External contacts in Exchange 2010

Hi,
I am importing a lot of contact from a db to an OU in active directory. To
create the new contacts I am using cmdlet New-MailContact from Exchange
Management Shell.
Unfortunately many contacts have the same e-mail address (it is right!!)
then the command got the error:

The proxy address "SMTP:info@xxxxxxx.it" is already being used by
"xxxxxxx.it/CustomOU".
 Please choose another proxy address.
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (xxxxxxx.it/R...Firstname
Lastname:ADObjectId) [New-MailContact], ProxyAdd
   ressExistsException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId :
81CEF113,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.NewMailContact

Is there anyone that knows a workaround?

thanks a lot!

custom entity + linking contact
Hi, I am new to the CRM product. And have a few questions...... I know that in 3.0 you can create custom entity, but can you link your custom entity to other entity such as contact/account? In defining the custom entity, there's a relationship field and mapping field. What are they exactly? When/How do you define a relationship/mapping? Thanks, Jane You can create relationships to other entities when you create a new custom entity in 3.0. I believe that you can also establish if the new custom entity maps up to an existing entity, or receives mapped info from an existing entity. -...

Office Tools in 2010
I use Office 2003 and am accustomed to reaching for Office Tools quite often. Are they included in any version of 2010? Thank you. Some are. Which specific tools are you looking for? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "JJG" <not@anwhere.com> wrote in message news:ODvL4$76KHA.5708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I use Office 2003 and am accustomed to reaching for Office Tools ...

two exchange mailboxes in Outlook
Hi, This is my first post in your forum. I tried finding a solution for this in your newsgroup but I have been so far unsuccessful. We have Exchange 2000 running on a Windows 2000 Server. I have a user who is using Outlook 2003 and has her personal exchange mailbox configured for it as well as an additional mailbox for humanresources. What is happening is sometimes, she will receive messages destined to the humanresources mailbox that will go to her personal exchange mailbox. When I verify these messages, they have the humanresources e-mail address in the To: field. There ...

RPC over HTTP/S on Exchange 2003
I have been configuring my single server with exchange to use RPC over https I have followed the instructions in MS guide and another simplified guide at http://www.petri.co.il/configure_rpc_over_https_on_a_single_server.htm Server spec is: Server 2003 standard SP1, Exchange 2003 SP1, XP client SP2 with outlook 2003 sp2 The bottom line is that when testing from the WAN, the outlook client will not connect and say that the exchange server is unavailable. I have a lot of experience configuring rpc over http/s with sbs2003 but this is the first time for server 2003 standard. I have outlook ...

ghost & undeletables filling up exchange 2003 mail store
Using Exchange Server 2003 Standard Mail Store has reached it limits. Pre-Offline Defgrag: Prob 1) Durring mailbox cleaning i noticed some (a minority of) messages couldn't be deleted, message i get is: "Can't open this item" and/or "This item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied". Prob 2) Mailbox view shows items in mailboxes that do not exist. i.e. Size, Totla Items and/or Deleted Items show amounts/numbers that do not correspond with the contents of the mailbox when accessed. Post-Offline Defrag: Problems 1 &a...

Adding Contacts Folder as Address Book in Exchange Server
I am trying to add my contacts folder to my address book in Outlook XP and don't see the Tools, Options I used to see in Outlook 2000. How can I add this folder to my address book? Is that an option you can turn on or off for a profile in Exchange Server? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Right click on your Contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book. Can you tick the box there? If not, go to tools, e-mail accounts, view/change address books, and make sure you have the Outlook Address Book option there. Then try right-clicking...

IE 7 and OWA to Exchange 2003
I installed the patch that solves the crash problem when sending a new message through OWA using IE 7. I restarted the machine but it didn't solve the problem. I still can't send mails. We're using Exchange 2003 standard with SP2 on Windows 2003 R2. Any thoughts ? Haim Beyhan "Haim Beyhan" <haimb@enigma.com> wrote: >I installed the patch that solves the crash problem when sending a new >message through OWA using IE 7. I restarted the machine but it didn't solve >the problem. I still can't send mails. >We're using Exchange 2003 sta...

How to install Exchange in an "Administrative Group"
I am running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 on a DC in my lab. Exchange is installed in the "First Administrative Group". Now I want to install a second Exchange 2003 Server in another "Administrative Group" called "Midwest". This is what I did: 1. Installed the second Exchange 2003 server in the "First Administrative Group". 2. Created the second "Administrative Group" called "Midwest". 3. Tried to move the second Exchange 2003 server into the "Midwest" Administrative Group. The problem was that I was not able to &q...

Exchange 2003 SP1 to get DST patch & Exchange 2000 patch is available to anyone for $4,000
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C746B0.CFF31030 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable http://blogs.technet.com/hied_west_blog/archive/2007/02/01/dst-2007-updat= e-outlook-time-zone-data-update-tool-released-february-1-2007.aspx In the "New Highlights" section: "Exchange Server 2003 SP1 will now be = supported for an updated version of the Exchange CDO patch to be = released shortly." and "DST Hotfixes for products in Extended Support can now be purchased for = ...

Activities/Journaling for Public Folder Contacts
I've created a company contacts folder in the Public Folders on Exchange 2k3. I've also created a journal folder in the public folders. I can set the contact folder to search the journal folder when I hit the activities tab, but I can't figure out how to make new journal entries go into the public folder journal instead of my mailbox journal. How do I do this? ...

CRM and Blackberry Connector on Exchange
Are there any problems installing both, CRM Connector and Blackberry Connector on an Exchange-Server? TIA Stefan ...

Forced Removal of Failed Exchange 5.5 Server
A failing Exchange 5.5 infrastructure prompted a rapid migration to Exchange 2000. A mixed mode environment was created and all security principals and data was moved to the new servers before the old server failed. Exchange 2000 is functioning and about to be integrated into an Exchange 2003 environment. However, there is still a grayed-out reference to the now failed/non-existent Exchange 5.5 computer. How can this be resolved? You can delete the server object from ADSI Edit. ADSI edit comes with windows 2000/2003 support tools. Open ADSIEdit and navigate down to the servers lev...

Exchange Patch (KB912442) causes problem w/ share login accts
Exchange2003 std SP2 w/ Office 2003 & XP clients. We have several users who shares a computer, so instead of logging in w/ different users accts, I set them up w/ a shared logging and access Outlook w/ multiple Mail profiles. However, after installing KB912442, it blocks these users from sending emails. It gives them an message that the shared login doesn't have the right to send emails on behalf of this user. I checked the mailbox rights in AD Users and Computers, the shared login has Read & Full mailbox rights permissions. Any idea how to fix this. Thanks in advance. ...

Exchange 2003 smtp queues e-mail delay outbound mails
Hello, Our exchange server is creating several smtp queues whit not valid e-mails I tested our server, and is not a relay problem. The outbound mails should be enable or not ? Thanks Rui On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 00:01:02 -0800, Rui <Rui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, >Our exchange server is creating several smtp queues whit not valid e-mails >I tested our server, and is not a relay problem. > >The outbound mails should be enable or not ? > >Thanks >Rui > > They will be attempts at NDR's back to non existent senders following incoming spam m...

!!HELP!!! Cannot connect to Exchange Server from a RDP, ICA session or server local machine
Please excuse the posting as I wasn't sure which group to post this in. I'm having issues using Outlook from a server desktop, an RDP or ICA connection. I have remote users who connect using Citrix. They logon to the Citrix server desktop (Windows 2003 Server) and use Outlook from there. They can also use Outlook from within Citrix as it is a Published Application. I know some of you are going to suggest why don't they use OWA but let's not get into that. I can log onto any workstation here in the office and connect to the Exchange server and open their Outlook. What I and they...

Creating Contacts For Accounts Using...

Lost Emails & Contacts
I have one user that has lost all of her Outlook information. We're on a Windows SBS 2003 network with roaming profiles. I moved the system from one desk to another and after rebooting the machine all the information is gone. It sort of acts like Outlook somehow created a duplicate profile. If I try to change which address book it shows two different ones call contacts. One of them has her contacts and the other is empty. When you click contacts on the main screen it will not show the profile that has the information. Also, all of the email folders are gone and are reset back t...

exchange 5.5 will not keep new server name.
We have exchange 5.5 in enviroment where windows server 2003 is setup along with active directory and active direcitory intergrated zone which is replicated to other servers. Problem: I enter the Exchange Server Name followed by the mailbox name then I select the button [CHECK NAME] In the exchange server name field after entering the new exchange server name the old exchange server name is displayed instead. This only happens in office 2003 professional and not in office 2000 professional "old exchange server name" How did you go about changing the name of the server...

Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2003
I just upgraded my desktop to Office 2007 - Removing the older Office2000. Our Network is all 2003 Servers & Exchange. My Destop is XP SP3 In OL2007 I cannot see/find any of the exisitng public shared calendars that I could see/access in OL2000. I can see them when I'm in Webmail and desktops still running Office 2000 can see the public calendars. Any help is appreciated. Thanks John Which navigation pane are you in? Press Ctrl+6 to see the folder list. BTW, Did you keep the old Outlook 2000 profile? We recommend new profiles when upgrading from older versions. ...

Encrypting external config section
With .net 4.0 can you now encrypt external sections using the Aspnet_regiis.exe tool? I know in 2.0 you couldn't <connectionStrings file="ExternalWeb.config"> Or is there is a good way to do this without having to write your own exe to munge the xml? thanks, Hi Chuck, Currently, we have no documentation that describes the Aspnet_regiis.exe tool can be used to encrypt external sections in .NET 4.0. Another way to achieve this is to read the extarnal files and inject them inside the web.config. Please refer to the detailed steps in these two a...

Exchange 2003
I've set up a policy that deletes items in the "Deleted Items" folder that are 7 days old (no size limit). For some reason Mailbox Management finds no deleted items. See the email I receive below... The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2006-02-25 00:08:58 Completed at: 2006-02-25 00:08:59 Mailboxes processed: 0 Messages moved: 0 Size of moved messages: 0.00 KB Deleted messages: 0 Size of deleted messages: 0.00 KB The information store is 82 GB's big...there is no way there are no deleted items. I've had this pr...

Column Reference to External Source As a Variable
Can anyone help me convert the column referenced in the formula below into a variable that the user can define? More specifically, I have several columns that I need to read from an external workbook (Short_Billy.xls). Each column to the right of column C represents an additional day out in a 14 day projection from today (whose data is held in column C). In cell I5 of my active workbook (Inventory.xls), I would like the user to be able to enter a value representing the number of days out they would like to see the projection for (0=today=Column C, 1=Tomorrow=Column D, etc.). In cell I6, I...

Exchange client alternative ?
I have an exchange server with about 100 users. I have three computers where I want that about 40-60 people should have access to checking their mail WITHOUT logging off/on. I want that there should be one username to the computer and some other authentication at the email client side. I was thinking of using Outlook Express & implementing identities. I'd like to know if anyone has some other ideas. Thanks Peretz Stern Hi Peretz, You could use Outlook Express with different identities or you could use Outlook 2000 or above with a seperate profile for each user. You could go ...

Error while backup SystemState via DPM 2010
Hi.. we backup the SystemState of our Server via DPM 2010. Since we're upgrade from DPM 2007 RTM to DPM 2010RC (now we use DPM 2010 RTM) on the Server DPM is hosted a eventlog error occured every day after the backup is finished: Source: FilterManager, Event ID: 3 "Filter Manager failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolume....'. This volume will be unavailable for filtering until a reboot. The final status was 0xc03a001c." Server Version: Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 any ideas? Alex ...

How to Change Outgoing port in Exchange 2003
I am running Exchange 2003 on a SBS 2003 server and using the POP3 connector to get the e-mail from my account and also send the email out throught the SMTP server. Starting last Friday the outgoing mail is not being sent. Earthlink tells me that they are now using port 587 for the outgoing mail. How do I change the outgoing mail SMTP port? Thanks -- Don Holden -- Don Holden On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:07:02 -0700, Don Holden <DonHolden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am running Exchange 2003 on a SBS 2003 server and using the POP3 connector >to get the e-mail from my...