External users will use only smtp/pop3 connection to Exchange Serv

External users will use only smtp/pop3 connection to Exchange Server.

I dont won't create AD users with mailboxes.

Are there any other ways to resolve this problem?
0
Slava (6)

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 22:44:01 -0800, "Slava"
<Slava@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>External users will use only smtp/pop3 connection to Exchange Server.

Fine, that's perfectly OK.

>I dont won't create AD users with mailboxes.

Oh yes you will. No AD account = No Mailbox. No Mailbox = No access to
the server.

>Are there any other ways to resolve this problem?

What problem?
0
mark7219 (5666)

Determine framework version used by an application or a .dll
Hi, Is there a way to determine if an application (currently running in windows) is using the 3.0, 3.5 net framework?? I already tried several methods and lost many hours on this but I always get the CLR version and not the "real" framework version How do I get the used framework version (or the target framework) of an application? Thanks, On 5/2/2010 5:35 AM, SQACSharp wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way to determine if an application (currently running > in windows) is using the 3.0, 3.5 net framework?? > > I already tried several metho...

file will not save
One of my excel files will not save. it seems to work ok, but when i try to save it, i get a "document not saved" message. the file cannot be closed unless i agree not to try to save it. any ideas why i cannot save this file? #1. Are you working off a floppy? If yes, then don't do this. Use windows explorer to copy from floppy to harddrive and work from there (and save there). Then use windows explorer to copy back to floppy. #2. You're saving to a location that you don't have permission to save to. #3. Your diskdrive is out of space??? missionary wrote...

Monitoring Exchange 2003 #2
Hello, We are planning to implement MOM 2005. However, we are also concerned about implementing auditing for changes made within ESM. Will there be a tool that will allow management to know a change was completed by a specific UserID? When a mailbox store is dismounted - who dismounted it/date/time? When a change is made to the RUS - who made the change? Thank you, Exchange2003 MOM does not have the ability to monitor this in the shipped Management Pack. You can enable AD auditing on the domain controllers: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314955&sd=tech. ...

need Help for Migration Exchange 5.5
Hello NG, we`ve the following Configuration : - Exchange 5.5 with SP4 - single Winwos 2000 DC - configured both side ADC a new Hardware should be used for an Exchange 2003 and second DC. next steps i would do as following : - Update ADC Version with Exchange 2003 ADC - running Exchange 2003 forestprep, then domainprep, an after all running setup to install Exchange 2003 in the same organization, site - replicate system Folders and public Folders - moving all Mailboxes to the Exchange 2003 Store - configure the Exchange 2003 virtual SMTP Server to send outgoing Mail - reconfigure the F...

smtp addresses #2
Exchange 2000. I have 2 smtp addresses under recipient policy. smtp: username@domain.com (set as default) smtp: username@local.domain.com These were created automatically when we migrated from exchange 5.5 to 2000. local.domain.com is our internal domain. domain.com is our Internet address. I unchecked local.domain.com address, and "Apply this policy now", but it did not remove them from each users AD account. So I deleted the local.domain.com address, and "Apply this policy now", but it still did not remove them from each users AD account. We are getting NDR's b...

Exchange 2003
Hello I have a newly setup production exchange server (sp2). It is only serving a small subset of my organisation, about 15 users, using mydomain1.com. My active directory contains around 100 user accounts that do not have exchange mailboxes and they use our old pop3 based system and have a seperate email domain name, mydomain2.com. It would appear that whenever someone with an exchange mailbox (mydomain1.com) sends mail to people with an email address listed elsewhere in the active directory (mydomain2.com) it gets stuck in the local exchnage delivery queue rather than forwarding i...

Entourage 2004 and Exchange 2003 Cluster
Hello, I have an Active Passive Exchange 2003 SP2 cluster Exch1 and Exch2. When I set it to Exch 1 our one MAC user running Entourage 2004 is unable to connect. Does anyone know what setting to check on the Exchange server? Thanks, DOTT ...

create new users STRANGE problem
Hi, I'm developing a web application (using standard asp and not asp.net) to let certain remote users administer exchange 2003. I have installed win2003 standard edition, exchange 2003 enterprise edition,owa and my web application on the same server. My web app, let users to create mailboxes, delete mailboxes, change user password. All works fine, but for example, if I reboot the server, a web application user can create 50 mailboxes. But when any of these users log on to owa, something goes wrong and the admin user cannot mailbox enable other user accounts through the web app, even if he ...

ProbleM: when I restore a mailbox using Exmerge with a pst file, nothing is transferred.
Hi, I am practising Exmerge for a big remote site migration in a couple of weeks. One thing I dont understand is that I can backup one test mailbox fine using Exmerge (I know this works, as I have opened the mailbox pst file within outlook and everything is there), but when I perform the restore using the pst file, nothing happens. There is no error messages, and Emerge goes through the motions (though it finishes supsiciously quick), but when I open the mailbox, no emails have been restored. Although it is great that Exmerge is working for the backup part of the stage, I am disappointed it i...

Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2003 and Czech characters
We are using the following configuration: - Windows XP English - Outlook 2003 English + MUI for French, Spanish, Italian, German - Exchange 5.5. We encounter some problem with Czech characters. When contacts are stored in the mailbox in Exchange 5.5, some czech characters are replaced in contact name, company, .... When we stored the same contact in a pst file, evrything works fine. The characters are not replaced. Have somebody an idea or a solution for me? ...

Using Word 2003 in Vista: Opening dictionary shuts down Word
This is a problem in Vista; it did not occur when I used Word 2003 in XP. Whenever I try to open the dictionary in Word 2003, either by clicking its icon, or hitting Alt+click over a word, Word shuts down. Vista Business, Service Pack 2 Thinkpad T400, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 3GB RAM ...

Switching companies using SQL Passthrough
I have an application that uses SQL_Passthrough. As part of the code you must execute a statement that uses the appropriate database. The code looks like this: set SQL_Statements to "use MYDB"; status = SQL_Execute(SQL_connection, field SQL_Statements); This works fine, but my application can be used for any number of databases. At first, I modified it to use the Dex.ini file, which works. Here is the modification: dbname = Defaults_Read("SQLDB"); dbopencommand = "use " + dbname; set SQL_Statements to dbopencommand; status = SQL_Execute(SQL_connection,...

Outlook 2003 does not sync properly when connected.
When connected thru a Windows 2000 Server to the internet, and using VPN to connect to an Exchange Server running on Windows 2000 Small Busness Server, I get the following error. "(0x8004011D) The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists." I am able to connect it I dial into the internet and use VPN to connect to the internet. ...

Slow Open/Save over Network Connection
My client has an Apple XServe located in a "co-location" server farm which is providing very fast and reliable network speeds (10 mbps DL, 11 mbps UL). His office location is using AT&T DSL with DL speeds around 3.5 mbps. The directory that sits on the XServe is shared over the internet so my client can access it from multiple locations. Most of the documents are MS Word files. They are using Intel based iMacs with the latest versions of MS Office 2008. The problem my client is facing is the horrible speeds of opening, saving, and closing Office 2008 files. It could take up...

Outlook Opens looking for Exchange Server
A computer club member wishes to used Outlook so that she can sync with her Palm. Environment: Windows XP Pro SP2, IE 7, Windows Genuine Advantage installed. Symptom One: When Outlook is opened, the program is looking for Exchange Server. She is using a laptop with no exchange server available. Symptom Two: When performing Office Update, three items did not install all with error code 0x8024402C: 1. Update for Outlook Junk Mail (KB943591) 2. Office 2003 update SP3 3. Security Update for CAPICOM (KB931906) I suspicion that Office 2003 is a 60 day trial that has never been activated. Are ...

Exchange 2003 or Outlook 2003 error
This is only happening with one of our users, and I am trying to figure out if it is with there Outlook 2003 Client or if it is with our Exchange 2003 server. I have read other posts about this however I could not tell if the error was with one or all of the clients. Also they seemed to indicate it was for outside there domain, ours is happening for both outside and inside when a mail is sent to a user on the same server and domain. They have not received the error (to my knowledge) from OWA. Error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject...

Using namespaces? I've some messy nested contexts that I want to clean up...
Hi, I've got the following code structure Class A { ... private: Class B { public: enum C { ENUM X } C MyVar; C MyFunc() } } So for function definitions in B I have to write A::B::C A::B::MyFunc() and for objects of B in A if(pb->MyVar==B::ENUM_X) It's all just a bit messy. Isn't it. Someone please help. Regards. ...

Old emails not displayed (Multiple PC's using same inbox)
I have 2 machines running XP and Outlook 2000. Both mahcines are setup to using the same Exchange Server email account. When i open outlook in one machine all mail are visable is the inbox, and new mail is received correctly. But if i opne Outlook on the second machine my inbox is empty. Any new mails will appear quickly then disappear. I cannot get the second machine to display old emails. If I leave the first machine off, all new mail will stay in the second machines inbox, but if I open outlook on the second machine all mail disappears and is shown in the first machines inbox. A...

Exchange VSS Writer Error
Hi, Our Exchange Server ( running on Win2003, Exch2003-SP1 ) is having backup issues since the active backup job was interrupted by a network failure. Network switch's power was interrupted during an active backup job. After the incident, I am having error when I try to start the exchange backup. I am using Veritas Backup veritas 10 to do the backup job. I have tried to use the windows native backup but is facing the similar problem also. The following is the event details when i try to activate a backup job Event Type: Information Event Source: NTBackup Event Category: None ...

User Display name
I have a minor issue I cannot figure out. One of my CRM users display's as FirstName, LastName the rest as Lastname,FirstName. How do I get them all to display correctly? Thanks in the organization settings of CRM you can set the full name format. unfortunately when you change this is does not update existing records...only newly created ones. "MattB" <MattB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECC6A9CF-6E69-478E-8D41-F4A1C0EEACAF@microsoft.com... >I have a minor issue I cannot figure out. > One of my CRM users display's as FirstName, LastName ...

User defined functions aware of what cell they are placed in?
Hi, I would like to make a user defined function which needs to know in what cell and what worksheet it is placed in. I will be using this UDF in multiple cells on multiple worksheets. I originally just passed the cell row and column as parameters to the UDF however this ended up updating all worksheets and not just the one the UDF was on. Is there any way to do this? Option Explicit function myfunct(something as somethingelse) as something msgbox application.caller.address & vblf _ & application.caller.parent.name & vblf _ & application.caller.pare...

multiple users...again
My wife and I have road runner cable. We each have our own email account. We want to use Outlook 2003 to read our respected emails. I've tried to configure it so that we each have our own password for outlook for privacy of email. As it stands now, when I click on the Outlook shortcut on the desktop it asks for my password. I give it and it opens up my email folder. I tried to create a folder for my wife's email. I put a password on her folder. Now when I open outlook from the shortcut on the desktop, it want's my password. The program opens and then to get to her f...

Formula to process 3 cells using IF statements
I have 3 columns of experimental data (C:E). Row 30 contains the sums (C30:E30). I need a formula that will examine the three sums and return the column number that has the lowest sum. If more than one column is lowest, select one randomly. Example: C30 D30 E30 Result 10 11 12 1 (C) 22 20 21 2 (D) 32 31 30 3 (E) 40 41 40 Randomly select 1 or 3 51 50 50 Randomly select 2 or 3 60 60 60 Randonly select 1, 2, or 3 Can this be done with IF statements or do I need to write a macro? Well, this is a bit cumbersome, but it se...

Help!! Way to find users sending email to large amount of receipients.
Could some one tell me if there is a way in Exchange 2003 to find out what users are sending email to a large amount of recipients? I'm having some serious performance issues and I'm sure it's some one sending email to a large amount of recipients. Thanks, Will ...

SMTP Security #2
Does any know what is the Best Practice for Securing SMTP is? and More importantly do you have the documentation to implement it? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;193922 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324059 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319356 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836500 Austin Morgan wrote: > Does any know what is the Best Practice for Securing SMTP is? and More > importantly do you have the documentation to implement it? > > You could configure SMTP mail rel...