting...claims to be..
Hii, E2K SP3. When I check mydomain at dnsreports.com it tells me: "WARNING: One or more of your mailservers is claiming to be a host other than what it really is (the SMTP greeting should be a 3-digit code, followed by a space or a dash, then the host name). If your mailserver sends out E-mail using this domain in its EHLO or HELO, your E-mail might get blocked by anti-spam software. This is also a technical violation of RFC821 4.3 (and RFC2821 4.3.1). Note that the hostname given in the SMTP greeting should have an A record pointing back to the same server." On the 'net, I fo...

Calling a stateful web service
Hi, I need to call a stateful JAVA web service in .NET. Anyone know how it's done? Thanks __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4627 (20091121) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com for WS-Address support see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc540766.aspx or you use the WCF 4.0 beta. it has a discovery service that supports WS-Address. -- bruce (sqlwork.com) Pavel Yosifovich wrote: > Hi, > > I need to call a stateful JAVA web servic...

Internet Explorer 7 causes Access XP to fail on loading form with embedded web browser control
I have an Access XP database with a form which displays a web page on loading. Prior to downloading and installing Internet Explorer 7 this worked perfectly. It still works perfectly on another computer on my network which does not have IE7 installed. But when I try and open it using the PC with IE7 it crashes and closes the program. I'm about to uninstall IE7 but if that doesn't work are there any more ideas? Thanks. Jon. On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:23:35 +1100, "Jon" <webindexing@optusnet.com.au> wrote: I'm not familiar with this specific problem, but I wou...

Services not starting
When I reboot/power on my Exchange server two services fail to start they are; Microsoft Exchange Information Store Microsoft Exchange System Attendant When I start the information store the other one turns on... but why doesnt information store start at all? Woady On Sun, 8 May 2005 21:46:32 +0100, "Me" <me@me.com> wrote: >When I reboot/power on my Exchange server two services fail to start they >are; > >Microsoft Exchange Information Store >Microsoft Exchange System Attendant > >When I start the information store the other one turns on... but w...

CListCtrl::SetItem() fails
There is a problem with a ListCtrl when LVIF_PARAM is specified. SetItem returns NULL and the effect is visible. All columns exept the first are empty The first is filled with InsertItem(). When I specify LVIF_TEXT alone, then everything is fine. The very strange thing is that lParam seems to be always valid, whether LVIF_PARAM is specified or not. I've traced it again and again, nothing. Any ideas, somebody? It's Win 2k. TIA, Hans Sorry, I forgot to post the code. c_Blocks is the DDX_Control of the CListCtrl. void CHeapPropPage::WalkHeap() { CString str; char buf[20]; _HEAPI...

Outlook 2002 Inbox failed to display email list
Outlook 2002 failed to display email list in the inbox, "Can't display information in inbox folder.". But it is workable for other folder like " deleted mail". ...

Query works-Export fails "...you and another user are attempting to change the same data..."
Can't figure this out. I am the only user in the database. The file (RealProperty) can be queried using a select query that includes just the fields in the table. I get the above error, however, if I try to export the resulting table/query in any of the following fashions: mdb (in a new db designed to store this one table) ..xls (get the same error) ..csv (get the same error) If it simply try to copy the results, I get the same error. I have checked: there are no dependencies that are missing; there was an export errors table, but the three records that had data issues have been fixed....

VBA for sheet names??
Hi (again), Is it possible to have a VBA macro that could change the sheet names, based on text in certain cells? Suppose I have in SHEET1 cell C2 : CANADA C3 : AUSTRALIA C4 : NETHERLAND The macro would modify the sheet names : sheet2 would become CANADA sheet3 would become AUSTRALIA sheet4 would become NETHERLAND Then, if I changed cell c4 to ENGLAND, running the macro would modify the NETHERLAND sheet to one named ENGLAND. Can anyone help? Thanks Andr� ...

Addin
After installing an addin I get the following messages. Component not correctly registered then unexpected error (336) And the program toolbar is not added. I was able to add this addin on another machine with the same OS but this one particular machine is giving problems. I have even tried the following: re-registering the components manually windows|start button regsvr32.exe pathandfilename.xxx eg. C:\>regsvr32 "C:\program files\common files\system\ole db\file.dll" Also, re-registering Excel's defaults Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /un...

Error on COM register (Post callout) 06-23-04
Hi, I already read something like my problem here but I don't find the solution. When I try register my post callout dll with the Component Wizard I get this message: "One or more do not contain components or type libraries. These files cannot be installed." I follow the msdn article step by step... Can somebody help me? Thank you for pay attention. []'s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo ...

Backups constantly failing
I installed DPM 2007 on server 2008 64bit with a Quantum Superloader 3 which has a LTO 3 tape drive and space for 16 tapes. When I tested a backup I was able to backup a SQL database from another server without a problem. However, every single backup since then has failed with the same error: Type: Tape backup Status: Failed Description: DPM encountered a critical error while performing an I/O operation on the tape Monthly Server Backup (no users, shared areas, SQL or email)-00000001 (COP159L3) (Barcode - COP159L3) in Drive Quantum LTO 3 Tape Drive. (ID 30101 Details: The req...

Getting all records with same name passed from a textbox
Hello, How do i get all records based on the name a customer enters in a textbox from a form Let say in the query i do %betty% - this will return all records with betty partly in it. I am trying to replicate the same based on a value passed from the form How do i get the same result using Like ([Forms]![Main]![txt_exis_pt_name]) - this gives me only one record how do i replicate the same result which gives me all records like when i did %betty% from query design? Thanks for your help. Try: Like * & ([Forms]![Main]![txt_exis_pt_name]) & * That might jus...

interactive services
Hii all, I am writing an interactive service.I use the libraries in DDK.I want to open a window and later, to close the window. You know there is an area in wndclass structure called hinstance.In user mode , i know it;but in kernel mode?I dont know what it is.I couldnt any window. Please help me. There is no windowing or desktop in the kernel your design is messed up. You are going to have to put this in an application and if you need kernel sevices make a driver that is called by the application. You can't even make this a system service anymore since starting with Vista...

Service Unavailable
When I enter OWA, I found the following: 503.1 Service Unavailable. I have verified the services and I have restarted the server. Everything is OK. What can I do? A quick search on MS Knowledge Base on Exchange 2003 for keywords: owa service unavailable turned up the following: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837285/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823159/en-us You might want to check these articles and see if they apply to your situation. If not, perhaps post back with more details regarding your configuration and any changes to it recently. -- Lee Owens MCSE, A+ Check out my b...

how to hang outlook when resolving names in new emails
I have four contacts in my contacts list, and a huge global address list on the corporate directory. If I set to resolve first from contacts, then global; and I type in "sm" then try to resolve, outlook 2000 hangs and must be end tasked. ...