Extracting all attachments for a single user...

Is that possible?

We had a server crash, and the backup didn't restore everything.  I need to
be able to pull out all of the attachments that our Graphic Artist email out
through our Single Server Exchange 2003 server.  He always used Outlook 2003
in cached-exchange mode.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,
Blake

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:02:20 -0400, "Galpersonal"
<Galpersonal@online.nospam> wrote:

>Is that possible?
>
>We had a server crash, and the backup didn't restore everything.  I need to
>be able to pull out all of the attachments that our Graphic Artist email out
>through our Single Server Exchange 2003 server.  He always used Outlook 2003
>in cached-exchange mode.
>
>Can anyone help me with this?
>
>Thanks,
>Blake

If he hasn't connected his laptop to the server following the restore
then you can use his workstation, off the network, and run an export
of stuff to a PST file.
That said, any idea why the restore didn't work properly? Did you
restore to the RSG so you could trawl through and check it??
0
mark7219 (5666)
9/25/2006 7:24:39 PM
if the user was running in cached mode, you should be able to recover all
the email and attachments from the cached pst file...did you try having the
user bring up Outlook, not connected to the network?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Galpersonal" <Galpersonal@online.nospam> wrote in message
> Is that possible?
>
> We had a server crash, and the backup didn't restore everything.  I need
> to be able to pull out all of the attachments that our Graphic Artist
> email out through our Single Server Exchange 2003 server.  He always used
> Outlook 2003 in cached-exchange mode.
>
> Can anyone help me with this?
>
> Thanks,
> Blake

0
sconkey (3059)
9/25/2006 7:25:40 PM
I apologize.  A file server crashed that had his graphic images on it.  I
want to go through his email where he emailed out graphic files, and pull
those out and put them somewhere on the new file server.
"Galpersonal" <Galpersonal@online.nospam> wrote in message
> Is that possible?
>
> We had a server crash, and the backup didn't restore everything.  I need
> to be able to pull out all of the attachments that our Graphic Artist
> email out through our Single Server Exchange 2003 server.  He always used
> Outlook 2003 in cached-exchange mode.
>
> Can anyone help me with this?
>
> Thanks,
> Blake

if he still has the emails in his mailbox, that should be simple...just save
the attachments wherever you need them...

--

>I apologize.  A file server crashed that had his graphic images on it.  I
>want to go through his email where he emailed out graphic files, and pull
>those out and put them somewhere on the new file server.
> "Galpersonal" <Galpersonal@online.nospam> wrote in message
>> Is that possible?
>>
>> We had a server crash, and the backup didn't restore everything.  I need
>> to be able to pull out all of the attachments that our Graphic Artist
>> email out through our Single Server Exchange 2003 server.  He always used
>> Outlook 2003 in cached-exchange mode.
>>
>> Can anyone help me with this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Blake

0
sconkey (3059)
9/25/2006 7:38:56 PM
There isn't anything more "automatic"?  He has a LOT of emails that he
sent -- there isn't come process of just stripping off those attachments?

"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> if he still has the emails in his mailbox, that should be simple...just
> save the attachments wherever you need them...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Galpersonal" <Galpersonal@online.nospam> wrote in message
>>I apologize.  A file server crashed that had his graphic images on it.  I
>>want to go through his email where he emailed out graphic files, and pull
>>those out and put them somewhere on the new file server.
>> "Galpersonal" <Galpersonal@online.nospam> wrote in message
>>> Is that possible?
>>>
>>> We had a server crash, and the backup didn't restore everything.  I need
>>> to be able to pull out all of the attachments that our Graphic Artist
>>> email out through our Single Server Exchange 2003 server.  He always
>>> used Outlook 2003 in cached-exchange mode.
>>>
>>> Can anyone help me with this?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Blake

not natively with Exchange...

--

> There isn't anything more "automatic"?  He has a LOT of emails that he
> sent -- there isn't come process of just stripping off those attachments?
>

> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> if he still has the emails in his mailbox, that should be simple...just
>> save the attachments wherever you need them...
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "Galpersonal" <Galpersonal@online.nospam> wrote in message
>>>I apologize.  A file server crashed that had his graphic images on it.  I
>>>want to go through his email where he emailed out graphic files, and pull
>>>those out and put them somewhere on the new file server.
>>> "Galpersonal" <Galpersonal@online.nospam> wrote in message

0
sconkey (3059)
9/25/2006 8:09:57 PM
These samples show various ways to save attachments programmatically =
from Outlook:=20

http://www.fontstuff.com/outlook/oltut01.htm
http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=3D70
http://www.slovaktech.com/code_samples.htm#StripAttachments

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"Galpersonal" <Galpersonal@online.nospam> wrote in message =
> There isn't anything more "automatic"?  He has a LOT of emails that he =

> sent -- there isn't come process of just stripping off those =
attachments?
>=20
>=20
> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message=20
>> if he still has the emails in his mailbox, that should be =
simple...just=20
>> save the attachments wherever you need them...
>>
>> --=20
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "Galpersonal" <Galpersonal@online.nospam> wrote in message=20
>>>I apologize.  A file server crashed that had his graphic images on =
it.  I=20
>>>want to go through his email where he emailed out graphic files, and =
pull=20
>>>those out and put them somewhere on the new file server.
>>> "Galpersonal" <Galpersonal@online.nospam> wrote in message=20

Artist=20

>>=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
9/25/2006 8:26:11 PM
hmmmm...that looks pretty interesting...

--

> Ah ha!!
>
> Outlook Attachment Sniffer -- it's AWESOME!
>
> http://www.sharewareplaza.com/Outlook-Attachment-Sniffer-downloads_8491.html
>
> (And free for 30 days!)
>
> "Galpersonal" <Galpersonal@online.nospam> wrote in message
>> Is that possible?
>>
>> We had a server crash, and the backup didn't restore everything.  I need
>> to be able to pull out all of the attachments that our Graphic Artist
>> email out through our Single Server Exchange 2003 server.  He always used
>> Outlook 2003 in cached-exchange mode.
>>
>> Can anyone help me with this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Blake

0
sconkey (3059)
9/25/2006 8:26:47 PM
Ah ha!!

Outlook Attachment Sniffer -- it's AWESOME!

http://www.sharewareplaza.com/Outlook-Attachment-Sniffer-downloads_8491.html

(And free for 30 days!)

"Galpersonal" <Galpersonal@online.nospam> wrote in message
> Is that possible?
>
> We had a server crash, and the backup didn't restore everything.  I need
> to be able to pull out all of the attachments that our Graphic Artist
> email out through our Single Server Exchange 2003 server.  He always used
> Outlook 2003 in cached-exchange mode.
>
> Can anyone help me with this?
>
> Thanks,
> Blake

And it works like a charm!  :-)

> hmmmm...that looks pretty interesting...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Galpersonal" <Galpersonal@online.nospam> wrote in message
>>
>> Ah ha!!
>>
>> Outlook Attachment Sniffer -- it's AWESOME!
>>
>> http://www.sharewareplaza.com/Outlook-Attachment-Sniffer-downloads_8491.html
>>
>> (And free for 30 days!)
>>
>> "Galpersonal" <Galpersonal@online.nospam> wrote in message
>>> Is that possible?
>>>
>>> We had a server crash, and the backup didn't restore everything.  I need
>>> to be able to pull out all of the attachments that our Graphic Artist
>>> email out through our Single Server Exchange 2003 server.  He always
>>> used Outlook 2003 in cached-exchange mode.
>>>
>>> Can anyone help me with this?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Blake

domain user, Outlook, password
a domain user using MS Outlook is asks for a user id and password every time they try to go into their Outlook. I think it has something to do with them not being authenicated from the domain, but I'm not sure. Can you respond with the possibilities and some solutions. "mrosinbaum" <mrosinbaum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83AC0A64-0C48-44F7-BF3E-2E4835F35C01@microsoft.com... >a domain user using MS Outlook is asks for a user id and password every time > they try to go into their Outlook. I think it has something to do with them &g...

Excel 2000: allow users to edit ranges
I have Excel 2002 SP3 but another user has 2000 SP3. I created a big worksheet but only want him to be able to edit 1 column, so I used the Tools > Protection > Allow users to edit ranges and gave him access to that 1 column. When he opens it in 2000, he can not edit anything without first removing the protection from the entire worksheet. When I go to his Tools > Protection, he only has 3 options: protect sheet; protect workbook; protect and share workbook. He has no allow users to edit ranges option. Was this option not included in Excel 2000? Is there an update or add in f...

Question about outlook with attachment with name att00001.txt
Dear all, I would like to ask a problem about the MS outlook, details as follows: One of our client which using MS outlook 2000/2003/2007 have a problem about received email (using pop3), which we don't know why it will automatic added a file (att00001.txt) no matter the file with attachment or not. What our client use mail server are Linux Postfix, in front of the Postfix, our client use Cisco Ironport to scan the spam mail. The network diagram: Postfix <-> Ironport <-> Firewall <-> Internet We had made a few test and found that: 1. If the client open t...

Problem Attaching File to Email
I have setup email, using CDO, in a database. I have incorporated www.lebans.com's code for creating a PDF. However, when I configure my CDO.Message object, I get an "Object doesn't support this property or method. Error Number 438" Here is the offending code. It is the .AddAttachment property. With iMsg .To = gblEmail1 .From = gblEmailFrom .BCC = gblEmailBCC .Subject = gblEmailSubject .Sender = gblEmailReply .ReplyTo = gblEmailReply .HTMLBody = gblEmailBody .AddAttachment = "c:\tsw\...

Outlook Express Attachments
I can receive attachments and see then on incoming emails, but can't click to open or save. Anyone had this problem? Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329570 OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in OLEXP 6 (OE removed access to the unsafe attachments in your email) http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291387 The articles will tell you to go to 'Tools|Options|Security' and remove the checkmark from the fourth box down, the one labeled "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potential...

extracting a XML segment (element)
Hello, I need to extract an element from a xml document something like this <myXml> <Header> <Name/> <LastName/> <Age/> </Head> <Body> <Properties> <Address/> <Location/> <Country> </Properties> </Body> </myXml> I need to extract from my Stream the <Properties> element (and sub elements) located inside the Body element. How can I do that? Thanks a lot again! AA I forgot to mention that the element <P...

How to stop this attachment
Hi there, I wasn't quite sure which NG this problem would be in relation to so forgive me for posting to both. Anyway, I'm running on WinXP,OE6 &IE6. My problem is that when I type a letter using Word and then email it using the send button on the Word toolbar an attachment always seems to be sent attached to it (without "me" having actually done it.). I was wondering whether anyone else has experienced this. Thanks very much, TW, AKLD, NZ. clearpoint <clearpoint@xtra.co.nz> wrote: > Anyway, I'm running on WinXP,OE6 &IE6. Ask in an Outlook Expres...

Prevent External MAIL delivery to some users
I have a group of users, that they should receive internal mail from all users in organization, but i do not want them that they receive mail from anywhere from internet. Is it possible to configure that tape of delivery, so if somebody from internet wants to send mail to user@bla.com user wont get that mail, but it would get mail from userX@bla.com, and user@bla.com can send mail to userX@bla.com Mr.B wrote: > I have a group of users, that they should receive internal mail from all users in organization, but i do not want them that they receive mail from anywhere from internet. > Is ...

Reporting Exchange User Activity
Hi, I am looking for a means (3rd Party recommendations welcome) on how to get the following information from our Exchange server. The "client" list of domains may be up to 500 domain names. How many emails per day are sent by our company to its clients? How many emails per day are received by our company to its clients? How many emails per day are sent by a specified department to our clients? How many emails per day are received by a specified department from our clients? How many emails per day are sent by an individual to our clients? Thanks Promodag: http://www.promod...

Logged-in user was not found in the Active Directory
Hey all, We just did a fresh install of CRM. Everything installed without errors, but when I try to access CRM via the server name I get a generic "Error - An error has occured. For more information please contact your system administrator." From the CRM server I can access is via localhost without any problems. The error that is logged in the event viewer is: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 10/13/2005 Time: 10:26:27 AM User: N/A Computer: SERVER Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report -----------------------------------...

The same worksheet has different page numbers for different users
Hi all, I have a problem where two users opening the same file and having the same page set up, end up with printed documents of different page counts when viewed through print preview and when printed. The only difference is that one user is on a W2K machine, the other on Windows 95. Has anyone any suggestions? The first suggestion is quite obvious (upgrade the '95 system) - but would expect the difference in page lengths (I presume the '95 syste fits less data to the page, thus producing more pages) would b attributed to Win2000 having a better grasp of variable width fonts -- ...

XP sp3: change user not allowed
Hello first of all, I have to say that all worked fine since this morning. I haven't changed anything, maybe it depends on one of the latest automatic update. Before today, when I clicked on change user (start > disconnect > change user) and chose another user, xp would let me in the other account. Now the account is loaded for a second and then I am sent to the initial screen again (the one where all account are shown): it's like XP won't allow more than one user desktop to be open at a time. Another thing that I noticed is that there is no more indication of ...

Bulk Import failures view for non-admin users
Hi, I got a requirement to show 'Failures' while clicking on Imports. CRM shows this only for System Administrators. Can we make it enable for other custom roles? if so how? Thanks in Advance Rakesh Narayan ...

All emails sent are received as attachments???
I just starting using Outlook 2002 on my new computer. The people who receive my emails now say that the text arrives as an attachment. I type the text into the body of the email and even when I open the email in my "Sent Items" folder after I sent them the text is there as usual and not in an attachment. However those receiving my emails see nothing in the body of the email but have to open another document which comes attached. Does anyone know why this is happeming and how to correct it? It appears Outlook may by default be set to use Word as the editor. Do the follo...

CRM Laptop Client for Outlook starts with other users profile.
CRM Laptop Client for Outlook starts with other users profile. I have uninstalled the CRM Laptop Client for Outlook from his profile and deleted the MSCRM. pst, Re-installed CRM Laptop Client for Outlook with my profile but still can see other user login. Even webclient opens with his login, it doesnt promts for Username & Password after installing CRM Laptop Client for Outlook. Thanks in advance ...

Setting up two users in Outlook
How do you set up multiple users in Outlook (I don't want to share the calendar or contacts). I tried creating a new .pst file, but when I opened it my contacts and calendar information appeared also on the new file. When I deleted a contact, it deleted it in my .pst file as well as the new one. Thanks. What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don'...

Message Size Limit, User Override not working
Hi I have a 10MB Message Size limit as default for Send/Recieve. I override some users to allow 25MB size. This is now within the last few weeks not working, messages are getting blocked. On some bounces the message is reading that the file size is over the limit of 25600K instead of Meg. Does anyone know of a bug that is causing this? My only solution so far is to remove the default limits and run unlimited. Not exactly what I want to do. "bensong69" <bensong69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54A2E698-D649-4007-9F67-8E44123297E7@microsoft.com... &g...

Attachments missing on Internal Emails viewed in OWA
I'm having a difficulty with emails sent internally from Outlook 2007 to another internal user on Exchange Server 2003 SP2 installed in Windows 2003 Server Standard. Generally, the server has all the updates. I just updated it about a week ago. These attachments (no matter what they are) will not show up in OWA. They do show up in Outlook. And if you try to forward the email, the attachment will appear. So, our work-around right now has been to forward these emails to themselves in OWA and the subsequent email will have the attachment in them. All other emails with...

send attachment to multiple recipients, but viewable only to one
Hi there... Possibly a bit of an odd request... I want to know if it is possible to send an attachment in an email to a number of people, but to specify that only one of the recipients would be able to open it... Basically I want to be able to demonstrate that an attachment has been sent, but not have it read by everyone it has been sent to. I'm using Outlook 2003... Any help would be very greatfully recieved! Thanks in advance... Chris Not sure if this is what you're looking for... One option would be to set the file with a password to open and send the password only to the ind...

how to share a theme with other PPT users?
I've developed a nice set of corporate colors (PPT 2007) under the Design tab/Colors/Create New Theme Colors. How can I share this set of colors with my coworkers? I thought it traveled with the PPT doc, but turns out it didn't. Or maybe I need to save the PPT a different way? Thanks for your help. TJ YOu could delete all the content, then do a Save As and save as the file type ..pot (powerPoint Templates) You could then send this file for others to use. They can either create new presentatons using this template or they could go to Themes, and click the drop down to ...

How do I get my text to wrap in a single cell in exel?
I can't get all my text in a single cell, it starts across in to the cell next to it instead of starting a new text row below? Thanks Hi DJz, Select your cell and go to Format-->Cell. On the Alignment tab, check the checkbox labelled Wrap Text at the bottom of that dialogue window. HTH, Katherine "DJz" <DJz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97B925D0-FF0C-4CC9-AB23-9CB2D9AC2597@microsoft.com... > I can't get all my text in a single cell, it starts across in to the cell > next to it instead of starting a new text row below? Thanks Hi Kathe...

Outlook express attachments.
i have trouble opening some of the attatchments on my email. some come up and i can open them but others show up but i cant access them. please can someone help its driving me mad. Tools | Options | Security... -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! <GAZTOOL@BLUEYONDER.CO.uk> wrote in message news:028801c3a963$5e9ade10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > i have trouble opening some of the attatchments on my > e...

user id on posting journal
Hi, I am wondering what is the logic of having the the id of the user who printed the posting journal rather than the user who posted the transaction? is there anyway to change this logic Regards, Michael, IMHO, the logic is that when you have 5 users all printing reports to the same printer and not picking them up right away, it's helpful to have the user who printed in the header to figure out who each printout belongs to. The user who posted the transaction is stored in the database, and while I have not tested this for all posting journals, I believe you can add it on most of t...

Excel 2003 User name
We use ghost to image all our machines and ive noticed recently, when users use excel their user name comes up as venuswilliams (the guy that originally built our image had a thing for her so he used her as a test user). Its fair simple to change the username in excel if you go to Tools - Options, then click on the General tab and down the bottom is the user name field. But what i want to do is change it so it always takes the logged on user. Ive searched for venuswilliams in the registry and deleted everything relating to her but as soon as i log in as a new user on that machine in excel i...

Save single pages????
Put together a 4 page doc in Publisher. Is there a way to save individual pages as seperate files? Need to send, e-mail, and files to large for server (38meg). Would like to break down(save) each page and send then be able to put back together. thanks, L. Hi L/P (info@wabashrealty.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Put together a 4 page doc in Publisher. || Is there a way to save individual pages as seperate files? || Need to send, e-mail, and files to large for server (38meg). Would || like to break down(save) each page and send then be able to put back || together. || || ...