External messages problem

Hi all,

I have this problem with a customer,
they have an Exchange 2003 Server (SBS2003).
The external mailboxes resides on the ISP so they download messages to
internal mailboxes through POP3 connector.
This works fine but we see 2 problems:

1) When an internal user wants to send messages to an external user the mail
is sended with the "reply-to" pointing to the internal mailbox (not
resolvable from internet), so when the external user wants to reply and
sends the email the address is not recongnized and the email bounces.

2) If we change the "reply-to" to match the external email addresses we
resolve problem 1 but internal email is sended anytime through the internet
regardless of been internal delivery.

Any clue will be appreciated :)

Dan.-

0
dnw (9)

In news:%23nO7NNDpGHA.504@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,
DNW <dnw@hotmail.com> typed:
> Hi all,
>
> I have this problem with a customer,
> they have an Exchange 2003 Server (SBS2003).
> The external mailboxes resides on the ISP so they download messages to
> internal mailboxes through POP3 connector.
> This works fine but we see 2 problems:
>
> 1) When an internal user wants to send messages to an external user
> the mail is sended with the "reply-to" pointing to the internal
> mailbox (not resolvable from internet), so when the external user
> wants to reply and sends the email the address is not recongnized and
> the email bounces.
> 2) If we change the "reply-to" to match the external email addresses
> we resolve problem 1 but internal email is sended anytime through the
> internet regardless of been internal delivery.
>
> Any clue will be appreciated :)
>
> Dan.-

Hmmm. #2 doesn't make sense to me - the recipient policy on the server
should most likely be set up with yourdomain.com as the primary SMTP address
for all your users...and internal won't get delivered 'through the internet'
if Exchange knows it's responsible for that domain.

That said, since you're using the POP connector (which is part of SBS, not
Exchange) I suggest you post in microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs for more
specific help. POP connectors are not recommended - I suggest you consider
switching to direct SMTP delivery if at all possible.

0
lanwench (7567)

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Problem with CFTPConnection

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

auto reply to incoming messages
SOS. I am having trouble with my Outlook 2002. I am trying to set up an "out of office assitant". It says i need to have Microsoft Exchange for this to work. So i went back to my Office XP disk and tried adding it in seperately and then i tried reinstalling Office XP, and still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions, thanks! Paul "Paul" <hiltonjp1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:047CCF7C-4B62-4807-A784-238663B88EF7@microsoft.com... > SOS. I am having trouble with my Outlook 2002. I am trying to set up an "out of office assitant". It says i need ...

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

request to solve my problem #5

limit the number of outgoing messages
Hi, who can I limit the number of concurrent outgoing messages? for example: if I have a queue of 1000 messages, how can I force exchange to send only 50 messages at a time? ...

BCC view of already sent message(s)
Once I did send a message(s) to BCC recipients...How do I review or see whom I did send the message in my "message sent folder? Select the message in your Sent Items folder. Press Ctrl+F3. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "FoxBravoMetroDeltaOscar" = <FoxBravoMetroDeltaOscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:C8E184C0-8EDA-4608-A2C6-ED244211A40B@microsoft.com... > Once I did send a message(s) to BCC recipients...How do I review or = see whom=20 > I did sen...

Carbon Copy of a message
when ever I get an email from 2 specific users the message always Carbon Copies itself and I cant figure out why. So I end up with 2 of the same messages. Any help would rock Thanx ...

Previous/Next in Outlook 2003 email message crash
I have Outlook 2003, when I opened an email then after reading it, I clicked Previous or Next Item within my message, it crashed Outlook. Does anyone have or seen this problem before, any fixes or solution? Thanks in advance. Tlam ...

Message Cleanup
Does anyone have an idea why I get this every week? (all zeros) I have about 30 active mailboxes...? It should clean them up (I think) which would be greater than zero! The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2007-02-11 00:05:07 Completed at: 2007-02-11 00:05:07 Mailboxes processed: 0 Messages moved: 0 Size of moved messages: 0.00 KB Deleted messages: 0 Size of deleted messages: 0.00 KB DO you have a mailbox cleanup policy in place? IF so, what folders are you cleaning at what time frame? "Len A" <nomail@nospa...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Outlook error message
Unable to expand the folder. The rest of folders could not be opened. There are no additional Microsoft Exchange client licenses available. Contact your adminstrator to obtain a client license to use Microsoft Exchange This is the error message that our clients are receiving when attempting to open outlook version 2000 or above to Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 server. We do have the available licenses and have already set them up in license manager on the server and then license logging service is started. We keep having to stop and start the License Logging Service and then they can get in fi...

Duplicate messages coming into inbox
We had a problem with 7040 messages re-coming into our inbox from June 2009 through April 2010 this past Saturday. We had turned our computer off for the first time in 30 days. We are using 5 different email accounts within the same version of Outlook and only the MSN email account gave us duplicates. We called their support and they said there was no server outage or anything that might have caused this duplication. Now we're trying to find the Outlook set up that might be causing the problem. All of our email settings use POP/STMP in Tools/Account Settings on the Email tab....

Printing problem in booklet format

problem opening up program/file

Result in message box
HI, this is second time iam posting this ,,kindly help me a form contains button which runs a query like select count(field1) from table t1 ... then normally we will get a spread sheet window containing result in a single cell, let say answer is 85. now when command button is clicked then a message box should appear displaying the result 85.. please give coding also if required..... thanks naveen prasad wrote: > HI, > this is second time iam posting this ,,kindly help me > What was wrong with the reply you've already received? Please reply in your origina...

Money deluxe 2007 password problem
When I update my bank account transactions I get a message saying that my account was not updated because my password is incorrect. I then go into account info and have to update my password. I save the update, but then it happens again sporadically when I open Money at later times. Is there a way to fix this glitch? ...