Failed to get user's LDAP path from...

Greetings everyone!

Working on the DST solution.  We are having a problem with the server-side
fix (read: KB930879).

Here is the short version:

getting the "Failed to get user's LDAP path from /O=org
name/OU=Administrative Group/CN=Recipients/CN=user account".  I have tried
with several different user account objects (some 'Domain Admins', others
not).

Anyone seen this problem and have a solution?

For those interested, here are the details:

Test Environment:  Windows Server 2003 SP1 / Exchange Server 2003 SP2.
Windows XP Pro SP2 workstation running Office 2003 SP2 and Windows 2000 Pro
Sp4 running Office 2000 SP3.  Have done the Windows OS Update (KB931836) and
registry hack (for the WIN2000).  Have installed KB931667 on the Windows XP
Pro SP2 system (admin workstation) and have then upgraded with KB933146.
Have then installed KB930879.  No, we have not installed to the default
location!  Know about that issue.  We are using the correct TZMove.exe file
(the 400kb one, not the 8.3MB one).

We are running the grantmailboxpermission.vbs with the output.txt file
(generated on the client from MsExTmz.exe) on the Exchange Server but are
getting only errors.  It is the same error everytime that populates the
grantmailboxpermission.err file - failed to get user's LDAP path from
/O=notyours/OU=First Administrative Group/CN=Recipients/CN=cwshultz (for
example).

I have verified that the legacyExchangeDN for the server is correct (got it
directly from ADSIEdit....although I was able to construct it properly on my
own).  I have verified that the legacyExchangeDN for each of the users in
the output.txt file is correct.  Again, verified with ADSIEdit.

I have tried running the grantmailboxpermisssion.vbs tool using several user
account objects.  I have enabled the "ShowSecurityPage" in the Exchange
System Manager tool and have made sure that any explicit DENY setting has
been removed.  I have used "Administrator".  I have used other user account
objects that are a member of the Domain Admins group.  I have specifically
created a generic user account object (JAppleseed) and made that a member of
the local Administrators group on the admin workstation as well as a member
of the built-in Administrators on the DC/Exchange Server.  I have also tried
delegating Exchange Read Only at the Org level as well as Exchange Full at
the Org level.  I have made sure that there are no explicit DENY
anywhere....both in the Exchange System Manager and, just to be sure, in
ADSIEdit.

Kinda at a loss right now...

Thanks,

Cary

On Mar 8, 1:05 pm, "Cary W. Shultz" <cshu...@nospam.m-c-c-inc.com>
wrote:
> Greetings everyone!
>
> Working on the DST solution.  We are having a problem with the server-side
> fix (read: KB930879).
>
> Here is the short version:
>
> getting the "Failed to get user's LDAP path from /O=org
> name/OU=Administrative Group/CN=Recipients/CN=user account".  I have tried
> with several different user account objects (some 'Domain Admins', others
> not).
>
> Anyone seen this problem and have a solution?
>
> For those interested, here are the details:
>
> Test Environment:  Windows Server 2003 SP1 / Exchange Server 2003 SP2.
> Windows XP Pro SP2 workstation running Office 2003 SP2 and Windows 2000 Pro
> Sp4 running Office 2000 SP3.  Have done the Windows OS Update (KB931836) and
> registry hack (for the WIN2000).  Have installed KB931667 on the Windows XP
> Pro SP2 system (admin workstation) and have then upgraded with KB933146.
> Have then installed KB930879.  No, we have not installed to the default
> location!  Know about that issue.  We are using the correct TZMove.exe file
> (the 400kb one, not the 8.3MB one).
>
> We are running the grantmailboxpermission.vbs with the output.txt file
> (generated on the client from MsExTmz.exe) on the Exchange Server but are
> getting only errors.  It is the same error everytime that populates the
> grantmailboxpermission.err file - failed to get user's LDAP path from
> /O=notyours/OU=First Administrative Group/CN=Recipients/CN=cwshultz (for
> example).
>
> I have verified that the legacyExchangeDN for the server is correct (got it
> directly from ADSIEdit....although I was able to construct it properly on my
> own).  I have verified that the legacyExchangeDN for each of the users in
> the output.txt file is correct.  Again, verified with ADSIEdit.
>
> I have tried running the grantmailboxpermisssion.vbs tool using several user
> account objects.  I have enabled the "ShowSecurityPage" in the Exchange
> System Manager tool and have made sure that any explicit DENY setting has
> been removed.  I have used "Administrator".  I have used other user account
> objects that are a member of the Domain Admins group.  I have specifically
> created a generic user account object (JAppleseed) and made that a member of
> the local Administrators group on the admin workstation as well as a member
> of the built-in Administrators on the DC/Exchange Server.  I have also tried
> delegating Exchange Read Only at the Org level as well as Exchange Full at
> the Org level.  I have made sure that there are no explicit DENY
> anywhere....both in the Exchange System Manager and, just to be sure, in
> ADSIEdit.
>
> Kinda at a loss right now...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cary

I thought v2 of the tool allows you to use the Netbios name?

0
gar598 (5)
3/8/2007 6:25:19 PM
I have tried that as well.

Just to make sure, I am using the .msi file from KB930879.

I have uninstalled the tool and am reapply it.

Thanks,

Cary

<gar598@gmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> objects that are a member of the Domain Admins group.  I have
>> specifically
>> created a generic user account object (JAppleseed) and made that a member
>> of
>> the local Administrators group on the admin workstation as well as a
>> member
>> of the built-in Administrators on the DC/Exchange Server.  I have also
>> tried
>> delegating Exchange Read Only at the Org level as well as Exchange Full
>> at
>> the Org level.  I have made sure that there are no explicit DENY
>> anywhere....both in the Exchange System Manager and, just to be sure, in
>> ADSIEdit.
>>
>> Kinda at a loss right now...
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Cary
>
> I thought v2 of the tool allows you to use the Netbios name?

User with different alias cannot POP email from server??
Running Exchange 5.5 and here's my situation. I have a user with an NT account of bsmith. Her alias is barbsmith because there was already a bsmith alias on another Exchange server in our network. This user can log into OWA fine by using her proper alias but I cannot get Outlook to POP her email from our server. I can open Outlook 2002 on my PC and use the Test Account button for pretty much any users account but it won't work with hers. If I test with hers I get a failure message. The only difference I can see between her account and other users is the alias. I tried deleting h...

Forwarding email on user causes LDAP constraint violation
Scenario: two completely different domains, bi-directional trust established (single domain forrests each). Desired solution: for some users in domain A who have an Exchange Server mailbox in that domain, create a fowarding to their email address on domain B where domains A and B are trusted bi-directionally. Result: chaning the properties of user in domain A under Exchange General tab, delivery options, to forward to a user email in domain B Exchange Server causes an error box: constraint violation LDAP provider. Any clues as to what needs to be done to make this work? Browsing t...

Update for Windows Vista (KB976662) has failed to install
Can anyone help, I have tried on numerous occasions to update the above but on every occasion as failed "Echo8" wrote: > Can anyone help, I have tried on numerous occasions to update the above but > on every occasion as failed Echo8 wrote: > Can anyone help, I have tried on numerous occasions to update the > above but on every occasion as failed mes wrote: > I also keep getting a not repsonding Nothing like tacking onto an existing conversation and ignoring the request for more information just like the original poster. ;-) -- Shena...

Macro for test result Count as pass, fail and incomplete.
Hi all, Please send me a macro to resolve my issue as i have to excecute test cases and after that at the end of the day i need to send the number of count for my test cases as Pass, Fail and incomplete, and right now i'm doing this manually so please send me a macro so that just running that macro i 'll able to count my test result separatly as pass fail and incomplete... Thanx in advance... Amar You have given no information about the data layout, so it is difficult to be specific, but you can probably do what you want with a worksheet function instead of a macro. See Help fo...

LDAP port number
I have a Windows 2000 server with exchange 5.5. I would like to know is it possible to change windows 2000 server LDAP server port number 389 to some other port as I would like to leave my exchange 5.5 LDAP port number as 389? ray3d84 ...

switchboard fails to open automatically
Hi Folks, I have created a database in Access 2007. I have set the switchboard as the default, but it fails to launch automatically when the database is openned. It is the only switchboard in Switchboard Manager and it is set as the default. Please assist if you have any ideas. Thanks, -- Markb Go to tools/startup and set the switchboard to start when Access starts. "markb" wrote: > Hi Folks, > > I have created a database in Access 2007. I have set the switchboard as the > default, but it fails to launch automatically when the database is openned. > It is ...

If a user delete a mail....how do i get it back?
Hi all I have a exch2003 + outlook2003 setup. i have a issue where a user deleted a mail and from Deleted items also. I tried to lg onto OWA and recover it from there but was unable to do so because it was 7-10 days back. is there anything i can do in exchange to keep message e.g 30 days after it has been deleted. Thank you for your ideas. Search for "deleted item retention" in Exchange Help. - Jason "MSExchange2003Student" <exchangestudent@newsgroups.com> wrote in message news:%23jXF4C5bHHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi all > > I have a exch...

USER NAMES
Hi, Like many telesales functions ours has a high staff turnover. In order to keep having to set up new Active Directory and CRM user accounts I was thinking of setting up a generic user accounts called, for example, telesales1, telesales2 etc instead of individual user names. The Active Directory user would therefore be called telesales 1 and within MS CRM instead of user names there would be telesales1, telesales 2 etc. Does anyone have any opinion as to whether there would be any issues with MS CRM and this intended approach? Best regards Lee Lee, As long as these users are truly uni...

Within domain mail going to Junk Email on some users?
Hi Everyone, I have a weird situation, not sure if Exchange is causing it or if Outlook is. When certain users email others within our single domain, their mail goes directly to the recipient's junk email folder? Any thoughts as to why? No Rules are causing it that I can see... Thanks! On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 06:01:02 -0800, "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontgomery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Everyone, > >I have a weird situation, not sure if Exchange is causing it or if Outlook >is. > >When certain users email others within our single domain, t...

How do spam mails come to new users' mailboxes
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003F_01C6FD9B.C49FC100 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable One of my technicians asked me this question. We just created a new email address for a new user. Before the user = sends any emails out, she receives 7 spam emails in her first day. Why? Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on = http://www.ChicagoTech.net=20 How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on = http://www.HowToNetworking.com ------=...

Mail addressed to one user going to another
Hello! I've got a root/child domain setup with three Exchange servers in the root domain. One of the Exchange servers acts as a front end server while the other two hold the mail for all of the users in the enterprise. I'm having a problem with mail being sent to the wrong user. We have a couple users with the same login names but they belong to different domains. bob@child1.domain.com and bob@child2.domain.com for example. Depending on what day it is and the position of the sun and the moon, if I send mail to bob@child1.domain.com either he will get it or bob@child2.domain...

How to delete certain emails before they reach the user's mailbox?
Hi 1. I'm dealing with Windows Small Business Server 2003 (as an administator) and Exchange Server 2003. 2. I would like to be able to create my own spam filter in C++ to run on the server and use with Exchange. 3. Is there a way to access the files which actually store the emails so that i could analyze them and delete certain ones before they reach the user's mailbox? Thanks, David. "David" <davidmccaldin@gmail.com> wrote: >1. I'm dealing with Windows Small Business Server 2003 (as an >administator) and Exchange Server 2003. > >2. I would like...

getting all attachments in outlook 2003
Is there a change I can make so I can receive ALL attachments? I have been into Tools, Options, Security but don't see anything there that I can "check" so that I can download all attachments. Those instructions are for Outlook Express. For Outlook, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm Stephen Larivee wrote: > Is there a change I can make so I can receive ALL attachments? I > have been into Tools, Options, Security but don't see anything there > that I can "check" so that I can download all attachments. Thanks. It worked out grea...

users permission
i'm trying to share a outlook calander with a non-local user it says( that non- local users can't be given rights on this server.) how would i go about this. please help What do you mean by non-local users? Provide more detail on how you are sharing the calendar and where the non local user is coming from. Nue "tmolaee" <tmolaee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B4D21E7-7C6F-4BBC-BA52-CD0AE5365F4E@microsoft.com... > i'm trying to share a outlook calander with a non-local user it says( > that > non- local users can't be given ri...

Cannot login a new user
I login GP as "sa" and create a newuser. When the new user tried to login GP and got "There isn't a valid login record on the server for the user ID and password you entered." I checked GP and SQL Server and the user is there. What can I do to solve the problem? Thanks. stien, Are you making sure that you log into GP with the user id as the same case? With 9.0, the user id/password is case sensitive. It could also be that you didn't grant access to the user to any companies in the User Company Access window but I don't think that's it as on initial log...

User Form
I am creating a user form. One of the fields is for the date of birth of the person being entered. The person being entered has to be between 14 and 16 on the date of entry. Is there a way to set up some type of validation so that if the person isn't between 14 and 16 an error message will pop up? If so, how? Thanks. There's a function called =datedif() that you can use. Select your cell (I used A1). Data|Validation Custom formula: =AND(DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")>13,DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")<17) First, take a look at Chip Pearson's notes at: http://ww...

Getting rid of blank footer
When I print from Onenote, in the Print Preview, I can select Footer: (none). However, when I print with a full page background image (set as background or not), there is a thin blank space across the width of the page where the footer text would be if any were selected. It splits the image and makes it impossible to print a full page image. Is there any workaround for this? Thanks dcomst wrote: > When I print from Onenote, in the Print Preview, I can select Footer: > (none). > However, when I print with a full page background image (set as > background or not), t...

How do I get '&' to print within the Header of a Excel Worksheet?
I am having trouble getting the & to show up in the Header of an Excel Spreadsheet. What am I doing wrong? For example: Smith & Smith Use two ampersands. The first one gets eaten by Excel. Francis Hayes (The Excel Addict) http://www.TheExcelAddict.com mmmmmmmm ampersands.... "ExcelNut" wrote: > Use two ampersands. The first one gets eaten by Excel. > > Francis Hayes (The Excel Addict) > http://www.TheExcelAddict.com > . > ...

Batches having user id.
Hi, There is an error where user is not able to open Sales Order processing. This is happening frequently with the same user. Has anybody faced a similar problem frequently where batch number gets stored by used id in SY00500 and then the user is not able to open SOP transaction. Resolution has been given to delete such batches and then the user is able to open the SOP transaction entry screen. Can any one let me know the cause for getting this error? Regards, I believe when the batch ID is the user ID then that means the user was not actually putting the transaction into a batch, jus...

The converter failed to save the file
I'm trying to use the PowerPoint Viewer 2007 to open a sample pptx file made with PowerPoint 2007. I have installed FileFormatConverters.exe as well. When I try to open the file, a prompt with "Save As" in the title bar and "The converter failed to save the file." in the text appears. I can open PowerPoint 2003 files without any trouble. Any ideas? Thanks, The PPT 2007 Viewer actually includes the compatibilty pack -- that's why the installer is, like, 25MB. (The compat pack is FileFormatConverters.exe.) So you should have the compat pack once with ...

Open Files, perform action - fails
The following code casues an application defined error and I need hel understanding why. The code for finding the word "closed" in column works fine in a worksheet all by itself. And the code that reads file list from a directory works fine by itself. However, the tw together seem not to behave together...Any thoughts???? Sub OpenWorkbooksInLocation() Application.ScreenUpdating = True 'to see whats happening Dim i As Integer With Application.FileSearch 'find files .NewSearch .LookIn = "C:\Test" 'Amend to suit .SearchSubFolders = False .Filename = "...

Per User 'Mark as Read' on Mailbox
We have a number of users that, as well as their own e-mail address, share a common group one. The group mailbox shows the status 'Read' for all users when the first user marks it as read, for whatever reason. Is there a way that each user can have his own read status? I realise that this is availble for Public Folders. We are using Microsoft Outlook 2000 SR1. ...

How do i get a combo box to enter data in a table from a form?
I want to use a form for data entry. Within that form I have two combo boxes to look up recurring data. When I select an item and expect it to write to another table it does not. What must i do to accomplish this? You'll need to tell us more details about your form's setup and the tables' designs. Your question suggests, though, that you may be storing data redundantly in your database, which usually is unnecessary and may be a source of future data integrity problems. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Joe Owens" <Joe Owens@discussions.microsoft.c...

getting clicks on CListCtrl in CView?
hello, I have added a clistctrl to my cview but need to get when a user clicks and double clicks an item in it. Can someone tell me how to do this, or point me in the direction of finding out? Thanks D >I have added a clistctrl to my cview but need to get when a user >clicks and double clicks an item in it. >Can someone tell me how to do this, or point me in the direction of >finding out? Handle the NM_CLICK/NM_DBLCLK notifications. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

Import of accounts fails
Got a bit of a strange situation. I am trying to import new account. This fails with the error: "Data in row did not match the import type", error code 0x8004032d. I checked the Microsoft site checked the Microsoft site http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/troubleshooting/tsbulkimport.mspx .. Here they say it is realted to importing look up fields. Situation is, that I am not importing lookup fields. I have two environments: a live environment (without the latest modifcations) and a test environment (with modifcations). The new accounts that need to be imported, have...