External users in same domain

I have a unique situation.  I have a domain (use xyz.com for example). I have
Exchange server setup but not utilizing it in the usual way.  Using SMTP to
send mail but a POP connector to retrieve mail from mailboxes at the domain
host (external ISP hosting xyz.com)  I have to do this because I have users
in different geographical locations and they receive their mail thru Outlook
by connecting to the external POP accounts at the ISP hosting xyz.com.  These
external users do not usually connect to my Exchange Server, but they are in
the same domain xyz.com.

From within my Exchange organization, I cannot send mail to the external
users. I recieve two different Exhange errors.  Without an exchange account
for the external user I get: "The e-mail account does not exist a the
organization this message was sent to.  Check the e-mail address, or contact
the recipient directly to find out the correct address."

I attempted to create these external users as mail-enabled users or
mail-enabled contacts, in both cases specifying their address which would be
in form of <user>@xyz.com (I am using valid email addresses - point being
they are in same domain and their mailboxes actually exist at the externally
hosted domain).  Doing this results in the following message when I attempt
send mail from within the exchange organization: "A configuration error in
the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be
forwarded between two recipients"

I kind of understand what Exchange is complaining about.  Is there a way to
have exchange route the mail to the Internet for the external users?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
--
LThibx

0
lthibx (2)

Viewing Users outgoing Mail
I have a company that is worried about end users sending out sensitive emails. They would like me to implement a security measure that would allow them to save a copy of every users email (incoming and outgoing) to a folder that the owner could review. I can easily solve the fist part. I would create a user (name security for example) and go into the exchange features of every user and forward a copy of all incoming mail to that user. My problem is the second part. I have no idea how to store a copy of outgoing mail so that the owner can review it. Just give him permissions to th...

MAS 200 users group
I am interested in forming a MAS 90\200 users group online, and if possible monthly face-to-face meetings in\around the Philadelphia area (PA, NJ, DE, MD). The idea would of course be to share ideas and insights and solve usage issues\problems. Would anyone be interested in this? Jim in Boothwyn, PA ...

E-mail from Active Directory user to CRM user
How can I send an e-mail message from an Active Directory user (not CRM user) to a CRM user AND see this e-mail within the CRM IE client? One way that I've heard of is to use a SMTP based router through an external routing server. I don't remember the specifics though, but if you doa Google search on this group, you may be able to find the directions. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 19:11:56 -0300, "Mauricio" <mwand@uol.com.br> wrote: How can I send an e-mail mes...

lost user profiles
I ran a disc defragment and when it was done all of my family's user profiles were gone except the one I was logged onto. How do I find those profiles and restore them. They are not in C>Documents and Settings. sherrobry wrote: > I ran a disc defragment and when it was done all of my family's > user profiles were gone except the one I was logged onto. How do I > find those profiles and restore them. They are not in C>Documents > and Settings. Windows Defragmentation does not (AFAIK) delete anything. Not saying that it couldn't have - although t...

Exchange 2003 domain delivery problem
We have exchange running on Small Business 2003 and have a delivery problem. We are not using Exchange as a mail server so much as a intermediary between another mail server (Postfix). We have POP3 Server Service setup and that is working great on the 2003 Server. When we send through to any other domain but the one specified in the SMTP Address i.e. domain.com it works fine. When we send however to user@domain.com through Outlook via the Exchange Server we get a 5.1.1 error that it can not find the user. The user is valid on the Linux (Postfix) Mail Server for user@domain.com b...

Sending from different domain's email address
Hi, I have an Exchange 2003, running on Window Server 2003 (AD and DNS too) server setup for sending mail from a domain called (for illustration purposes) domain1.com. All clients are using Outlook and mail gets sent and retrieved fine from this domain. I now need to send some mail from another domain, as in user@domain2.com, where not all of domain2's email is handled by our server. I tried adding domain2.com to the default policy of the server, made sure the new smtp address had been added to my user profile in AD as an smtp address and then tried to send a mail from Outlook by changin...

Locing records i nmulti user
Hi I have a multi-user Access 2003/2007 database. In mono user mode everything works fine, but in multi user mode there seems to be occasionally a Conflict message giving the users to either Save Record, Copy to Clipboard or Drop Changes. I open my tables something like: Public Function OpenTable(strTableName As String) As DAO.Recordset On Error GoTo FoutOpenTable Set ws = DBEngine.Workspaces(0) Set db = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Databases(0) Set OpenTable = db.OpenRecordset(strTableName, dbOpenTable) ExitFoutOpenTable: Set db = Nothing Exit Function FoutOpenTable:...

Reference to cell with external spreadsheet
I have a lookup function with a very long range name which referrs to another spreadsheet. I would like to make a cell with the text of the range and just refer to the cell in the lookup function. Is this possible? Thank you On 19 Dec, 20:43, B Lane <B L...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a lookup function with a very long range name which referrs to ano= ther > spreadsheet. I would like to make a cell with the text of the range and j= ust > refer to the cell in the lookup function. Is this possible? > > Thank you If you long range name is in ...

New Mail Domain
I already have 50 mailboxes on my W2K3 Server + Exchange Server 2003 SP2 under the @mydomain.com (for example : john.smith@mydomain.com and so on) I now wish to host in addition some mailboxes for a new domain called myseconddomain.com (for example : bill.dupont@myseconddomain.com and so on) I guess I need to create a new Recipient Policy with myseconddomain.com, but I'm not at ease with the further steps... Any idea? Help appreciated Nicolas Hi, This should help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html Leif "Nicolas Macarez" <macarez@free.fr> wrote in me...

users only for mail, no domain rights
Hi everyone, I hope I'm posting to the right newsgroup, if not please suggest me another. Currently my company decided to give personal mail accounts to all users, meaning that besides user@mydomain.com the will also have a user_per@mydomain.com The messages are supposed to be delivered into different mailboxes, and also different storage groups (the personal mailboxes will not be backed up). The question is: I suppose I have to create a domain user "user_per" for every user in an OU. Since the "user_per" user of mydomain must never do anything in the domain but ...

OWA Domain login #2
whenever i login OWA i have to give domain name\username. > Is there a way I can eliminate giving domain name in OWA,please let me know Yes, although I haven't touched an Exchange box in a bit, and don't have one in front of me. If memory serves, it is in the properties of the HTTP VS within Exchange System Manager. Provide the default domain name, and after that your users shouldn't need to provide it. -- Michael Bell Bell Consulting Services, Inc. No emails please. "ANDY" <ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:321FC73B-6908-4BAF-BDC9-B88...

How to read other user calender in exchange.
Hi, Any one can suggest me how to read out look exchange calender of other user. regards, Pritesh File-> Open-> Other User's Folder... This of course assumes that this user has already provided you the permissions to do so. See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/permissions.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Pritesh Patel" <Pritesh Patel@discussions.microsoft.com&...

user not in GAL
Hello, On my network i have 1 exchange 2003 server (this is also DC,GC) Now, i installed a second exchange 2003 server ( member) I want to move all mailboxes to the new server. After that i want to uninstall my first exchange server. The problem i have: I cannot see the user anymore in the Global Address List after i moved the users mailbox to my new server. Any help? Remember, Exchange isn't responsible for the directory anymore. But I'd take a guess that the Offline Address Book hasn't been rebuilt since you moved the user. Wait a day and see if it becomes happy. If you ...

Copy file to all users desktop directory
I have a d:\users folder on my server. inside users, each user has a folder named with their name. inside each of those folders is a desktop folder. I have a file on the C drive that I need to copy to each of those desktop folders, thereby giving each user this shortcut. Does anyone have a script that could do that, instead of me copying this file manually a few hundred times? many thanks if you do! ...

see messages in user's maibox
Is there a way, other than Outlook and OWA, to see/look into a user mailbox? The Tracking of a message will not give the message text - right? I need to review all e-mail that has been sent or received by a user - how do I do that? Without using Outlook or OWA. Thx Correct - message tracking will not display message content. Journaling - will dump all mail to a journaling mailbox for all users of a store. Custom apps/scripts can be used if you have permissions on the target mailbox(es). -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "John Leonard - Sage" <...

Move mailbox from one user account to another
Is it possible to move a mailbox from one user to another? I have 2 domains with an account called 1234 in both. The account in one domain has a mailbox and I would like to move it to the account in the other domain. One way is to orphan the mailbox by deleting the account in domain 1 and then reconnect the mailbox to the account in domain 2. However I don't want to delete the account in domain 1. If I use ADMT to migrate the account from domain 1 to domain 2 could I then use ADClean to merge the accounts? This would be a workaround because I would be left without an account in d...

Tell Outlook a default domain when using RPCoHTTP
I swear I saw this done somewhere but, now that I want to do it, I can't find it. I want to change Exchange/Outlook so it does not require the user to enter their domain\username, just their username. I've already done this for OWA, but I was sure it could be done for Outlook users as well, running HTTPoRPC. Thanks, Kiran Bump? Anyone? "Kiran Otter" <kiranotter@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e8xED%23aqGHA.4992@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I swear I saw this done somewhere but, now that I want to do it, I can't >find it. > > I want to change E...

NT4Emulator and Exchange ADC in W2K3 Domain Migration
I have a question about migration order (NT ---> W2K3 and Exchange 5.5 ---> Exchange 2003) in the following scenario: NT4 domain in process of in-place upgrade to 2003. PDC has been upgraded to W2K3 DC using the NT4Emulator setting to avoid branch office clients (xp and 2000) from authenticating exclusively to this DC before the rest of the NT4 BDCs are upgraded. Due to some hardware re-use issues, I would like to be able to move/consolidate all Exchange accounts from all central and branch office Exchange 5.0 and 5.5 servers by moving mailboxes to a new Exchange 2003 server whi...

Change Manager for user
crm3.0, Alan is the manager of Philip. But now, Margaret is the manager of Philip Then I logon to CRM as administrator and open the user of "Philip", but I cannot change the manager of Philip. Why? Oh I got it. Cannot change from the user form, but can change from the list. "Goldensun" wrote: > crm3.0, Alan is the manager of Philip. But now, Margaret is the manager of > Philip > > Then I logon to CRM as administrator and open the user of "Philip", but I > cannot change the manager of Philip. > > Why? ...

Create User Access
I want a user to be able to create users, mailbox and contacts on the server and nothing else. Waht groups should this user be member of? Elplz You'll probably want to make a custom set of permissions. Start with making them an Exchange View Only Administrator. Then apply permissions to the dbs or storage groups that you want them to be able to create mailboxes. Then use the AD delegation of control wizard to give them the permissions they need in AD. Nue "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00D12AC4-CDCB-4974-8E6B-509DB5C81188...

Open workbook after user input then transfer data
Hi All, I have a workbook (Test Request) that contains user input information that is repeated in another workbook (Test Worksheet), naturally I'd like the users of the second workbook to simply identify the first workbook name and have the information automatically updated into the second..... Any ideas on how to macro this one ? The workbooks (Test Request) will always be in a set location (directory). Thanks, Neil ...

Keeping External Links from Calculating
Our company uses a product which allows us to link cells directly to a database using certain parameters (works like an add-in). The problem I am encountering is that I need to maintain these links without having them update- yet I want the user to be able to update the workbook formulas that are not external links. Any ideas? Thanks in advance... Amy Hi Amy, If I'm reading you correctly, you want formulae such as =SUM(A1:B1) to update, but not external links. This is possible, and below I've cut and apste some text from Excel help (do a search for Update External Link). ...

Fake domain put our domain to being blocking by AOL or Comcast.
Hi, Recently, we receive a lot of email back and told us that our email has been block by some big ISP. My questions is can someone setup a fake email server and use our domain name and send out spam?? For example, if our domain is www.abc.com. Can anyone set up an email server with a same name abc.com and send out spam. If this is the case, then we could be a victim. since lot of big ISP will block our email which effect our business so bad. I already turn off the relay function on out email server. we r using windows 2000 server with exchange 2000. SP3. Can anyone tell me what...

Adding a new domain in Exch 2003 Server
Hi all, I have an Exchange 2003 server that receives my company email. I need to add a second domain and am having trouble finding how I do this. So, I currently use me@mycompany.com and want to add a company2@mycompanycorp.com. Ideas? Thanks to everyone! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02A7_01C51A99.1D611FB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Try this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;249299 --=20 Tony Eversole MCSE, MCSA, Net+, A+ "Steve" <Steve@...

exchange 2003 / 2 pc / same user
I have 2 Pc (1 desktop and 1 notebook) for 1 week i have to go out from my office, is possible to copy the same e-mail folders with e-mails also in the notebook ? I will also want to check and reply the e-mail with my notebbok and then (when i will return to my office) syncronize it with the desktop pc ? can you help me? Hi - do you connect to an Exchange server? If not, this is the wrong group for your question. Try microsoft.public.outlook for help with Outlook questions and see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm If you use Exchange, and keep your data in the mailbox (as you s...