External Mail addresses with same domain name

We have some POP3 mail account that are hosted remotely,
however they have the same domain name as the internal
addresses.  Therefore the problem is that when internal
users try and send to the external users exchange sends
back an error saying address not found, unstead of
sending it external.  In 5.5 you could setup an external
User and it worked fine, but in 2003 it doesn't work the
same. Any suggestions?
0
anonymous (74722)

In Exchange 2000 you can configure SMTP servers with the option to
forward messages with unresolved recipient names (within the same
domain) to a specific host or IP address. That host would be the smtp
relay of your external mail supplier.

Outlook 2002 + cached addresses
One of my OCD users had a problem with some old email addresses being cached in Outlook 2002. I tried the trick of opening a new email, letting the address appear, then deleting. This worked on some of the addresses, but not all. I also renamed the .nk2 file to .bak....that helped for a while, now the problem is reappearing. Are there any other ways to fix this forever? ...

How do I move excel address lists to outlook. and vice versa.
If I have an address list in excel that contains First Name, Last name, Title, Company, Address, Phone, Fax, Email. How can I assign a column to cooridinate with the Name, address fields etc. in Outlook. And then how can I choose certain outlook addresses to be exported back to excel. This would make my life much easier. Lost This is how I do it. The basics........Your layout may differ. Instructions here are for Name and Email address only, but adjust to suit for more columns. First have the names and email addresses in Excel in two columns. I set up also a third column with the ...

Outlook 2003 mail rules #2
Is it possible to change a rule so that the connection between conditions is OR rather than AND? I'd like to apply the same rule to mail that goes *to* someone or comes *from* them (move it to their folder) This looks fundamentally impossible, as you have to chose upfront whether your rule will handle incoming or outgoing mail, and those choices are mutually exclusive. -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk Create two rules to move the mail to the same folder - one that acts on outgoing and one that acts on incoming. -- Bill R MVP "S...

Error adding Outlook Address Book
Hello All, I'm having some issues adding the Outlook Address Book service on an Outlook 2002/XP client running Windows XP. I go to Tools - Email Accounts - and select "View or change existing directories or address books" and attempt to add the Outlook Address Book. The action seems to process correctly (there are no error messages) and I get the confirmation that it is necessary to restart Outlook before the change will take place. It's important to note that at this point I don't see the Outlook Address Book in the list of services once the add suppose...

whitelisting valid email addresses
Hello: We receive many virus generated or spam generated email messages which correctly contain our valid domain name *@domain.com. Is there any way on exchange 2000 to create a list of valid email addresses for our domain and then delete all other messages. ( a whitelist if you prefer ) Or do I need a 3rd party app to do this. Any help would be appreciated. thanks. arno Much easier to do with a smart relay host. Oullook 2003 is also quite good at this from the client side. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "Tom L"...

Address List based on OU?
In Exchange 2003 SP1 is it possible to create an address list of recipients in a particular OU? We have address lists based on the Company attribute but the accounts are already grouped into OU's that represent the same thing. Hi Rames I would suggest you create a Query-Based Distribution Group that included the users in the OU, and then create the Address List based membership of the Query-Based Distribution Group. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Rames" <Rames@discussions.micros...

SEND MY Mail
Repairs in my laptop deleted previous Windows mail. Please send my mail to previous address jmccabe2290@comcast.net. Thank you jack mccabe "jack mccabe" <jmccabe2290@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u$E6AfDyKHA.5132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Repairs in my laptop deleted previous Windows mail. Please send my mail to > previous address jmccabe2290@comcast.net. > Thank you > jack mccabe > "jack mccabe" <jmccabe2290@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u$E6AfDyKHA.5132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Repairs in my laptop deleted ...

Outlook 2000 Internet Only Mail
Where do you find the storage file for Outlook 2000(IMO). I am trying to export the mail from the storage file to another mail file. The *.pst file location varies depending on what operating system you are running. The easiest way to determine location is to start Outlook. Right click on Outlook Today/personal folders and select properties. Select Advanced. Path/Filename information should be near the top. "Edwin Brooks" <ekbrooks@scal.kp.org> wrote in message news:026b01c35a1f$6399b690$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Where do you find the storage file for Outlook 2000(IMO). &...

OWA and domain name
Hello, I know this can be done because i have done it before, but do you think I could find the tech details anymore. I would like to setup my OWA so that users aren't required to prefix their user name with the domain name. Does anyone know where this tech article resides? -- Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA http://www.pbbergs.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/OWA2003Forms-based-Authentication-default-domain.html Nue "Paul Bergson" <pbergson@allete_nospam.com&g...

Mail merge from excel to word
Hi I am having trouble mail merging numbers and formulas from excel to word The information merges successfully, however numbers are given 15 decimal points once merged, I have tried all format choices within excel to no avail Please help Thank you Helen After you select your Excel file as a data source, you should see a 'Confirm Data Source' dialog box. From that list, choose 'MS Excel Worksheets via DDE (*.xls)', and your formatting will be retained. If you have to connect through a different source, you can format the fields in the Word document. For example, to spe...

Address Book Addresses
There was a list of addresses at the bottom of the left pane in Outlook Express which I closed and can't seem to reopen for convenience sake. Can anyone enlighten me? I'm running 0E6.0 -- ujhardy go to tools-layout and check contacts "Euly" <u.hardy@verizon.net> wrote in message news:doiMb.6513$sb3.4496@nwrddc01.gnilink.net... > There was a list of addresses at the bottom of the left pane in Outlook > Express which I closed and can't seem to reopen for convenience sake. Can > anyone enlighten me? I'm running 0E6.0 > > -- > ujhardy >...

Address Book : View Order
The names that appear in the Address Book from folders which I've checked to be included as email addresses in the Properties of Contacts folders in Outlook are ordered First Name, Last Name. I want the order to be by Last Name, First Name. The Address Book is utilized when you go to address an email message in Outlook and press the "To" bar: the Address Book comes up and the folders that have contacts that one can access are those folders checked in Outlook to generate email addresses. This is not related to the "File As" record in Outlook or how contacts are ordered w...

Header of a mail
Hello, How to read the header of a mail with VB or VBA Thx You need to use CDO. There are samples at slovaktech.com, outlook-tips.net, outlookcode.com and cdolive.com. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Jacques" <jac_be@hotmail.co...

Printing one invoice per ship to address
Hi! I thought this was standard GP functionality but I have been testing it and so far no luck. If you have an invoice with 3 line items and each line item has a different ship to address, GP will only print 1 invoice and follow the ship to address on the sales header. Is this correct? Is it possible to print separate invoices per ship to address? Thanks. -- Marisol Mortera Hi Marisol, That is correct and which is why we have an add-on that addresses that issue. Our product is called the Sales Document Splitting Manager (http://www.binarystream.com/SalesDocumentSplittingManager...

Internal groups with external recipients causing loop failures
We run Exchange 2000. We have numerous internal distribution lists, that is they don't have a fully qualified SMTP alias associated. Some members forward to external addresses, and currently we are seeing: A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. <server name> #4.4.6 We are getting the same messages delivering twice to external recipients, as if the looping email is retrying to the group again. What should I be looking for? Thanks Nothing to do with exchange s...

Reject email from external address to a distribution list
I want to limit emails accepted by a DL to be from internal recipients (and stipulated addresses) and reject all external address. The Delivery Restrictions tab only allows entries from Server Recipients. Is there way to perform this task within Exchange 5.5? Thanks Mitch Assign invalid SMTP e-mail address to that DL. Mitch wrote: > I want to limit emails accepted by a DL to be from internal > recipients (and stipulated addresses) and reject all > external address. The Delivery Restrictions tab only allows > entries from Server Recipients. Is there way to perform > this task...

Time mail was opened
Is is possible to tell on exchange server 2000 or through outlook what time an email was first opened? The client is using outlook 2003. I've been searching for several hours and haven't come up with any mention if this is even possible. Can anyone answer this or point me in the right direction? tia, Kevin Here is a close resemblance. First go to the message tracking tool in Exchange System Manager and checked when it was delivered into the (local) user's mailbox. Second go to the Information Store where that user's mail box is and see when was the last time the user lo...

Getting Starting Microsoft Word as your e-mail editor . when clicking on email hyperlink.
Getting "Starting Microsoft Word as your e-mail editor" message when clicking on email hyperlink. Receive the above message on one compute but not the other. Both have updated versions of all Windows XP and Office software. No errors on computer with respect to Word or Normal.Dot. Just something I noticed recently. Of course I can live with it but being inquisitive, I wonder why I receive this or if there is some setting somewhere. I t5ried changing the setting in IE to another mail program and resetting back but that did not eliminate the message. Thank you Patty ...

VBA Opening worksheet, name changes
I have a VBA code - that opens a worksheet, then gets data. The problem is that the worksheet name can change, then it won't open. Is there anyway to save the worksheet name as some variable, that can reference the worksheet name/location + will automatically update? Thanks Use the codename not the Excel name. This is usually the same, Sheet1, Sheet2, etc, but it doesn't change if the user changes the Excel name. You use it like Sheet1.Range("A1") instead of Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") -- HTH Bob Phillips "Jeff" <Jeff@di...

Naming class modules in Excel 2002
How do you do this??? In VB Help for Excel 2002 under 'Using Events with the Application Object', it says 'Before you can use events with the Application object, you must create a new class module and declare an object of type Application with events. For example, assume that a new class module is created and called EventClassModule'. When I do an Insert/Class Module, it's generated with name Class1. How do I change this to EventClassModule? Regards, Bryan Either show the property window (View -> Properties Window) or right click -> Properties Bryan You can do...

Saving e-mails in My Documents folder in Outlook 2003
In older versions of Outlook, I could save emails to "My Documents" folder in the left navigation pane. Is it possible to move e-mails into My Documents folder in Outlook 2003? If so, How? You can drag the emails to the My Docs folder and it will create an Outlook message or use the save as and choose the format you want to save it in. "Carole" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d2101c47f4d$ee7634b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In older versions of Outlook, I could save emails to "My > Documents" folder in the left navigation...

historial de e-mails
Hello. Where are that accounts who outlook 2003 propose to us when we start to write. For example, we put an "a" and outlook propose to us mailto:albert@msn.com because before in whatever moment we hace written a mail to mailto:albert@msn.com I want that history for another outlook. Thanks. If I understand your post correctly, you want to know where Outlook keeps its auto complete feature. Look for Outlook.NK2 at the following location: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Note: I'm not sure if Outlook.NK2 is transferrable to another c...

Change address and phonenumber to contacts in "new case" window.
If I am in the middle of creating a new case and talks with the customer on the phone...I wants to be able to change the customers address, phonenumber, computername, username....and so on in the New case window. I've got no time to find the contact and update this information and then back to the New case window and type in the customers problem. But I want to be able to change this information in both ways. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&...

Display of Contact Names when selecting one for email
When creating an email message, when I click on the To button a list of my contacts opens so that I can select a contact. In Outlook 2003 the names appeared sorted by File As Names but in 2007 the contact names are displayed by Name starting with and sorted by either initials or first name. Is it possible to change the settings so that the list is displayed by File As names? Denis The same as always. Go to Tools > Account Settings > Address Book Tab > Outlook Address Book > Change... > Set sort order there -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Denis" <denis@...

New mail notification #2
Is there a way to have the new mail notification box/window stay up longer than 30 seconds in Outlook 2003 like you used to be able to do in older versions of Outlook (i.e. like Outlook 2000)? I am not talking about the little envelope that appears in the task bar, but the notification box window that appears in the lower corner of the screen (used to appear right in the middle of the scree). Thanks Sounds like you're asking about the popup notification window from MSN Messenger when it detects you have new e-mails. -- ____________________________________________________________...